College football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

UCLA was running all over LSU in the 4th quarter. They wore them down. LSU had a tough week being displaced with the hurricane, so that very well may have factored in. Still, it appears that UCLA is no longer a pushover. At least, for this year.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

UCLA was playing their second game and LSU was in their season opener. I think that may have helped UCLA some. Hard to tell how much though. A lot of UCLA teams in the past wouldn’t be competitive in this game.

LSU will play a couple of cupcakes next so they have some time to recover from this before playing another real game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
UCLA was running all over LSU in the 4th quarter. They wore them down. LSU had a tough week being displaced with the hurricane, so that very well may have factored in. Still, it appears that UCLA is no longer a pushover. At least, for this year.

I get that could have impacted LSU, but I have my doubts. Did you watch Tulane almost beat Oklahoma? Tulane had to deal with similar issues, and even had to play on the road when it was planned to be a home game. Tulane was driving for the win late in the 4th Quarter......against #2 Oklahoma.

I think it they played in 3 weeks on a neutral site, UCLA still wins without much problem.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

McKenzie Milton gets put in @ QB late for FSU against #9 Notre Dame....first time playing since ripping his knee to shreds in November 2018. He led FSU down the field for 2 scores (TD and FG) to get the game to overtime. ND won in OT with a FG....after FSU kicker missed a 26 yard FG.....

I am hoping Milton gets the start next week.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:04 am    Post subject:

Interesting Brian Kelly interview after the game. He said maybe his players should be executed and later said it was a joke. He always looks angry though so that’s why some people wouldn’t pick up on it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Interesting Brian Kelly interview after the game. He said maybe his players should be executed and later said it was a joke. He always looks angry though so that’s why some people wouldn’t pick up on it.

As soon as he said it, I knew the online mob would be excited to gin up faux outrage of being offended. It was basically a guy that is not funny, taking a hilarious John McKay response from the '70's and butchering it with terrible delivery. Should he have said it....probably not in regards to a college team, but he clearly was attempting to be humorous.

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1434840572087390208
C-BUS LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

As soon as he said it, I knew the online mob would be excited to gin up faux outrage of being offended. It was basically a guy that is not funny, taking a hilarious John McKay response from the '70's and butchering it with terrible delivery. Should he have said it....probably not in regards to a college team, but he clearly was attempting to be humorous.

As soon as he said it I knew the online warriors would be outraged. You could tell he wasn't serious in the interview. He just flubbed the John McKay line badly.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

C-BUS LAKERFAN wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

As soon as he said it I knew the online warriors would be outraged. You could tell he wasn't serious in the interview. He just flubbed the John McKay line badly.

Yeah, he definitely deserves to be condemned for his poor delivery.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Stanford steamrolling over USC at the Coliseum....how long before the USC fateful finally decide they need a new coach?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

USC was favored by 17 points yet Stanford broke their will. At the Coliseum.

I don't see Helton as the right guy, they have been prolonging the inevitable...the Trojans play a soft brand of football.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

Upsets of the week gotta go to Jacksonville St who beat Florida St on the last play.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
USC was favored by 17 points yet Stanford broke their will. At the Coliseum.

I don't see Helton as the right guy, they have been prolonging the inevitable...the Trojans play a soft brand of football.

Yep in the end the Stanford Cardinals were just walking into the end zone. The Trojans lost their will to fight. I'd be surprised if he isn't fired before the next game. Just look at the regression of their QB Slovis he'll never sniff the NFL with his mediocre play.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Upsets of the week gotta go to Jacksonville St who beat Florida St on the last play.

most embarrassing.....but I think the biggest upset was Oregon going into Columbus and beating Ohio State.

From what I have seen so far....and I have watched way too much college football the first few weeks....it is 'Bama and everyone else....even more so than most years. Ohio State and Oklahoma do not have the defense to play with Alabama.....and Clemson and Georgia do not have the offense to play with Alabama. As great of a game that Oregon played this weekend.....I think 'Bama would boat race them.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Lots of empty seats at the Coliseum.

LINK
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Lemme guess Urban Meyer is suddenly gonna feel ill and then show up at USC in a couple of weeks....
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Lots of empty seats at the Coliseum.

LINK

Coliseum looks nice....too bad the on field product is mediocre.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject:

After Stanford blew out USC, UCLA went up to Stanford and beat the Cardinal. Nice bounce-back after the loss to Fresno St. for my Bruins. It's looking like it's going to be a winning year for Chip Kelly, finally.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lemme guess Urban Meyer is suddenly gonna feel ill and then show up at USC in a couple of weeks....

It would seem to be a perfect fit for both parties.

Meyer would revitalize the program and obviously is ill suited to the NFL game where you can't out recruit the competition.

USC should have moved on him while they had the chance, now it is going to be a lot harder.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It would seem to be a perfect fit for both parties.

Meyer would revitalize the program and obviously is ill suited to the NFL game where you can't out recruit the competition.

USC should have moved on him while they had the chance, now it is going to be a lot harder.

USC fans were probably glad they got blown out so they don't have to worry about the university keeping the interim coach as the long term coach. Now that the program is hitting rock bottom they can swing for the fences and get a big name coach to revive the program. I do find the post-Caroll era fascinating in that USC kept on hiring his underlings hoping to revive the magic but let go the one coach whom the players wanted but let go and eventually won a national championship at another university (LSU).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

If WVU only had a QB.....just a decent one.....
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

No playoffs for the PAC-12 again. It’s embarrassing and really makes the PAC-12 look inferior.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Looks like both UCLA and USC are bad/average teams in the conference. UCLA beat LSU but has been inconsistent at best. USC is just bad at this point and their fans are probably hoping they make a good coaching hire.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/UtahRedZone/status/1447038217203564546/photo/1

USC football hit bottom yet?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Bama loses to unranked Texas A&M.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Wow Coach O gets nearly 17 million not to coach LSU for the rest of his contract.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32417460/ed-orgeron-return-coach-lsu-tigers-next-season-sources-say
I know LSU has had a big letdown after winning the national championship, but they better get a coach who can follow in his footsteps.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 47 of 77
Jump to: