THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3358, 3359, 3360 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Garland Had To Have Thought Trump Wouldn’t Comply With A Subpoena Says Weissmann)

Quote:
Former DOJ prosecutor Andrew Weissmann, host of MSNBC’s “Way Too Early” Jonathan Lemire, and former FBI special agent Asha Rangappa, discuss the unprecedented move by the Justice Department to search former President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago home
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I have gained much respect for Merrick Garland. He's been quietly building his case. He put his career on the line with this unprecedented search warrant. I thought he had to grow a pair, looks like if he did there would be no room in his pants,

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
This is what the ACTUAL police state looks like:

Quote:
Judd Legum @JuddLegum

“A 17-year-old girl & her mother have been charged w/a series of felonies & misdemeanors after an apparent medication abortion at home in Nebraska. The state’s case relies on the teenager’s private Facebook messages, obtained from Facebook by court order”

link to article

Facebooked turned over her DM's.

She aborted the fetus at 22 weeks and then she and her mother burned and scattered its remains.

Article says 28 weeks. I’ve also seen 23 weeks and 24 weeks elsewhere. Not sure which is correct.

Facebook turned over her DMs... The piece that really sticks out
Her DMs given to the police
This is really really creepy
"Private," Facebook messages

Time to turnover some politicians Private Facebook messages

If MFer don't want child and the state forced it he/she could easily grow up with serious abuse issues to face due to poverty and abandonment issues
My parents were good people (divorced) who drank too much alcohol every night and I would have to call bars at 830+ and ask if my Mother was there and I was only around 8 or 9 iirc. Trust in authority and feeling loved,?? Nope! Trust I was even wanted as a child not really. Can only imagine how that young female or male feels in their new foster care sex abuse factory

Let God punish the rule breakers not the broken failed humans
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Came here to say let's see what these Magats say when Clarence and his Ginsurrectionist wife have their home raided
I really hate that woman. Evil stupid
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Trump should be in solitary confinement or forced to join the military
Our IRS enabled this POS!!! Human his whole life
Lied that he lost a billion dollars so they let him not pay personal taxes for 10 years

Without the IRS coddling Trump could never have become President. High Level Tax thief/cheat becomes President

Death Penalty for The Insurrection or life in solitude.
He attacked AMERICA and deserves no quarter

Send him to Gitmo
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
This is what the ACTUAL police state looks like:

Quote:
Judd Legum @JuddLegum

“A 17-year-old girl & her mother have been charged w/a series of felonies & misdemeanors after an apparent medication abortion at home in Nebraska. The state’s case relies on the teenager’s private Facebook messages, obtained from Facebook by court order”

link to article

Facebooked turned over her DM's.

She aborted the fetus at 22 weeks and then she and her mother burned and scattered its remains.

This was before the SCOTUS decision and abortion was still legal before 28 weeks in half the states (though not Nebraska). The point is -- this is the lengths to which Red States are willing to go to track down and punish women and girls. And Facebook is happy to help them.

And puts to the lie that criminalizing abortion is "only about going after providers."
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(‘Trump Committed Crimes’: Michael Cohen Rips Into ‘Narcissistic Sociopath’ As Feds Storm Mar-A-Lago)

Quote:
Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, reacts to federal agents searching Trump’s Florida property. Cohen calls the unprecedented raid a “karma boomerang” and dishes on what could be in the safe Trump says agents broke open. Cohen tells MSNBC’s Ari Melber, Trump “truly believes he’s above the law” and thinks “the end is near” for Trump.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Counterintelligence and Export Control Section

The Counterintelligence and Export Control Section (CES) supervises the investigation and prosecution of cases affecting national security, foreign relations, and the export of military and strategic commodities and technology. The Section has executive responsibility for authorizing the prosecution of cases under criminal statutes relating to espionage, sabotage, neutrality, and atomic energy. It provides legal advice to U.S. Attorney's Offices and investigative agencies on all matters within its area of responsibility, which includes 88 federal statutes affecting national security. It also coordinates criminal cases involving the application of the Classified Information Procedures Act. In addition, the Section administers and enforces the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938 and related disclosure statutes.

Related Topics:

Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)
Export Enforcement Case Fact Sheet

FBI agents from the CES seem to be leading the investigation according to reporting.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Schumer says he’s going to bring the $35 insulin cap back up for a vote.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3594003-schumer-senate-will-vote-again-on-35-insulin-cap-after-gop-blocked-it/

Yes please! If they vote against then they are on the hook for blocking it twice. If they cave and vote for it, well a lot of diabetics benefit.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Schumer says he’s going to bring the $35 insulin cap back up for a vote.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3594003-schumer-senate-will-vote-again-on-35-insulin-cap-after-gop-blocked-it/

Yes please! If they vote against then they are on the hook for blocking it twice. If they cave and vote for it, well a lot of diabetics benefit.

A few of their Senators may also be less chap-assed when they haven't just been through 15 hours of a vote-a-rama.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(Unhinged Conservative Pundit Declares War On FBI Over Trump Raid)

Quote:
Steven Crowder swears to only vote for candidates that promise to defund intelligence agencies after the FBI raids Donald Trump’s home in Mar-A-Lago. The Majority Report crew discuss how Crowder seems to be a bit shaken up and how he had Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani on his show to talk about his first-hand experience with a raid. The MR crew also talks about how the Left has always been targeted by the FBI from the civil rights movement, the black panthers, anti-war protests, indigenous people, and Black Lives Matter.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(Unhinged Conservative Pundit Declares War On FBI Over Trump Raid)

Not since Roman Maroni. "IT'S FARGAIN WAR!"
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The "Lock her up!" and "But her emails!" party thinks a legal search warrant for stolen secret documents is cause to burn the whole republic to the ground. These people are wacked out to the max. And dangerous.

I don't recall any Rs (DT, espec) who felt bad for the young woman (actually named) Reality Winner. She did time for a minor breach. At least a couple years worth.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
I am looking forward to seeing how Trump explains how his handpicked FBI Director could do something like this to him though.

Not that it will matter to his base. The same people wanting Biden investigated by Trump's DOJ during the last election are now calling investigating your potential opponent tyranny. As we have learned at length, neither the purported issue nor the facts have any bearing on what they think.

And since T inconveniently chose Wray, he'll just not even bring that part up and continue to gaslight everyone that it was Dem-lead.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'm not saying I think he'll be charged with anything, I'm just pointing out crime number 1,040,681 he's committed in the last 6 years. It's impossible for him to receive punishment commensurate with his crimes because they are so voluminous. I just want him to pay at some point -- whether that's losing significant income, dying a gruesome death, not being able to run for office again, whatever. I've come to accept he will never spend a day in jail. But maybe they can make him suffer via having the law (criminal and civil) at least hanging over his head for the rest of his life so he never knows a moment of peace. Amen.

For example. Yesterday's "raid" in and of itself is a punishment of Trump.

1) He wasn't there and couldn't control anything and he's a control freak. He's also a germophobe so he would be upset that strangers were going through his things.

Reminds me of the FBI raid on Howard Hughes' mansion in The Aviator (2004). Howard was a germophobe w/ OCD and a control freak, etc.

However, Howard wasn't so legendarily narcissistic that his warped personality spared him from becoming a hermit in his room surrounded by bottles of his own urine. Trump's brain is so bizarre that I wonder if he experiences stress like 99.9% of the rest of us do. Fact that he can even continue to go out in public and continue his standard inventory of deflections, lies, cons, etc, makes me think he's largely impervious to anxiety and stress as it might affect you or me. Another example, even though Donald Sterling was old and feeble, the longer that his Magic and "V" scandal continued, the more discombobulated he sounded while trying to lash out at his accusers and Magic. By the end of it, it made the TV heads and Magic himself appear hesitant in continuing on with the back and forth because Sterling suddenly sounded like he was suffering a high degree of senility. I was convinced that the other dirty Don went bye-bye after that and being forced to sell his stake in the Clips. He was never seen nor heard from again and, today, probably doesn't have any faculties left.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

How long before he flies to Russia

All these nuts claiming a war on the FBI are paid shills trying to rile people up

Sadly Trump followers are the most dangerous idiots in America.
Worst part is the Trump Cancer is still in many high level departments in America. Trump is smart enough he tries to pick people as horrible as he is
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:47 pm    Post subject:

reply from different forum
Quote:
Remember Alex Jones said to his lawyer on a hot mic during court recess about the texts

“All of them? Even the ones to the senator?”

Senator Perry?

Couple pieces to add here
Quote:
https://twitter.com/VickerySec/status/1158455886509035520
Here it is.
This site is owned/run by a leading GOP digital operative. He runs systems on servers physically located in Russia, and advertised it.
Mitch McConnell is a client. Ben Carson is a client. Gingrich is a client. And many more.

Quote:

https://twitter.com/j2dumfounded/status/1158549864923291648
Republicans are using servers hosted in Russia, on Yandex, the Kremlin’s internet provider, for their email SO THAT THEIR CORRESPONDENCE CAN NOT BE ACCESSED BY US LAW ENFORCEMENT.

When will they come for Jared.. we know why he has been so quiet
Report: Jared Kushner’s $2 Billion Saudi Check Appears Even More Comically Corrupt Than Previously Thought
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/jared-kushner-affinity-partners-saudi-arabia
Quote:
Back in April, The New York Times reported that Jared Kushner’s four years of Saudi ass-kissing and murder-excusing had paid off in the form of a $2 billion investment from the kingdom‘s sovereign wealth fund to his newly formed private equity firm. That struck a lot of people—ethics officials among them—as pretty shady given that far from having impressed would-be clients with his investing prowess, the panel that performs due diligence for the Saudi fund concluded that no one in their right mind would give the former first son-in-law a dime. Among other concerns, the panel noted that management was “inexperience[d],” that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk,” that its fee seemed “excessive,” and that the firm’s operations were “unsatisfactory in all aspects.” Given those reservations, it warned that the country’s Public Investment Fund should stay far, far away from Kushner’s firm—a recommendation that was overturned by the fund’s board, which happens to be led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman,
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:35 pm    Post subject:

LMAO...

Richard Nixon Resigned on what day
August 8, 1974
Former President Trumps Mar a Lago residence was served a search warrant on
August 8, 2022

is this search the nail in Trumps re-election campaign? Can't run if under federal investigation with pending charges?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:27 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/792150505015377920

my underline...
Quote:
Mike Pence
@Mike_Pence
. _at_ realDonaldTrump
and I commend the FBI for reopening an investigation into Clinton's personal email server because no one is above the law.
5:46 PM · Oct 28, 2016 from Smithfield, NC·Twitter for iPhone
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I'm not saying I think he'll be charged with anything, I'm just pointing out crime number 1,040,681 he's committed in the last 6 years. It's impossible for him to receive punishment commensurate with his crimes because they are so voluminous. I just want him to pay at some point -- whether that's losing significant income, dying a gruesome death, not being able to run for office again, whatever. I've come to accept he will never spend a day in jail. But maybe they can make him suffer via having the law (criminal and civil) at least hanging over his head for the rest of his life so he never knows a moment of peace. Amen.

For example. Yesterday's "raid" in and of itself is a punishment of Trump.

1) He wasn't there and couldn't control anything and he's a control freak. He's also a germophobe so he would be upset that strangers were going through his things.

Reminds me of the FBI raid on Howard Hughes' mansion in The Aviator (2004). Howard was a germophobe w/ OCD and a control freak, etc.

However, Howard wasn't so legendarily narcissistic that his warped personality spared him from becoming a hermit in his room surrounded by bottles of his own urine. Trump's brain is so bizarre that I wonder if he experiences stress like 99.9% of the rest of us do. Fact that he can even continue to go out in public and continue his standard inventory of deflections, lies, cons, etc, makes me think he's largely impervious to anxiety and stress as it might affect you or me. Another example, even though Donald Sterling was old and feeble, the longer that his Magic and "V" scandal continued, the more discombobulated he sounded while trying to lash out at his accusers and Magic. By the end of it, it made the TV heads and Magic himself appear hesitant in continuing on with the back and forth because Sterling suddenly sounded like he was suffering a high degree of senility. I was convinced that the other dirty Don went bye-bye after that and being forced to sell his stake in the Clips. He was never seen nor heard from again and, today, probably doesn't have any faculties left.

I agree he appears to handle stress differently than the rest of us. I think it's partly because he doesn't appear to experience shame (except on some subconscious level) and he has a lot of money and yes-people around him to cater to his every need/demand. But here are some obvious indicators of stress and anxiety:

1) He snorts adderall habitually (used to do cocaine)
2) He won't be seen in public without a huge cover-up suit, an inch of orange pancake make-up, elaborate wig covering his bald head (the only exception is when he plays golf). He has fear/anxiety of people seeing the "real" him.
3) His continual rage and lashing out (throwing plates and ketchup at the wall of the executive dining room, multiple sexual assaults, raping his first wife).
4) Compulsive stealing.
5) The need to always blame others for his own shortcomings.
6) His obvious ADD is also about managing his anxiety.

He's a sociopath and malignant narcissist so he is definitely not normal. He has no conscience so has an his ability to lie constantly (also a stress relief for him).

Putting him under oath is excruciating for him because he has to be still (ADD), not lie (lol), focus on truth/facts (difficult for a habitual liar), forces him to admit facts that hurt his narrative about himself (I'm a successful businessman except oops, I have to cheat and grift to do it).

NY-AG takes his deposition today. My bet is tonight he will be eating lots of cheeseburgers, fried chicken and ice cream with a side order of adderall.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/792150505015377920

my underline...
Quote:
Mike Pence
@Mike_Pence
. AT realDonaldTrump
and I commend the FBI for reopening an investigation into Clinton's personal email server because no one is above the law.
5:46 PM · Oct 28, 2016 from Smithfield, NC·Twitter for iPhone

https://mobile.twitter.com/yarbro/status/1557136280785403904

Quote:
Q: So when did the DOJ start treating removal of classified documents like a felony anyway?
A: When President Trump signed a 2018 law making it a felony.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

CNN

(Fox boss privately levels harsh criticism against Trump, sources say)

Quote:
Fox News largely refrains from criticizing Donald Trump. But, in private, Lachlan Murdoch has denounced some of the former President's behavior in harsh terms. In private this year, the Fox Corp. chief executive has freely criticized Trump, saying that he disagrees with much of the way the former President behaves, according to a source.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject:

The new talking point from Trump world and the right-wing media:

The FBI planted evidence.

This is a huge tell. This confirms that whatever the FBI found, it's really bad. Why else would you need to preemptively claim incriminating "evidence" was planted?

It would be funny if it wasn't so criminal -- and dangerous. They are whipping up the Trumpsters to take violent action, just like 1/6.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

Orange wussy baby pleads the 5th in NY civil investigation

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-ny-investigation-testimony-a4e6264d44b194d24dfb916ffc7f51ca?taid=62f3c054dcbb3b0001b68f69
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

I'm still astounded that I live a country where 70-million of my fellow citizens literally worship a semi-literate, low-class, lying criminal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3358, 3359, 3360 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3359 of 3673
Jump to: