THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3083, 3084, 3085 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Pence makes foray back into politics with speech to S.C. conservatives
Amanda Golden and Hallie Jackson
Thu, April 29, 2021, 8:54 AM·2 min read

LINK

This should be interesting.

Quote:
In his remarks, Pence is expected to criticize President Joe Biden's first 100 days in office as drastically different than what he campaigned on in 2020, according to a source familiar with Pence's thinking, a line of attack echoing complaints from other Republicans in recent days.

Now that Biden has reached the traditional benchmark, Pence will use it to contrast Biden’s first 100 days with what he will bill as the accomplishments of former President Trump’s first 100 days, the source added.

I wonder how long before someone in the crowd shouts "hang Mike Pence!"

How Long, Not Long

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I could only stomach about 2 minutes of Uncle Tim's "Republican Response".

I think of him as the male version of Omarosa, with less hair...and the title of Senator. Otherwise, they're basically of similar value to the (white) GOP.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

So good

Madame VP
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject:

James carville: I have a problem with wokeness, we should focus of lmakong aws/legislation by winning senate/house/state/local elections and not by alienating the 68% of voters

I agree with winning local elections are important but the 68%, sure he means white Americans, not sure about this one. You guys have similar encounters with older generation liberals, you guys feel the same way Jodeke? DMR?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I could only stomach about 2 minutes of Uncle Tim's "Republican Response".

I think of him as the male version of Omarosa, with less hair...and the title of Senator. Otherwise, they're basically of similar value to the (white) GOP.

Tim ‘I’ve been so discriminated against because I’m black but other folks can’t say their experiences are due to racist America’ Scott?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
James carville: I have a problem with wokeness, we should focus of lmakong aws/legislation by winning senate/house/state/local elections and not by alienating the 68% of voters

I agree with winning local elections are important but the 68%, sure he means white Americans, not sure about this one. You guys have similar encounters with older generation liberals, you guys feel the same way Jodeke? DMR?

I disagree in a few ways. First, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can hold the Republicans' feet to the moral/ethical fire while still winning elections and legislating. Secondly, I don't believe Dems are focusing on "wokeness" over those things. Lastly, if they were alienating 68% of te voters, the Fems wouldn't have won the Presidency or the two seats in GA. Those on the Right who aren't onboard with Dem policy aren't being alienated by Dem wokeness, they are being indoctrinated by Rightwing BS, and that will go on no matter what the the Dems do.

I like Carville, but he's old school and probably doesn't have a finger on the pulse of the current political climate.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject:

Abrams is a better political strategist than Carville. Carville becomes less relevant with each election. It's not 1998, anymore.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

I disagree in a few ways. First, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can hold the Republicans' feet to the moral/ethical fire while still winning elections and legislating. Secondly, I don't believe Dems are focusing on "wokeness" over those things. Lastly, if they were alienating 68% of te voters, the Fems wouldn't have won the Presidency or the two seats in GA. Those on the Right who aren't onboard with Dem policy aren't being alienated by Dem wokeness, they are being indoctrinated by Rightwing BS, and that will go on no matter what the the Dems do.

I like Carville, but he's old school and probably doesn't have a finger on the pulse of the current political climate.

I took it as carville or maybe older generation are more comfortable with the status quo (whatever facet of life) and look for a slower change toward the better while younger generation simply have less tolerance to the bad status quos. The goals are prob the same
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Abrams is a better political strategist than Carville. Carville becomes less relevant with each election. It's not 1998, anymore.

Abrams been hitting home runs out the park. Curious what’s next for her.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Abrams been hitting home runs out the park. Curious what’s next for her.

I’m thinking another run at governor is possible. She’s sizing up her presidential window as well, with Kamala now an incumbent and AOC with the sizzle.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

I took it as carville or maybe older generation are more comfortable with the status quo (whatever facet of life) and look for a slower change toward the better while younger generation simply have less tolerance to the bad status quos. The goals are prob the same

I get where carville is coming from. He’s a liberal to moderate southern democrat with a moderate Republican wife who helped elect a center left (with a liberal streak) democrat at a time when the map was different, and like all guys past their prime, his tendency is to think the solution is to pull the map and the time back to his salad days. And he’s older and all the wood stuff is hard to keep up with, assimilate. He’s a good guy, he’s just a little behind the times and trying to be relevant. He’s a white male privilege dinosaur with a good heart but still not wanting to give back all his privileges.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

I get where carville is coming from. He’s a liberal to moderate southern democrat with a moderate Republican wife who helped elect a center left (with a liberal streak) democrat at a time when the map was different, and like all guys past their prime, his tendency is to think the solution is to pull the map and the time back to his salad days. And he’s older and all the wood stuff is hard to keep up with, assimilate. He’s a good guy, he’s just a little behind the times and trying to be relevant. He’s a white male privilege dinosaur with a good heart but still not wanting to give back all his privileges.

I was going to use that word myself. We're not going to move forward successfully in these current times by resorting back to relatively ancient approaches.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I don't know what percent of the 68% is Democratic. I think there's about a 12% difference favoring Republicans. Winning that demographic is subjective.

I agree with legislation by winning senate/house/state/local elections. When they gain the advantage Dems are too nice too damn PC. They need to take the gloves off. Play in the mud but remember to take a shower when the game is over.

I like Carville. He's a Democratic moderate liberal, if there is such an animal, with a Republican wife he seems to get along with unlike Kellyanne and George Conway.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:54 am; edited 3 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

He was good in that Jesse James movie w/ Brad Pitt, tho. Convincing performance.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

He was good in that Jesse James movie w/ Brad Pitt, tho. Convincing performance.

Yep LINK

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Seeing how quiet Republicans are being in regards to Matt Gaetz is telling. The party of QAnon fighting pedophilia. The party of family values. The party of demonizing sex work. The party of Judeo-Christian ethics. The party of drain the swamp.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Seeing how quiet Republicans are being in regards to Matt Gaetz is telling. The party of QAnon fighting pedophilia. The party of family values. The party of demonizing sex work. The party of Judeo-Christian ethics. The party of drain the swamp.

Gop doesn’t care. Neither will public. If gaetz gets popped it will be a story for a few days at most. Gop will be outraged about something nonexistent and walla. Story is gone.

Trump got 70 mil votes, the gop didn’t lose much in the two branches with everything out in the open.

They don’t care and tbh a lot of Americans don’t either.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Hypocrisy is not a bug for them. Because they don’t have to even acknowledge it in their current mindset.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Remember Rudy asking, "How can we besmirch a hooker's morals?" and other such comments re: Stormy Daniels? Remember some of the most vocal Trump supporters generally dismiss her (truthful) claims and her as a person/mother in general? Halflife's reply is true and Omar's take is true, but the hypocrisy is still there and it's still monumental for those of us who still reckon hypocrisy. The GOP and Evans have lost aaaaaaaaaaaaaany remaining high ground that they presented themselves as having pre-Trump/Rudy/Gaetz/Jordan/HSG lovers. Twenty years ago, they were up in arms over silliness. Seems like a lifetime ago, but just 20 yrs ago. They can't try that again in the future.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hypocrisy is not a bug for them. Because they don’t have to even acknowledge it in their current mindset.

They are incapable of being shamed because they are sociopaths. Trump didn't start it, but he sure taught them to take it to the max. Tell as many lies as possible. Never admit you were wrong. Pretend you never said what you actually said. Never apologize. Might as well be the biggest hypocritical lying a-hole possible because the base will never punish them for it.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

The Big Lie was built on the backs of a thousand small, medium and large lies. Eventually your cult will believe anything you want. Some key components to how cults work:

Isolation: Cults isolate and try to control the information. No reality checks allowed. (In this case, the conservative echo chambers play the role).

Dependency - an intense desire to belong, stemming from a lack of self-confidence.

Gullibility - a tendency to believe what someone says without really thinking about it.

Low tolerance for uncertainty - a need to have any question answered immediately in black-and-white terms.

Disillusionment with the status quo - a feeling of marginalization within one's own culture and a desire to see that culture change.

Unassertiveness - a reluctance to say no or question authority (In this case, you can't question the former guy, their figurehead...and turn on anyone who does)

With all that, you're prime for brainwashing. Have them believe in little lies, then bigger and bigger lies. Eventually, you can replace their beliefs with whatever you want.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Joe Manchin came out against DC statehood today. Of course, because if there were more Democratic Senators, his power would be greatly diluted. What an egotistical bastard.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

They are incapable of being shamed because they are sociopaths. Trump didn't start it, but he sure taught them to take it to the max. Tell as many lies as possible. Never admit you were wrong. Pretend you never said what you actually said. Never apologize. Might as well be the biggest hypocritical lying a-hole possible because the base will never punish them for it.

Party of Roy Cohn, Trump's mentor and McCarthy's sidekick.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Joe Manchin came out against DC statehood today. Of course, because if there were more Democratic Senators, his power would be greatly diluted. What an egotistical bastard.

What is his play, I don’t get it. If he needs votes, he’s not gonna shed that ‘D stain’ in the eyes of republican voters, he actually need every single eligible democratic and left leaning independent voters to even have a chance
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

Yang while running for mayor had a couple slip up. Ones that don’t even measure on any scale compared to what gop have done. Yet it was news and forced him to clarify. I don’t even remember what they were. That’s the difference. Gop has mastered the calls for outrage and dems expect their candidates to be perfect. Gop will win that battle every time.

Just venting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3083, 3084, 3085 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3084 of 3673
Jump to: