***LAKERS -at- Nuggets 1/1/12 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Kobe was way off. He missed some easy shots and so did others. This game is on him. However, if you want to bash him fairly, you need to address all the wasted assists and feeds he gave to everyone.

It's easy to bash him as a ballhog without watching the game.

He had GREAT looks that just didn't go down . . . in the first half. Second half, particularly the 4th quarter, most of his looks were off balance and with a hand in his face on the perimeter. Worst of all was EVERY TIME he missed the shot (which was often today) his defender Gallinari was leaking out while Kobe was standing there like a dumbass and getting the cherry pick layup.
4eyes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Worthy is really saying that Kobe is a ball hog.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

wow, worthy is actually making sense here. maybe he should coach the lakers.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

greenfrog wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
Kobe was way off. He missed some easy shots and so did others. This game is on him. However, if you want to bash him fairly, you need to address all the wasted assists and feeds he gave to everyone.

name one wasted assist in the 4th quarter? that godawful bullet pass to drew.

honestly i'd rather have him go hog wild to start games at this point.

Clowns like you and LakerLanny will never see this. I may be Kobe's biggest homie but you and fans like Lakerlanny are the best clowns in this site.

I still cheer for the team despite bad plays by others NOT NAMED KOBE. But clowns like you and LakerLanny seem to get your lunch money stolen by Kobe.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject:

4eyes wrote:
Worthy is really saying that Kobe is a ball hog.

he's stating the obvious.
HisAirness24
Star Player
Star Player

Vercetti wrote:
The only thing worse about the Lakers now besides ballhog Bryant is Bill McDonald's coverage of the game.

This.
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

Amin wrote:
Laker_Leo wrote:
So Kobe has a bad night. SO WHAT!
It happens.

Please don't. I'm tired of all the apologists when he plays poorly. He can feel free to have a bad night - but not to the point when he's intentionally compromising the fidelity of the game to justify his own selfish need to get himself going. It's foolish and it's the one facet of his game that has always kept him a half step behind some of the all time greats. A bad game could be 4/15 where in which Kobe goes to his big men, both averaging well over 50% and focuses on playing defense and rebounding. I'm just tired making excuses for him when he plays poorly and the judgement when other Laker players make minor mistakes. Kobe effed up tonight and it wasn't about him having a bad game, it was him having a bad game and saying I'm STILL better at 6/27 than my two other star players. That is a selfish, disgusting Kobe. If Pau went 6/27 or Bynum there heads would be on the chopping block.

I don't like it either when Kobe has nights like this. We've all seen it before. It's just in his nature to keep jacking up shots till he makes 'em. I agree that because of his ways of trying to get into a shooting rhythm, he cost the LAKERS the loss. I still wouldn't trade him because of it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

Clowns like you and LakerLanny will never see this. I may be Kobe's biggest homie but you and fans like Lakerlanny are the best clowns in this site.

I still cheer for the team despite bad plays by others NOT NAMED KOBE. But clowns like you and LakerLanny seem to get your lunch money stolen by Kobe.

wait, what was the wasted assist? oh, that's right. you had no point.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

He had GREAT looks that just didn't go down . . . in the first half. Second half, particularly the 4th quarter, most of his looks were off balance and with a hand in his face on the perimeter. Worst of all was EVERY TIME he missed the shot (which was often today) his defender Gallinari was leaking out while Kobe was standing there like a dumbass and getting the cherry pick layup.

look. I know he missed the three and all but another defender on his right should be the one getting back down court first, namely Fish and Blake on those two easy touch downs by denvers.
Kobe had a bad game but he was not the only one who should get the blame. The most blame is on him because he missed lots of easy shots.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cqc_NastyN8 wrote:
ignardlakerfan wrote:
kobe had a bad game....damn some of you guys sound like barkley...if the guy isnt perfect or near perfect every game you cry like a bunch of b's

OMG are you serious? Having a bad game is one thing.. Kobe was completly being selfish. Am all for him shooting within the context of the damn offense. Not drawing 3 guys and having your teamates open but refusing to pass the rock. We are all Laker fans, not sure what game you watched tonight, because the one i saw Kobe warrants the crap he is getting tonight on the board.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brown soft on Kobe during Ireland interview.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

way too much kobe ball at the end.. should have went to drew in the post..
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

mike brown thinks kobe should still keep shooting! and people were worried brian shaw would be completely whipped.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

wait, what was the wasted assist? oh, that's right. you had no point.

that's right. talking to clowns like you is.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Vandal08 wrote:
OshadowO wrote:
Vandal08 wrote:
Terrible game by Kobe no doubt. But you have to get rebounds in crunch time, you can't leave wide open 3 pointers. You have to make free throws. But yeah 6-28 is a terrible night. Even with the missed calls and hacking going on by the nuggets on Kobe.

you also should take dumb 3s, often without even moving the ball, or try to force a pass out of double teams when you have timeouts left. A rookie may do that, but a 16 year vet with 5 championships?

Hey I agree on that too. He made some dumb a$$ mistakes no doubt. Selfish play, but the same things that makes (or made) Kobe great is what makes him a bonehead in 8-10 games like this per year. He believes he will make the next one. I'm sure he'll bounce back like he always has and done. The Nuggets are one of the few teams that can send waves of defenders at Kobe, quick physical guys like Afflalo and long dudes like Galinari. So hey you take these with the 30 point, 6 assist 7 rebound games. It was ugly, uncalled for but I'm a believer that you win and lose as a team. Always. Other dudes missed passes, missed shots, made boneheaded plays but because this is Kobe's team the majority of the blame will be at his feet and rightfully so. I believe he'll make some midcourse corrections, take stock of tonight and play a better game next time the ball goes up. Bank on it. It's game freaking 6. We'll be alright. Put the razor blades down. We have seen this before. Things will get better.

my friend, 6 games in to the season we've seen Kobe make multiple boneheaded, anti-clutch plays 3 times now. Today was a capper for me, the absolute ugliest part of his game; selfishness, showed up, but it's the larger problem of his decision making I'm concerned with going back into last season.

Based on his track record one could make a decent argument that he was ticked off about Drew's game yesterday and wanted to show he was the man today. I don't think we'll see another game with him shooting 30 times for some time now, atleast not till he has something to prove again, but we will see his poor play in the clutch, guaranteed, unless he makes adjustments.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject:

you guys are unbeleivable...of course brown knows kobe shot too much and im sure kobe does as well but will it make you guys feel better if he states it in public, im sure all the local and national media will have a field day with it...it was obvious he had a bad game, shot too much and was selfish...lakers as a team had too many turnovers and missed too many threes (just like last night)...damn what do you want a public hanging...good grief
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
3-3 record..not impressed. we only blown out the scrub teams. we can barely beat the nuggets. defly not championship caliber.

Well two of those losses are directly due to Kobe.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Fisher will prove his worth now and tell Kobe to stop being a selfish, fricken, ball hog.

Did M Jordan ever play so selfishly bad?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
my friend, 6 games in to the season we've seen Kobe make multiple boneheaded, anti-clutch plays 3 times now. Today was a capper for me, the absolute ugliest part of his game; selfishness, showed up, but it's the larger problem of his decision making I'm concerned with going back into last season.

Based on his track record one could make a decent argument that he was ticked off about Drew's game yesterday and wanted to show he was the man today. I don't think we'll see another game with him shooting 30 times for some time now, atleast not till he has something to prove again, but we will see his poor play in the clutch, guaranteed, unless he makes adjustments.

I thought the Chicago one was far worse. That one Chick would have had in the refrigerator with 2 minutes left and he found a way to lose.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I wonder if Fisher will prove his worth now and tell Kobe to stop being a selfish, fricken, ball hog.

hmmm fisher thinks he's kobe out there sometimes too...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:

Jordan had quite a few games where he shot like (bleep) and kept jacking them up. History has forgotten those games though, and so history will forget this game as well for Kobe. When you're a superstar with egos as big as those guys, you're going to have games like this. The hope would be that Kobe would figure it out sooner in the game and keep going to the big man well that was killing it for us today instead of calling his own number again and again, unfortunately he didn't.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
OshadowO wrote:

I thought the Chicago one was far worse. That one Chick would have had in the refrigerator with 2 minutes left and he found a way to lose.

true, it's just that in that game I don't think he was being as selfish. I thought he was fine till the end when he screwed up. Today he just played selfish all game long and then capped that by screwing up again in the clutch. If that makes sense
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ignardlakerfan wrote:
you guys are unbeleivable...of course brown knows kobe shot too much and im sure kobe does as well but will it make you guys feel better if he states it in public, im sure all the local and national media will have a field day with it...it was obvious he had a bad game, shot too much and was selfish...lakers as a team had too many turnovers and missed too many threes (just like last night)...damn what do you want a public hanging...good grief

so he's been doing it behind the scenes? if so, it doesn't appear to be having the desired effect since this isn't first game he's done this.

given the way brown let lebron walk all over him, i'm inclined to think otherwise.
bearforce
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: 28 freakin shots

6 for 28?! are u serious?

i think we now know who the real cancer on the lakers is
wickedblue
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Having these kinds of games is what brings a ball club together. Everyone that has been part of an organized team at some point in their lives knows that when their go-to-guy is going through a rough time, the rest of the team chips in to show support behind closed doors - not on the field, court, etc.

But nothing will quell you guys until you see the end-result at the end of the season.

So go on, then. Speculate all you want. It is what these forums are for, but you all have been called out on it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 62 of 63
Jump to: