***LAKERS -vs- THUNDER 4/30 Game 6 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject:

WorldChampLAL wrote:
Why must Kobe always attempt a fallaway last second jumper? Seemed he had a clear path to the basket. At the very least he would've gotten freethrows.

Does Kobe think he's going to be a hero every single time? I know we remember a lot of his makes, but statistically he is not as clutch as we all think. What's worse, unlike other superstars Kobe won't give it up, so everybody on the planet knows where the defensive focus ought to be and this makes the Lakers very predictable in these situations.

This is a perfect illustration of Kobe's need for drama and individual glory overriding what's best for the team. If not for the tip-in by Gasol, this game would've been lost. Who knows what a game 7 would entail.

Funniest post of the night.

An obvious troll gnashing his teeth because the lakers won.

What a great fan!
KobesNeyeG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject:

We're better than this. these aren't the thuggets this is just a young guy on a young classy team that wanted to believe

Gone 30 days. Totally worth it.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject:

KobesNeyeG wrote:
We're better than this. these aren't the thuggets this is just a young guy on a young classy team that wanted to believe

If you can't take the heat......
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I tweeted this to him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I tweeted this to him.

nice! did you really?

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Stylistic Stylez wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I tweeted this to him.

nice! did you really?

Yes.

@EMaynor3 Shock the world, huh? Here's YOUR contribution: 0 pts, 1 turnover, 1 assist.
less than 5 seconds ago via web in reply to EMaynor3

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TarLaPaN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Eric who? this guy is some scrub lets not exaggerate anything
Stephenson
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Stylistic Stylez wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I tweeted this to him.

nice! did you really?

Yes.

@EMaynor3 Shock the world, huh? Here's YOUR contribution: 0 pts, 1 turnover, 1 assist.
less than 5 seconds ago via web in reply to EMaynor3

Link.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=109333&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=maynor&start=0

Well, I read this thread from a couple of days ago.
WorldChampLAL
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
WorldChampLAL wrote:
Why must Kobe always attempt a fallaway last second jumper? Seemed he had a clear path to the basket. At the very least he would've gotten freethrows.

Does Kobe think he's going to be a hero every single time? I know we remember a lot of his makes, but statistically he is not as clutch as we all think. What's worse, unlike other superstars Kobe won't give it up, so everybody on the planet knows where the defensive focus ought to be and this makes the Lakers very predictable in these situations.

This is a perfect illustration of Kobe's need for drama and individual glory overriding what's best for the team. If not for the tip-in by Gasol, this game would've been lost. Who knows what a game 7 would entail.

What a great fan!

I'm a Laker fan like you are. Like Stu says this won't get it done. I know a fallaway is prettier and more dramatic but I'd rather have Kobe going to the hole strong in those situations like Ginobili does every single time and Wade sometimes does.

An off-balance fallaway is more heroic but it has less than a 50% probability of going in. By going to the hole either Kobe makes it or they foul him (much better odds). And look who was under the basket for the Thunder -- Collison. Even I wouldn't be afraid to attack a basket being defended by this guy.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject:

WorldChampLAL wrote:
WorldChampLAL wrote:

What a great fan!

I'm a Laker fan like you are. Like Stu says this won't get it done. I know a fallaway is prettier and more dramatic but I'd rather have Kobe going to the hole strong in those situations like Ginobili does every single time and Wade sometimes does.

An off-balance fallaway is more heroic but it has less than a 50% probability of going in. By going to the hole either Kobe makes it or they foul him (much better odds). And look who was under the basket for the Thunder -- Collison. Even I wouldn't be afraid to attack a basket being defended by this guy.

Yeah right. The Lakers couldn't buy a foul call in the 2nd half in tonight's game
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Mama cooked da breakfast wit no hog.

(fixed) Mamba cooked da breakfast wit no hog.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Today was like one of them fly dreams...
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
WorldChampLAL wrote:
WorldChampLAL wrote:

What a great fan!

Yeah right. The Lakers couldn't buy a foul call in the 2nd half in tonight's game

I think I'll differ to the guy on the floor with four rings. Kobe will normally make that shot.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject:

WorldChampLAL wrote:
By going to the hole either Kobe makes it or they foul him (much better odds).

You haven't watched many Lakers games have you? Kobe doesn't get bailed very often like that kid Durant.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject:

RealOne wrote:
WorldChampLAL wrote:
By going to the hole either Kobe makes it or they foul him (much better odds).

You haven't watched many Lakers games have you? Kobe doesn't get bailed very often like that kid Durant.

How can the officials call touch fouls on one end and Kobe gets hacked in a lot of games with no calls. I know there are games when he does, but the majority of games he gets nothing.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject:

WorldChampLAL wrote:

Yeah Kobe really overrode what was best for the team by putting the team on his back and helping build a comfortable lead with his 3rd quarter barrage. That Kobe, always needing drama and individual glory and not giving the ball up. It only lead to 4 championships. I'd much rather have a humble and sharing superstar like LeBron who leads the league in PER every year and has 0 rings to show for his fancy stats. Or give me Dirk, who always performs great on his way to choking away series regardless of HCA, 2-0 leads and such. Those great players!

I see what you did there mr. "I'll coincidentally join a Lakers forum right after a humiliating defeat, pretend to be a fan and try to bash it's star player as hard as possible".

One of your "marbles" to go in the volt:

WorldChampLAL wrote:
I never cared for Kobe. He's not a smart player, never was. It's always been too easy for opposing teams to mess with his head and goad him into going 1 on 5. Even at 31 he remains less polished than Durant. He has always been somewhat erratic and unpolished. Can't blame it on coming right out of HS. Other straight out of HS players eventually became poised and polished, KG and Lebron to name a couple.

LeBron polished an KG poised. Oh my God, I think I just pissed in my pants from the laughter. Jesus Christ, this is good comedy. You know it's winning time when the trolls start popping up like mushrooms during the rain.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: A very good last play by OKC

The last play drawn up by Brooks was actually a very good play. Like Mark Jackson said, it was a very good "misdirection" play.
Kobe was initially on Westbrook and Odom on KD, by the time the ball was thrown in Kobe had lost Westbrook and Odom was scurrying to catch Westbrook. And the shot was just short.
This was not as close as the Courtney Lee play last year but it was still a very good drawn up play.
OKC is really well-coached.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject:

that lee play last year was pathetic on our part. i dont care WHAT happens, you do NOT allow a wide open layup with just seconds left on the clock.

thank god he choked and missed that shot
BigDon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject:

WorldChampLAL wrote:

Are you some kind of fool? Fool. Kobe scores 32 keeps the team alive hitting shot after shot and you complain about a fall away jumper that is barely of the rim and gets put back for the win.

Do you understand the noise and pressure he had to tune out just to get a shot off. 85% of the players in the NBA wouldn't even want to take the shot for fear of failer.

I see you are new to LG, a rookie, but you are starting out like a troll. At least if you post some hateration at least have it supported by some reasonable criticisims not that you talkin about.
playground
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject:

If you look at the video sixtoo uploaded, right around the 1:27 mark, when the inbound pass takes place, Collison makes a very clear foul to Artest with a moving pick. Check it out.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject:

I dunno, it seems to be like OKC was trying to get off a 3 from 4 different players
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
RichLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject:

VALakerFan80 wrote:
Leave my fellow VCU alum alone... He's still a good player, rookie who will be even better next year. I like him much better than Jordan Famar.

I'm a big Maynor guy (VCU alum also) but a part of me is glad we taught him a little humility
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject:

w/e. dont need give him motivation
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 100 of 101
Jump to: