THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3089, 3090, 3091 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

Damn east coast redneck (bleep) panic hoarding gas pissing me off. If they (bleep) up my weekend trip because of this moron-induced gas shortage, I will go full Joker.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Damn east coast redneck (bleep) panic hoarding gas pissing me off. If they (bleep) up my weekend trip because of this moron-induced gas shortage, I will go full Joker.

I bought gas in Somerville, MA this morning at my regular gas station. Everything was normal. No lines. No hoarding. No panic. Paid about $2.85 for regular which seems about normal. I was down to a quarter-tank so this was a regular fill-up, not a panic fill-up.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
At this point, the Republican party is our *biggest national security threat.* More than Russia, more than terrorism, more than China, and right on down the line. This is a factual statement, not hyperbole. Prove me wrong.

You’re 100% right. Unfortunately they play the game better. They are setting up for 2024 with their voting laws. Have a decent chance to take house next year.

isn't that crazy, how they can cheat their way into winning Presidency, House, Senate seats... in plain sight, just insane

It’s horrible. What’s frustrating is that we know there is some crime on that side but dems never press the issue.Ittook a rogue conservative group who had no shame in their game to help Biden win. ( the Lincoln project)

Biden needs to use the doj like trump did. At least for now. They can still fix the country.

We know McConnell took money from a sanctioned oligarch. We know his wife awarded jobs that warrant investigation. The water is deep.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I bought gas in Somerville, MA this morning at my regular gas station. Everything was normal. No lines. No hoarding. No panic. Paid about $2.85 for regular which seems about normal. I was down to a quarter-tank so this was a regular fill-up, not a panic fill-up.

Yeah, it seems to be more of an issue south of the Mason-Dixon line.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
At this point, the Republican party is our *biggest national security threat.* More than Russia, more than terrorism, more than China, and right on down the line. This is a factual statement, not hyperbole. Prove me wrong.

You’re 100% right. Unfortunately they play the game better. They are setting up for 2024 with their voting laws. Have a decent chance to take house next year.

isn't that crazy, how they can cheat their way into winning Presidency, House, Senate seats... in plain sight, just insane

It’s horrible. What’s frustrating is that we know there is some crime on that side but dems never press the issue.Ittook a rogue conservative group who had no shame in their game to help Biden win. ( the Lincoln project)

Biden needs to use the doj like trump did. At least for now. They can still fix the country.

We know McConnell took money from a sanctioned oligarch. We know his wife awarded jobs that warrant investigation. The water is deep.

Trump used the DOJ to protect himself and cronies, and to harass opponents. We don’t need Biden doing either one. Unless he’s telling the DOJ not to prosecute crimes, his job is to let them do theirs.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Trump used the DOJ to protect himself and cronies, and to harass opponents. We don’t need Biden doing either one. Unless he’s telling the DOJ not to prosecute crimes, his job is to let them do theirs.

Things have forever changed. Biden needs to weed out criminals large or small that sit in power on the gop side. The status quo only pertains to dems. You think if a gop runs and wins in 2024 that they won’t be corrupt especially if they are part of this gop. The days of how the founders structured it are over. We are a 2022 election away from being closer to Russia or other corrupt countries than we are to the America as we knew it. If gop win one branch. It’s dire.this gop is a different kind of corrupt
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

With our actual Democracy at stake, every time I hear Joe Manchin talk about how "bi-partisanship" is sooooooo important, steam comes out of my ears. He's against the For the People's Act:

Quote:
The For the People Act is a bill in the United States Congress To expand voting rights, change campaign finance laws to reduce the influence of money in politics, limit partisan gerrymandering, and create new ethics rules for federal officeholders.

He thinks it's too extreme and divisive. Joe (bleep) Manchin.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
With our actual Democracy at stake, every time I hear Joe Manchin talk about how "bi-partisanship" is sooooooo important, steam comes out of my ears. He's against the For the People's Act:

Quote:
The For the People Act is a bill in the United States Congress To expand voting rights, change campaign finance laws to reduce the influence of money in politics, limit partisan gerrymandering, and create new ethics rules for federal officeholders.

He thinks it's too extreme and divisive. Joe (bleep) Manchin.

Manchin is a Republican posing as a Democrat.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Manchin has the luxury (and white privilege) to be a moderate Democrat: He's not suffering from poverty or discrimination directed at him because of his race/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation.

Manchin is almost working as hard as RepubliKKKans at stifling the country and Biden's plans for helping the non-rich & non-white.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Manchin has the luxury (and white privilege) to be a moderate Democrat: He's not suffering from poverty or discrimination directed at him because of his race/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation.

Manchin is almost working as hard as RepubliKKKans at stifling the country and Biden's plans for helping the non-rich & non-white.

Idk where white privilege comes into play. I get playing to your constituents, I mean that’s why hes there but there is a bigger picture where helping them and the country are the same.

If his label is Democrat that means another dem could beat him. Why not primary his arse.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Idk where white privilege comes into play. I get playing to your constituents, I mean that’s why hes there but there is a bigger picture where helping them and the country are the same.

If his label is Democrat that means another dem could beat him. Why not primary his arse.

Don't think we can primary him and his term isn't up until 2025. Maybe start a No Confidence movement. Not likely to succeed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri May 14, 2021 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Because that person likely wouldn’t beat him and certainly wouldn’t win the general. Guys like Manchin infuriate me because they play to the other side and eventually they get run over too. Ask The Blue Dog senators that played moderate when Obama wanted to pass things. They eventually got eaten by Republican challengers because once they fell into no man’s land, the voters figured they might as well get a real conservative.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Can gaetz at least go to prison. Someone, anyone.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

David S. Bernstein
@dbernstein
This is actually a great summation of why GOP electeds can brush off Cheney et al: “The GOP might be a fascistic, anti-democratic harbinger of America’s demise — but vote for a Democrat? Are you insane?”

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
Cheney to colleague Bret Baier: I would not vote for a Democrat ever. The issue is whether or not we are going to stand up for the rule of law and stand up for the Constitution that is above partizanship. It's above politics.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Never. Going. To. Happen.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Never. Going. To. Happen.

Which is why dems need to adopt some of the barriers that trump broke as a new way of legislative practice.

At least their approach would be help most people.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

I think I can look back to 2017 and find from me: "Republicans = Terrorists"

Jan 6 proved it
Now this Cheney issue is proving it
Knowing why Trump hated John McCain "Magnitsky Act" and abused our US Soldiers because they were on his ship..

Republicans are the party of Terrorism and everything wrong with America..quote me

Were the citizens who committed the greatest direct terrorist attack on Democracy Republicans or Democrats? Murdering their Thin Blue Line buddies in the process and talking about Killing Nancy Pelosi...

Why are these humans even spoken to politely.. every reply back to them should be "January 6th - (bleep) OFF" until they die and we can put only that on their headstone

EXCLUSIVE: @CNN
has obtained bodycam video showing the attack on DC Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Fanone was stun-gunned several times and beaten with a flagpole. Watch:
https://twitter.com/CNNTonight/status/1392665192337707010
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I think I can look back to 2017 and find from me: "Republicans = Terrorists"

Jan 6 proved it
Now this Cheney issue is proving it
Knowing why Trump hated John McCain "Magnitsky Act" and abused our US Soldiers because they were on his ship..

Republicans are the party of Terrorism and everything wrong with America..quote me

Were the citizens who committed the greatest direct terrorist attack on Democracy Republicans or Democrats? Murdering their Thin Blue Line buddies in the process and talking about Killing Nancy Pelosi...

Why are these humans even spoken to politely.. every reply back to them should be "January 6th - (bleep) OFF" until they die and we can put only that on their headstone

EXCLUSIVE: @CNN
has obtained bodycam video showing the attack on DC Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Fanone was stun-gunned several times and beaten with a flagpole. Watch:
https://twitter.com/CNNTonight/status/1392665192337707010

Yet they have a good chance at winning house in 2022 and are prepping for a war in 2024. Yet dems still, after all of the tough talk the last 4 years still only want to play by the rules which were proven to be bendable to say the least.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

Republicans are a dirty dirty group of bandits. If you're a Republican, you can't trust anybody you work with. A bunch of disloyal, backstabbing, no honor or integrity having, shameless lying sacks of crap. You know they're lying when their mouths are moving. Something has to be really wrong with your mental health to follow behind those demons. EDIT: Either that, or you're just devoid of any kind of moral compass.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Republicans are a dirty dirty group of bandits. If you're a Republican, you can't trust anybody you work with. A bunch of disloyal, backstabbing, no honor or integrity having, shameless lying sacks of crap. You know they're lying when their mouths are moving. Something has to be really wrong with your mental health to follow behind those demons. EDIT: Either that, or you're just devoid of any kind of moral compass.

Unfortunately that’s the new way until a new party, or a younger generation with morals comes through. However in the now, dems need to start playing dirty and maybes little crooked. The main difference is their policies will at least help most people.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
David S. Bernstein
@dbernstein
This is actually a great summation of why GOP electeds can brush off Cheney et al: “The GOP might be a fascistic, anti-democratic harbinger of America’s demise — but vote for a Democrat? Are you insane?”

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
Cheney to colleague Bret Baier: I would not vote for a Democrat ever. The issue is whether or not we are going to stand up for the rule of law and stand up for the Constitution that is above partizanship. It's above politics.

I know a few Republican voters who thought the same way. They didn't vote Democrat this past election. But they also didn't vote Republican, either. lol.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Methinks the wayback hack of Both DNC & RNC computers by Putin bought him more than he ever imagined from the Republica party.

I think that data and 4 years of honeypots set by trump and Putin. (bleep) they probably directly spy on some of their top Republicans and instantly use whatever it is against them.

They actively recruit people they have dirt on.

They had enough dirt on justice Kennedy, via his son's work for Oligarchs via Deutsch bank they forced him to step down
I feared an assassination on RBG via something that would look medically related...

Three SCJ's in 4 years including 2 impeachments an insurrection and a press conference at Four Seasons Total Landscaping
Oh, and... "Good people on both sides..."
Epstein murdered by Bill Barr (c'mon..this guy was 1000x worse than Weinstein and we get rookie guards who fell asleep and no cameras on the night he died in Bill Barr's prison..Derp - why though? to coverup for his Father?

Pizzagate was started in turkey to create cover for Turkish politicians scandal and adapted by none other than that traitor generals son Michael Flynn Jr.
America were really cowardly the way the treat Roger stone and Michael Flynn. Enemies of The State. We need better laws for domestic terrorists. Not Gitmo. Just Segregation like in a US Prison. Flynn and Stone should only be seeing sunlight one hour per day.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
David S. Bernstein
@dbernstein

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

I know a few Republican voters who thought the same way. They didn't vote Democrat this past election. But they also didn't vote Republican, either. lol.

My hope is the "conservatives" form their own spoiler party where they can vote for "real" Republicans and split their vote.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
David S. Bernstein
@dbernstein

Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram

My hope is the "conservatives" form their own spoiler party where they can vote for "real" Republicans and split their vote.

The most you can hope for out of a vast majority of republicans is that they will pretend to be independents or sit out an election. Because the fact is that 90% of what Trumpism stands for is the basic id of what makes a Republican and has for generations. Xenophobia, resistance to social and scientific modernity, greed, selfishness/narcissism, and nationalism are all the bedrocks of American conservatism.

It cannot be said enough: Marjorie Taylor Green is a pretty mainstream Republican in her beliefs. And she and Liz Cheney agree on almost everything.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

The thing about Manchin that ticks me off is that there is nothing that can be done to pressure him to fall in line.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3089, 3090, 3091 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3090 of 3673
Jump to: