THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3217, 3218, 3219 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

^Why are you saying I'm blaming Biden. When I said in my post

Quote:
I agree Biden is doing the best he can.

I agree it's not Biden's fault.

We are truly talking past one another.

I'm sure that is my fault as much as it is yours.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Quote:

Maybe it's the part where you keep insisting Biden needs to "motivate" voters even though he has done what he can to do so? Maybe that's not what you mean, but that's what you keep saying . . . at least that's my take away from the discussion . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

Maybe it's the part where you keep insisting Biden needs to "motivate" voters even though he has done what he can to do so? Maybe that's not what you mean, but that's what you keep saying . . . at least that's my take away from the discussion . . .

Quote:
we aren't doing enough to motivate people, heck even give people the ability, to vote.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not CNN or MSNBC. (who I complained about)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
National approval ratings used to matter when you could rely on voters to vote based on their approval or disapproval of the federal government/President. However, because politics have become so regional/local, national approval numbers now mean squat when it comes to how Congress will vote.

Even in the presidential election, national approval numbers aren't the end all. Trump had historically low approval numbers, yet almost won re-election. Thank the purple states and the electoral college. Even if approval numbers for Biden are low in heavily populated states, those are likely the states Biden would either win or lose regardless of his national approval numbers. States like Florida and Texas are still red states who are going republican regardless, while states like California and New York are still blue states that are going dem regardless. Only approval numbers that matter are those in the purple/swing states. Just like with the Senate, those are who the candidates will also cater too.

One comment on Sinema. Watch her go all voting rights and progressive again as soon as its clear that her vote on such things wouldn't make a difference. She and Manchin are everything wrong with politicians. Usually you find those solely on the right, but the left clearly still has a few of their own as well.

I'm with you. But what are your thoughts on Governor races in New Jersey and Virgnia in 2021. Both were disappointing compared to the 2020 results in both states.

Virginia was disheartening, but that win by the incumbent democrat in NJ bucked decades of precedent, so while the margin wasn’t as big, it was certainly bigger than the previous reelection campaigns.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
we aren't doing enough to motivate people, heck even give people the ability, to vote.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not CNN or MSNBC. (who I complained about)

Talk about

Who is this "we" you talk about? Especially when you invoke the left leaning media as part of it. In 2016 they were completely counting Trump out, especially after the "grab 'em by the (bleep)" tape. Guess who won . . .

You want to blame CNN and MSNBC for what may happen, go right ahead, but that has nothing to do with whatever you mean by "we" or the Dems.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

This is kind of late, but watched a Frontline ep on Biden's life and career. It's on their YT in full. Since I don't go back to the 60s, it did a good job mining old footage and background info. The kind of thing news sources can't or won't really bother showing beyond a certain timeframe. They have to truncate a career that long to the most salacious sh they can find, you see.

His wife's car was mmpf. Never saw that pic before. The boys were lucky to survive that one. The clip and story of him consoling the families of the two cops in NY that were killed in an ambush was interesting. The father of the Chinese-American cop who was killed was so grateful that Biden met with him that he came to a memorial for Beau Biden later. Sadly, one of Joe's best abilities is to be a good "consoler" and one whose own losses lend him great credibility on the matter.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

Biden is a good man and a good president.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

I agree. We need to do more as a party. But I agree.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

I'm hoping this negative talk about Biden and the country's future will result in a failed GOP strategy (to manipulate Demz into voting apathy).
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

You're one of the 33%ers, too.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I'm hoping this negative talk about Biden and the country's future will result in a failed GOP strategy (to manipulate Demz into voting apathy).

A lot can change between now and November
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
This is kind of late, but watched a Frontline ep on Biden's life and career.

His wife's car was mmpf. Never saw that pic before. The boys were lucky to survive that one.

Adding to that, he lost his wife and daughter right before he was to assume office as a Senator. Franklin Pierce, #14, had a similar tragedy right before assuming office and it largely broke both him and his wife. Both depressive personalities and Pierce was assumed to be heavy into drink and probably was for a long time. It cast an immediate pall over his Presidency. You'd expect that to be the more common result of such a loss, so Biden showed a great deal of strength and perseverance for his remaining children simply to trudge onward.

Pierce began his presidency in mourning. Weeks after his election, on January 6, 1853, the President-elect's family had been traveling from Boston by train when their car derailed and rolled down an embankment near Andover, Massachusetts. Both Franklin and Jane Pierce survived, but in the wreckage their only remaining son, 11-year-old Benjamin, was crushed to death, his body nearly decapitated. Pierce was not able to hide the gruesome sight from his wife. They both suffered severe depression afterward, which likely affected Pierce's performance as president.[89][90] Jane Pierce wondered if the train accident was divine punishment for her husband's pursuit and acceptance of high office. She wrote a lengthy letter of apology to "Benny" for her failings as a mother.[89] She avoided social functions for much of her first two years as First Lady, making her public debut in that role to great sympathy at the annual public reception held at the White House on New Year's Day, 1855.[91]

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

We’ve reached a point where if a president doesn’t instantly and completely fulfill all my desires while not actually doing anything it would take to do so, and simultaneously doesn’t excite me theatrically every five minutes, and is also not able to navigate complex issues like getting out of Afghanistan while also not leaving, he’s crap. I say he, because clearly, even the most competent of women, matched up against the ugliest boob of a narcissistic lying freak show we can envision, is grounds to stay home or vote third party.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
We’ve reached a point where if a president doesn’t instantly and completely fulfill all my desires while not actually doing anything it would take to do so, and simultaneously doesn’t excite me theatrically every five minutes, and is also not able to navigate complex issues like getting out of Afghanistan while also not leaving, he’s crap. I say he, because clearly, even the most competent of women, matched up against the ugliest boob of a narcissistic lying freak show we can envision, is grounds to stay home

You might want to rethink the bold green. I don't think there are good grounds to do that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

^^^^^

Who wants to tell him guys?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
^^^^^

Who wants to tell him guys?

Tell him what?

Whoosh?!

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Compared to that 4 years of Trump. Biden is heavenly. As frustrating as Manchin and Sinema are. This may be as good as it gets for a while. Im definitely not taking it for granted.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
We’ve reached a point where if a president doesn’t instantly and completely fulfill all my desires while not actually doing anything it would take to do so, and simultaneously doesn’t excite me theatrically every five minutes, and is also not able to navigate complex issues like getting out of Afghanistan while also not leaving, he’s crap. I say he, because clearly, even the most competent of women, matched up against the ugliest boob of a narcissistic lying freak show we can envision, is grounds to stay home

You might want to rethink the bold green. I don't think there are good grounds to do that.

Uh, that’s exactly the point I’m making. I’m just saying we’ve reached a point where a ton of people seem to feel entitled to get everything they want or pout and stay home. And they are all part of disparate groups that want different things, so there’s no way to make them all happy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Uh, that’s exactly the point I’m making. I’m just saying we’ve reached a point where a ton of people seem to feel entitled to get everything they want or pout and stay home. And they are all part of disparate groups that want different things, so there’s no way to make them all happy.

Now I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
House Jan 6 Committee has subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Boris Epshteyn, Jenna Ellis

Chairman says they "advanced unsupported theories about election fraud, pushed efforts to overturn the election results, or were in direct contact w/ the former President..."

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1483565674807140357
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
House Jan 6 Committee has subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Boris Epshteyn, Jenna Ellis

Chairman says they "advanced unsupported theories about election fraud, pushed efforts to overturn the election results, or were in direct contact w/ the former President..."

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1483565674807140357

Feels like if this was a deck of cards like they had in the gulf war, we're now getting into the face cards.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
COVID-19 is killing Trump supporters by the hundreds each day

Former New York Times journalist Donald G. McNeil Jr. wrote an article on Medium that stated what everyone with an ounce of intelligence already knows, but wouldn’t dare put in print: Not only is Donald Trump losing hundreds of voters each day to COVID-19, their deaths are already surpassing the margins the GOP can possibly hope to attain in the swing states. Maybe it seems ghoulish to post the political ramifications to a human life, to which I reply that Democrats aren’t the ones killing these people—their own right-wing disinformation machine is. Hell, we are trying to save them despite the political ramifications.

Trumpists simply don’t believe in wearing masks, or social distancing, and are so anti-vaxx that they won’t even listen to Trump himself as he tries to tout the vaccines. GOP leaders are also undermining public health directives aimed at protecting their own people. Trump did have a change of heart about promoting the vaccines only because someone impressed upon him that the deaths are his voters. He really needs as many as possible in 2024, but it’s too late—and it’s getting worse.

Multiple studies from the AP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and even Texas’ health services have shown that the deaths are almost entirely among the unvaccinated, and most of these individuals identify as Republican. The profile of a typical COVID-19 victim is now an older unvaccinated person who is obese and lives in a rural area, far from a hospital. In other words, lots of common ground with a Trumper. Obviously, this has already had a major political impact.

McNeil did the math:

Quote:
As of this week, about 1,800 Americans a day are dying of Covid; the C.D.C. expects that number to rise above 2,600. Virtually all are adults. If 95 percent were unvaccinated and we assume that 75 percent of those were Trump supporters, that’s 1,300 to 1,900 of his voters being subtracted from the rolls every single day.

Donald Trump lost Arizona by a mere 10,000 votes. He lost Georgia by 12,000, He lost Wisconsin by 21,000. He lost Nevada by 33,000. Right now, about 60 Arizonans, 36 Georgians, 34 Wisconsinites and 14 Nevadans are dying of Covid each day. Seventy five percent of 95 percent of that would be minus 103 Trump voters per day — just in those four swing states. Week after week. That adds up.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1/15/2074895/-Journalist-states-the-obvious-COVID-is-killing-Trump-supporters-by-the-hundreds-each-day

https://donaldgmcneiljr1954.medium.com/trump-backs-boosters-clearly-someone-did-the-math-for-him-153a2ff62718
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
COVID-19 is killing Trump supporters by the hundreds each day

Former New York Times journalist Donald G. McNeil Jr. wrote an article on Medium that stated what everyone with an ounce of intelligence already knows, but wouldn’t dare put in print: Not only is Donald Trump losing hundreds of voters each day to COVID-19, their deaths are already surpassing the margins the GOP can possibly hope to attain in the swing states. Maybe it seems ghoulish to post the political ramifications to a human life, to which I reply that Democrats aren’t the ones killing these people—their own right-wing disinformation machine is. Hell, we are trying to save them despite the political ramifications.

Trumpists simply don’t believe in wearing masks, or social distancing, and are so anti-vaxx that they won’t even listen to Trump himself as he tries to tout the vaccines. GOP leaders are also undermining public health directives aimed at protecting their own people. Trump did have a change of heart about promoting the vaccines only because someone impressed upon him that the deaths are his voters. He really needs as many as possible in 2024, but it’s too late—and it’s getting worse.

Multiple studies from the AP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and even Texas’ health services have shown that the deaths are almost entirely among the unvaccinated, and most of these individuals identify as Republican. The profile of a typical COVID-19 victim is now an older unvaccinated person who is obese and lives in a rural area, far from a hospital. In other words, lots of common ground with a Trumper. Obviously, this has already had a major political impact.

McNeil did the math:

Quote:
As of this week, about 1,800 Americans a day are dying of Covid; the C.D.C. expects that number to rise above 2,600. Virtually all are adults. If 95 percent were unvaccinated and we assume that 75 percent of those were Trump supporters, that’s 1,300 to 1,900 of his voters being subtracted from the rolls every single day.

Donald Trump lost Arizona by a mere 10,000 votes. He lost Georgia by 12,000, He lost Wisconsin by 21,000. He lost Nevada by 33,000. Right now, about 60 Arizonans, 36 Georgians, 34 Wisconsinites and 14 Nevadans are dying of Covid each day. Seventy five percent of 95 percent of that would be minus 103 Trump voters per day — just in those four swing states. Week after week. That adds up.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1/15/2074895/-Journalist-states-the-obvious-COVID-is-killing-Trump-supporters-by-the-hundreds-each-day

https://donaldgmcneiljr1954.medium.com/trump-backs-boosters-clearly-someone-did-the-math-for-him-153a2ff62718

Making libtards cry . . . tears of pleasure.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I knew when Trump started publicly being "pro-vaccine" that his motive was selfish - because he realized it was killing mostly his voters.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I knew when Trump started publicly being "pro-vaccine" that his motive was selfish - because he realized it was killing mostly his voters.

Yeah, it's what immediately went to my mind.

So maybe he's already lost 36K advantage or so from swing states already? By the time the election rolls around who knows how many? Better start working on those dead voter schemes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3217, 3218, 3219 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3218 of 3673
Jump to: