LAKERS -at- BLAZERS - 2/6 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject:

thanks DB

great road win

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Wolf - I agree. I like seeing Lamar in those other positions. I don't think you have to start him there. You could. But just running it for stints. He could come in early for Fish instead of Pau/Bynum and we could adjust our D between Kobe/Artest/LO for best match ups.

The thing is, get him thinking the game. active and engaged. In all those games he's played at the SF, his game has looked so much better. Not just at the SF...but at the PF! He just plays differently after he's spent some at a different role that makes him cut and crash and use his size. It carries over to his other positions.
Could PJ scrip the first set of plays with LO at the pinch/high post that gets him involved while placing him in the position to pass while taking him away from the 3point line. This might create more "Hi-Low" options that would help Pau/Bynum while allowing Kobe the ability to not always have to work hard to get his shots (when he wants to)

I've said in the past I think they ought to micromanage some of his minutes. But this is the regular season and I think Phil probably is trying to have him see the game.

During the playoffs, it's much easier when you are facing a single opponent and not switching gears so much.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject:

And that is Cleveland's Achilles heel. They don't have the ability to make changes in the playoffs. They are what they are, and when they run into a coach and team that can make adjustments, and force them to, they fail.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Wolf - I agree. I like seeing Lamar in those other positions. I don't think you have to start him there. You could. But just running it for stints. He could come in early for Fish instead of Pau/Bynum and we could adjust our D between Kobe/Artest/LO for best match ups.

The thing is, get him thinking the game. active and engaged. In all those games he's played at the SF, his game has looked so much better. Not just at the SF...but at the PF! He just plays differently after he's spent some at a different role that makes him cut and crash and use his size. It carries over to his other positions.
Could PJ scrip the first set of plays with LO at the pinch/high post that gets him involved while placing him in the position to pass while taking him away from the 3point line. This might create more "Hi-Low" options that would help Pau/Bynum while allowing Kobe the ability to not always have to work hard to get his shots (when he wants to)

I've said in the past I think they ought to micromanage some of his minutes. But this is the regular season and I think Phil probably is trying to have him see the game.

During the playoffs, it's much easier when you are facing a single opponent and not switching gears so much.
This prompts an interesting question - if LO has this high basketball IQ, shouldn't he be already recognizing when he is effective and when he is a burden to the team on the court. Either his IQ is not as high or he is (as he had stated) just "cocky" - hmmmmmmmm
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Lamar a high IQ? Since when? If he had a high IQ he would have been the best Laker Tri guard ... even better than Pippen because of his superior talent level.

But he has an average IQ, IMO.

He gets by on sheer talent and being able to step up when push comes to shove. He has found his way in the Tri, but there are still times when LO's lack of ball IQ gets in the way.

I would say LO plays on instincts. Most of the time they are in the right place (Team first, get the ball to the bigs or Kobe) but they are not always the right idea. His IQ is something I have always thought kept him from becoming a much more consistent player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject:

To the best of my knowledge, LO has been described as having a high basketball IQ - hence my comments. I agree with the majority of your description of LO. If he had a consistent outside shot (not necessarily at 3point range), the Lakers' search for PG would have been over.

It is a mystery why they are not doing more "Hi-Low" Tri Options with LO in the game. Pau/Drew?RonRon are rarely in the pinch post area sinc their preference is in the low-block area.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: