Lakers in the News 11/09/15 - 11/15/15: Jordan Clarkson Has Been Impressive So Far This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject:

And probably for the 5th time in the past 5 years he's coached his team will be in the bottom 5 in defense again.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Plaschke is a douche. We get it that you wanted Okafor. Get over it and see how the young guys pan out in two years rather than acting like a child that lost his toy.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Alpha wrote:
thanks for all your hard work lakersfreak!

welcome

We don't thank you often enough for all this work. I really appreciate being able to see everything in one spot!
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Byron Scott pleased with team’s progress
by Abbey Mastracco - dailynews.com

Just call him Coach Kobe.

At some point during the Lakers’ five-game road trip – a trip in which their only win came against the one-win Brooklyn Nets – Kobe Bryant noticed head coach Byron Scott was upset. He decided to approach the coach on the team plane to try and calm him down. “He came over and said, ‘You look like you’re going to kill somebody,’” Scott said at Saturday’s practice. “I said, ‘I’m just so frustrated.’ We all were frustrated.”

But Bryant succeeded in putting his coach at ease. The road trip didn’t result in a stellar record, but it did show Scott that the team is making strides.

Now, the challenge for Scott is to be as patient as Bryant.

“I know a lot of people aren’t happy with the record where we are, but I’m happy with the progress that we’re making, especially on (the defensive) end of the floor,” Scott said. “That was the main objective coming into this season, it was to form an identity on the defensive end and let everything else kind of take care of itself.”

The one thing the Lakers (1-8) are not taking care of is the basketball. L.A. turned the ball over 20 times in Friday’s loss in Dallas and averaged 14.75 turnovers in the four losses on the trip. Scott says that’s not necessarily a negative thing. Overall, he liked the way the team moved the ball on the trip.

Part of it is youth and part of it is trust, but either way, it’s an issue that Scott says can be fixed.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20151114/win-column-aside-la-lakers-byron-scott-pleased-with-teams-progress
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

The Case For Playing Anthony Brown
by Hannah Kulik - lakeshowlife.com

Anthony Brown has all but disappeared since the season began but if this season is really about developing the Lakers youth, there’s no reason for him not to be playing.

Anthony Brown made very brief fourth quarter appearances in two blow-out losses, but otherwise, he has not played at all through nine games. Depriving Brown of playing time is an enormous mistake that needs to be corrected.

As Lakers fans know by now, Brown played four years of college basketball at Stanford, where he consistently made better than 44 percent of his 3-point shots, led his team in rebounding, and was second in assists. Brown is also considered an excellent wing defender, which is one of the Lakers’ biggest weaknesses.

When the preseason began, no one knew if Brown would be in the rotation at all. He barely played in early preseason games, but when Kobe Bryant was injured, Brown suddenly found himself in the starting line-up for the last five preseason games. His confidence grew with each improved performance.

In the final preseason game against the Golden State Warriors, he was the lone bright spot for the Lakers, scoring 14 points, making five of six shots overall, three for three from behind the arc. Ordinarily, in the final preseason game, teams go with the rotation they intend to use at the start of the season, so there was every reason to believe Brown would see plenty of action in the regular season, even after Bryant returned.

With that in mind, it hasn’t happened. For all intents and purposes, he has not played at all.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/11/14/lakers-case-playing-anthony-brown/
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:

At some point during the Lakers’ five-game road trip – a trip in which their only win came against the one-win Brooklyn Nets – Kobe Bryant noticed head coach Byron Scott was upset. He decided to approach the coach on the team plane to try and calm him down. “He came over and said, ‘You look like you’re going to kill somebody,’” Scott said at Saturday’s practice. “I said, ‘I’m just so frustrated.’ We all were frustrated.”

But Bryant succeeded in putting his coach at ease. The road trip didn’t result in a stellar record, but it did show Scott that the team is making strides.

“I know a lot of people aren’t happy with the record where we are, but I’m happy with the progress that we’re making, especially on (the defensive) end of the floor,” Scott said. “That was the main objective coming into this season, it was to form an identity on the defensive end and let everything else kind of take care of itself.”

The one thing the Lakers (1-8) are not taking care of is the basketball. L.A. turned the ball over 20 times in Friday’s loss in Dallas and averaged 14.75 turnovers in the four losses on the trip. Scott says that’s not necessarily a negative thing. Overall, he liked the way the team moved the ball on the trip.

Part of it is youth and part of it is trust, but either way, it’s an issue that Scott says can be fixed.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20151114/win-column-aside-la-lakers-byron-scott-pleased-with-teams-progress

He's pleased?

He's got low standards. Hope this team turns it around.

Bye.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

He's pleased?

Bye.

He's in self-preservation mode. So now he's going to start selling the media and fans on why he should keep his job. So of course he thinks there's progress.
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
gumby wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

He's pleased?

Bye.

He's in self-preservation mode. So now he's going to start selling the media and fans on why he should keep his job. So of course he thinks there's progress.

So Kobe talks to him and makes him feel better..lol
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson Has Been Impressive So Far This Season
by Brendan Patel - rantsports.com

The Los Angeles Lakers have not gotten off to a good start this season, and have seen a lot of players struggle. Julius Randle has had some very good games mixed in with some bad games, D’Angelo Russell is still adjusting to the speed of the game, and Kobe Bryant has had trouble with his shooting. One player that has played well so far is Jordan Clarkson, who is arguably the team’s best player at the moment.

At the start of the season, it was unclear how Clarkson would fit in with Russell playing point guard and Bryant returning from injury. The team also brought in Lou Williams, a streaky guard who is more comfortable playing with the ball in his hands. Yet Clarkson has adapted, and shown a lot of improvement in his game. He is confident when on the court, and has not shied away from the spotlight.

Clarkson’s outside shot has looked good so far, and he is shooting over 40 percent from deep. He continues to attack the basket and gets good shots in the paint, although he must continue to work on his decision making when getting by his defender. His movement off the ball is impressive, and he seems more willing to come off of screens looking to score.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2015/11/15/los-angeles-lakers-jordan-clarkson-has-been-impressive-so-far-this-season/
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Alpha wrote:

welcome

We don't thank you often enough for all this work. I really appreciate being able to see everything in one spot!

Thanks for the kind words, just trying to earn my keep around here
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
SweetP wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Alpha wrote:

welcome

Yes - thanks for the research and hard work - greatly appreciated
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

He's pleased?

Bye.

Scott has been an utter diappointment this year, but I think it is fair to acknowledge that the team has played better in last games.

So, indeed, the progress is there.

Will it continue and yield more wins?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
gumby wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

He's pleased?

Bye.

Scott has been an utter diappointment this year, but I think it is fair to acknowledge that the team has played better in last games.

So, indeed, the progress is there.

Will it continue and yield more wins?

This team should be able to get to a record of atleast 32-50. At the rate they're going it's looking like 12-70
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
SweetP wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Alpha wrote:

welcome

Yes - thanks for the research and hard work - greatly appreciated

Thanks, happy to help
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
SweetP wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Alpha wrote:

welcome

Well dammit here's some more kinds words for you. Every time I look on the site and see another current article it makes for an easy, enjoyable read. Like with DB's summaries. Really good, appreciate it.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
SweetP wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Alpha wrote:

welcome

Well dammit here's some more kinds words for you. Every time I look on the site and see another current article it makes for an easy, enjoyable read. Like with DB's summaries. Really good, appreciate it.

Welcome
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: