General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 499, 500, 501 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

Shakur Stephenson is real. He destroyed 30 0 23ko Oscar Valdez.

Nico Ali Walsh, Muhammad Ali's grandson 5 0 4ko scored a 1 2 punch knockout over Alejandro Ibarra LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Nico Ali Walsh, Muhammad Ali's grandson 5 0 4ko scored a 1 2 punch knockout over Alejandro Ibarra LINK

Yea, lop sided fight all night. The one before Shakur was even more impressive, Davis?, his opponent (the Mexican dude) couldn’t touch him not even once
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yea, lop sided fight all night. The one before Shakur was even more impressive, Davis?, his opponent (the Mexican dude) couldn’t touch him not even once

Keyshawn Davis totally outclassed Esteban Sanchez. KO around 17:28

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Canelo got beat down. Bivol gave him a boxing lesson.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Q: Did he ever hurt you?
Bivol: Yes! He hurt my arm...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Dang I need to see a replay of this fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

You could see welts on his shoulder where Canelo was pounding him. He never dropped his guard.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Was he just too big for canelo
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

He was too skilled and disciplined. He would not be drawn into brawling along the ropes. Plus I think he was in better shape . Alvarez was gassed several times in the fight,
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

The reach and height gave him a huge advantage. And being naturally big meant he can absorb Canelo's punches.

Canelo was landing power punches early. He was landing alot of uppercuts and body shots. But never any combinations. Bivol would take a big blow and hop back and reset. Canelo got tired early for throwing too many power punches. Bivol was just throwing mostly jabs and the occasional right hand, but he never put everything into his punches like Canelo did, so he never got tired.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a beat down. But he certainly outboxed him all night.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 10:00 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, beatdown is an overstatement. Bivol 110-0-11 KO. Canelo 53-1-2, 36 KOs. Bivols experience was evident. He frustrated Saul.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, beatdown is an overstatement. Bivol 110-0-11 KO. Canelo 53-1-2, 36 KOs. Bivols experience was evident. He frustrated Saul.

Yeah, I think you got his record and his experience wrong. He's very inexperienced compared to Canelo. He was 19-0 coming into the fight.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

Reports are Floyd had a 10,000 dollar ticket on Bivol o the money line of +425 with a pay out of 42,500 and his original bet of 10,000 back for a total of 52,500
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, I think you got his record and his experience wrong. He's very inexperienced compared to Canelo. He was 19-0 coming into the fight.

You sir are correct Bivols rec is 20-0, 11 KOs. I don't know where I pulled that record.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Reports are Floyd had a 10,000 dollar ticket on Bivol o the money line of +425 with a pay out of 42,500 and his original bet of 10,000 back for a total of 52,500

He showed the ticket

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18497294/canelo-bivol-floyd-mayweather-bet/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Eddie Hearn Says Canelo Vs. Bivol Rematch On September 17th

Promoter Eddie Hearn says unless Canelo Alvarez says otherwise, the rematch with WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol will be taking place on September 17th.

That’s the date that was originally scheduled for Canelo (57-2-2, 39 KOs) to face Gennadiy Golovkin in their trilogy match, but the Mexican star’s loss to Bivol last Saturday night has altered those plans.

Hearn says Canelo still needs to “trigger” the rematch clause in his contract with Bivol (20-0, 11 KOs) for the second fight to be made a reality for September 17th, but he already told the media last Saturday that’s the fight he’ll be taking next.

This is interesting because based on Bivol's comments last night, he thinks that there needs to be a negotiation on how much he'll get on a rematch but according to Eddie Hearn, all it takes is for Canelo to trigger the rematch clause. So this is interesting.

I'm guessing Canelo goes into the rematch as the underdog?

Quote:
Ray Jackson
@RayJack97010720

Dmitry Bivol said he accepted all of Canelo terms but insist they will have to renegotiate in the rematch. Basically saying he wants PAYDAY #CaneloBivol #Boxing

One opinion of whether Canelo can beat Bivol:

Quote:
I also think that a direct rematch with Bivol is just a bad idea. Nothing about Saturday’s fight told me that Canelo can beat Bivol right now.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2022/5/8/23061995/whats-next-canelo-alvarez-after-loss-dmitry-bivol-rematch-golovkin-boxing-news-2022
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

Canelo disputing that he lost the fight:

Quote:
Canelo Alvarez: Maybe I Lost 4 Or 5 Rounds To Bivol, But I Definitely Didn't Lose The Fight

Canelo Alvarez’s perspective on his unanimous-decision defeat to Dmitry Bivol changed from the time he left the ring Saturday night until the start of his post-fight press conference more than an hour later.

Alvarez was deferential toward Bivol and seemingly more realistic about the outcome of their fight during his interview with DAZN’s Chris Mannix in the ring. After he took time to reflect, though, the Mexican superstar contended that he had done enough to beat Bivol in their 12-round, 175-pound title fight at T-Mobile Arena.

“Personally, I’m feeling good. I’m not giving any excuses,” Alvarez said, according to his translator. “I do feel that I won the fight. And I think perhaps, you know, maybe I lost four or five rounds, but I definitely didn’t lose the fight.”

“I think I got a little bit tired towards the final rounds, but I felt good,” Alvarez said. “So, we’ll see what’s next. As I said, I don’t feel I lost the fight, maybe some rounds. Maybe, you know, the weight was a slight issue. It made me feel not 100 percent during the fight.”

Alvarez appeared fatigued in the final few rounds and didn’t throw nearly as many punches as Bivol, who often got off combinations and made Alvarez respect his power. The 31-year-old Alvarez moved back up to the light heavyweight division to try to become a two-time 175-pound champion, but the Guadalajara native admitted that he is better suited to compete at the super middleweight limit of 168 pounds.

“I think I’m always going out looking for difficult fights,” Alvarez said. “I went up and looked for this difficult fight. But naturally, I feel good at 168. I’m always up for taking on new challenges, but that’s boxing. Tonight, I was looking for greatness.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-alvarez-maybe-i-lost-4-5-rounds-bivol-i-definitely-lose-fight--166073
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You sir are correct Bivols rec is 20-0, 11 KOs. I don't know where I pulled that record.

Bivol just too big for canelo, Discipline with the guard, used his length well and had enough power for canelo to respect to not bum rush… which make u think why kovalev lost, he also had the size, length and ‘power’, was his defense that bad?

Make me wanna see GGG trilogy more now that canelo came back to earth
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bivol just too big for canelo, Discipline with the guard, used his length well and had enough power for canelo to respect to not bum rush… which make u think why kovalev lost, he also had the size, length and ‘power’, was his defense that bad?

Make me wanna see GGG trilogy more now that canelo came back to earth

From what I remember, Kovalev ran out of gas. He was moving well in the beginning then he ran out of gas and started getting hit hard.

Kovalev didn't have the movement than Bivol had. Kovalev was stiff, slow and plodding compared to Bivol. Bivol was so quick and fast on his feet. He'd be against the ropes and he'd step out so fast. Bivol was athletic compared to Kovalev.

Also, just watching some parts of that Kovalev fight again, he didn't have the defense that Bivol had. Bivol really blocked Canelo's punches well. Kovalev was much more wide open. Kovalev kept his hands down throughout the fight. Kovalev's head was a wide open target throughout the fight. Bivol rarely was that open.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Canelo has 2nd thoughts now about a rematch with Bivol (at least for his next fight in September):

Quote:
Canelo Noncommittal On Whether Bivol Rematch Or Third Triple-G Fight Will Be Next

LAS VEGAS – Canelo Alvarez reiterated during his post-fight press conference late Saturday night that he wants a rematch with Dmitry Bivol.

The four-division champion wouldn’t commit, however, as to whether he’ll battle Bivol a second time in his next fight. Alvarez had already agreed to face nemesis Gennadiy Golovkin in their long-awaited third fight September 17 at an undetermined venue before he boxed Bivol on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena.

The Mexican icon could drop back down to the 168-pound division and proceed with that third fight versus Golovkin four months from now. Russia’s Bivol (20-0, 11 KOs) would still be contractually obligated to give Alvarez a rematch, which could come in the third fight of Alvarez’s three-fight agreement with DAZN and Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing if Alvarez (57-2-2, 39 KOs) opts to square off against Golovkin again in his next fight.

“We’re gonna go to see what’s next, to talk about it and we’ll let you know,” Alvarez said through a translator.

When pressed, whether he fights Bivol or Golovkin, if he still intends to return to the ring September 17, Alvarez replied, “We’ll see what happens in the future. But we’ll just have to wait and see what’s gonna happen.”

Alvarez, who will turn 32 on July 18, has fought in May and September three times since 2012 because his May fights have been scheduled either on or near Cinco de Mayo and those September bouts have happened on Mexican Independence Day, which is celebrated every September 16, or around that time. He also has fought in May and returned to action in November three times, though, since 2012, which could indicate that he’ll take a longer break between his loss to Bivol and his next fight.

Regardless, Alvarez insisted that he will box Bivol again because boxing’s former pound-for-pound king wants to redeem himself following a decisive defeat in their 12-round fight for Bivol’s WBA light heavyweight title. Alvarez lost by the same score, 115-113, on the cards of judges Tim Cheatham, Dave Moretti and Steve Weisfeld, yet Bivol appeared to beat Alvarez more convincingly than that.

“We want the rematch,” Alvarez said, “and we’re going to do much better in the rematch.”

Guadalajara’s Alvarez did much better in his rematch against Golovkin than he did during their first fight, which resulted in a controversial split draw at T-Mobile Arena in September 2017. He defeated Golovkin by majority decision in their 12-round rematch in September 2018, also at T-Mobile Arena.

Embracing his third fight against Golovkin (42-1-1, 36 KOs) next still might make more sense for Alvarez because that showdown would be contested in the division in which he operates at his best, super middleweight, and it would be a commercial success. The 40-year-old Golovkin figures to want their third fight next as well because it would represent not only his shot to avenge the Kazakhstan native’s lone loss, but it also would grant the IBF/IBO/WBA middleweight champ a chance to become boxing’s undisputed 168-pound champion, and for his biggest payday.

“My most natural weight, [where I’m] most comfortable, is 168,” Alvarez said. “And that’s where I feel best. So, we’re gonna go and see if we’re gonna take on this rematch [with Bivol].”

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-noncommittal-on-whether-bivol-rematch-third-triple-g-fight-next--166080
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject:

GGG shouldn't take that fight. He's lost some quickness and some pop. He's 40 years old and had made a lot of money. I'm a GGG fan and think he shouldn't take the fight.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
GGG shouldn't take that fight. He's lost some quickness and some pop. He's 40 years old and had made a lot of money. I'm a GGG fan and think he shouldn't take the fight.

I think Canelo did GGG dirty by waiting until he got to 40 before giving him another chance.

Yeah I’m a GGG fan too and I want him to take the fight. I think he can win.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon May 09, 2022 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Bivol continues to hurt Canelo with witty comeback lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

I don't think Canelo can beat Bivol. Dmirty is smarter, a better boxer, doesn't rattle, and IMO is underrated. He is also very confident. I think Saul may have underestimated him. He'll have a better game plan in the rematch. If he does get by Bivol and not fight either Charlo or Benavidez he'll be a big disappointment.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 499, 500, 501 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 500 of 514
Jump to: