***LAKERS -vs- THUNDER 4/20 Game 2 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject:

He's Mr. Consistency for us. LOVE IT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Jacko wrote:
sorry guys, i know the truth hurts.

we barely beat this 8th seed most inexperience young team at home, if Ron had an average offensive game we would have won by double digits.

our opponets in the next couple rounds won't be as easy to beat....

Actually, if it's Utah in the second round I think beating them will be easier.

Oklahoma City is really like a 4th seed or a 5th seed. They were a 6th seed not that long ago. They just happen to be in a conference with a lot of good teams. You make it sound like the Lakers are playing the Bulls or the Bobcats.

As for Artest, I'll admit I cringe when he shoots the ball, but his defense is incredible! How could you not enjoy watching him on defense? If there is anyone to complain about, it's Fisher and his 2-10 shooting performance without the helpful defense. If this team ever gets a PG that bricks threes and plays defense like Artest, I would be thrilled.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Slammy wrote:
thurloly wrote:
Slammy wrote:
Gasol was great tonight. I'm not worry about Pau until he faces someone who will physically bully him, like Varejao.

LOL! Gasol will peel and eat Varejao' face for ya. I will have a beer bet with you.

(Don't let me down, Gasol).

Worms like Varejao give Pau and Lamar so much trouble. Varejao may not be as talented as Pau, but he is all hustle and only someone like Noah can match his intensity. I can't imagine Pau to bring the intensity until the 3rd game in a series, but by that time, Pau might be exhausted. We need our own worm. Maybe Sasha can provide just as much harassment on the court.

Hmmm, you are right. In the final, whoever want the game to most will mostly end up winning. So in the hustle match, Gasol has to show more will than Varejao. I think Gasol will do it.

And not just Sasha, everyone else has to get under the skin of the opponents. Let's the best of seven series on, baby!
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject:

D-Finished
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject:

i just realized we're really lucky to have ron. i think the lakers spend a majority of their time game planning for westbrook, but wit the leading scorer in the NBA, we just single cover him with ron and leave it at that. super luxury
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Jacko wrote:
sorry guys, i know the truth hurts.

we barely beat this 8th seed most inexperience young team at home, if Ron had an average offensive game we would have won by double digits.

our opponets in the next couple rounds won't be as easy to beat....

yes, defense > offense

but not when is AWFUL offense > great defense

that's why our winning margin is smaller this season, we are 6th in winning margin this season, becasue our offense dropped a lot more than our improved defense.

do the math, that mean what we are receving it's negative.

right...i'm a troll (sarcasm) last season when we are struggling against Rockets EVERYONE on LG was crying and saying we won't beat rockets or nuggets, i was one of the very few still had faith in our team. i also watched way more Lakers game than most yall have, i watched every game from summer league to preseason to regular season and playof....so right i'm such a big troll.

did i ever even mention Ariza in my post?! NO, i'm just pointing out Ron's weakness and yall brough up Ariza.

Believe it or not I supported adding Ron, but he proved me wrong. so i'm not a hater, just a truth teller. it's my not fault that i don't have my homer glass on all the time.

If my memory serves me right, your posts that day don't reflect that notion.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject:

My advice worked for Kobe, but not for Fisher....hmm...I guess once a scrub, always a scrub(in other words, because he's so physically limited, removing the mental blocks still results in him being well-defended).
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject:

his offense doesn't off set his defense. because he's not relied on to score more than 8-10 points a game. his defense is giving the lakers points. for the season, durant shot 47% from the field, so far in two games he's shooting 38%, and more importantly he hasn't dominated the game, like he can.
BrokeurAnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Vercetti wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:
Staples Center was dead tonight but that's nothing new. Not a great home court advantage in my opinion.

Ticket prices are too high for true fans to pay imo. If i were there id have no voice left.

Ticket prices are high for Kings playoff games too, and they were loud all night on Monday so thats no excuse. The quality of the "fans" is the excuse. With Laker games, all you get are the hollywood elitest snobs buying up most of the tickets.

For real man, i've been to 10 games this season (all 300 section) and every bleeping time I have to incite and get us going. it's almost like the poor crows is being infected by the bougie crowd. fricken stupid. we should be the loudest arena in the NBA.
CannonBrown
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Bad thread.

Fisher is the one who got the first 3 or so fouls on westbrook. the only other guy outside KD who kills us. you guys asked him to stop westbrook. he slowed him down. because he was on the bench in foul trouble. FISH did his job on defense. but couldn't hit his 3's tonight. last time he hit his shots but couldnt' stop westbrook. so he did half of his job.

just like RON. great de hORRIBLE OFFENSE

sadly if fish wasnt guarding RW, then we wouldnt even need him to be in foul trouble, we could contain him with brown, and maybe with farmar a bit too, as long as farmar aint throwing his horrid TO passes -__-
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject:

it's a good thing he fouled out early.
I was so relieved when he fouled out.

he could have cost us the game with his fail "heroic" acts.

shannon is obviously a better player in every way
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Yes Ron has to start making some shots, but his defense has been spectacular.

Durant could have picked his number against anyone else tonight but he had to work his butt off for 32 points against Ron. And of course all of them weren't scored on him.

If we had a Mike Miller type SF, yeah, he would knocked down those open looks, but he would not be able to keep Durant from shooting under 60 percent. Then people would be complaining that our SF is getting torched and we need a defender.

As long as Artest remains a defensive wizard no complaints from me.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject:

jdm43390 wrote:
D-Finished

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Fisher

terrafirma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject:

KD got above his average on points and shot basically his average from the field. Artest didn't really do much. And Durant got a great look at a 3 at the end that he just missed.

Meanwhile, ARtest was going 2-10, 1 for like 8 from 3 and killing our O as usual.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Roaches....

!...
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject:

terrafirma wrote:
KD got above his average on points and shot basically his average from the field. Artest didn't really do much. And Durant got a great look at a 3 at the end that he just missed.

Meanwhile, ARtest was going 2-10, 1 for like 8 from 3 and killing our O as usual.

Durant had to work hard for all of his points. Did you see the degree of difficulty on some of those shots?
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Wait! Is this thread about Artest's offense? If so, WHO CARES! Anything he gives us on that end is gravvy! I am just amazed by his D! Haven't seen this from any laker going all the way back to Coop (yes, shaq controlled the paint but this beastin lock-down perimeter defense? Haven't seen it from any laker in years, kobe included)..

His D wasn't that good. All he does is stick to Durant like glue, which Kobe or even Odom can do. Despite that, Durant was still able to shoot over him in iso situations, and didn't have to involve him in P&Rs at all(good idea, considering how much Drew bothered him last game. Basically, no "block-padding" for Drew this time, which is a shame, because I thought he was even more spry this game than last.)
PauKoByn..err..DwiNash=ch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject:

50 win team is no joke, especially with a legit superstar in the making...
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject:

PauKoBynum=champs wrote:

I think this Thunder team would take Cavs to 7 games.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject:

terrafirma wrote:

First of all, what in the hell game were you watching? That is not even close to what happened.

Second....
b-money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject:

durant is a future laker
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
terrafirma wrote:

Durant had to work hard for all of his points. Did you see the degree of difficulty on some of those shots?

Kinda hard to see when have an agenda-veil over your eyes.

!...
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject:

PauKoBynum=champs wrote:

Exactly. The West was a beast this year, and OKC - had they not choked miserably in their last few games - was destined for the six seed and 52 wins. They'd be in the top 3 in the East (on par with Atlanta).

No one said it would be a cakewalk, especially given how mediocre our play was during the last third of the season. Regardless, I'd rather win ugly than not win at all.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject:

I am sick of everyone talking about Cleveland .

yes Cleveland is a good team and playing well but for what it's worth the THUNDER >>>>>>>>>> BULLS

Im a huge Derrick Rose fan and he is my favorite point guard in the NBA but him by his self isn't gonna get the job done.

Tough Win Tonight and it's only gonna get tougher in OKC.
Lakers can end this series at the Ford Center if they get their minds right.

LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102
Page 102 of 102
Jump to: