Shabbaz Napier
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I got my first real look at Shabazz during the tourney. I really like his game, and I don't just give out compliments that easily. What I liked was his ability to get into the paint, with what look like could be Chris Paul-esque handles. He may very well be an elite ball handler at the next level. Secondly, I saw his ability to find teammates in good position once he made his initial penetration into the lane.

This said, I haven't had a chance to completely scout his personal offensive repertoire. I do know that he'll be able to get himself shots and get to the basket, but I'll have to find more game film of him to analyze his game more.

Very interesting prospect.

Please do not use Chris Paul and Shabazz Napier in the same sentence. He is no where near CP3. He has Kemba Walker-esque handles.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

threetimechamps wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
I got my first real look at Shabazz during the tourney. I really like his game, and I don't just give out compliments that easily. What I liked was his ability to get into the paint, with what look like could be Chris Paul-esque handles. He may very well be an elite ball handler at the next level. Secondly, I saw his ability to find teammates in good position once he made his initial penetration into the lane.

This said, I haven't had a chance to completely scout his personal offensive repertoire. I do know that he'll be able to get himself shots and get to the basket, but I'll have to find more game film of him to analyze his game more.

Please do not use Chris Paul and Shabazz Napier in the same sentence. He is no where near CP3. He has Kemba Walker-esque handles.

Yeah. Shabazz isn't CP3. But like I've said, Napier would be a great backup PG.
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
threetimechamps wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

Yeah. Shabazz isn't CP3. But like I've said, Napier would be a great backup PG.

I agree he would be a good backup PG if he could get through the season. The small guards in a Dantoni system do not seem to be able to last a full season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I'll take Shabazz any day on my team. All heart.
Alleyhoops
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Napier completely exhausted himself tonight. As a die-hard Bruin fan, it's laughable that Kyle Anderson is considered a lottery pick when Napier's projected in the late first round. There's no comparison. Shabazz is arguably the best player in the nation. His upper body shooting mechanics are near identical to Steph Curry. But, he is also a lock down defender, has great handles and commands the offense on the floor. His intensity is off the charts. I would love to have him in purple and gold.

One earlier mock draft has him going to the Spurs. That is my worst nightmare.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I am sure both Anderson and Napier are projected around the same place in the draft - late 1st, early 2nd round. Anderson has value as a Boris Diaw type. Napier projects as backup PG. Makes sense that their draft stock falls around the same place.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Alleyhoops wrote:
Napier completely exhausted himself tonight. As a die-hard Bruin fan, it's laughable that Kyle Anderson is considered a lottery pick when Napier's projected in the late first round. There's no comparison. Shabazz is arguably the best player in the nation. His upper body shooting mechanics are near identical to Steph Curry. But, he is also a lock down defender, has great handles and commands the offense on the floor. His intensity is off the charts. I would love to have him in purple and gold.

While napier is a great player he is not athletic to do real damage in the league he is a DJ Augustine/Isiah Thomas but no where near a lottery pick Exum Smart Ennis and Andrew Harrison will be chosen before him, hes too small and it could bother him at the next level
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Money23 wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

While napier is a great player he is not athletic to do real damage in the league he is a DJ Augustine/Isiah Thomas but no where near a lottery pick Exum Smart Ennis and Andrew Harrison will be chosen before him, hes too small and it could bother him at the next level

Does it hurt cp3 on defense? Napier can still be a major pest on defense. Dj augustin is not a defender and remember last year on the pacers against Miami? He was frozen and scared to shoot. You think Napier would be?
Napier can be a very effective backup pg at the very least.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Money23 wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

What is the definition of "athletic?" Napier was clearly one of the faster players in that UConn game. I think we could be seeing the next Westbrook with better passing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Money23 wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

What is the definition of "athletic?" Napier was clearly one of the faster players in that UConn game. I think we could be seeing the next Westbrook with better passing.

Let's not get that carried away. Westbrook is a physical freak at 6'4" with unbelieveable leaping abilities.

I still can't get my finger on who Shabazz will be in the NBA. He's already a good man-to-man defender, and he's obviously shown his scoring chops. But obviously the NBA is a different beast. But I still think he can be a 6th man level player in the NBA.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

I would absolutely love to see a predraft competition between Napier & Smart. The word quit or intimidated does not fit either of these guys.
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Money23 wrote:
Alleyhoops wrote:

You are kidding right? Napier and Westbrook do not resemble each other at all. In fact, the only thing they have in common is that that they are gritty and they both play PG. You must explain yourself when making such a bold statement like that.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I am sure both Anderson and Napier are projected around the same place in the draft - late 1st, early 2nd round. Anderson has value as a Boris Diaw type. Napier projects as backup PG. Makes sense that their draft stock falls around the same place.

The Spurs will turn one of those into a very productive player, you can bet on that. Pop is an amazing coach and either one of those felas seem to be good locker room guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Does okc have a late 1st? Might as well set the table for an Ollie to okc future. Sigh.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: