Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Pierce shot 44% and 40% from 3 against Artest

He shot 43% and 39% from 3 against Radmanovich

Pierce got his average against Artest. Artest played decent D but his horrific effect on our offense made him an overall negative.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
someolddude wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
koolmo23 wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
HeatAreOverrated wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
HeatAreOverrated wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
Artest is hot garbage. Guy is shooting 20%. SO much for him being much better now that he knows the offense.

The best perimeter defender in the league and a 15 ppg career scorer is hot garbage?

For the love of God it's game 3.

LMAO at best perimeter defender in the league.

He is without a doubt.

Not one other player would shut down Durant down like Artsst dude.

LMAO @ you (bleep) about Ron's offense when it's been three (bleep) games.

Also LOL @ you saying Artest's game winners vs Suns and Celtics don't mean (bleep).

Newsflash we wouldn't have won it all without Artest and his game winners and defense.

Ron Artest is an allstar, a top 10 SF and argurably top 5. To say he's hit garbage is just idiotic.

We would have swept OKC and PHX and beaten Boston in 5 if we had Ariza. Artest only bailed himself out against Phx and boston. His idiotic 3 against Phx put us in the situation to need a game winner in the first place and he cost us games 2 and 5 against Boston. He almost cost us game4 against Utah with that horrific inbounds pass.

He made our defense slightly better but completely ruined our offense. Tradeoff not worth it.

All-star? LMFAO!

defense win champions and that why Ron is a asset to the team

Uhh no......defense and offense wins championships. Do you see Charlotte in the Finals? No. Do you see the warriors in the Finals? No. You need both.

Artest made our defense slightly better but made our offense horribly worse. We were a great defensive team and a great offensive team in 09. In 10, we were a great defensive team and a mediocre offensive team.

This is beyond silly.

I don't give a **** how beautiful your offense looks, Boston reduces you to a grind it out series.

Lakers O in '08 got ground to a nub.

Artest set the tone for the series. He let it be known, right from the start, that not only were the Lakers physical and mean enough, they were the aggressor. From the take down of Pierce, to the well placed knee to a red hot Allen's thigh, to an "accidental" bust of Rondo's chops, to the battles beneath the board. Artest WAS the definition of that series.

L.A. beat Boston at it's own game. They out lunch pailed 'em, out physical'd 'em, and out grinded 'em. If you think switching Artest with "any old decent SF" would have yielded the same result... well, troll or seriously off the mark, take your choice.

We needed boston to lose their starting center to beat them. And even then were were down 15 in game 7. LMAO at us being the aggressor.

Lakers offense in 08 struggled because we only had Pau for a month. We couldn't go deep into the triangle at all. And to top it off, Kobe hadn't made a man out of Pau yet. He was still a soft pansy. As was odom.

ok so we struggled in 08 because we only had Pau for a month omg stop while your ahead

Uhh yeah. You don't think building chemistry and Pau having time to learn the offense inside and out is important? That's just naive.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Wilt wrote:
I am sick of reading of motherf*cking Ariza on this motherf*cking forum.

Get over it.

Arizas on a plane?

Yes mitch's mind has been taken over by obvious troll so we are going to trade Ron for Ariza since we would win in 5 games against Boston in the finals

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
heatseeker08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Come on guys, we won by a blowout.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject:

heatseeker08 wrote:

Yea....against the Warriors. What's going to happen when Artest can't buy a bucket against the Celtics or the Heat in the Finals.
horacexgrant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject:

heatseeker08 wrote:

i demand to know who's your avatar nao
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Assassin'sDagger wrote:

We needed boston to lose their starting center to beat them. And even then were were down 15 in game 7. LMAO at us being the aggressor.

Lakers offense in 08 struggled because we only had Pau for a month. We couldn't go deep into the triangle at all. And to top it off, Kobe hadn't made a man out of Pau yet. He was still a soft pansy. As was odom.

We were the aggressor on defense and rebounding. That's why the Lakers won that game and the title. Well, that and the fact that Ron's offense kept them in the game while everyone else was slogging it out. Kendrick Perkins was a non-issue.

Seriously, you've been owned in this thread about a dozen times and you just keep digging a deeper hole with your alternate universe logic that only makes sense to you.

And the fact that you think we only had Pau "for a month" before the 2008 finals is extremely revealing. Try half a season.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

We were the aggressor on defense and rebounding. That's why the Lakers won that game and the title. Well, that and the fact that Ron's offense kept them in the game while everyone else was slogging it out. Kendrick Perkins was a non-issue.

Seriously, you've been owned in this thread about a dozen times and you just keep digging a deeper hole with your alternate universe logic that only makes sense to you.

And the fact that you think we only had Pau "for a month" before the 2008 finals is extremely revealing. Try half a season.

I've owned everyone who has come at me. How are we the agressor when we were down 2-3 and had to overcome a 15 point lead in game 7 to win. That's just silly. We eeked out a win against a team missing their starting center. If we had the offensive chemistry we had with Ariza we would have gotten by Boston much more easily.

As the stats show above, Artest did nothing special against Pierce. His horrific effect on our offnse was not worth his slight improvement of our defense. We were already a great defensive team without him.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Assassin'sDagger wrote:

I've owned everyone who has come at me..

LOL, COME AT ME BRO!

!...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

LOL, COME AT ME BRO!

Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

LOL, COME AT ME BRO!

Say something of substance and then maybe I will. I've backed up everything I have said with facts.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

LOL, COME AT ME BRO!

MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Assassin'sDagger wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

I've been owned by everyone who has come at me.

Fixed that for ya.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

I've been owned by everyone who has come at me.

Fixed that for ya.

Once again, you contribute nothing of substance. Editing someone's post is against the TOS.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Assassin'sDagger wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

I've owned everyone who has come at me. How are we the agressor when we were down 2-3 and had to overcome a 15 point lead in game 7 to win. That's just silly. We eeked out a win against a team missing their starting center. If we had the offensive chemistry we had with Ariza we would have gotten by Boston much more easily.

As the stats show above, Artest did nothing special against Pierce. His horrific effect on our offnse was not worth his slight improvement of our defense. We were already a great defensive team without him.

We were MORE AGGRESSIVE ON DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING WHICH HELPED US OVERCOME THE 15 POINT DEFICIT. The fact that you think that notion is "silly" once again demonstrates your complete and utter lack of understanding of what it takes to win a championship.

If you want to look at pretty offense, watch the Suns. Then watch them never win a title.

Dr. Buss, Mitch, Phil and Kobe don't agree with you that Artest did nothing special for this team. Thank goodness their collective basketball wisdom exceeds both of ours.

And you coveniently skipped over the part about Pau being here "for a month" during the 2008 finals. It seriously makes me wonder how long you've actually been a Laker fan.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

We were MORE AGGRESSIVE ON DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING WHICH HELPED US OVERCOME THE 15 POINT DEFICIT. The fact that you think that notion is "silly" once again demonstrates your complete and utter lack of understanding of what it takes to win a championship.

If you want to look at pretty offense, watch the Suns. Then watch them never win a title.

Dr. Buss, Mitch, Phil and Kobe don't agree with you that Artest did nothing special for this team. Thank goodness their collective basketball wisdom exceeds both of ours.

And you coveniently skipped over the part about Pau being here "for a month" during the 2008 finals. It seriously makes me wonder how long you've actually been a Laker fan.

Look at Charlotte....they had the best defenxse in the NBA last year. yet they couldn't get out of the first round. You need both offense and defense to win championships. The Lakers got really lucky Boston lost their starting center in game 6. Kendrick Perkins is one of the best defensive centers in the NBA and he averages 8 boards a game. You don't think that had anything to do with us being able to win the defensive and reboudning battle?

We were already a great defensive team before Artest. We were also a great offensive team. With artest we became slightly better defensively and horribly worse offensively. We went from great on offense to mediocre on offense. he made us a worse team.

And no, he did nothing special on Pierce defensively. held him to his average on 44% from the field and 40% from 3. A radmanovich/luke combo did slightly worse 2 years prior and against a younger, better Pierce. Ariza would have been just fine defensively and we would have been lightyears better offensively.

You never heard of hyperbole? We had Pau for something like 3 months before the playoffs, but he also sprained his ankle and missed a lot of time. So yes, we had him for a very short time before the playoffs.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject:

We apparently had enough offense and defense because we won back-to-back championships. So basically you're getting all huffy about style points. Have fun watching Ron-Ron, he's got about 4 more years on his contract. I know I'll enjoy it.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Anyway, Artest was garbage as usual tonight. But the bright side is that Kobe looked fantastic. His mobility, agility, quickness were a lot better and his handles were better than in the playoffs last year.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Assassin'sDagger wrote:
Anyway, Artest was garbage as usual tonight. But the bright side is that Kobe looked fantastic. His mobility, agility, quickness were a lot better and his handles were better than in the playoffs last year.

yep, +27... hot garbage alright.

did you know that a coin has 2 sides? just asking.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

ChefLinda wrote:
We apparently had enough offense and defense because we won back-to-back championships. So basically you're getting all huffy about style points. Have fun watching Ron-Ron, he's got about 4 more years on his contract. I know I'll enjoy it.

And had to get fortunate with Boston losing their starting center to do so. And we almost didn't make the Finals because of Ron. he almost cost us game 5 with that horrific 3 before he bailed himself out.

Now can we 3-peat like we easily would have done with ariza or will our luck run out with artest?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Assassin'sDagger wrote:

Look at Charlotte....they had the best defenxse in the NBA last year. yet they couldn't get out of the first round. You need both offense and defense to win championships. The Lakers got really lucky Boston lost their starting center in game 6. Kendrick Perkins is one of the best defensive centers in the NBA and he averages 8 boards a game. You don't think that had anything to do with us being able to win the defensive and reboudning battle?

We were already a great defensive team before Artest. We were also a great offensive team. With artest we became slightly better defensively and horribly worse offensively. We went from great on offense to mediocre on offense. he made us a worse team.

And no, he did nothing special on Pierce defensively. held him to his average on 44% from the field and 40% from 3. A radmanovich/luke combo did slightly worse 2 years prior and against a younger, better Pierce. Ariza would have been just fine defensively and we would have been lightyears better offensively.

You never heard of hyperbole? We had Pau for something like 3 months before the playoffs, but he also sprained his ankle and missed a lot of time. So yes, we had him for a very short time before the playoffs.

You seem to forget that the Lakers' starting center Andrew Bynum didn't play against the Celtics the first time, and he was at maybe 50% the second time around. If he is at 100% it wouldn't come down to a game 7.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

Seriously? +/-? You know that's completely meaningless as an individual stat right? He could have done absolutely nothing positive on the floor (which he came close to doing) and have a +27 because he played with great units, which is pretty much what happened.
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

You seem to forget that the Lakers' starting center Andrew Bynum didn't play against the Celtics the first time, and he was at maybe 50% the second time around. If he is at 100% it wouldn't come down to a game 7.

Yea, the Celtics were lucky the first time too. We would have beatn them with Ariza and Bynum in 08. But Bynum is always hurt. That's nothing new. He's going to be hurt again this year. We won two years ago with him contributing virtually nothing. And we knew we were going to do have to do the same again last year. Celts lost Perkins in the middle of a series they were winning.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Assassin'sDagger wrote:
lounger wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

Seriously? +/-? You know that's completely meaningless as an individual stat right? He could have done absolutely nothing positive on the floor (which he came close to doing) and have a +27 because he played with great units, which is pretty much what happened.

so you're saying that only 4 guys played great while he was on the floor and he did nothing right? because his individual stat on field goal percentage??? oh and his garbage defense??? seriously???
Assassin'sDagger
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:
lounger wrote:
Assassin'sDagger wrote:

so you're saying that only 4 guys played great while he was on the floor and he did nothing right? because his individual stat on field goal percentage??? oh and his garbage defense??? seriously???

He played good team defense. His man defense wasn't very good. His offense was nightmarish, taking some of the worst shots I've seen. and missing all the easy shots. Couldn't make a layup to save his life.

And walked into a +27 because of the units he played on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: