-- The 2015 NBA Playoffs Game Thread -- (Matchups Set, Page 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 713, 714, 715, 716, 717  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
24 wrote:
Favorite tweet of the night:

"Curry is the first player born in Akron to win a title in Cleveland".

Ouch.

YES YES YES. I am loving it all.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

Real Talk now: how did Mark Jackson react to this in the broadcast?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Real Talk now: how did Mark Jackson react to this in the broadcast?

First few games I thought he was hating on the Warriors. I don't know if that was intentional, as if he was trying to overcompensate for bias (because I do feel like he still loves the players on that team, not so much the management ). But game 6, he seemed to be saying good things about the Warriors, like either people have told him he's being a hater, or he could finally relax since the end was at hand.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

I take no pleasure in GS winning, but hearing/seeing Lebron miserable brings me joy
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I honestly feel that Lebron did his team a huge disservice by not laying all on the line last night during the 2nd half. The Cavs were only down by 2 at the half and even managed to grab the lead early in the 3rd. However, Lebron was extremely passive in that 3rd quarter and didn't even attempt to ramp it up. I understand that he may have been tired, but he clearly didn't push himself to the limit. He mentally checked out. He tried to turn it up a bit in the 4th, but by the end of the 4th, he was content to let JR try to shoot the Cavs back into the game. I was very disappointed in the way he played the 2nd half. I think that alone might've cost him the FMVP.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
I honestly feel that Lebron did his team a huge disservice by not laying all on the line last night during the 2nd half. The Cavs were only down by 2 at the half and even managed to grab the lead early in the 3rd. However, Lebron was extremely passive in that 3rd quarter and didn't even attempt to ramp it up. I understand that he may have been tired, but he clearly didn't push himself to the limit. He mentally checked out. He tried to turn it up a bit in the 4th, but by the end of the 4th, he was content to let JR try to shoot the Cavs back into the game. I was very disappointed in the way he played the 2nd half. I think that alone might've cost him the FMVP.

The tell tale sign for me that he was done after Game 5 was when at his press conference, though not even asked about anything tangential to it, he spouted that he was the "best player in the world." Now, that's probably not disputed, but to me, that was a point of reflection as if the series was over and he wanted history to remember how he felt about it.

This was similar to when after the 2011 Mavs loss, Lebron famously told us that we would all go back to our crappy lives. I sensed that same tone and defeat in his voice.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

what a wonderful day!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

The tell tale sign for me that he was done after Game 5 was when at his press conference, though not even asked about anything tangential to it, he spouted that he was the "best player in the world." Now, that's probably not disputed, but to me, that was a point of reflection as if the series was over and he wanted history to remember how he felt about it.

This was similar to when after the 2011 Mavs loss, Lebron famously told us that we would all go back to our crappy lives. I sensed that same tone and defeat in his voice.

Thank you! That's the point I tried to make in another thread. It wasn't that the statement was untrue, it's that the statement was a weird response to the question that he was asked. I think that's why so many commentators reacted to it because instead of coming off as confident it really came off as defensive. And since he didn't answer the question the guy who asked him look taken aback and had to ask the question a second time.

Looking at his press conference again just now he just seemed really worn down and unhappy. I hope LeBron can take some time this summer and get his mental back together.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Thank you! That's the point I tried to make in another thread. It wasn't that the statement was untrue, it's that the statement was a weird response to the question that he was asked. I think that's why so many commentators reacted to it because instead of coming off as confident it really came off as defensive. And since he didn't answer the question the guy who asked him look taken aback and had to ask the question a second time.

Looking at his press conference again just now he just seemed really worn down and unhappy. I hope LeBron can take some time this summer and get his mental back together.

He knew it was over by then.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

So Lebron is a sore loser
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

No. He knew it was over.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Just one ESPN hack could mention the quality of the eastern conference. Does lebron do all that in the western conference?

The "conference quality" argument doesn't have much merit for most IMO. Never heard it in the 80s (for the West). Don't recall hearing it in other sports either.

In the 80's you had Stockton/Malone, Olajuwon/Sampson, Drexler/Porter, English/Lever, Aguirre/Blackmon, etc. out West.

The best players on the teams that the Cavs just beat are Avery Bradley, Jimmy Butler, & Al Horford. Jesus (bleep) Christ.

I know you remember how bad the Pacific Division was every year. I mean just putrid. Lakers had at least 15 wins before the season started with the awful Clippers, garbage Kings and halfway decent Warriors. They got better towards the end of the decade. If it weren't for the Blazers and Suns, they'd probably finish undefeated in the division. Hell, they were a guaranteed 12-0 just in the state. Blazers were decent but 42-40 records won't cut it. They won the division by like 20 games every year. Can't forget about Seattle and their back to back to back 30 win seasons. Just horrible.

I remember clearly and not sure how that's remotely a consideration when playoff seeding is a conference based and not division based. Who gives a (bleep) how bad the division was. Taht doesn't change a single thing GT siad.

Some of you guys try way, WAY too hard with the "I'm so un-biased" schtick it's lame.

Just being real. Division was brutal. Division winner got a top two seed. Not hard winning that train wreck. Not to mention that good ol' first round bye in the early 80s. Cake walks to the finals. Don't mind it. Just telling it how it is. I'll try to be ore biased next time.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
I honestly wonder if sefolosha wasn't out for the season to guard ledouche, do the cavs even win the east? Thabo a lot like iggy at least defensively,,,

The Hawks were toast even with Sefolosha. Cavs were the no-brainer pick to make the Finals before the season.

Take away the long streak, pretty average squad. Just couldn't hit those shots when they mattered. They needed that run in the playoffs.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

No. He knew it was over.

Even though he knew it was over, he's still a pretty damn sore loser. Walks off the court the first time with the Cavs when they lost to the Celtics stating that he didn't want to shake hands and congratulate them because if he did that it would be like thanking someone for kicking your ass. Twisted logic. He then makes the statement a few years later after losing in the Finals about people having to wake up to crappy lives while he goes on and lives a luxurious life, even though that may be true, it doesn't need to be said because its a dick thing to say. This year, "I'm the best player in the world" and the look he gave accompanying that statement was like something out of barbershop like he was saying "No he di-in't"

Dude may have known it was over but there's better ways to handle it without coming across like, "Its not my fault that these guys just aren't as talented, look what I have to deal with here, who would win a finals with this sad pile of crap crew I've got wiping my butt here.."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

I would hope so, who wants a happy loser. Klay Thompson disappeared in the Finals.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Klay Thompson disappeared in the Finals.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I would hope so, who wants a happy loser. Klay Thompson disappeared in the Finals.

After the 34, he was Casper. The experience will be nice because I think next time, he'll be fine. Shumpert just stayed on him like his jersey.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

After the 34, he was Casper. The experience will be nice because I think next time, he'll be fine. Shumpert just stayed on him like his jersey.

That's kind of the scary part about this Warriors team. They won despite there being some jitters/big stage issues that a lot of young teams face the first time around.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Iguodala wasn’t able to shut down LeBron, but he clung to him like a multi-limbed, frenetic, tireless cheap suit, allowing the Warriors to resist the temptation to send extra defenders his way. James still averaged a whopping 36 points, 13 rebounds, and 8.3 assists in 46 minutes per game, but over the course of the series, with Iguodala on the court, LeBron shot 38 percent and the Cavs were -55. When he sat, LeBron shot 44 percent and the Cavs were +30.

He wasn’t just a LeBron stopper in the Warriors' three series-ending wins

Iguodala put forth a 20-7-4 line with only one total turnover, nailed countless clutch threes, and often served as the primary pick and roll ball-handler, as the Warriors’ wondrous offensive machine slowly but surely roared back to life.

Amazingly enough, the idea came not from Kerr, but rather from Nick U’Ren, a 28-year-old assistant, who had been scouring game film from last year’s Finals and “noticed that the Spurs swung their series against the Heat by plugging small forward Boris Diaw into the starting lineup. U’Ren called [Assistant Coach Luke] Walton and suggested doing the same with Iguodala. At 3 a.m., they texted Kerr, and the staff reached a consensus over breakfast.”

“He’s behind the bench, he’s 28 years old, he’s a kid,” Kerr explained to Yahoo Sports’ Marc J. Spears. “We have a staff that is very cooperative. Whoever has the idea, it doesn’t matter. And he brought me the idea.”

Outside of Gregg Popovich’s Spurs, this just doesn’t happen. Video assistants don’t get to pitch the man in charge, let alone get the credit, and the vast majority of head coaches are far too small-c conservative and risk-averse to even contemplate such a move, let alone admit that he lied about it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/17/risk-taking-steve-kerr-forged-the-perfect-team.html

Last edited by saetarubia on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

That's kind of the scary part about this Warriors team. They won despite there being some jitters/big stage issues that a lot of young teams face the first time around.

Look at th West. I really dont see anyone getting in their way. The clippers or Spurs perhaps. Sad they were both going against one another in the first round. They caught many breaks and they were probably the most healthiest team.

Kevin Love missed close to 15 playoff games. Klay and Steph missed 15 games all season.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
Iguodala wasn’t able to shut down LeBron, but he clung to him like a multi-limbed, frenetic, tireless cheap suit, allowing the Warriors to resist the temptation to send extra defenders his way. James still averaged a whopping 36 points, 13 rebounds, and 8.3 assists in 46 minutes per game, but over the course of the series, with Iguodala on the court, LeBron shot 38 percent and the Cavs were -55. When he sat, LeBron shot 44 percent and the Cavs were +30.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/17/risk-taking-steve-kerr-forged-the-perfect-team.html

James got his but the difference is he had to work for it, hence that brutal FG%. Imagine those numbers while shooting 47-50%. Means more shot opportunities and increased scoring, something the desperately needed. If you make a player work more than he has to, most times you've won the battle.

Anyone seen Dellavedova ?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

No. He knew it was over.

Dude gave up. There's no excuse for that. Not when you're playing game 6 at home and had a chance to push it to game 7. People knock Kobe for being passive in the 2nd half of game 7 against Phoenix, but his team was down 15 at the half on the road.

Lebron's team was down 2 at the half, and it was his passiveness that allowed GS to build up a double digit lead. It's inexcusable especially when you consider that he was playing in front of his home crowd.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Look at th West. I really dont see anyone getting in their way. The clippers or Spurs perhaps. Sad they were both going against one another in the first round. They caught many breaks and they were probably the most healthiest team.

Kevin Love missed close to 15 playoff games. Klay and Steph missed 15 games all season.

I have OKC winning the West next season assuming health.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I have OKC winning the West next season assuming health.

OKC, Clippers, & Houston should all be right there next year, assuming DeAndre Jordan stays.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Curry is the most popular player in the league. Hope that trend continues and lebron fades into the sunset so ESPN has no legs to stand on.

He's the current fad and yes is good enough to be one of the faces of the league but he won't polarize people like LeBron, Kobe have either.

You need that to sell a sport

While I like Curry he's always upstaged by the women in his family if its not his mom its his daughter.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 713, 714, 715, 716, 717  Next
Page 714 of 717
Jump to: