THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3329, 3330, 3331 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

The other thing we learned is that Trump's Secret Service code name was MOGUL.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Quote:
Donald Trump was not only in on the January 6th insurrection, he wanted to lead the insurrectionists to the Capitol, and when the Secret Service refused to drive him there, Trump tried to grab the wheel of the Presidential car ... this according to Mark Meadows' right hand aide, Cassidy Hutchinson.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/28/donald-trump-secret-secret-service-january-6-insurrection-riot/

Y'all....WTF??!!

Crazy thing is, we say “WTF?”, but I think it is safe to say none of are actually the least bit surprised.

It's one thing to know. It's another thing...to KNOW. It really went down like that.

And apparently the festivities continued at the crib. He was throwing dishes at everybody, flinging ketchup and other condiments all over the walls. He was CUTTING UP!! He went full blown 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.'

Yep! And those in his cult will applaud this news.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I am no lawyer, but today seemed serious.

Indeed, very serious. Unfortunately, even despite this information, I fear the lawyers who can do something about it will not.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Indeed, very serious. Unfortunately, even despite this information, I fear the lawyers who can do something about it will not.

Why.. not why do you and I both know it is true but why won''t they do what's right for humanity.. not just America

these violent people must be serving the needs of someone

Are all the justices bought and sold like Kavanaugh
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
The fact that 75 million voting people actually think this man is sane...I dunno.

And then you have think about the leaks that came from this man's inner circle all throughout his term. The workerbees in that White House been trying to sound the alarm on this dude from DAY ONE. 'America...you in danger girl! This man y'all done put up in here is CRAZY.'

The bottom line for most of these people (and many probably don’t consciously know it) is that the worst parts are the parts they like in him, a release of their own id. They don’t follow because they think it’s a lie, or even despite knowing the truth. They follow him because he is what he’s accused of. And you can’t reason with that.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Trying to look for the silver lining to this ugly week -- the election is a ways off but still this is good news, especially compared to just a month ago.

Quote:
Simon Rosenberg @SimonWDC

We now have 3 Congressional Generics since Roe ended:

NPR/Marist 48 Dem 41 R +7
Morning Consult 45 Dem 42 R +3
Yahoo/YouGov 45 Dem 38 R +7
and in this poll
"Pro-choice Dem" vs "Pro-life R" is 47-32.

It's a new election
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Why.. not why do you and I both know it is true but why won''t they do what's right for humanity.. not just America

these violent people must be serving the needs of someone

Are all the justices bought and sold like Kavanaugh

Because it’s all about preserving old-school, white male privilege of no accountability.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They might not touch Trump but they might feel fine going after everyone right below Trump.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
So Trump attempted to orchestrate a violent coup by his black shirts on 1/6, the Secret Service and military told him "no," and then Mike Pence became acting POTUS from 1/7 - 1/20?

His cabinet talked about doing the 25th Amendment after that but Pence wasn't on board. Trump just tried to get him killed and he was too scared to do anything about it. Cowards.

One of the most spineless losers in American politics, which is saying something. And all so Pence can finish eighth in a future GOP primary.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

If Trump runs in 2024 and is nominated I'll honestly be frightened. If he wins the nomination he just may win the Office. If he wins the Office carve a headstone for democracy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

They might not touch Trump but they might feel fine going after everyone right below Trump.

This is the most likely outcome.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The problem with that is that if you star prosecuting Trump's closest associates, then it becomes more apparent you are avoiding prosecuting Trump's himself for his obvious complicity. So I don't see them going after anyone meaningful for fear of opening that can of worms.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject:

So Trump et al knew the mob at the capitol was armed with guns and other weapons and they were fine with it. So Hero Ball can cease with the whole “they weren’t armed” nonsense.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

AKA: John Poindexter and Caspar Weinberger.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Trump Embraced Armed Rally Attendees; Sought To Join Them In March: Jan. 6 Hearing Witness)

Quote:
Rachel Maddow and an MSNBC panel discuss the most significant revelation of the sixth hearing in the January 6th investigation, that Donald Trump was encouraging of the idea of armed protesters marching on the Capitol and sought to join them.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject:

CNN

('Devastating': Woodward calls Jan. 6 testimony Trump's 'political obituary')

Quote:
Watergate journalist Bob Woodward tells CNN's Wolf Blitzer that he thinks testimony during the January 6 committee's investigation is enough to end former President Donald Trump's political career.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I know this will sound offensive to some, but what today's testimony said about what Trump did sounds like the kind of tantrum an autistic kid would throw. It goes beyond a tantrum a normal kid would throw even on a really bad day.

If you're a little kid and you do what Trump allegedly did - throwing food against the wall, trying to take the wheel of the limo and trying to choke a SS agent - your parents would probably take you in for a psych evaluation.

If only Trump could rot for the rest of his life in solitary in Attica or Sing Sing while eating his own feces out of insanity.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:46 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I know this will sound offensive to some, but what today's testimony said about what Trump did sounds like the kind of tantrum an autistic kid would throw. It goes beyond a tantrum a normal kid would throw even on a really bad day.

If you're a little kid and you do what Trump allegedly did - throwing food against the wall, trying to take the wheel of the limo and trying to choke a SS agent - your parents would probably take you in for a psych evaluation.

If only Trump could rot for the rest of his life in solitary in Attica or Sing Sing while eating his own feces out of insanity.

That’s not autistic behavior, that’s lack of impulse control.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:59 pm    Post subject:

The media is so desperate to proclaim heroes when they don't deserve it.

This woman witnessed the most lawless, corrupt, authoritarian, divisive administration, worked happily in it for years, somehow got promoted to senior positions just a few yards from the oval office at a young age (it helps to be white and attractive), witnessed an insurrection, and then only came out and told the truth as part of a fact finding commission many months later.

She did the right thing in the narrowest sense. It makes her just slightly better than all the other clowns that worked in the administration that have remained with Trump. Same with that MAGA Speaker of the House in Arizona.

I know the committee is limited in its scope, but I wish someone would just ask these people, "Why were you okay with all that madness for years?" etc.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:13 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Lack of impulse control seemingly caused by some kind of legitimate mental illness. And I'm not just talking about NPD.

Was Trump this insane back in the 1980s and 1990s?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:21 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Lack of impulse control seemingly caused by some kind of legitimate mental illness. And I'm not just talking about NPD.

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Now, he may have been a monster behind closed doors, though. As CL pointed out, I believe, his own wife accused him of raping her. But I have seen old clips of him in interviews in the 80's, and he wasn't close to as bombastic or over-the-top with his rhetoric, and he seemed to speak in a more measured tone. Arrogant and unscrupulous? Sure. And maybe I'm wrong and someone who is a bit older than me and is perhaps more familiar with him (maybe someone who lived in New York) could talk more about his public persona.

Also, and I wish I could say I can't believe this but I can, Trump is listed as the favorite to win the '24 presidential election on betting sites. DeSantis is currently the second choice, followed by Biden. Even if Trump is not prosecuted as a result of all of this, it would still be meaningful if he can no longer hold public office. But I'll believe it when I see it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:09 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Now, he may have been a monster behind closed doors, though. As CL pointed out, I believe, his own wife accused him of raping her. But I have seen old clips of him in interviews in the 80's, and he wasn't close to as bombastic or over-the-top with his rhetoric, and he seemed to speak in a more measured tone. Arrogant and unscrupulous? Sure. And maybe I'm wrong and someone who is a bit older than me and is perhaps more familiar with him (maybe someone who lived in New York) could talk more about his public persona.

Also, and I wish I could say I can't believe this but I can, Trump is listed as the favorite to win the '24 presidential election on betting sites. DeSantis is currently the second choice, followed by Biden. Even if Trump is not prosecuted as a result of all of this, it would still be meaningful if he can no longer hold public office. But I'll believe it when I see it.

His public persona was less unhinged in the 80's and 90's. He has obviously cognitively declined and sounds much less lucid/articulate than interviews from the 80s/90s.

But Trump was exactly like this as a child, and as a teenager, and as a young man, and as an adult.

There are stories of his temper tantrums as a child, hitting other children, terrorizing neighborhood kids, etc. There was a story of him physically assaulting one of his teachers. He was so out of control his parents sent him away to military school. Where there were more stories of him getting into fist fights, etc.

There are also stories of him physically abusing his sons. There was a story about him going to pick up one of the sons from college to go to lunch and he was upset the kid was dressed in jeans instead of a suit. He slapped him around in front of his roommates.

There are 20+ some sexual abuse accusers, including a 13-year old girl who said he raped her, his wife who said he raped her and E. Jean Carroll who said he raped her.

There are stories from the set of the Apprentice about him throwing fits, raging and screaming, throwing things, etc. But the producers obviously and intentionally put forth a quite different persona.

Trump has shown signs of extreme violence, sociopathy, narcissism and impulse control his entire life. He is truly the worst of humanity.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:28 am    Post subject:

This is the tip of the iceberg about what's been written about Trump's childhood. Basically he had an authoritarian sociopath for a father and mother who was ill and not emotionally available to provide motherly love and nurturing. Together they created a monster. Fred Trump was also a racist, associated with the KKK and believed the white race and especially their family had superior genes.

PBS: Trump the ‘Bully’: How Childhood & Military School Shaped the Future President

Quote:
From a very young age, Donald Trump was taught there were only two kinds of people in this world: winners — or “killers” — and losers.

It was a lesson imparted by his father, Fred, a stern and demanding real estate developer. Donald was determined to end up a “killer.”

“I strongly suspect that he had a relationship with his father that accounts for a lot of what he became,” Tony Schwartz, who co-authored The Art of the Deal with Trump, tells FRONTLINE. “And his father was a very brutal guy. He was a tough, hard-driving guy who had very, very little emotional intelligence, to use today’s terms.”

Fred Trump decided to send Donald at age 13 to military school, where the lessons in how to dominate would reach another level.

“He talks about it as almost this, you know, rite of passage,” says Trump biographer Timothy O’Brien, author of TrumpNation. “He said to me that when he arrived at the military academy, for the first time in his life, someone slapped him in the face when he got out of line.”

Quote:
“Donald Trump yelled at his classmates,” says Trump biographer Marc Fisher, co-author of Trump Revealed. “He pushed them around. … He ruled dormitory life with an iron fist.”

“All of us were part of this culture of you beat on kids when they didn’t do the right thing,” says Trump’s former military school classmate Sandy McIntosh.

Echoes another classmate, Harry Falber: “You got hit. You may have gotten slammed against the wall.”

Trump would emerge from military school with a blueprint for leadership by force and ridicule.

Quote:
Donald Trump’s relationship with his mother, Mary, was formative in a different way. She had become seriously ill for a time when Trump was two-and-a-half years old.

“Donald, who was at a very, very critical point in his development as a child, was essentially abandoned by her,”
Mary Trump, Trump’s niece, a psychologist and the author of Too Much and Never Enough, tells FRONTLINE.

“When you ask him about how she showed her love, he has nothing to say,” Marc Fisher says.

ABC: President Trump's 'dysfunctional' upbringing created 'dangerous situation' for America, niece claims

Quote:
President Donald Trump grew up in a "dysfunctional" family that believed “money stood in” for acts of love and one whose patriarch used his own kin as "pawns" -- creating a “quite dangerous situation” for America decades later, the commander-in-chief’s niece warned in an exclusive interview with ABC News.

“He is utterly incapable of leading this country, and it’s dangerous to allow him to do so,” Mary Trump told ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos.

She said “it’s impossible to know who Donald might have been” had he been born into a different family, but his father, Fred Trump, was a “sociopath” who pushed his children to “succeed at all costs,” to view people as “expendable,” and to “do anything to get attention, financial rewards, and to ‘win.’”
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:44 am    Post subject:

Donald Trump is the product of abuse and neglect. His story is common, even for the powerful and wealthy.

Quote:
A baby is born into a family where he’s ignored by his father. When he does receive his father’s attention, his father constantly yells at, criticizes or punishes him. For the first two years of his life, this child’s mother is perfunctorily attentive, but not loving, and then abandons him for a year. From the time he was born until he is an adult, he witnesses his father abuse his older brother by terrorizing him verbally. This leads to his older brother becoming an alcoholic and dying at the age of 42. He sees his parents engaged in an emotionally neglectful, if not emotionally abusive, marriage.

This is the story of the early years of President Donald J. Trump
, according to the captivating book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man.” The book was written by the president’s niece, Mary L. Trump, the daughter of Donald Trump’s older brother. It bursts open the doors to understanding why Donald Trump behaves the way he does. It is also is a cautionary tale for how we decide who becomes a leader, whether that leader is a president, CEO, judge or school superintendent.

In Mary Trump’s words: “Child abuse is, in some sense, the experience of ‘too much’ or ‘not enough.’ Donald directly experienced the ‘not enough’ in the loss of connection to his mother at a crucial developmental stage, which was deeply traumatic. Without warning, his needs weren’t being met, and his fears and longings went unsoothed. Having been abandoned by his mother for at least a year, and having his father fail not only to meet his needs but to make him feel safe or loved, valued or mirrored, Donald suffered deprivations that would scar him for life.”

Anyone who knows about the science of adverse childhood experiences has suspected all along thatcritical aspects of the president’s formative years contributed to his behavior today.

Mary describes Fred Trump, Donald Trump’s father, as a “high-functioning sociopath.”

“In order to cope,” writes Mary, “Donald began to develop powerful but primitive defenses, marked by an increasing hostility to others and a seeming indifference to his mother’s absence and father’s neglect….In place of [his emotional needs] grew a kind of grievance and behaviors—including bullying, disrespect, and aggressiveness—that served their purpose in the moment but became more problematic over time. With appropriate care and attention, they might have been overcome.”

But Donald Trump had practically no positive childhood experiences that could buffer the abuse he endured. “Unfortunately, for Donald and everybody else on this planet,” writes Mary Trump, who has a Ph.D. in psychology, “those behaviors hardened into personality traits…”

Donald Trump didn’t have a chance. The only thing that kept him from ending up as a small-time crook with a prison record is money, and lots of it.

Most people think of child abuse as sexual abuse or the physical abuse of being beaten. But the science of adverse childhood experiences found that other types of childhood abuse—experiencing emotional abuse, emotional neglect, living with a parent who’s addicted to alcohol or other drugs or is mentally ill, having a relative who’s incarcerated or witnessing a mother being abused, witnessing a sibling being abused, bullying, racism and other traumatic experiences—can do just as much damage. That’s because the brain itself can’t distinguish between types of trauma. It’s all just trauma that a child’s brain has to adapt to in order to survive. For example, when a father’s only interactions with a child are to suddenly rage without warning, the stress hormones in the child’s brain trigger a kid to flee for his life, fight or freeze in fear. And if that kid has to protect himself from that father every day, eventually that kid’s brain is altered.

Science is very clear that babies need two important types of positive experiences to lay a solid foundation for a healthy life, notes Mary Trump. One is physical and emotional closeness: “Being held and comforted, having our feelings acknowledged and our upsets soothed are all critical for the healthy development of young children.”

The second is mirroring, “the process through which an attuned parent reflects, processes, and then gives back to the baby the baby’s own feelings,” she writes. “Without mirroring, children are denied crucial information both about how their minds work and about how to understand the world. Just as a secure attachment to a primary caregiver can lead to higher levels of emotional intelligence, mirroring is the root of empathy.”
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:35 am    Post subject:

Hillary Clinton, who has known Clarence Thomas since law school, says he is a person of 'resentment, grievance, anger'

Quote:
"I went to law school with [Justice Thomas]. He’s been a person of grievance for as long as I have known him — resentment, grievance, anger … Women are going to die, Gayle. Women will die.”

Quote:
"He may be on his own, but he's signaling," Clinton said of Thomas. "He has signaled in the past to lower courts, to state legislatures, to find cases, pass laws, get them up," she added.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-who-has-known-clarence-thomas-since-law-school-says-he-is-a-person-of-resentment-grievance-anger/ar-AAYYQsp?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=ed3ca8a13a0648a6aa6e7117a2f73a85
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3329, 3330, 3331 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3330 of 3663
Jump to: