QFTOS D12 Edition!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject:

Celt fan at RealGM
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject:

Heat fans are in denial.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject:

Strange how they all discount Kobe and Pau as old, washed up and soft yet don't account for them not playing with an extremely effective ball handler and shooter like Steve Nash. This season will be the first time in years that Nash, Kobe, Howard or Pau will actually have space on the offensive end.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject:

A lot of the Heat fans are saying stuff like this:

The Lakers are old and slow
LA won't beat OKC
LA doesn't have the defense to stop the Miami offense
Dwayne Wade will come back stronger next season because he will be healthy
Wade is better than Kobe
Miami is the champion and is the best team in the league
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject:

Addicus wrote:
Strange how they all discount Kobe and Pau as old, washed up and soft yet don't account for them not playing with an extremely effective ball handler and shooter like Steve Nash. This season will be the first time in years that Nash, Kobe, Howard or Pau will actually have space on the offensive end.

Don't forget MWP! This will be an DPOY year for him!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject:

Addicus wrote:

I saw one fan make the argument that defending Howard in LA will be easier because he doesn't have the help from the 3pt shooters that he did in Orlando.

Edit: I noticed that I already posted those comments, but here they are again:

Quote:
- Dwight has to live in the paint on offense. Without his team of 3pt snipers, we can rotate quicker on defense. I don't think I'm crazy for saying that defending Dwight will actually be easier on LA, because we can actually double-team him without getting punished by a hail of 3s. Orlando was a (bleep) for that, and we had to pick our poison. When we can double Dwight, he's not very good. We'll need to, though, in order to not just limit him offensively, but also box out. It will help keep Bosh from getting in consistent foul trouble. On the other end, Dwight has to follow Bosh out to the 3pt line. There's no way around it. Bosh's 3pt stroke is one of the best things to happen to our team, because we're gonna make teams pay for camping in the lane.

Last edited by Steve007 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Addicus wrote:

I saw one fan make the argument that defending Howard in LA will be easier because he doesn't have the help from the 3pt shooters that he did in Orlando.

Yeah Nash and Kobe and a rejuvenated MWP and a Pau improving his jumper sure sucks.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Joel working on his post defense. Dwight Coward, be afraid.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject:

Addicus wrote:

They said that in 2004 and it wasn't age that ruined us.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject:

Lakers need that Pirates of the Caribbean Captain to come off the bench and back up both Kobe and Nash. Just a little more youth to balance out the old fogies.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject:

More comments from Miami fans:

Quote:
Guys, with LA getting Dwight, I think we are in desperate need of a center!

We got nobody that can stop the Gasol/Dwight combo, not even close, Its Bosh vs both of them down low.

We need a center!

Quote:
I honestly believe that if we end up facing the Lakers in the Finals, LeBron would be able to handle Pau. He did it during the regular season this year and frustrated the living hell out of Pau.

The matchup that scares me is Bosh vs. Dwight obviously. Ah well, only time will tell.

Quote:
im really not that worried that la got d-12 sure they got better but their defense suck nash kobe WP and Gasol cant play defense for **** nash and WP are old and did u see what harden did to kobe in the playoffs last year. Sure we need a big to help on boards but im really not that worried.

Wade Nash
Allen Kobe
Battier WP
Lebron gasol
Bosh d12

how is la gonna guard us nash is gonna get destroyed by wade. kobe is gonna be gased by chasing allen and lebron nuff said the only thing that im worried about is bosh on d-12

Quote:
IMO OKC is still better the LA. Yeah they have Howard and Nash but no one on LA can stop Durant and Westbrook, and in addition Serge and Perkins can match up defensively. Not to mention age on the lakers and heath for them. Im not saying the lakers are not going to be a great team but everyone is underestimating the Thunder.

It will be interesting to see what OKC does this year with Harden and Ibaku with the contract situations but I still think OKC is a better team the LA.

Im just saying I dont see LA in the finals, as of now.

Quote:
LeBron is more than enough to shut down Gasol. He won't even allow Gasol get in any position to receive the ball.

A lineup of Wade-Allen-Battier-LeBron-Bosh will make LA cry to be honest.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
********. First they have to get by OKC. Miami is going for the repeat.

i hope you're right, but i don't see how they can lose with 4 HOF players & artest & jamison. at least the owners of the other teams in this are happy, LA will get their little way like always, while those teams will be mediocre at best(omg philly got bynum look out world!! HAHA no) so they can celebrate the monster they clearly wanted to create in LA (Memphis, phx, philly, orlando, denver). they work for the Lakers

Quote:
Fellas i know yall want to be optumistic but Howard now has Steve Nash as his point guard and Kobe and Gasol who will be any single coverage or if we try to double Howard. This is not the Howard Orlando magic with nothing but stand still three point shooters and no play makers. Howard will easily score 30 with his supporting cast as a Laker, if we try to defend him like we did when he was with the Magic.

Quote:
The only reason Kendrick Perkins is in the league is to defend Dwight.
Westbrook will keep Dwight in constant foul trouble because nobody on the Lakers can slow him down the perimeter.

And we haven't even seen Dwight play post-injury, he's not going to be the same player out of the gate.

Quote:
One thin no one is taking into account:

Heat:
Lebron - Prime, best player in nba
Wade - Near Prime, top 5 player in Nba
Bosh - Prime, top 5 PF
Allen - best 3pt shooter in the game
Battier - top defender in this league

Lakers:
Kobe - past prime and evidently on the decline
Nash - 38 and horrid defender
Mwp - a has been great defender
Pau - top 5 PF but past his prime and up there in age
Howard - coming off major injury, but top 3 player if healthy

Although the lakers have a very scary team on paper, their starters must be averaging like 34 years of age. Detach your thought from prime Kobe, Nash, Gasol, mwp. I know it's hard to not see those players by their greatness, but at most I give them 1 or 2 solid seasons. Their age will be their biggest challenge, and then they will have to face a fast paced, primed Miami Heat in the finals. I say it is NOT an unstoppable team as some of you say.

Quote:
I'm still not sure the Lakers beat OKC. OKC is younger, deeper, more athletic, hungrier, and has better chemistry. OKC has the big men to deal with the Lakers bigs defensively. OKC's perimeter's players are better than LA's at this point of their careers. OKC can put Dwight in foul trouble with their slashers and defensive bigs. You also have to factor Dwight's ego (and Kobe's and Pau's) and what role he'll have in the offense. Dwight constantly complained about touches in Orlando. Gasol STILL complains.

If Phil was still coach I wouldn't be doubting them. But Mike Brown is a pushover AND sucks at coaching offense. I know people will say "bu-bu-but Steve Nash!".
But Steve Nash won't be making the offensive gameplan.
Steve Nash won't decide the rotation and make substitutions.
Steve Nash won't be managing minutes of a team that needs it.
Steve Nash can't manage 3 huge egos and a nut job alone.
Steve Nash has a Herculean task of getting enough touches to satisfy Dwight/Pau/Kobe (if that's even possible) AND make 3s himself since he's the only consistent 3 point threat on that team.

I could see the Spurs giving LA trouble too. Hell I could see the Lakers imploding like the Knicks. Super teams don't work unless the stars are unselfish and willing to sacrifice numbers. The Celtics and Heat have proved it. The Celtics and our Big 3 were smart enough to realise they needed to sacrifice collectively to make it work. I do no believe the same of the current Lakers group. There's a lot that can wrong with that team. Dwight didn't choose LA. Our guys chose to play together and Boston's guys ok'd their trades when they realised they'd be playing together.

The Lakers imploding like the Knicks?
TarLaPaN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject:

Dwayne wade is better than kobe? You learn something new every day..
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject:

The same fans that criticize the Lakers for being old keep looking the other way when they talk about Ray Allen, who is 37 years old.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject:

Wade near his prime?
Greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject:

Ahh I love being the Lakers haha Clipper fans still think they have the better team because of their so called 'depth.'
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
From RealGM:
Quote:
Mitch could flip a Kardashian into Chris Paul..."hey, look she spent even more time laying with her back on the floor, you should pull the trigger on this one, David"

Booo. I like Kimmy. Leave her alone!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
their starters must be averaging like 34 years of age

32. Our players are 26, 32, 32, 33 and 38.
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
thurloly wrote:
bodyrock wrote:
Quote:
Houston fans:
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1189496&p=32996214#p32996214

@ the last post

The post above the last post is even better,...Planning to lure Bynum as a FA like they did with Lin!!

Absolute wrongest post in history. ashamed but
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject:

LOL the Heat quotes might be the best of all, you can see the fear through the false confidence hahaha
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
This one from an Orlando Magic board is downright creepy -

Quote:
Im just disappointed that my generation of magic fans had to deal with this.

The thing I will always be disgusted with is that its always the Lakers.....spoiled....wealthy stuck ups...who get our diamonds. This statement is deep; for this happens between countries, cultures and individual. The MAGIC is still a dog that hasn't grown while it's rival becomes greyhound steroids.

AND yet, another year of mental distress of two names I don't even want to mention.

Curse of a magic fan. Gotta love it. Go Magic.

I almost feel bad for them....almost.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject:

I like how Heat fans are saying the Lakers will adjust to them, and yet suggest adjusting to the Lakers by putting LeBron on Gasol for defense.

The Miami offense can't run if they can't rebound. What kind of boardwork do you think Gasol and Howard can get combined?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I like how Heat fans are saying the Lakers will adjust to them, and yet suggest adjusting to the Lakers by putting LeBron on Gasol for defense.

The Miami offense can't run if they can't rebound. What kind of boardwork do you think Gasol and Howard can get combined?

I can see them getting 30-35 rebounds per game, seriously.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject:

Bill Simmons twitter account is going to be great today...
Bozor1000
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject:

I love seeing other NBA teams fans talk crap about our LAKERS! It just makes me laugh at all of the haters out there. Hey Miami's big three, say hello to our FANTASTIC FOUR!
aticusCL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject:

Here's Bill Simmons' first mailbag since the Howard trade...
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8254854/mailbag

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17
Jump to: