College football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
#3 TCU losing to K-State. Could it open up another playoff spot?

12-1 TCU vs 10-2 Alabama?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject:

TCU loses, these conference title games are no joke.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject:

K-State beats TCU 31-28.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Bummed about USC they were probably a year ahead of schedule but you got to seize the moment.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Bummed about USC they were probably a year ahead of schedule but you got to seize the moment.

Sometimes that moment might not come again because theres such thing as injuries in football.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
K-State beats TCU 31-28.

Dykes got cocky and cost TCU a chance to remain undefeated. Stupid move.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Sometimes that moment might not come again because theres such thing as injuries in football.

I hear ya. College football more than any other sport is unforgiving.
Tcu probably gets pushed out even though their schedule is better than Ohio st.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile Purdue is making a game out of the conference championship with Michigan.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Saban is making the media rounds lobbying for Bama for the last spot. He's making TCU sweat it out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Saban is making the media rounds lobbying for Bama for the last spot. He's making TCU sweat it out.

Do we want to see new blood (TCU) get in and lose to Georgia by 30 points, or do we want to see Alabama get in yet again and possibly give Georgia a major run for their money, maybe even beat them?

That's what it comes down to. I think Ohio State is in, even though I think Alabama would beat them and would be solid favorites against them. They'd be favorites against TCU, too.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

So the CFP semifinals are...

Georgia vs. Ohio State
Michigan vs. TCU

Looks like they wanted to avoid another Michigan/Ohio State rematch, but you could make the argument that TCU deserved the #3 spot ahead of Ohio State anyway.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, guess Saban's lobbying didn't work. Using that criteria Alabama could have 2 losses every season and make the playoffs while everyone would have to jump thru hoops just to make it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/2022-college-football-bowl-game-tracker-live-updates-all-confirmed-bowl-matchups

List of all the bowl games.
USC vs Tulane in the Cotton Bowl
UCLA vs Pitt in the Sun Bowl
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't think any 2 loss team should be in the CFP, I don't care what conference you play in.

USC had a golden opportunity but it was a big ask to beat a tough veteran Utah team on a short week after the emotional games vs. UCLA and Notre Dame.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I don't think any 2 loss team should be in the CFP, I don't care what conference you play in.

USC had a golden opportunity but it was a big ask to beat a tough veteran Utah team on a short week after the emotional games vs. UCLA and Notre Dame.

Only 1 more year for this to apply then a 12 team playoff in 2024-25
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Caleb Williams wins the Heisman Trophy.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Caleb Williams wins the Heisman Trophy.

Much deserved, this guy is an amazing player.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow what a comeback by Georgia. This game is nuts.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

A complete and utter choke job by Ryan Day, who calls the plays for Ohio State. You just saw your kicker barely have the leg to make a 48-yarder just minutes earlier. You have Stroud slicing up their defense with his arm and his legs. Still 25 seconds left and 2 timeouts. You haven't ran very well all game with the running backs. So let's run it on first down and stall all of our momentum. The poor kicker, the 50 yarder was barely in his range at all, so he tried to really stripe it and duck-hooked it. It's unreal how stupid football coaches are with time management and general strategy. You're one nice completion away from a very manageable FG where the kicker, who is accurate, can simply stay within his mechanics and easily chip it through.

They are going to really rue this one for a long time. How do you get to the 30 with plenty of time left (and 2 timeouts!) and just settle like that? I'm not even an Ohio State fan, and I'm pissed off. I don't know how you get over something like that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject:

That was a really fun afternoon/evening of playoff football. Georgia’s going to have to step it up against TCU
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
A complete and utter choke job by Ryan Day, who calls the plays for Ohio State. You just saw your kicker barely have the leg to make a 48-yarder just minutes earlier. You have Stroud slicing up their defense with his arm and his legs. Still 25 seconds left and 2 timeouts. You haven't ran very well all game with the running backs. So let's run it on first down and stall all of our momentum. The poor kicker, the 50 yarder was barely in his range at all, so he tried to really stripe it and duck-hooked it. It's unreal how stupid football coaches are with time management and general strategy. You're one nice completion away from a very manageable FG where the kicker, who is accurate, can simply stay within his mechanics and easily chip it through.

They are going to really rue this one for a long time. How do you get to the 30 with plenty of time left (and 2 timeouts!) and just settle like that? I'm not even an Ohio State fan, and I'm pissed off. I don't know how you get over something like that.

I don’t know that it’s fair to say Taft missed kick falls squarely on the kicker. They were missing the long snapper and I think the placement may have been off. It sure seemed that way given the way the kicker immediately went to console the holder.

That said, you’re totally correct. Ohio’s play calling put them in a position to fail.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I was getting ready to post about Georgia choking at the end before the missed FG. LOL. When Georgia was in a hurry offense before their TD, I was thinking what are they doing? They'll be giving Ohio State plenty of time to take it down field to be in FG range, which they did. I thought for sure it was over. I didn't know that distance was barely in the kicker's range. Not a fan of either team so this was the first time seeing either team this year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I was getting ready to post about Georgia choking at the end before the missed FG. LOL. When Georgia was in a hurry offense before their TD, I was thinking what are they doing? They'll be giving Ohio State plenty of time to take it down field to be in FG range, which they did. I thought for sure it was over. I didn't know that distance was barely in the kicker's range. Not a fan of either team so this was the first time seeing either team this year.

Well Ohio State kicked a FG with, what, like 2:30 left to put them up by 6, a 48-yard FG, and it barely had enough to get over the crossbar. At most, it had 4-5 yards to spare. So on the 52-yard attempt at the end, it seemed to me like he knew he really had to drive it or it might come up short, so as can happen, he got out of his mechanics and just didn't come close to kicking it normally.

As for Georgia "scoring too early", in this case, I get it. You're down 6, you can't just assume you'll get the score you need. If the play's there, you have to take it. You can't try to just make Ohio State use their timeouts there with weak running plays, for example. That's how you end up in 3rd and 6 and now you're under the gun.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject:

I would think TCU is probably better than what their initial ranking coming into the playoffs indicates. Georgia wouldn't have made the championship game if the Ohio State kicker made that kick and they backed into the semifinal.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
it seemed to me like he knew he really had to drive it or it might come up short, so as can happen, he got out of his mechanics and just didn't come close to kicking it normally.

Otherwise known as my typical iron shot.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 55 of 77
Jump to: