THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3175, 3176, 3177 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
What weed is Chris Cuomo smoking on CNN?

He described Biden as being on the far left. His bill is far left because it's 3.5 trillion (over 10 years, something drama queens conveniently leave out). Bernie and the progressive caucus wanted 6 trillion. Biden's 3.5 trillion bill isn't "far left".

Biden has been a moderate Democrat longer than I've been alive. But more importantly. Since when is the party leader. The President in a united executive and legislative branch. NOT the center of the party? Just because progressives agreed to this bill, doesn't make this bill "far left". Just because Biden wants to pass this legislation to help Americans. That doesn't make it "far left".

Biden has been a moderate Democrat his entire career. The moderate Democrat has moved left as the median Democratic Party voter has moved left.

The mainstream media has no concept of what leftist progressives really advocate for and think Manchin is a moderate Dem when he's really a conservative Democrat because most of them like Republicans and think Republicans being in charge of the country is more interesting and better for their bank accounts.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

I am very concerned about 2024 election interference in swing states, and it needs to be addressed, but it's a lot harder to pull off an autogolpe without being in power.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I’ve been hard on progressives at times, but with Bernie in the senate and my rep (Jayapal) steering the progressive caucus, they have made great strides with the mainstream liberals and even a fair number of moderates. Gotten a lot of legislation through the house and supported by the whitehouse. But these conservative Dems are just a killer.

I broadly like what she's doing, but this kind of disinfo from these folks is always so pointlessly stupid: https://twitter.com/PramilaJayapal/status/1441045442901340164
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I’ve been hard on progressives at times, but with Bernie in the senate and my rep (Jayapal) steering the progressive caucus, they have made great strides with the mainstream liberals and even a fair number of moderates. Gotten a lot of legislation through the house and supported by the whitehouse. But these conservative Dems are just a killer.

I broadly like what she's doing, but this kind of disinfo from these folks is always so pointlessly stupid: https://twitter.com/PramilaJayapal/status/1441045442901340164

Fair point. She is considerably off on the first two points.

But I can't argue with the third.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Jan. 6 select committee has issued subpoenas to four current and former top Trump aides: Mark Meadows, Kash Patel, Steve Bannon, and Dan Scavino.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1441184591461507075
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Can't see the tweet cause it's now deleted.
But real talk, all I care about is how people vote. Everything else is a far 2nd.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard Joins The Forever War Machine On Tucker's Fox News Show

In case anybody has 10 minutes to spare to review what we all said over a year ago.
If it walks like a Fox News plant, and talks like a Fox News plant. You are a Fox News plant.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

But real talk, all I care about is how people vote. Everything else is a far 2nd.

It said something to the effect of:

America has almost one third of the world's billionaires.

It also has the 4th worst poverty rate in the world.

Tax the rich.

The US has just less than 1/4 of them, and is nowhere near the 4th worst poverty rate. Not even in the top 10.

I agree about the "how they vote" thing. But it doesn't help the cause when people in her position talk out their ass in an effort to overemphasize a point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Tax the rich.

The US has just less than 1/4 of them, and is nowhere near the 4th worst poverty rate. Not even in the top 10.

I agree about the "how they vote" thing. But it doesn't help the cause when people in her position talk out their ass in an effort to overemphasize a point.

Sounds like we both agree.
How you vote >>>>>> how you tweet.

I could probably look up the links about Manchin and Sinema lying to Biden in face to face meetings in the WH and then leaking opposition to Biden’s bill in Axios or by speech quotes to rich conservative donors. And then compare it to an already deleted tweet by Jayapal.

But that’s a waste of energy.

How you vote is what people need to focus on. Period. Everything else is peanuts.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The time for platitudes is not right now. We have a 2 year window to get stuff done before the GOP takes back either the House or Senate.

Now is the time to put up or shut up.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

The third point is so wrong her interns deleted the tweet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Tax the rich.

Sounds like we both agree.
How you vote >>>>>> how you tweet.

I could probably look up the links about Manchin and Sinema lying to Biden in face to face meetings in the WH and then leaking opposition to Biden’s bill in Axios or by speech quotes to rich conservative donors. And then compare it to an already deleted tweet by Jayapal.

But that’s a waste of energy.

How you vote is what people need to focus on. Period. Everything else is peanuts.

American does not have the 4th worst poverty rate in the world. If that were true, no Haitian immigrant would be camping at the U.S./Mexico border.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:45 am    Post subject:

The Arizona fraudit/data breach confirms Biden won. His vote total increased a bit, and Trump's decreased.

The Cyber Ninjas must have realized that lawsuits were coming if they presented fraudulent results as manipulation of votes and ballots are serious crimes.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The Arizona fraudit/data breach confirms Biden won. His vote total increased a bit, and Trump's decreased.

The Cyber Ninjas must have realized that lawsuits were coming if they presented fraudulent results as manipulation of votes and ballots are serious crimes.

Next step would be the GOP clamoring for an audit of the audit.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

The third point is so wrong her interns deleted the tweet.

Highly doubtful that was the reason when the blatantly incorrect statement about the poverty rate was in the Tweet.

And you may disagree with the idea of taxing the rich, but that's not something that is wrong. Just a difference of opinion.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

It is so good to hear POTUS talk like a normal person, minimal BS, no insults, just answering the questions. I’ll say it again, Biden has exceeded (has lumps) most expectations
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
It is so good to hear POTUS talk like a normal person, minimal BS, no insults, just answering the questions. I’ll say it again, Biden has exceeded (has lumps) most expectations

Yes, but the media, as we saw in the coverage of the Afghanistan withdrawal, will try their best to destroy him, even perceived mainstream, liberal media people (the Peter Bakers of the world). They love close elections, they miss Trump, they live according to 'both sides do it,' and Biden will have to be extra aggressive to counter the media narrative.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

I think the political commentators did quite a bit of damage to the Biden Administration due to the Afghanistan withdrawal.

The right wing media harps on all the tanks, armored personnel carriers, arms, munitions, etc. that were lost, as if Biden surrendered armories or made outright gifts during his brief tenure in office. All that hardware was built up from multiple POTUS administrations, much of it for the use by the Afghan military which quickly surrendered. Blame Bush, Obama and Trump for the loss of all of that hardware. No one with a brain should have believed that the Afghan government could have sustained itself without US boots on the ground.

The rest of the media pandered to stupidity. Afghanistan is roughly the size of Texas, and unlike Texas much of it is mountainous. That required a large number of remote outposts throughout the country, particularly in the mountainous terrain. Any retreat from those outposts would have lit up the insurgent radio network like a Christmas tree, a slow, orderly retreat from those outposts, would have created more time and opportunity to kill and maim American troops. Ditto with the bases supporting those remote outposts. The longer we lingered, the greater the toll on the troops. If there was a failure in the Biden Administration, it was the failure to clearly and quickly explain this to the public.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

American does not have the 4th worst poverty rate in the world. If that were true, no Haitian immigrant would be camping at the U.S./Mexico border.

Yep.
And the sky is blue.
And if someone tweets something inaccurate they should delete it.
And if every Dem votes the same way Jayapal and Pelosi are voting on the Biden bill. We’ll all be better off.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
And if every Dem votes the same way Jayapal and Pelosi are voting on the Biden bill. We’ll all be better off.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

Anyway, for what it is worth, the parties responsible for handling White House communications to both the press and our partners abroad are doing a piss poor job. I like a President who doesn't shy from making tough decisions. I just don't like the way this White House drops the ball on communications.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
governator wrote:

Yes, but the media, as we saw in the coverage of the Afghanistan withdrawal, will try their best to destroy him, even perceived mainstream, liberal media people (the Peter Bakers of the world). They love close elections, they miss Trump, they live according to 'both sides do it,' and Biden will have to be extra aggressive to counter the media narrative.

Yeah, they are def looking for stories. Psaki been great, the news network been pretty bad like u said. Biden, maybe not him but Dems in general need better PR on topics like ending the Afghan war (which is a good thing!), border migrant treatment (that US no longer separating kids instead of focus on horses/whip), COVID handling (best, yes, best in the world when taking into account where we started in Jan ‘21), tax reform (sell this ish, good start with POTUS himself laying out the case against both corporations tax rate and billionaires’), infrastructure (stop focusing on Manchin and Sinema, again sell this ish, we all want it), also louder about voting rights/roe v Wade. Gotta keep the senate and house for this guy next year
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Fwiw, Jayapal (or whomever is doing her tweeting) is guilty of a common flaw in the age of Twitter: rapid statements that aren’t fact checked or edited properly. The US has the 4th highest poverty rate of the 38 OECD member nations, the so-called developed world. It has around 26-27 percent of the world’s billionaires by most counts. Both statistics were either incomplete or mathematically incorrect, which ruined the very real point she was arguing. That we have a disproportionate amount of billionaires and also a disproportionate share of poverty among the affluent world. And that one has a lot to do with the other, specifically through tax burden.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fwiw, Jayapal (or whomever is doing her tweeting) is guilty of a common flaw in the age of Twitter: rapid statements that aren’t fact checked or edited properly. The US has the 4th highest poverty rate of the 38 OECD member nations, the so-called developed world. It has around 26-27 percent of the world’s billionaires by most counts. Both statistics were either incomplete or mathematically incorrect, which ruined the very real point she was arguing. That we have a disproportionate amount of billionaires and also a disproportionate share of poverty among the affluent world. And that one has a lot to do with the other, specifically through tax burden.

There goes Omar the hippy. Keep your leftist, communist takes to yourself!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Her intent was solid.

Her execution was flawed enough that it required rescinding the Tweet (and yes, I said her, because even if it were actually on an aid, it's still lands on her).

It's not unreasonable to expect better in an age where fact checking is almost instantaneous.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3175, 3176, 3177 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 3176 of 3670
Jump to: