Better Call Saul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Liked the decision not to enter the courtroom and go down that road. He is who he is... Looks like he's finally accepted it. Who was Mike talking on the phone with in the ticket booth? Maybe some foreshadowing going on there? Hmm. I enjoyed this first season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Marco's ring was a reminder to Jimmy who he really is.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I must've missed it. What ring are you talking about?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

At Marco's funeral he was outside the church. A guy came out to have a smoke. Jimmy asked him for one and the ring was noticed by the guy. He said nice ring, did it belong to Marco. Jimmy said it was his, Marco's mother gave it to him, Then he twisted it on his finger.

Just before he went into the courthouse and changed his mind, he twisted it again. It reminded him of Marco and who he really is, Slipping Jimmy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

^ I was thinking the same thing. Part of me wants to see a spin off of this spin off to see how Jimmy would've ended up if he went down the other path...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

At Marco's funeral he was outside the church. A guy came out to have a smoke. Jimmy asked him for one and the ring was noticed by the guy. He said nice ring, did it belong to Marco. Jimmy said it was his, Marco's mother gave it to him, Then he twisted it on his finger.

Just before he went into the courthouse and changed his mind, he twisted it again. It reminded him of Marco and who he really is, Slipping Jimmy.

Well eff me...I turned it off after Marco passed thinking it was over...
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Well eff me...I turned it off after Marco passed thinking it was over...

W T F LOL

you missed a very significant part of the finale.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Never turn a good show off until you see credits rollin man.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Liked the decision not to enter the courtroom and go down that road. He is who he is... Looks like he's finally accepted it. Who was Mike talking on the phone with in the ticket booth? Maybe some foreshadowing going on there? Hmm. I enjoyed this first season.

I don't know who, but I bet it has something to do with THIS GUY.

Kiss my Converse.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject:

BRILLIANT end to the season! There is this incredibly palpable loneliness built into every character on the show...Marco had it the worst and you just knew he was dead when he started doing the heart attack cough.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I think we're a long way from there. Here's an interview with one of the head honchos.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/better-call-saul-co-creator-we-like-saul-goodman-but-we-love-jimmy-mcgill?ModPagespeed=noscript

Evidently, they planned Jimmy's transformation into Saul to occur much quicker (and most likely introduce more criminal elements into the show as a result). Jimmy/Mike/Chuck's back story seemed to have evolved with so much more depth than anticipated so they're spending more time on everyone's back story. Great decision imo.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject:

Didn't even realize that was the season finale.

Just in time for GoT to take the reigns.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

At first, I thought Jimmy was going to just leave Marco hanging in the alley. But then he showed up and not only went along with the scam but showed genuine concern for his friend once he realized he was really in trouble. Marco died happy. I really enjoyed watching the small-time scams they pulled. Some classic stuff.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

By the way guys, if anyone wants to buy a bridge
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Nope. It can't be Gus. We know from BB that "Saul" never met Gus. The closest connection that can be made to between Saul & Gus is through Tuco, which is why I suspect they introduced Tuco so early in this series. The connection between Gus and Tuco ONLY comes through the fact that Tuco is Hector Salamanca's nephew. Prior to Gus having a sitdown in the trailer with Hector, he had no connection to Tuco. At the point that Tucos met Jesse after Jesse stepped on his toes by selling in Tuco's territory - Saul Goodman had not even entered the picture yet. Saul enters the picture after Badger get's arrested and Walter poses as Badgers uncle.

We also know when Mike comes in contact with Gus, and that's well after Saul Goodman is already practicing law in the strip mall. At this point, the only one that makes sense of who he was talking to on the phone is Declan, who we know for certain Mike already had a relationship with PRIOR to their meeting in the desert to buy the methlamine. I'd bet good money this is setting up how those 2 first came in contact with each other.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

The Kennedy half dollar scene was just masterful. Perfectly written, perfectly acted.

I wouldn't say it's the best episode of the season, but it was a very nice finale to a great season. Can't wait for next year.

Someone mentioned it above, but it seems like a really long time ago that we met those two skateboarders. And it's only been 13 episodes. So many things have happened, but it doesn't feel rushed.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Nope. It can't be Gus. We know from BB that "Saul" never met Gus. The closest connection that can be made to between Saul & Gus is through Tuco, which is why I suspect they introduced Tuco so early in this series. The connection between Gus and Tuco ONLY comes through the fact that Tuco is Hector Salamanca's nephew. Prior to Gus having a sitdown in the trailer with Hector, he had no connection to Tuco. At the point that Tucos met Jesse after Jesse stepped on his toes by selling in Tuco's territory - Saul Goodman had not even entered the picture yet. Saul enters the picture after Badger get's arrested and Walter poses as Badgers uncle.

We also know when Mike comes in contact with Gus, and that's well after Saul Goodman is already practicing law in the strip mall. At this point, the only one that makes sense of who he was talking to on the phone is Declan, who we know for certain Mike already had a relationship with PRIOR to their meeting in the desert to buy the methlamine. I'd bet good money this is setting up how those 2 first came in contact with each other.

Are you sure about that? From what I remember, Saul was able to make contact with Gus through Mike. The when and how Mike got to know Gus was never revealed in BB. Whatever the case, I think Gus will eventually be integrated into the series and it'll probably be solely through Mike's eyes.

Kiss my Converse.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Didn't Gus die with half his face missing?

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Are you sure about that? From what I remember, Saul was able to make contact with Gus through Mike. The when and how Mike got to know Gus was never revealed in BB. Whatever the case, I think Gus will eventually be integrated into the series and it'll probably be solely through Mike's eyes.

You are correct. We don't know exactly when Mike & Gus meet. We only know that it was sometime before the 2 Salamanca hitmen show up at Walters house to carry out a hit on him and then Mike contacts Gus and Gus sets up a meeting with Hector Salamanca at the trailer. Mike took Jesse with him to that meet and gave Jesse a gun "Just in Case". So I suppose it's conceivable that they can create a reason for Mike to introduce Gus to Saul prior to Saul having contact with Walter.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I always thought Mike get to meet Gus through Nacho. Nacho might be working as a side job for Gus under Tuco's nose.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Didn't Gus die with half his face missing?

Yes, in an episode named with a double entendre.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Just guessing here, but I'd say a pre-stroke Hector Salamanca makes an appearance here, and perhaps is critical to the connection between Saul and Gus.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Just guessing here, but I'd say a pre-stroke Hector Salamanca makes an appearance here, and perhaps is critical to the connection between Saul and Gus.

Oh...good call.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The Kennedy half dollar scene was just masterful. Perfectly written, perfectly acted.

I wouldn't say it's the best episode of the season, but it was a very nice finale to a great season. Can't wait for next year.

Someone mentioned it above, but it seems like a really long time ago that we met those two skateboarders. And it's only been 13 episodes. So many things have happened, but it doesn't feel rushed.

There's actually only 8 episodes that separate them. They last were in episode 2 and the finale was episode 10.

A metric (bleep)-ton has happened in between.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

There's actually only 8 episodes that separate them. They last were in episode 2 and the finale was episode 10.

A metric (bleep)-ton has happened in between.

Holy crap, you're right. The #13 was stuck in my head because I now remember reading that season 2 will consist of 13 episodes. But yeah, for 10 episodes, it's remarkable how much information and how many compelling characters were introduced.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17
Jump to: