LAKERS -at- PACERS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:

After the comeback over Toronto and Kobe's incredible "will them to win" performance, I never thought I'd turn a game off before the end as I ALMOST did with the Toronto game at halftime. But this ... this was awful and YES ... I did turn it off. Being an East Coaster, I finally decided that sleep was more important than watching such a painful game and at 90 to something I gave up ... as it appeared our entire team did.

OK ... all you Odom haters ... go right ahead. I will not be defending him until Friday night when HOPEFULLY the entire team comes to play. Hell ... this might be the last thing I even read about basketball for the next 24 hours. SO have at him ... he deserves it after last night. I doubt he could have thrown the proverbial pea in the ocean last night.

DAMN! I so enjoyed the Knicks game that it made this one an even worse letdown than I thought possible.

DB - don't bother. Save your energy for something more exciting than that game ... like watching grass grow.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

Well, I don't feel so bad that I missed this game, sounds like it was just awful.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

I had no idea that brickitis was contageous. The Knicks passed it on to the Lakers.

Flat out effortless performance. Must be an adrenaline hang over, lethargic beginning to end.

Just awful!
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

No worries DB don't stress yourself over these clowns.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- PACERS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Lakers -- -- Still thinking about their last game and replaying the highlights in their heads.

DB -- -- Arrggggh!

(I've got notes on about 2/3 the game... I may post something later if I get over the burn out. Until then, feel free to vent, comment, do your own smilies, etc. here.)

don't bother. thanks anyways DB
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

seriously, we have got to be the least effective team outta timeouts. we never score after phil finally burns a timeout. i think the players are so shocked that phil called timeout that they lose focus on the following play.
i never thought we were gonna score again after point # 28.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

alcstarheel wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
The beauty of having a DVR...down by 20 I put it on 70x speed, the rest of that suck fest went by quick
Word! thank god for tivo!!! Made it quick and relatively painless!

This is your 666th post

ALCS
Woah! Hadn't noticed that! I'm in league with the devil! Guess I fit right in!
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- PACERS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Lakers -- -- Still thinking about their last game and replaying the highlights in their heads.

DB -- -- Arrggggh!

(I've got notes on about 2/3 the game... I may post something later if I get over the burn out. Until then, feel free to vent, comment, do your own smilies, etc. here.)

I don't blame ya, DB! Too many negatives and life is too short! Those of us who saw it don't want to remember it, and those that didn't see it, aren't missing anything!
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

#32MaGiC wrote:
seriously, we have got to be the least effective team outta timeouts. we never score after phil finally burns a timeout. i think the players are so shocked that phil called timeout that they lose focus on the following play.

Not that I feel like defending our team after a loss like last night but ... as I recall it was a timeout and perfectly executed play that tied Golden State and sent that game into overtime and victory.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

Playoff teams beat bad teams.

Without O'Neal, Indiana is a bad team.

Have to let it go now.
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject:

DB.... Take the game off. Hell....the Lakers sure did.
indy_dave00
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:

Last night the Pacers controlled the boards as 3 players Stojakovic 13 , Foster 13, Granger 12 posted double figure rebounding nights and backup center Harrison grabbed 9 boards.

It was if the Lakers quit after the Pacer run just prior to halftime. Lamar Odom looked far worse than I'd seen him look in a long time.Kwame Brown did nothing .

Guess the Lakers figured no Jermaine- Tinsley or Croshere it was going to be an easy game- those are the types that come back to bite you.

Talk after Peja scored 26 and grabbed 13 boards was - glad Lakers refused to give up Odom for Artest and Croshere. Curious after Laker fans watched Fred Jones , still think he's no better than your backup guards?

Danny Granger played well to 14 points 12 boards off the bench. Was good to see Bynum get a little playing time , but I had to question Kobe playing with 4 minutes left down 25 , he's the franchise why risk an injury in a lost game??

Good luck on the rest of the road trip.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Was good to see Bynum get a little playing time , but I had to question Kobe playing with 4 minutes left down 25 , he's the franchise why risk an injury in a lost game??

It's the Bynum-Kobe connection
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

#32MaGiC wrote:

Something I noticed at the game that I've never seen watching the teleplay is that Phil doesn't actually spend time with the players during most timeouts. He huddles up with his assistants and draws pictures on a clipboard while the players watch the goofy ass entertainment happening on the floor. Glad they didn't miss that lady barfing in her hands after the chicken wing eating contest.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Lakers fall down, go boom By Ross Siler

Lakers fall down, go boom
Quote:
"That was tough," said Odom, who finished with 10 points on 4-of-12 shooting. "I didn't really want to jump or lift my arms. … It would have been easier just to sit out, but this is the time when we have to start showing spirit and unity amongst each other."
Quote:
The Lakers shot a franchise-worst 29.4 percent in a November 2004 game at Utah.

Only an alley-oop dunk by rookie center Andrew Bynum and a jumper by rookie guard Von Wafer in the final minute saved the Lakers from that bit of history.
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Question: where's the tough veteran leadership to keep the lakers focused? outside of kobe of course.

Answer: the tough veteran leadership is wearing non-laker jerseys.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I started to wonder if everyone had gone to Smush Parker's house for dinner, and got food poisoning, or something... Phil mentioned the trip from Indiana... It did look like a bad case of jet-lag, combined with a lack of sleep... The Lakers must have been seeing two baskets, instead of one... They couldn't sleep on the plane, so, I guess they decided to do it on the court...
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

He huddles up with his assistants and draws pictures on a clipboard

what the hell is he doing? playing pictionary?
expertla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:

good call db - there is no point. put it out of your head, and take the game off.

I agree 1000%! I have absolutely no desire to remember one thing about this horrible game. This one is best forgotten and never be remembered again.

Great night to take off.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

indy_dave00 wrote:
Last night the Pacers controlled the boards as 3 players Stojakovic 13 , Foster 13, Granger 12 posted double figure rebounding nights and backup center Harrison grabbed 9 boards.

It was if the Lakers quit after the Pacer run just prior to halftime. Lamar Odom looked far worse than I'd seen him look in a long time.Kwame Brown did nothing .

Guess the Lakers figured no Jermaine- Tinsley or Croshere it was going to be an easy game- those are the types that come back to bite you.

Talk after Peja scored 26 and grabbed 13 boards was - glad Lakers refused to give up Odom for Artest and Croshere. Curious after Laker fans watched Fred Jones , still think he's no better than your backup guards?

Danny Granger played well to 14 points 12 boards off the bench. Was good to see Bynum get a little playing time , but I had to question Kobe playing with 4 minutes left down 25 , he's the franchise why risk an injury in a lost game??

Good luck on the rest of the road trip.

I counted about six insults or backhanded "compliments" in your post.

The Pacers are going nowhere in a hurry. And have been nowhere in the past either.

Win something, once, then post on the board of the greatest franchise in all of professional sports.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Lanny,

Easy boy. Let go of that nice man's leg. That's right, unclamp those massive bulldog jaws, all quiet like.

Goood boy. Niiiice doggy.

Now, see that man over there, the tall one with the portfolio that says "Laker GM" on it?

Attack him. No prisoners.

SGH
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
Lanny,

Easy boy. Let go of that nice man's leg. That's right, unclamp those massive bulldog jaws, all quiet like.

Goood boy. Niiiice doggy.

Now, see that man over there, the tall one with the portfolio that says "Laker GM" on it?

Attack him. No prisoners.

SGH

Good point SGH

Someone isn't taking the end of the Lakers (latest) dynasty well. Don't worry, I will get back to doing what I do best (complaining about the officiating) soon enough.

I guess we will just have to live with the 2000 NBA title over Indiana while Indy Dave and those he "talks" with (the talk around town line from his post did irritate me, I admit that) can enjoy the more meaningful regular season win of Feb. 1, 2006. Much rather have that over a NBA title, silly me.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
#32MaGiC wrote:

Not that I feel like defending our team after a loss like last night but ... as I recall it was a timeout and perfectly executed play that tied Golden State and sent that game into overtime and victory.

i'm talking about during the game not at the end. the brillance of kobe being clutch has nothing to do with phil calling a timeout at the end of the game. during the first,second, and third quarters we generally don't score coming outta timeouts. we usually don't even take a high percentage shot either.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

I hear you, Lanny.

I was really in a foul mood after the Indy game. The lakers imply did not compete. Someone wrote recently that behind the scenes, it was lamar who was the leader of the team. That WOULD explain the often lacksadaisical play this team shows. It wasn't that they played poorly -- it was that they were seemingly going through the motions (which is not unprecedented for a PJ-led team).

I can't recall the lakers of recent memory rallying the way the Pacers have in the last two years. That franchise has been gutted by Ron-Ron and bad injuries, but they still come out and compete.

It's puzzling. Sometimes the Lakers play like they think they're better than they are. But this team's margin of error is razor-thin.

As I've said for a couple of years now, Kobe must be extremely P.O.
at the way management has simply not done the job. This team is still weak defensively on the perimeter; still lacks dependable shooters; still lacks a dependable second scorer; still lacks shotblocking; still lacks top-notch ball-handlers. It goes on and on. Yeah, Bynum, may turn out to be a nice player. But that could be years away. Meanwhile? You got me.

SGH
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

DB,

I guess you called the mercy rule. There is mercy in not recapping that game. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. It was just one of those nights we all want to forget.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: