***LAKERS -vs- CELTICS Game Thread 02/18***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Think of Fish as a regular corporate employee doing what he's told. He's not good on the job and keeps effing up his assignments, he's in over his head, but his boss continues to give him projects.

I actually don't blame Fisher. I blame the coach.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject:

stacato wrote:
Krispy, that was then, this is now. Or maybe you want Magic to come and suit up?

No, but I've always told you guys how we should get Pippen or Shawn Kemp

Pippen has long arms, and Kemp just takes it to the hole. Hard.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject:

hey parham...stfu.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't think anybody wants him cut. And I doubt anybody actually hates him. Well, I suppose there are some fan who may fall under each category. The general opinion is that it would be best to bring Fish off the bench in limited minutes. He can still be a leader from the bench, and he can still take big shots, provided he's not creating the shot, with the ball in his hands to make a play at the end.

To go with a player (no matter how much he's liked or how many times he's hit big shots in the past) when he can no longer produce on either end is not productive.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject:

my boy melo... you still have me blocked on aim?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject:

he was trying to get into gasol's head

and judging by pau's play late in the game, it worked
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Im with you OP.

I could care less what Fisher does. As long as
a) hes not slacking/not putting 100% effort
b) hes not being a team cancer
c) he shows his worth when the times comes
Burgundy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Krispy - the two shots he made in Game 4 were great. But if he had made one of the other SEVEN wide open shots during the game, they wouldn't have been necessary.

I said the same thing at the end of last year's playoffs - the Lakers won IN SPITE of Fisher. Outside of those two shots, he was attrocious.

In fact, him getting suspended for Game 4 in Houston was a HUGE BLESSING. Instead of Fish getting toasted like a marshmallow by Brooks, and bricking shots, you had a motivated Farmar.

And that's what drives me nuts about Farmar - HE CAN play the right way, he just chooses not to.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject:

YOUR REALLY WANT ME TO TELL YOU WHERE I WAS?

i was at the homies house jumping up and down wiht my laker poncho and a XX Lager in my hand...where were you?
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
my boy melo... you still have me blocked on aim?

no i do not. get on!.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
I was at a strip club actually

well that skank that had her rack all up in ya grill scored three less points than Fish last night ........

something needs to be done at the PG spot
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Sheed has a target on his back because he put it there himself. He created this reputation from years of yelling and bickering with the refs, so now he has to live with it.

Also, no NBA official wants to complete a tenure without having given Rasheed at least one technical. It's the in-thing to do and refs want to be on the cool list. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA officials have a pool going privately - the Sheed count. And I bet Ron Garretson is winning that pool.
eLem3nt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject:

i'm pretty sure i'm going to stop coming to LG till we win a ring cause i'm (bleep) tired of seeing every other thread be "______ needs to be traded asap!", "_______ sucks! bench him!", "lakers are the worst team in the history of the nba and wnba!", and "omgomgomgomgomg we are so bad!"

seriously kids. grow the (bleep) up. we still have the #2 record in the league and are leading the west, are we not? must we wait for a title or an 81 pt performance to give our team some credit?
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject:

eLem3nt wrote:

seriously kids. grow the (bleep) up. we still have the #2 record in the league and are leading the west, are we not? must we wait for a title or an 81 pt performance to give our team some credit?

You're taking this and creating subplots. I don't think anyone is saying the sky is falling. Okay, a few fans have said as much. But most are critiquing Fisher's ability to man the spot as a starter. And as poorly as he has played on offense, it's his defense that is the main issue.

This is a sports forum, so people are going to have opinions - some of it valid, much of it absurd. But that's the thing, this is why we're all here - to air opinions.
eLem3nt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
eLem3nt wrote:

You're taking this and creating subplots. I don't think anyone is saying the sky is falling. Okay, a few fans have said as much. But most are critiquing Fisher's ability to man the spot as a starter. And as poorly as he has played on offense, it's his defense that is the main issue.

This is a sports forum, so people are going to have opinions - some of it valid, much of it absurd. But that's the thing, this is why we're all here - to air opinions.

i dunno man, i may be over reacting, but i've seen quite a few posts that have content pretty similar to that. after we won the first 3 in a row, people were trying to trade bynum away. similarly, i've read posts saying they wish fisher would just retire or die (no joke) so that PJ and mitch are forced to pick up a PG.

i can understand people having opinions and i defend your right to have one, but seriously? this is just getting ridiculous. i feel like the forums as a whole are so bipolar that people don't know how to express grieving support. its either jizzed-in-my-pants excitement or utter hate against everything about that player.
CaCHooKa_Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject:

well shannon missed the FT so it really wasnt a factor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Where were you when Fisher was stinking it up in the first 3 rounds? If you stink it up 3 rounds, and play well in one(by his standard), is there any other way to conclude than that he just simply played well by chance(or returning to "his" law of averages), as opposed to him having any "clutchness" or "heart?" I mean, the Finals weren't even our toughest opponent.

Just look at Sasha, if Phil had not played him in the 2nd half yesterday, then one might have conclude that he had a very bad game. Instead, he redeemed himself. The problem with Fisher is that you have to give him a TON of chances, to allow him to redeem himself, and we simply don't have that luxury, given the competition. Role players should at least play well in one out of two games. With Fisher, it's one out of 10 games.

Anyway, if Shannon was the starter in last year's Finals, we wouldn't have needed those two shots. One can make a case that we would have swept them.

Last edited by night89 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Yup....in that way........we can keep this roster forever....bcoz these guys won a ring. Live in history.

Fisher is sucking from a long time and old.....no signs of getting better.

Are we expecting to hit another 3 during finals??
I don't have any clue what is the advantage but I can tell 1000 disadvantages of him having on our side.

All we ask is a decent PG who knows what layups means....what defense means.....what passing means.....etc
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject:

eLem3nt wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
eLem3nt wrote:

i dunno man, i may be over reacting, but i've seen quite a few posts that have content pretty similar to that. after we won the first 3 in a row, people were trying to trade bynum away. similarly, i've read posts saying they wish fisher would just retire or die (no joke) so that PJ and mitch are forced to pick up a PG.

i can understand people having opinions and i defend your right to have one, but seriously? this is just getting ridiculous. i feel like the forums as a whole are so bipolar that people don't know how to express grieving support. its either jizzed-in-my-pants excitement or utter hate against everything about that player.

Oh, I know what you're saying. You're definitely not overreacting. And you're also right in saying people overreact and tend to post some absurd things. The Fisher posts are getting out of hand. Opinions are great as long as they're backed by reason and are constructive and not filled with hate. But I know what you're saying in that there's much that's contrary to that, especially lately in regards with many of our players.
DrewBynum#17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Shannon Brown blames himself for loss

k4lakers wrote:
From his Facebook page:

"We could have won that game last night, i missed free throws and took some unecessary shots. i feel like i lost that one for us .. damn"

While missed FTs and that stupid jumper definitely made a difference, I think there is plenty of blame to go around. When's the last time you heard Fisher or Trasha blaming themselves?

Sasha bring the Lakers to the game lol. Don't blame him.
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Where were all you Fisher haters when he hit that 3 in Game 4 of the finals?

I was warming up for my softball game that night.
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Where were all you Fisher haters when he hit that 3 in Game 4 of the finals?

Wags_16 wrote:
I was warming up for my softball game that night.

Makave7iThaDon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject:

So what exactly does it say when one of your role players is more willing to be held self accountable than your current number one option (at the time, because of kobes absence) is?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I don't have to justify my change in support for Derek Fisher or any player.

My first loyalty is to the team.

All that matters today is now and what's ahead. When the player becomes part of our past, then we can revel in his previous glories.

It was that way for every other Laker great and will be for Derek Fisher.
eLem3nt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
eLem3nt wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
eLem3nt wrote:

Oh, I know what you're saying. You're definitely not overreacting. And you're also right in saying people overreact and tend to post some absurd things. The Fisher posts are getting out of hand. Opinions are great as long as they're backed by reason and are constructive and not filled with hate. But I know what you're saying in that there's much that's contrary to that, especially lately in regards with many of our players.

yeah. glad to see there's still hope for LG hahaha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
Page 118 of 120
Jump to: