OFFICIAL PAU GASOL THREAD (Lakers Retiring His Jersey)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject:

So can someone sum up the "huge trade rumor?" It's Pau for some soccer player in Spain, then Bynum gets traded for the Hulk who is flipped for a 1st round pick in the NFL draft?

So final Lakers team:

Nash
Kobe
[Spanish soccer player]
[1st round NFL pick]
Hulk

Did I get this right?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject:

The only way I can see the Lakers outright dumping Pau for relief is if financially a team absorbs both blake and MWP and possibly any other contract they half think stinks...

Now Paul, Blake, MWP... Yeah I could see that tempting Mitch and Buss. I mean that is huge money off the books and a trade exception that could net you essentially massive flexibility for trades for a year. One which I think they would use down the road... maybe even use with the Bulls.

But this specific rumor... I doubt it. But the idea... not completely far fetched.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject:

Also just saw on ESPN, Houston shopping Lowry for a top 10 pick....If we have lost out on either Lowry or Dragic because Pau is so "great" WoW...Gasol is killing this Laker team along with poor management...Gasol and Drew do not work will not work..overvalueing Gasol was/ is a huge mistake!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject:

BigJosh951 wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
So we trade Pau for Odom?

Lol, there better be much more for LAL than this... PLUS, add Pau, Dirk & Deron; OMG... It would should like Cuban found a magic wand...

We'll see

Having an interior defense of Dirk and Pau would be downright pathetic. lol Sure they would score a lot, but they would be scored on at will too.

According to you. Pau is much more underestimated in LG than by experts. News flash he is a double double machine when used correctly; over paid? Sure but you get Deron, Pau & Dirk and that sounds pretty strong to me...

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
Also just saw on ESPN, Houston shopping Lowry for a top 10 pick....If we have lost out on either Lowry or Dragic because Pau is so "great" WoW...Gasol is killing this Laker team along with poor management...Gasol and Drew do not work will not work..overvalueing Gasol was/ is a huge mistake!

Let's just hope we get the best possible deal for Pau because I do believe he is being shopped. The big hurdle is his salary/ worth, for sure...

Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Voices wrote:

Let's just hope we get the best possible deal for Pau because I do believe he is being shopped. The big hurdle is his salary/ worth, for sure...

Timing is so important, Laker management timing...to say the least (which is what Jim Buss should do, say the least ) is not impressive, if we are stuck with Drew and Gasol next season, I will not be able to watch, it is painful!
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
BigJosh951 wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
So we trade Pau for Odom?

Lol, there better be much more for LAL than this... PLUS, add Pau, Dirk & Deron; OMG... It would should like Cuban found a magic wand...

We'll see

Having an interior defense of Dirk and Pau would be downright pathetic. lol Sure they would score a lot, but they would be scored on at will too.

According to you. Pau is much more underestimated in LG than by experts. News flash he is a double double machine when used correctly; over paid? Sure but you get Deron, Pau & Dirk and that sounds pretty strong to me...

Strong offensively yes, like I said. Just because Pau can grab wide open rebounds does not make him a defensive force. Go watch some playoff highlights and go look what happens when people play physical with Gasol. His game shrinks like a scrotum in an ice bath.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject:

what does it do for 4-12 because if our bench is still (bleep), they aren't going anywhere .......
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:

Two things:

1. The deal reported by the paper is ridiculous. There's no way anybody is trading for Odom and his $8.9 million salary, unless they just want to buy out his contract and get cap relief.

2. I think you are overvaluing both Lowry and Dragic. Both are nice players, but neither = Pau. The Lakers don't want anything Houston is offering, otherwise they would have made that deal long ago.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Pau for the #3 pick (Washington) in the works!

Sam Amico of Fox Sports reports that if the Cleveland Cavaliers leapfrog the Washington Wizards by trading with the Bobcats and select Bradley Beal. Washington will consider sending the #3 pick to Lakers for Pau Gasol. I dont know who we would select with the pick, but I bet the Lakers strongly consider MKG here.

Source: http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/26/12/NBA-Rumors--Draft-News-Day-12/landing.html?blockID=751900&feedID=3725
Lak3rs1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject:

Already posted: http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=147319
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject:

WTF ....

Not possible unless Lakers take back quite a few pieces. Can the Wizards turn around and trade Ariza that quickly? They just took on Okafor's contract too. They have Nene as well.

Will it be a Pau for Nene & Ariza? I really like Kevin Seraphin too

This is all tooo confusing.

#3 PICK... Damian Lillard? OMG
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Retired Number
Retired Number

This not in the works. It's all speculation at this time. He even says it's "Far-fetched for now".
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

salary has to come back right? MKG wud b solid, still wud need a big in return
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

9-0-9 wrote:
I call BS on this...if Jim Buss is pulling strings, I don't see it happening, not to mention he's also said there is a very good chance of us having Pau,Bynum and Kob' to start next season. Not to mention, what do we gain by giving up Pau AND Bynum with only getting Lamar and Dwight? We gain almost absolutely nothing...

Negotiating tactics.

If he publicly says he plans to trade away from the core, teams will know that he is pushing for a trade and he'll lose leverage.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Pau for the #3 pick (Washington) in the works!

KB#8,#24 wrote:
Sam Amico of Fox Sports reports that if the Cleveland Cavaliers leapfrog the Washington Wizards by trading with the Bobcats and select Bradley Beal. Washington will consider sending the #3 pick to Lakers for Pau Gasol. I dont know who we would select with the pick, but I bet the Lakers strongly consider MKG here.

Source: http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/26/12/NBA-Rumors--Draft-News-Day-12/landing.html?blockID=751900&feedID=3725

Thanks for the read.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject:

This is like Christmas, i love this time of year!

oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject:

If there was any truth to this, Okafor or Nene would be coming back with the pick.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject:

With the reported trade if the Lakers only take back Howard and expiring contracts (and amnesty Artest), at the end of the 2013 season the only players left under contract would be Kobe at $30.45 and Blake at $4.00. And Howard and Chris Paul would both be unrestricted free agents. What the salary cap expected to be?
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject:

How people are getting excited about a possible trade with Washington (despite it being highly unlikely) is beyond me.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject:

It is so funny to see people who hate Pau panic when they hear about Pau being traded to another team. Pau on the Mavs next to Deron and Dirk (and a real coach) would be a formidable force.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject:

Gnoe be a long SUmmer!!! But wait draft night on Thursday right? hmmm ... lets gooo.. poor Pau.. I rather they trade him now .. can't go through that drama.. But why would the Wizards take Pau, they already have Nene? Or are they looking for twin towers?
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I guess Dallas signs Deron as a FA. So basically it is a swap of Bynum for Howard. There is NO WAY we are trading Pau for Odom.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
How people are getting excited about a possible trade with Washington (despite it being highly unlikely) is beyond me.

THIS
Retired Number
Retired Number

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Gnoe be a long SUmmer!!! But wait draft night on Thursday right? hmmm ... lets gooo.. poor Pau.. I rather they trade him now .. can't go through that drama.. But why would the Wizards take Pau, they already have Nene? Or are they looking for twin towers?

They have Okafor too now from the trade with the Hornets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 3 of 73
Jump to: