THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3112, 3113, 3114 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
New reality show: Jodeke and DMR try to farm and much hilarity ensues. Watch two cranky codgers bicker over seeds, fertilizer and life in general...

On next week's episode of "Jodeke & DMR":

Jodeke buys the longest extension cord and phone cable at Home Depot, so he can take his computer directly to the farm, a computer he proudly says gets a disc clean up once a week and uses Avast Premium for freeing up space and optimization.

Jodeke: "Mule, will you help me recover my AOL password? I need to browse the internet for the latest fertilizer."

DMR: "I swear, this is the last time I'll help you with this. And people stopped saying 'browsing' in like 2002."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

President Biden refers to President Putin as President Trump, then quickly corrects himself.

Freudian slip or deliberate?

I'm going with Joe getting sneaky. Intentional slip of the lip. I'd like to see the clip. I'd be looking to see if he smiled when he corrected himself.

EDIT: It was a slip of the lip around 6:35 of the video LINK Mention was made that it was caused because Biden is slipping cognitively.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Leaked Audio of Sen. Joe Manchin Call With Billionaire Donors Provides Rare Glimpse of Dealmaking on Filibuster and January 6 Commission

The Intercept

It's tough for me to have less respect for someone than I do Joe Manchin.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
New reality show: Jodeke and DMR try to farm and much hilarity ensues. Watch two cranky codgers bicker over seeds, fertilizer and life in general...

On next week's episode of "Jodeke & DMR":

Jodeke buys the longest extension cord and phone cable at Home Depot, so he can take his computer directly to the farm, a computer he proudly says gets a disc clean up once a week and uses Avast Premium for freeing up space and optimization.

Jodeke: "Mule, will you help me recover my AOL password? I need to browse the internet for the latest fertilizer."

DMR: "I swear, this is the last time I'll help you with this. And people stopped saying 'browsing' in like 2002."

Just ran my Avast Premium and Bertha got quicker. Cleaned 12.9 GB space

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Listened to an interesting podcast with Hunter Biden today. He was on WTF with Marc Maron, and while much of the conversation was about his family life And battles with addiction, it did go into the timeline and detail into the actualities of the various allegations against him (Ukraine/Burisima, laptop etc.)

I hadn't really heard Hunter speak before, certainly not at length about the controversy surrounding and it was intriguing to hear it from his perspective. He sounded really down to earth, likable and quite matter of fact about it all the controversy surrounding him aimed at derailing his Dad's efforts. If that sounds interesting, give it a listen.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Juneteenth is on its way to becoming a federal holiday. Sometimes things are good.

Now do voting day.

Hear hear. Or at least make genuine efforts to prevent the rampant voter suppression efforts going on.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Reality Winner really wins. She's let out of prison. She did all that time for BS and Trumffljajffj;49'akjasf. Yes, the ironing sucks. She shouldn't even have to do the halfway house bit.

https://tinyurl.com/m7b8kdsz
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Reality Winner really wins. She's let out of prison. She did all that time for BS and Trumffljajffj;49'akjasf. Yes, the ironing sucks. She shouldn't even have to do the halfway house bit.

It's behind a paywall. What's the story?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Juneteenth is on its way to becoming a federal holiday. Sometimes things are good.

Of course, they are making it illegal to talk about it in school in some places, so there's that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

WASHINGTON — Reality L. Winner, a former National Security Agency contractor who was the first person prosecuted during the Trump administration on charges of leaking classified information, has been released to a halfway house, her lawyer announced on Monday.

Ms. Winner’s case was the subject of an intense public campaign to win her a pardon or clemency. But it was her good behavior in prison, not the outside advocacy or a compassionate release process, that shortened her 63-month sentence, her lawyer said.

While her good-behavior release was not unusual, her lawyer, Alison Grinter Allen, said she and Ms. Winner’s family were worried that the government would find a reason to extend her prison stay.

“When we knew release was imminent, there were a lot of anxieties that it would be denied to her,” Ms. Allen said in an interview.

Ms. Winner was released on June 2 from Federal Medical Center, Carswell, a prison in Fort Worth, Texas, said Emery Nelson, a Bureau of Prisons spokesman.

The San Antonio Residential Re-entry Management Office will oversee her “community confinement,” Mr. Nelson added.

Ms. Winner is in a halfway house, where she will have access to the outdoors and be able to meet with her family, and then will be under supervised release, Ms. Allen said. She could be transferred to home confinement before her full release from custody in November.

While in prison, Ms. Winner was held under difficult conditions. The prison lost power and heat during last winter’s ice storms in Texas, and a number of fellow inmates died of Covid-19.

Her communications were closely monitored, and the government refused until now to move her to a less secure facility, Ms. Allen said.

A former Air Force linguist, Ms. Winner entered a guilty plea in 2018, after being prosecuted for leaking classified information. She had been arrested in 2017 and charged with sending a classified report about election interference to reporters at The Intercept.

The report described hacks by Russian intelligence operatives against local election officials and a company that sold software related to voter registration.

As Ms. Winner began to petition for a pardon or a commutation, Ms. Allen was added to her legal team because her other lawyers were banned from speaking publicly about the case.

Ms. Winner, now 29, sought clemency from President Donald J. Trump, with her legal team submitting thousands of letters in an effort to get him to intervene in her case.

There had been some cause to think Mr. Trump could commute Ms. Winner’s sentence. In 2018, he called her sentence “so unfair” and said that what she had done was “small potatoes.” But Mr. Trump never acted on the commutation request.

Despite Mr. Trump’s apparent ambivalence, the case was an early example of a campaign against leaks by his Justice Department.

While many of the Trump-era leak investigations moved slowly, the Justice Department announced the charges against Ms. Winner an hour after The Intercept published the article.

The Intercept came under criticism for how it reported the article, including by Ms. Winner’s mother. Ms. Winner had mailed the document to the publication anonymously, but the reporters showed a copy of it to the National Security Agency’s public affairs office and published the document to the internet, including markings that helped officials identify Ms. Winner.

In 2017, The Intercept acknowledged its practices fell short and said it should have taken more steps to ensure the identity of the person leaking the document was protected.

Ms. Winner could move relatively quickly from the halfway house to home confinement, where she could live with her family. Because of the pandemic, visitation had been cut off from the federal prison for the last 18 months and Ms. Winner had spoken to her family only on phone calls and occasional video calls. During her time in prison, Ms. Winner became an aunt and is looking forward to meeting her new family members, Ms. Allen said.

Once Ms. Winner is released from the halfway house, she will still not be able to talk about any of the documents she reviewed while working at the National Security Agency, but she will be able to speak broadly about issues that concern her.

“It would surprise me if advocacy and activism was not a part of her life going forward,” Ms. Allen said, “whether it be about the conditions and the state of mass incarceration or political prosecutions or election integrity.”
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject:

Obamacare survives.

Supreme Court rejects challenge 7-2 on lack of standing.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Obamacare survives.

They would have taken away pre-existing condition protection for EVERYONE, not just people getting insurance through the ACA exchanges. Would have made COVID a pre-existing condition. You can't destroy healthcare for an entire country, especially during a pandemic. Thankfully that was a bridge too far even for the conservatives (except for Gorsuch and Alito).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

Tucker Carlson is calling COVID precautions "medical Jim Crow".

My initial reaction to that was laughter. But the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get. He doesn't give 2 craps about how the real Jim Crow laws destroyed the lives of countless African Americans. And how indirectly, it affects the lives of AAs now.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

My initial reaction to that was laughter. But the more I think about it, the more pissed off I get. He doesn't give 2 craps about how the real Jim Crow laws destroyed the lives of countless African Americans. And how indirectly, it affects the lives of AAs now.

Plus I'm sure he and all the other Fox personalities were first in the line for the vaccine while they have been safely broadcasting from their socially distanced basements for a year and a half. They are paid actors who pretend to be newscasters outraged by liberals while they put real lives in danger and brainwash tens of millions.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Obamacare survives.

They would have taken away pre-existing condition protection for EVERYONE, not just people getting insurance through the ACA exchanges. Would have made COVID a pre-existing condition. You can't destroy healthcare for an entire country, especially during a pandemic. Thankfully that was a bridge too far even for the conservatives (except for Gorsuch and Alito).

I used to wonder how a political party could blatantly try to take wages, safety, clean air and water, education, and health care away from a vast swath of their supporters and yet keep them as voters. Then I saw those people fighting to not wear masks and get vaccines during a deadly pandemic.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Obamacare survives.

I used to wonder how a political party could blatantly try to take wages, safety, clean air and water, education, and health care away from a vast swath of their supporters and yet keep them as voters. Then I saw those people fighting to not wear masks and get vaccines during a deadly pandemic.

I had always been taught that the human survival instinct was the most primary of human instincts. But apparently anger, obstinance and hatred of liberals/science/medicine/rules/laws/people of color/and owning the libs supersedes that instinct. It's also testament to the power of brainwashing. And stupidity.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

They re-use and weaponize terms that liberals use. They started using the term big lie recently in reference to something Joe Biden said (which prob wasn't a lie to begin with).
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

WASHINGTON — Reality L. Winner, a former National Security Agency contractor who was the first person prosecuted during the Trump administration on charges of leaking classified information, has been released to a halfway house, her lawyer announced on Monday . . . ”

Ah yes, now I recall. Thanks!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
kikanga wrote:

They re-use and weaponize terms that liberals use. They started using the term big lie recently in reference to something Joe Biden said (which prob wasn't a lie to begin with).

Yup. Fake News was actually coined about Breitbart and other right wing sites pedaling falsehoods.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

WASHINGTON — Reality L. Winner, a former National Security Agency contractor who was the first person prosecuted during the Trump administration on charges of leaking classified information, has been released to a halfway house, her lawyer announced on Monday . . . ”

Ah yes, now I recall. Thanks!

You thought I went batty w/ the name Reality Winner. You thought I was talking about a winner of a reality show.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Obamacare survives.

I had always been taught that the human survival instinct was the most primary of human instincts. But apparently anger, obstinance and hatred of liberals/science/medicine/rules/laws/people of color/and owning the libs supersedes that instinct. It's also testament to the power of brainwashing. And stupidity.

Tribe might be the strongest instinct.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yup. Fake News was actually coined about Breitbart and other right wing sites pedaling falsehoods.

My take on this is that it's often because they are just too stupid to come up with sayings, terms, quips, and jokes themselves. I've noticed regular stans posting on twitter and the like. When a liberal would say ANYthing like, "Trump doesn't know his ass from a fencepost," they'll reply with the exact same joke in kind. "YOU don't know your ass from a fencepost, libcuck!" I've seen that so many times that I make note of each new one, it's weird. Conservatives and Trumpers aren't a humorous bunch by nature. A term like Jim Crowism is dually perfect because it lets them complain about the reverse racism that's keeping them down (sarcasm).
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

I try not to underestimate the stupidity of white & racist America, but I sometimes fail at it . . . since white & racist America keeps coming up with some epic dumbassery.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

It’s also because GOP (and Russian and other intelligence provocateurs) understand that if you can use sound bites and weaponize your opponents language, you have an upper hand. Of course it only works if you’re targeting a simpler audience with a simpler message. It’s always been the advantage of conservatism over liberalism. People get more selfish and tribal as they get older and greed, selfishness, and fear of the other getting your stuff is a powerful motivator. More powerful than actual self interest or self preservation. Liberalism is a concept and is rich in nuance and policy, and it is just easier to sell hate and anger and resentment.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

Another advantage of selling base emotions is that you can convince people that other people are doing what they would do, or that other people would do what they would do. Projection.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3112, 3113, 3114 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 3113 of 3671
Jump to: