***LAKERS vs. Regal FC Barcelona Pre-Season Game Thread 10/7/10***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject:

anything positive Sasha do at this point its a fluke, dude can't even make a pass
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Once again, since it still hasnt sunk in, its preseason...

No, fool. If FC Barcelona makes it to the NBA Finals, then they'll have home court advantage by virtue of their head-to-head win.

We're screwed. Lakers will have to play Game 7 in Barcelona and they won't have a chance at hell in 3-peating.

I'm fired up for the road trip to game 7!!!

Might as well have the parade there also. Can party there all night afterwards, so it will be fun.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject:

mitch bring in Pete Mickeal. Dammit do it mitch!
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
SlickVic wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
lol

plz stay at home next time. thank you

Pretty sure the Lakers would've stayed home if it was an option. Really doubt Phil was that crazy about taking the team to Europe if it wasn't forced by the league front offices.

i don't think the nba forced them to do this trip

Pretty sure the league orchestrates these purely for marketing purposes. It's no secret Stern would like to expand the NBA to Europe one day (albeit probably not anytime soon). Not really sure if teams have much say in this. League wants a match with the NBA Champ vs Euro League champs, you go and play the game.
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

I guess no one else is going to say it, but the Lakers looked like crap especially against a mediocre team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

When will LA Lakers superstar Luke Walton return?
Hycosa
Star Player
Star Player

How did we lose to this girl's jv high school basketball team again?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Felipe Bah wrote:
very good game! i enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks Barcelona

Yes- that's why they're called "exhibition" games. Today was a vey good show.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
The jerseys look fine; the guys wearing the jerseys do not, especially #24. Yeah yeah it's pre-season, but a loss is still disappointing. Get healthy Kobe.

How is a loss in pre-season disappointing?

Because I'm a fan of the Lakers and I like to see them win and I don't like to see them lose. Am I as disappointed as I am when they lose a regular season game? No. But I am still a bit disappointed.
Hycosa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Tris wrote:
They still have not beaten our starting five

Seriously if we had bynum lakers would blow this team out
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Hycosa wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Tris wrote:

If the selfish bastard had had his surgery during the Finals instead of waiting until July, he would have been available to play today and they would have won.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
The jerseys look fine; the guys wearing the jerseys do not, especially #24. Yeah yeah it's pre-season, but a loss is still disappointing. Get healthy Kobe.

How is a loss in pre-season disappointing?

Because I'm a fan of the Lakers and I like to see them win and I don't like to see them lose. Am I as disappointed as I am when they lose a regular season game? No. But I am still a bit disappointed.

Cheer up Roger-

it was a lot of fun to watch and means nothing in the big picture. Kobe is moving a lot better, and his FTs looked good (better than last year), so hopefully his finger is less of an issue going forward. His jumper will come back with his legs and with practice time.

Hopefully, since the team actually put a bit of effort into winning this game but came up short, they'll learn a few lessons for when the games count:

1. Don't jack up so many 3s.

2. Get Pau more touches. He doesn't get enough in most NBA games.

3. Practice Free Throws. Practice Free Throws. Practice Free Throws.

Fun to watch, and good to see them play semi-competitively. A good way to start ramping up the intensity level.
vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Hycosa wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Tris wrote:

From the looks of the box score, if we had Kobe today the Lakers would have blown this team out.
Jordi
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I registered just only to reply at Hycosa and RVdesigns. High school team??? Mediocre team??? MY ASS. If you would have any basketball culture, you should know what team is Barça, what's a competition called Euroleague, and what players are playing here, but of course you don't care about anything out of the US.

Well, only to say this, but fortunately not every lakers fan or NBA fan have your same opinion. You just insulted my team and i had to reply, Barça just won your "world champions" playing face to face in not only an exhibition but a very serious match (lakers bench was not having much fun at 2nd half and especially kobe against pete ).

Barça could perfectly play in NBA and make it to the playoffs, just check our roster, oh wait, it's an european noobie high school team so it's full of girls and amateurs. So this girls gave you a lesson, same like our national team was close to win all your all-stars in olympic games final, i guess that was not an exhibition, don't you think so?

Greetings, i'm sure now we finally got some respect. And sorry to the rest of the forum if my english was not perfect.
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject:

barca would not make the playoffs, cmon.

kobe gives london 6min. today 20+ fml
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
SlickVic wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
lol

plz stay at home next time. thank you

Pretty sure the Lakers would've stayed home if it was an option. Really doubt Phil was that crazy about taking the team to Europe if it wasn't forced by the league front offices.

i don't think the nba forced them to do this trip

Think again. Adolf Stern MADE them go.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject:

TAKAHIRO wrote:

Kobe is making progress

!...
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Jordi wrote:
I registered just only to reply at Hycosa and RVdesigns. High school team??? Mediocre team??? MY ASS. If you would have any basketball culture, you should know what team is Barça, what's a competition called Euroleague, and what players are playing here, but of course you don't care about anything out of the US.

Well, only to say this, but fortunately not every lakers fan or NBA fan have your same opinion. You just insulted my team and i had to reply, Barça just won your "world champions" playing face to face in not only an exhibition but a very serious match (lakers bench was not having much fun at 2nd half and especially kobe against pete ).

Barça could perfectly play in NBA and make it to the playoffs, just check our roster, oh wait, it's an european noobie high school team so it's full of girls and amateurs. So this girls gave you a lesson, same like our national team was close to win all your all-stars in olympic games final, i guess that was not an exhibition, don't you think so?

Greetings, i'm sure now we finally got some respect. And sorry to the rest of the forum if my english was not perfect.

I am surprised a barca fan made a post without mentioning Franco. Good job.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Jordi wrote:

I don't think they'd beat the Lakers very often if the Lakers were in mid-season form, but the Lakers are the best team in the NBA.

Barca is a very solid team, and they would win some games in the NBA. They've got legit players, a number of whom are on the Spanish national team that took the redeem team to the wire in the gold medal game in '08.

They would have a hard time making the playoffs in the West because it is so deep, but in the East, they could absolutely make the playoffs. There is no team in the East outside of the top 6 that is substantially better than Barcelona.

They could definitely compete for the 7 or 8 seed with the Knicks, Bobcats, Wiz, etc.

Congrats on the win Jordi. It was a fun game to watch.
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
TAKAHIRO wrote:

Kobe is making progress

looked the same to me so i don't know about that
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject:

He looked absolutely awful.
Hycosa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Jordi wrote:

Eurolame is some crappy version of high school basketball. Ive seen the highlights. Quit acting like such a hard ass. Wow you have managed to beat a not even healthy, crippled, laker team that has just got off a vacation.

You have registered to this site for nothing. If Lakers had there starting line-up with all players healthy, i guarantee your little europe team would have lost by 50.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Hycosa wrote:

Eurolame is some crappy version of high school basketball. Ive seen the highlights.

You've lost all your credibility.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Hycosa wrote:

Eurolame is some crappy version of high school basketball. Ive seen the highlights.

Except for the Gasol bros, Rudy Fernandez and Jose Calderon, (all of whom used to play in Euroleague), all the other members of the Spanish national team play in Europe. The players that gave the Redeem Team everything they could handle until Kobe closed the deal.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Hycosa wrote:

You've lost all your credibility.

Yeah I would stop.

---George Carlin
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20
Jump to: