Lakers in the News 8/24/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick3ns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject:

Kenny Smith always seemed like a huge laker fan to me. He's always picking us.

or follow me on twitter! @qwanbruh

I'll follow back!!!!
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
24 wrote:
I found his analysis of the Princeton offense below his usual standards. It's useless because Princeton has no titles? He does know that it helps a team without anything approaching top level talent compete and even beat the occasional top team.

Put another way, if Princeton ran the Duke or NC offense, they wouldn't win titles either. In fact, there's not a single offense that would make them a title team, so does that mean no offense is any good?

Yeah I thought that was pretty lame too. Does he actually even know what the Princeton offense is?

It was good enough to get a NJ Nets team to back to back Finals before it rang up against the Shaq/Kobe and Duncan dynasties.

At the end of the day, talent and players win championships not necessarily gimmick systems.

What system exactly was Miami playing last year? Use that system with any team without Lebron on it and see where that gets you . . .

I think you're taking Kenny's comment way too literal...the Princeton offense is known as a cerebal offense, it just a cute comeback to say UNC, Duke and Kentucky offenses are better because they win and if Princeton's offense is so good they should be winning championships. Sacramento when they were good ran like a spin-off of the Princeton offense, but they got only so close because the Lakers had two players better than everyone; Shaq and Kobe. That's how you win the NBA...great players that make others better, not great offenses as much. I will say this -- Mike Brown has enormous pressure on him...anything short of going to the championship he will be fired. And his reputation will be if he couldn't win with Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Gasol -- can he gain respect from other players/teams? Dale Harris' career as a head coach kind of disappeared after he couldn't take the Lakers far with Shaq and Kobe.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject:

frenzy wrote:
thought he made some really good points about pau and expectations

I found this interesting as well. Pau will have plenty of opportunities to get free lay ups because everyone is so preoccupied with Dwight. When Dwight posts up and teams double hard, he should be able to just flick the ball up to the rim and watch Pau slam it. If Pau shows a little bit of aggression, he can make Dwight's life much much easier.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject:

This was already posted in the news thread for 8/24/12. A little searching in the stickied news threads before you post an article, column or interview, isn't a bad thing. Plus, if you don't find it in the news thread, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing to post it there.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I found his analysis of the Princeton offense below his usual standards. It's useless because Princeton has no titles? He does know that it helps a team without anything approaching top level talent compete and even beat the occasional top team.

Put another way, if Princeton ran the Duke or NC offense, they wouldn't win titles either. In fact, there's not a single offense that would make them a title team, so does that mean no offense is any good?

I was about to post the same thing, but I'll just quote you instead.
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I dunno but I think the " bame me if" thing is a cry for attention. Like as if it all rests on you. I think Metta is important but not important enough for him to think this season rests on him...More importantly I would blame Brown.
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I dunno but I think the " bame me if" thing is a cry for attention. Like as if it all rests on you. I think Metta is important but not important enough for him to think this season rests on him...More importantly I would blame Brown.
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I still think that Kenny is the best NBA analyst on TV, by far.

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:

I think you're taking Kenny's comment way too literal...the Princeton offense is known as a cerebal offense, it just a cute comeback to say UNC, Duke and Kentucky offenses are better because they win and if Princeton's offense is so good they should be winning championships. Sacramento when they were good ran like a spin-off of the Princeton offense, but they got only so close because the Lakers had two players better than everyone; Shaq and Kobe. That's how you win the NBA...great players that make others better, not great offenses as much. I will say this -- Mike Brown has enormous pressure on him...anything short of going to the championship he will be fired. And his reputation will be if he couldn't win with Kobe, Dwight, Nash and Gasol -- can he gain respect from other players/teams? Dale Harris' career as a head coach kind of disappeared after he couldn't take the Lakers far with Shaq and Kobe.

Nice.

--Anonymous
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject:

can't wait to see mwp in the devean George role. Lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:

the blame should go to mike brown
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject:

It is interesting that the Lakers with twoeat players didn't win any rings till they played under a Princeton-like offense - The Triangle. The same scenario can be applied to Michael Jordan (with Scottie Pippen).

A "read and react" offense based on movement works best with experienced talented. Players who only need a moment of not being double-teamed to do damage. This formula is perfect for this edition of the Lakers.
LakerBeastmode
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject:

My main man MWP shall not fail his mission! Go Lakers!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Wow, spam on Lakersground!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: