OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Amnestying Bryant and shopping Pau Gasol and Steve Nash to teams with salary-cap space would have allowed the Lakers to try to recruit Paul in free agency. But the Lakers, sources said, made it clear the prospect of releasing Bryant via amnesty or simply trying to lay out a finite timetable on the end of his career with the franchise was not under consideration, believing those decisions should and would be made by Bryant.

That's what it means to be a "franchise player". Dwight could have had that in Orlando, but he decided he wanted out, didn't like all that loyalty they were showing him I guess. He'll never have that in Houston, didn't have it in LA. This is what he wanted I suppose.

Last edited by USCandLakers on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One source added that Howard had concerns about how the Lakers planned to market him after being disappointed with the franchise in that aspect last season.

this. is. bananas.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:

If that was such a big issue for Dwight, just think how he would have felt when the Lakers went after Lebron. The Lakers would have been Kobe's team, than Lebron's right after.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Dwight Howard: "Give me your franchise now! I have 0 rings, just had back surgery, have held a team hostage, and act like a clown! What else do you want?"
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
Dwight Howard: "Give me your franchise now! I have 0 rings, just had back surgery, have held a team hostage, and act like a clown! What else do you want?"

And I am already a winner.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

aachan wrote:
If you wanted the torch so bad Dwight you should have used your play on the court and TAKEN it. Stop waiting to be bloody spoon fed your entire NBA life.

Amen!
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

Lakers95 wrote:
Getting rid of Kobe to let the "Dwight era" begin would've been arguably the worst move that this franchise has ever made. Luckily it wasn't even close to happening. at Coward thinking it would happen.

And we didnt market him enough? THIS MAN IS PERVERSE WITH HIS OWN EGO

and he sucks, hes not a no. 1 option.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
If that was such a big issue for Dwight, just think how he would have felt when the Lakers went after Lebron. The Lakers would have been Kobe's team, than Lebron's right after.

So knowing Dwight wanted the team to be his, who on earth brought up in the meeting that they'd bring in LeBron AND Melo? Talk about being out of touch.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Quote:
Amnestying Bryant and shopping Pau Gasol and Steve Nash to teams with salary-cap space would have allowed the Lakers to try to recruit Paul in free agency. But the Lakers, sources said, made it clear the prospect of releasing Bryant via amnesty or simply trying to lay out a finite timetable on the end of his career with the franchise was not under consideration, believing those decisions should and would be made by Bryant.

That's what it means to be a "franchise player". Dwight could have had that in Orlando, but he decided he wanted out, didn't like all that loyalty they were showing him I guess. He'll never have that in Houston, didn't have it in LA. This is what he wanted I suppose.

Hell yes. Kobe's earned the torch. The Lakers aren't about to alienate any other potential franchise player from staying with the Lakers for their career just to appease Dwight Howard. You don't (bleep), whine, moan, undermine, and sulk your way into carrying the torch for the Lakers, you earn that (bleep).
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Truly a cancer.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Does Howard not believe in contraception as part of his religious beliefs?
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject:

so when will the circus start in Houston? Is he going to tell James Harden to bugger off and take control of the Rockets?
pissedmeoff1012
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Cant wait until Harden shoots 30+ a games and howard gets 8 shots.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject:

pissedmeoff1012 wrote:
Cant wait until Harden shoots 30+ a games and howard gets 8 shots.

I can't wait til they try feeding the ball to Dwight and he turns it over 3 times in a row.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject:

We dodged a huge bullet in this pathetic loser
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Jim Buss is a genius for letting this coward go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Caught a piece of jim rome's show on Showtime, and he's got a segment with two comedian brothers (sklar bros. or something IIRC), and they were riffing on some couple that got a wedding cake that looked like Yao Ming, and one of the guys said if Dwight Howard was a wedding cake, he'd be real expensive, and after a bite or two you'd say, "that wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be".

Everyone wants a shot at howard.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Caught a piece of jim rome's show on Showtime, and he's got a segment with two comedian brothers (sklar bros. or something IIRC), and they were riffing on some couple that got a wedding cake that looked like Yao Ming, and one of the guys said if Dwight Howard was a wedding cake, he'd be real expensive, and after a bite or two you'd say, "that wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be".

I think it was meant as a Howard Stern dis, but the timing of the "clear history" trailer is a nice little shot at Howard. Especially when he mentions the name Duncan

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheKobeFactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject:

We traded Shaq away when Kobe demanded Shaq be traded.

We should have done the same this time, and sided with Dwight, amnesty Kobe, and sign Chris Paul.
pjdodgers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:

We should have done the same this time, and sided with Dwight, amnesty Kobe, and sign Chris Paul.

Kobe > Dwight

Plus how do you propose we sign Chris Paul? You think he's taking vet min or MMLE? Because amnestying Kobe doesn't put us under the cap.

I'm glad you're not our GM
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:

Still wouldnt have cap space to sign cp3
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
24 wrote:

I think it was meant as a Howard Stern dis, but the timing of the "clear history" trailer is a nice little shot at Howard. Especially when he mentions the name Duncan

I think it was poking fun at naming something after yourself like a certain tv show he was involved in
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lets see how D12 reacts once the Rockets face some adversity and fail to advance in the playoffs...thats when you are going to see the real D12...
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
24 wrote:

I think it was poking fun at naming something after yourself like a certain tv show he was involved in

That makes sense thanks.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:

Paul wanted to be a Clipper. Times 1 billion.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841, 842, 843, 844  Next
Page 840 of 844
Jump to: