THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3290, 3291, 3292 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

Rewrite the electoral map and get rid of these clown Klan states. (bleep) sake

Marginalize them until they reach 2022 standards of living.. not 22AD
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

David Pakman Show

(Ron DeSantis Furious About "Chake Qay-Varra" (Che Guevara))

Quote:
-Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is furious that some young people wear Che Guevara t-shirts
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen

NEW: Manchin is a NO on the Womens Health Protection Act, the bill codifying Roe, per @mkraju.

As always, (bleep) Joe Manchin.

Why is he actually still in the party?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

Senate unanimously passed a bill to provide more security to Supreme Court justices families, but the bill to codify Roe will fail to reach even 50 votes. These old (bleep) have never been more out of touch with the country and I hope they’re severely punished for it.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Fetterman: After His First Senate Loss, 'We’re One Of The Most Well-Resourced Campaigns')

Quote:
Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman says the "only" change between his past campaigns and his current senate bid is that he's "been getting our message out."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen

NEW: Manchin is a NO on the Womens Health Protection Act, the bill codifying Roe, per @mkraju.

As always, (bleep) Joe Manchin.

Why is he actually still in the party?

1. He votes yes on some democratic bills
2. His replacement would vote no on everything.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

My concern is that he is producing long lasting problems for the Democratic party that outweigh the few ways he helps pass bills.

I see both sides of the argument.

Hey without him, we don't have the 1st black female SC justice.

On the other side of things, he's making the party (and as a result the country) look impotent. Which will hurt in election efforts 2022 and beyond. The effects of it could easily last through multiple election cycles.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject:

In addition to voting for some bills, he has voted for every single judicial appointment by Biden, and so has Sinema.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
In addition to voting for some bills, he has voted for every single judicial appointment by Biden, and so has Sinema.

I get that. And that's a concrete thing we can point at.

As opposed to the long term effects of a Democratic Congress and WH floundering to pass bills in a crucial time.

For every nomination, there is Manchin/Sinema opposition to expanding the court.

To every 1/2 step forward legislatively there is the giant staircase of bills that need to be passed through a filibuster-less Senate.

The House passed something that could solve this SC ruling overturning Roe v. Wade. But it died in the Senate. Because ... well you know.

Just look a page or 2 back in this thread. Where someone is pissed this is happening under a united Dem Congress and WH. We can shout logic at people (myself included). But this impotency is causing and will continue to cause consequences.

They are helping us in ways a registered Republican never could. But at the same time.

They are hurting us in ways a registered Republican never could.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

My concern is that he is producing long lasting problems for the Democratic party that outweigh the few ways he helps pass bills.

I see both sides of the argument.

Hey without him, we don't have the 1st black female SC justice.

On the other side of things, he's making the party (and as a result the country) look impotent. Which will hurt in election efforts 2022 and beyond. The effects of it could easily last through multiple election cycles.

Think what the party would look like with 49 senators and McConnell as majority leader.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just look a page or 2 back in this thread. Where someone is pissed this is happening under a united Dem Congress and WH. We can shout logic at people (myself included). But this impotency is causing and will continue to cause consequences.

If you're referring to g w kush's comments, those were clearly a misdirect to blame the party for the malfeasance of two rouge representatives who are cow-towing to their constituents who lean right.

The problem is not the Democrat Party. It's two members who who have bastardized their status as Dems to appease their rightwing constituents for fear of being primaried.

If we continue to appease and excuse that attitude, we are screwed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Senate unanimously passed a bill to provide more security to Supreme Court justices families, but the bill to codify Roe will fail to reach even 50 votes. These old (bleep) have never been more out of touch with the country and I hope they’re severely punished for it.

Notorious RBG was great n all, but why was she so adamant at that stage of her life to test fate for 4 years of a Trump Admin is a puzzler given the consequences of not making it. She would've known better than any of us what would happen if she didn't make it, which is why her posthumous wishes were literary equivalents of football bats. Useless in every essence of their being, not even as purposeful as toilet tissue. I know she was a trailblazer and I salute her, but you couldn't have hung up the gown in 2015, Ruth? We potentially have decades of this garbage because she wanted her last years in there while...(sigh) wishing... that things would be OK if she didn't make it to 2021. Liberals wish, Trumpers and Republicons lie/cheat/steal/TAKE.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Rep. Katie Porter Goes After Trump, Uncovering Potential Bribery Scheme)

Quote:
For the first time in history, the House Natural Resources Committee made a criminal referral with the Justice Department. That’s after a three-year investigation by Democrats revealing evidence of possible donations to the Trump campaign in exchange for federal government approval of Arizona real estate deals. Calling this “egregious,” Rep. Katie Porter tells MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell, this shows the importance of Congress “reestablishing the rule of law and the expectation that administration officials are going to follow it.”
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I get that. And that's a concrete thing we can point at.

As opposed to the long term effects of a Democratic Congress and WH floundering to pass bills in a crucial time.

For every nomination, there is Manchin/Sinema opposition to expanding the court.

To every 1/2 step forward legislatively there is the giant staircase of bills that need to be passed through a filibuster-less Senate.

The House passed something that could solve this SC ruling overturning Roe v. Wade. But it died in the Senate. Because ... well you know.

They are helping us in ways a registered Republican never could. But at the same time.

They are hurting us in ways a registered Republican never could.

The only solution to that is for us to gain one or (ideally) two seats in the Senate so that Manchin and Sinema won't matter.

That means Dems need to relentlessly run attack ads connecting Republicans to getting rid of women's rights, raising taxes on the working poor (Rick Scott) and essentially ending free democratic elections, while also touting the fact that Dems have gotten unemployment to an extremely low numbers many years earlier than expected while really cutting into the federal budget deficit.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:10 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Notorious RBG was great n all, but why was she so adamant at that stage of her life to test fate for 4 years of a Trump Admin is a puzzler given the consequences of not making it. She would've known better than any of us what would happen if she didn't make it, which is why her posthumous wishes were literary equivalents of football bats. Useless in every essence of their being, not even as purposeful as toilet tissue. I know she was a trailblazer and I salute her, but you couldn't have hung up the gown in 2015, Ruth? We potentially have decades of this garbage because she wanted her last years in there while...(sigh) wishing... that things would be OK if she didn't make it to 2021. Liberals wish, Trumpers and Republicons lie/cheat/steal/TAKE.

Nobody thought Hillary could lose and I could see RBG wanting to do it under the first woman POTUS. I don't think it was malicious intent in RBG's part, just bad miscalculation
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I don't think it was malicious intent in RBG's part, just bad miscalculation

Even if it was just a miscalculation, Demz are suffering for it, now . . . and badly.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Nobody thought Hillary could lose and I could see RBG wanting to do it under the first woman POTUS. I don't think it was malicious intent in RBG's part, just bad miscalculation

That was part of it but the dems lost the senate before that, so her choice needed to be made before 2014 when the Obama people pleaded with her that the senate was going to fall to the GOP.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject:

The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(LET THEM FIGHT: Dinesh D'Souza Feuds With Tucker Carlson)

Quote:
Dinesh D'Souza lays into Tucker Carlson and his executive producer Justin Wells for attempting to use his content without proper attribution, and never had him on the show to promote it either: "This kind of abusive, strong-arming conduct is inexcusable. I'm hurt about it, i'm angry about it."
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject:

David Pakman Show

(Confidence in Trump-Filled Supreme Court COLLAPSES)

Quote:
--National confidence in the Trump-filled Supreme Court has collapsed
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

That was part of it but the dems lost the senate before that, so her choice needed to be made before 2014 when the Obama people pleaded with her that the senate was going to fall to the GOP.

RBG was like Feinstein . . . just didn't want to give it up.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

When is Merrick Garland going to arrest Ginnie Thomas

Rallying Americans to murder Mike Pence or Pelosi or smear (bleep) on the walls of the US Capitol.

Has Clarence been forced to do favors for MAGA?

Thomas should have to recuse himself from the court if we can find any links between him and 1/6
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

CNN

(How overturning Roe v. Wade could be a problem for Republicans)

Quote:
Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves gave unclear answers when asked recently about the possibility of banning some forms of contraception in his state. In today’s episode of The Point, CNN’s Chris Cillizza explains why Republicans are tip-toeing around the issue now that the Supreme Court may overturn Roe v. Wade.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Rallying Americans to murder Mike Pence or Pelosi or smear (bleep) on the walls of the US Capitol.

Thomas should have to recuse himself from the court if we can find any links between him and 1/6

Garland is a traditionalist. That was the rub on him and the fear many talked about knowing what was handed to him in regard to post-trump. Going after his own is not something he would easily do even when its clear it should be. That also was mentioned before he took his post.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Garland is a traditionalist. That was the rub on him and the fear many talked about knowing what was handed to him in regard to post-trump. Going after his own is not something he would easily do even when its clear it should be. That also was mentioned before he took his post.

So basically A Traitor to the Rule of Law.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

So basically A Traitor to the Rule of Law.

Muller had evidence to indict trump during his presidency IIRC but they didn't even though there is nothing written that they couldn't.

Its politics. If biden had his barr it would be gloriously nuclear.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3290, 3291, 3292 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next
Page 3291 of 3674
Jump to: