THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3087, 3088, 3089 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Somewhere someone lied to a judge regarding mueller report. This has only come out the last couple days so we shall see what happens. What I do know that if gop were in charge and a dem lied the reactions would be swift, loud and heavy handed.

My guess is the only response the dems will give are Nicole Wallace and Rachel maddow reprimanding them to their audience.

When in the hell are the Dems gonna take the damn gloves off and get down and dirty!!!??? 🤬Scuse my French.

I agree. they are so concerned about getting back to normalcy. thats fine but some barriers have been knocked down. Take advantage of those in the immediate while getting back to "normal" washington which was painfully flawed .

Trump using DOJ as his personal lawyerr was wrong. So on a much smaller scale why shouldn't Biden use the DOJ as his.... only until things get back to "normal"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Somewhere someone lied to a judge regarding mueller report. This has only come out the last couple days so we shall see what happens. What I do know that if gop were in charge and a dem lied the reactions would be swift, loud and heavy handed.

My guess is the only response the dems will give are Nicole Wallace and Rachel maddow reprimanding them to their audience.

When in the hell are the Dems gonna take the damn gloves off and get down and dirty!!!??? 🤬Scuse my French.

I agree. they are so concerned about getting back to normalcy. thats fine but some barriers have been knocked down. Take advantage of those in the immediate while getting back to "normal" washington which was painfully flawed .

Trump using DOJ as his personal lawyerr was wrong. So on a much smaller scale why shouldn't Biden use the DOJ as his.... only until things get back to "normal"

I think using the DOJ would be a mistake. Biden's said he won't interfere with them. I'm talking about going J Edgar Hoover. Start getting dossiers on some Republicans. Play the underhanded game clandestinely.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I think using the DOJ would be a mistake. Biden's said he won't interfere with them. I'm talking about going J Edgar Hoover. Start getting dossiers on some Republicans. Play the underhanded game clandestinely.

okay. That. Anything.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

okay. That. Anything.

Maybe playing nice nasty would do the trick. Going high when they go low's not getting it done.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Liz Cheney is supposed to be on the way out...from her leadership position in the GOP.

The GOP are about to cannibalize each other.

Good.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

okay. That. Anything.

Maybe playing nice nasty would do the trick. Going high when they go low's not getting it done.

During every hearing when its gym Jordan’s time to speak or if a dem is responding to him he should always be addressed like this.

Dem- “ it is important that every American knows that you turned your head as young men were sexually assaulted, so forgive me if we don’t see eye to eye”
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Liz Cheney is supposed to be on the way out...from her leadership position in the GOP.

Good.

Not really, because what they will be doing it dispensing with the few voices of reason left within them and replacing them with worse. Thus, making them more dangerous.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

Not really, because what they will be doing it dispensing with the few voices of reason left within them and replacing them with worse. Thus, making them more dangerous.

They weren't listening to her anyway. And it'll be tough for the base to be worse or more dangerous than they already are.

But still, you may be right.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

not good

https://www.tampabay.com/news/2021/05/05/think-twice-before-you-whip-out-your-phone-and-record-a-cop-in-florida-you-could-be-arrested/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
not good

https://www.tampabay.com/news/2021/05/05/think-twice-before-you-whip-out-your-phone-and-record-a-cop-in-florida-you-could-be-arrested/

Reminded me of both these

Quote:

“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.”

― John Wooden

Quote:
In February 2015, Orta had been arrested and sent to Rikers Island. At intake, everyone knew his name. He told me the COs taunted him about the Garner video. “You’re ours now,” he claims they said. “Not so tough without your camera.”

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/13/18253848/eric-garner-footage-ramsey-orta-police-brutality-killing-safety
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

They weren't listening to her anyway. And it'll be tough for the base to be worse or more dangerous than they already are.

That's not the problem—it's the legislators becoming more dangerous than the base because of the actual power they wield.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
not good

The dissenting juror is spot on.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

Liz Cheney, We Have a Memory. You’re No Hero
Quote:
As if we don’t know what they are, as if the horribleness of Trump redeems them for relative measure.

Nah. No amnesia for me, thank you.

With respect to Dick Cheney, I ask you to recall just one thing: the torture program under the Bush administration. He’s said that if he had it to do over, he would torture again.

The torture gene must run in the family, for Liz Cheney praised the Trump administration’s review of the treatment of terrorism suspects.

Quote:
A few weeks before the 2016 election, when an old tape of Trump boasting about sexually assaulting women became public, Cheney said, according to The Associated Press, that while Trump’s comments were appalling, she was still supporting him and that, somehow, Hillary Clinton’s handling of her emails was worse than the Trump admission.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

🔥🔥BREAKING: GOP commissioners kill @FEC case against former Pres. Trump for knowingly and willfully accepting a $130k contribution to spike the Stormy Daniels story just before Election Day 2016 – the same $130k payment that sent his lawyer to prison.

This is what the gop do, and why nothing will ever touch them. They also don’t care about presidency as long as they have the senate which is all they are working towards for 2022
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

That's not the problem—it's the legislators becoming more dangerous than the base because of the actual power they wield.

I just struggle to value the difference between more moderate Rs and further right wing Rs at this point in time.

I could actually argue moderate Rs are worse. They give legitimacy to that joke of a party.
Liz Cheney can pat herself on the back for not being Marjorie Taylor Green.
Romney can pat himself on the back for not being Ted Cruz.

But to me, I just see 4 people who aren't good enough. 4 votes against minimum wage increase, healthcare for millions, citizenship for millions, economic policy that helps the majority of Americans, etc.

Liz Cheney and Romney should leave the party if they really mean what they say.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I just struggle to value the difference between more moderate Rs and further right wing Rs at this point in time.

I could actually argue moderate Rs are worse. They give legitimacy to that joke of a party.

But to me, I just see 4 people who aren't good enough. 4 votes against minimum wage increase, healthcare for millions, citizenship for millions, economic policy that helps the majority of Americans, etc.

There are no "moderate" Rs. They have staunch conservatives, and then they have bitsh*t crazy far-right people like Ted Cruz and Marjorie Taylor Green.

Even the "reasonable" Rs like Romney and Kasich are textbook conservatives.

If the GOP actually had a legit moderate or libertarian wing, maybe there would be some hope for that party.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

Quote:
As if we don’t know what they are, as if the horribleness of Trump redeems them for relative measure.

With respect to Dick Cheney, I ask you to recall just one thing: the torture program under the Bush administration. He’s said that if he had it to do over, he would torture again.

The torture gene must run in the family, for Liz Cheney praised the Trump administration’s review of the treatment of terrorism suspects.

Quote:
A few weeks before the 2016 election, when an old tape of Trump boasting about sexually assaulting women became public, Cheney said, according to The Associated Press, that while Trump’s comments were appalling, she was still supporting him and that, somehow, Hillary Clinton’s handling of her emails was worse than the Trump admission.

Oh believe me. I'm not even remotely saying she's heroic by any stretch. I know she is overall a horrible person.

My point is she is essentially the only GOP member who is telling the truth about The Big Lie—which is why the GOP wants her gone and are all saying they want nothing to do with her.

The fact is, even for all her verminous "qualities" that they otherwise share with her, they are kicking her to the curb for the "sin" of telling the truth about the election.

That's an extremely significant and foreboding event in regards to how GOP leadership is planning to move forward.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

There aren't any moderates in the GOP anymore. That's why they casting Cheney out and why Romney got booed at the GOP convention in his own state the other day.

And here is why that should be deeply troubling. It's easy to say that it can't get worse and diminish the significance of what is happening in regards to the handling of Romney and Cheney, but the reality is, the GOP is putting mechanisms in place to make sure that the voters who can keep them in check will not be able to vote next time around. If they start picking up seats in 2022, we are screwed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

Quote:

Quote:

The bar is so low for republicans now its depressing for America.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Good.

I didn't think it'd get any worse than W and his New World Order cronies but look where we are now.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Things can always get worse.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Things can always get worse.

As we speak, look at all the fruitcakes in the Artist Formerly Known as the GOP who are climbing over each other to be trumpier than Trump himself. That's what they wanna run on, that they're the trumpiest, the most shamlessly ignorant, the biggest suck-up to DT, and the proudest a**hole on stage. Can you believe this is the kind of thing they actually want to run on? "Vote for me!, I'm the LEAST apologetic ahole of anyone on this stage tonight!" And then you got all these pricks trying to steal credit for the stuff the Democrats did that they blocked every step of the way. And in the growing tradition of saying the unspoken part out loud, McConnell guarantees that Joe Biden and the Dems will get zero R votes for anything they do (same as they did w/ Obama, but not as blatantly forecasted).

Now that Joe and Schumer/Pelosi/et al know their game from the Obama years of dealing in bad faith merely to hone down a legislative proposal and then NOT vote for it when the time comes, they know it's an utter waste of time even talking to them. Joe will try and make sure it's known that he is trying to engage, but he knows damn well what the Rs are up to. And now that Maddow and others have pointed out that Mitch actually did the Dems a solid by admitting it, he wants to try to walk it back so perhaps they can go back to the Obama Era tactics. Dems are now free to not even mind the other side. You would THINK that would be something the losing/minority party wouldn't want, but the Rs have convinced themselves that they're the ones who are wielding the power in this equation. Tucking back into their shells (turtle reference), they have LESS power than they would've if they had the Dems believing that they were on board with compromise. I think maybe they're waiting to see what happens in 2022, but if Biden/Dems pull off these other popular pieces of legislation they're talking about, maybe the Dems can actually win in the Midterms for a change.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject:

It's time for Turkey Neck McConnell & Donald Drumpf to buy the farm.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

The intra-party dynamics in the GOP don't concern me as much as the intra-party dynamics on our side. If Manchin and Sinema would just fall in line, we wouldn't have to worry about the GOP grabbing enough control to destroy our country again.
Cause whether the crazies are running the party or not. The GOP will make things worse for the majority of Americans the second they have enough power to do so.

Now if the more moderate Rs would agree to bipartisanship if the crazies were expelled from their party, I'd be open to hearing that. But that's not the case. In terms of voting whether it's the base voting for officials, or legislators voting on law. There is no tangible difference between bat (bleep) crazy Rs and more moderate Rs. It's the rhetoric that really separates the 2 groups in the GOP. And although that matters, it still doesn't matter enough for me to value moderate Rs.

When we get closer to 2024 though. I agree with you DMR. Then we're talking about potentially the next President of the United States and not just legislators.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

As horrible as they are as people. How little they care about the country. They are relentless with their messaging and tactics with zero shame. That is why imho they probably win back senate in 2022
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3087, 3088, 3089 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 3088 of 3671
Jump to: