General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Just a note to Nissan...this mbenga kid is about 14-15 years old. Proceed with caution .
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:
Yea, Floyd doesn't duck anybody -

Do you even know what ducking is?

Yep. He's a Manny fan...and Manny has (bleep)-out to fight Floyd.
Quack quack quack....

Nissan must be Daffy and LB must be Donald .

And AJ MUST be Minnie .

LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Floyd Mayweather is a point fighter. He runs runs and runs, he better hope he gets a lead on Mosely in the early rounds, because he could be in trouble if he has to fight Mosely in the later rounds to win the fight.
Mosley is going to win the early rounds and Mayweather will adjust to his style after the 3rd round. Mosley has the first 4 rounds to score a knockout because he's not going to outbox Mayweather or win by decision.

Don't be mad because Mayweather mastered the sweet science of boxing. Tell me when it became cool to get a beating in the ring...

Making $30 million without a scratch on you and winning > Making $30 million, possibly losing the fight, and doing damage to your body.

Sweet science of boxing is running ??????
That dumb comment just tells me you don't know boxing and you're just a hater.

Running? Nah, it's called having one of the best defense of all time.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SPORTS AND DEFENSE WINS IN BOXING!

lmao, is it true that he runs ? I'm not the one accusing me of this and that, your the hater. Yes he runs, and is a point fighter, FACE THE TRUTH, don't get mad about it.
Running and being a counter puncher with great defense is two different things. Boxing is not just about offense.

How many fighters have had the same game plan and failed to execute the game plan against Floyd?

Why don't fighters just cut the ring from Floyd and take control of the ring? You're acting like you know what you're talking about... Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time with one of the greatest defense of all time.

Quote:
“Manny will knock him out,...I’ve been studying tapes of him (Clottey), (and) he’s not very good. I think if we break him (Clottey) down, we can get him out of there in the late rounds."

"He (Clottey) has a passive defense and leaves his body wide open for a while when he puts his hands up like that. When we dig to the body and break him down, I think we can get him out of there."

“It (Clottey’s size) is always a concern, of course. But the thing is, going into the ring, my guy (Pacquiao) is going to be about 149 (lbs) and the other guy will is going to have to be about 10-12 pounds on him and be bigger. But size doesn’t win fights. Ability does!"

Stop cherry picking on other fighters, lol.

He doesn't engage, he's a 1 punch fighter and get out. He doesn't exchange ever, he's a point fighter, he's a run first, punch second fighter, why you get all pissed off about that?? He fights that way even against smaller fighters like Hatton and Marquez. He is the same as Pernall Whittaker imo.
This post proves to me you just started watching boxing.

Go watch Floyd's fights at 135 and I dare you to say he never stood toe to toe with fighters.

Manny is an offensive fighter because he has the speed, power, and doesn't have the great defense.

What's the difference between being a great counter puncher and running?

A great counter got a KO PUNCH. I don't think you ever boxed before, their is a difference between a quick counter punch to keep someone off balance and a KO Punch to take someone out. He throws 1 punch and runs on his counters.
He takes advantage of the mistakes his opponents make during the fight.

I agree with that, but his style is to run first , and punch second
Give credit when credit is due.

Floyd outboxed and outsmarted every boxer he fought. The guy never goes into a fight with a game plan or watches film on his opponents. He makes adjustments during the fight.

This is running from an opponent. Steven Cox ran away from Benavidez. When have you ever seen Floyd do the same in a pro fight?

Start at 4:54.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Just a note to Nissan...this mbenga kid is about 14-15 years old. Proceed with caution .
Is he the same member who made a thread about his high school grades?
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."

Ouch! Manny's trainer admitted his team ducked Mosley.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Quote:
"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."

Weak, he's been @ 147 for less than a year. Mayweather been @ 147 for 5 years. He was forced to fight Mosely after Mosely verbally abused him in the media and Mayweather been called out by the Boxing world to MAN UP and fight someone legit. Has Mayweather even signed the contract yet? hmmm
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Quote:

Weak, he's been @ 147 for less than a year. Mayweather been @ 147 for 5 years. He was forced to fight Mosely after Mosely verbally abused him in the media and Mayweather been called out by the Boxing world to MAN UP and fight someone legit. Has Mayweather even signed the contract yet? hmmm
Stop making excuses for Manny. His trainer admitted to the whole world Manny ducked Mosley because he's too good. Why are you bringing up Mayweather, when I never said anything about him in my post? Manny fans sure love to talk about a guy they hate, lol.

Mosley ducked Mayweather in 1999 and 2005/2006. Do some research.

The guy who ducked Mayweather because he had a toothache and had to go visit his dentist is now so brave to call out the best in the world for a payday, lol.

Mayweather signed the contract today.

Manny is even being expose by his own team, lmao.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Quote:

Stop making excuses for Manny. His trainer admitted to the whole world Manny ducked Mosley because he's too good. Why are you bringing up Mayweather, when I never said anything about him in my post? Manny fans sure love to talk about a guy they hate, lol.,

Mosley ducked Mayweather in 1999 and 2005/2006. Do some research.

The guy who ducked Mayweather because he had a toothache and had to go visit his dentist is now so brave to call out the best in the world for a payday, lol.

Mayweather signed the contract today.

Manny is even being expose by his own team, lmao.

LMAO @ MAKING EXCUSES DEFENDING EXCUSE BOY FLOYD just don't mix
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Is he the same member who made a thread about his high school grades?

I believe he is that same dude.
ptm2020
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject:

In 2005 Shane & Oscar didn't have a reason to fight Floyd, his only significant win was over Arturo Gatti and he still wasn't a draw on their level.

Floyd was calling them out because he wanted to move up to a higher pay level.

It wasn't till after his wins against Judah & Baldomir did he become a viable business decision.

Floyd wasn't exactly seeking out Shane after the Marquez fight and it woulda been a publicity nightmare if he didn't take the Shane fight now because of the Haiti earthquake forcing Berto to withdraw.

I'm actually happy that Floyd is Fighting Shane so I won't harp on that at all, plus the fight will be great for boxing.

Now I'm wondering what the exact date did Freddy make that quote on because after Cotto the only fight Pac needed to go after was against Floyd, when it fell through Shane was already signed to Berto.

When the Berto fight fell through Pac was already signed to Clottey.

If Shane came in during the time period after the Cotto fight then I can understand where Freddie is coming from. Why pursue Shane when the bigger payday and arguably easier fight was with Floyd.

If it was before the Cotto fight you can make a ducking case but even with that, Pac took the bigger draw fighter, with a title, who had a win over Shane.

If you call it ducking by these reasons then you should hold those reasons equal to when Floyd bypassed the Margarito fight for Baldomir, exept that Margarito was the better fighter of the two.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject:

New's is spreading around like wildefire now, Here's a more extensive interview with Richard Scheiffer regarding this debacle....he's having flashbacks of the negotiations that he went thru with Mayweather to get a Oscar rematch going then PBF unceremoniously announcing his retirement.

Where, oh where, is Floyd's signature?
Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Richard Schaefer, the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, is usually a calm, cool and collected sort. The former Swiss banker doesn't get rattled easily.

Tuesday morning, however, he sounded rattled, expressing concern about why Floyd Mayweather Jr. has not signed his contract to face welterweight champ Shane Mosley on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, in as big of a fight as there is in the sport.

It has been five days since both sides acknowledged an agreement on terms.

Mosley, of course, put pen to paper on Friday in Las Vegas, where his attorney, Judd Burstein, went through the paperwork with him point by point.

"He is excited to move forward with the bout," Burstein told me at the time.

Burstein also added that he had been assured by Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisers, that there were no problems on their side.

"I confirmed with Leonard that there are no issues," Burstein said.

Ellerbe's quote to me for the story I wrote Friday was, "All of the deal points have been agreed to. We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to."

Yet five days later, Schaefer still does not have a signed agreement from Mayweather. He was clearly at wit's end when he called me about it Tuesday morning.

"He still hasn't signed. I am so frustrated," Schaefer said. "I wanted both guys to go down to the Super Bowl in Miami to do some promotional stuff. I don't know what Floyd is waiting for. I have no clue. I have a signed contract from Shane on my desk. I have nothing from Floyd."

Schaefer said he is in constant touch with Ellerbe and Al Haymon, Mayweather's other adviser, and when he asks them where the paperwork is, the response is always the same: "Every day, it's the next day. They say, 'Don't worry, it's going to come.' Well, where is it? I'm waiting for the signature before we can move on."

Burstein said he and Mosley were also quite aggravated by the delay.

"I am outraged," Burstein said when I reached him Tuesday afternoon. "I have a client who acts in a professional manner. He allows me to negotiate a deal for him in constant consultation with him. When it all gets put on paper, we go over it and, as promised, he signs if it's OK. That's what happened on Friday. It was signed with the assurance from Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe that everything was agreed to and there was no problem."

So what does Burstein believe is the issue?

"It's either one of two things that has happened," he said. "Either he's rethought the wisdom of risking his undefeated record against Shane or he chooses to act like a 7-year-old. Hopefully, it's the latter and he will mature very quickly. But either of these possibilities is completely unacceptable to us. He's going to end up in a fight with Mosley. The only question is whether it will be in the ring or in court."

Now, May 1 is still a ways off, but for a megafight the magnitude of Mosley-Mayweather, kicking it off with promotional appearances at the Super Bowl is significant. When Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya met in May 2007, their media rounds at the Super Bowl generated enormous interest in the fight, which went on to set the all-time pay-per-view record.

Schaefer wants to follow the same blueprint. He said Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr., who will meet April 3 in a pay-per-view rematch that Golden Boy is co-promoting, will be in Miami to help drum up interest in their fight, so he can't understand why Mayweather is MIA.

So I asked Schaefer if he was concerned that the Mosley-Mayweather fight might be in trouble?

His answer was simply, "Yes."

I asked him if he would elaborate.

"At this point, I don't know," he said. "We want to do some big PR, so this is frustrating. I read Leonard's quotes that it was agreed to and that it was just a matter of time to get it signed, but if it's all done, why isn't it signed?"

Schaefer has been down this road with Mayweather before, perhaps one of the reasons for his concern. He negotiated a fall 2008 rematch between Mayweather and De La Hoya, which also had been agreed to and was on the verge of being announced. However, Mayweather never signed the paperwork and instead announced his retirement, which lasted 18 months.

"I am not having flashbacks to anything, but [the Mosley fight] is still not signed," Schaefer said. "I don't know what it means. Obviously, we can't move forward with the promotion, including some important activities that were planned for this coming weekend, unless we have a signed deal."

Before negotiating with Mosley, Mayweather was close to a deal to face Manny Pacquiao on March 13 in what would have been, by far, the sport's biggest fight. But that fight fell apart shortly before what was supposed to have been a kickoff news conference in early January. The reason was because the fighters couldn't reach a compromise on drug-testing protocol. Mayweather insisted on testing that went far beyond the rules of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. While Pacquiao accepted some additional testing, he refused random blood testing.

Both fighters moved on. Pacquiao quickly made a deal to defend his welterweight belt against Joshua Clottey on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Mayweather and Mosley began their talks after Mosley's Jan. 30 unification fight with Andre Berto was canceled.

So while Pacquiao wrapped up his deal with Clottey in about two seconds and Mosley signed on the dotted line in pretty short order, we all continue to wait for Mayweather's John Hancock yet again, including Schaefer.

"I always tell you, a signed deal is a done deal," Schaefer said. "It will only be done when Floyd signs, and that hasn't happened yet. I don't know of any deal terms that are not agreed to. I don't understand it."
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Man, I hope it's just a mix-up on the delay. I was looking forward to seeing Floyd vs. Sugar Shane.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject:

If Floyd tricks this one off, then he's a bigger (bleep) than Manny is. Easily. And that's saying a lot.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, floyd better do this fight or he won't have many great options after.
if he's in need of money especially.

***old link****
Anyone want to buy Floyd's limo on ebay?

http://www.myboxingfans.com/2009/03/floyd-mayweather-is-a-power-seller-on-ebay/

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ptm2020
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
If Floyd tricks this one off, then he's a bigger (bleep) than Manny is. Easily. And that's saying a lot.

If Floyd punks out it will be a defining testament to the Cowardice allegations that have been made throughout his boxing career and during the negotiations for the Pacquiao fight.

He won't ever live this down.

For boxings sake, I hope he signs by this weekend, for my own sake I hope he signs this weekend because I am dying to see Suga Shane beat his ass.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject:

ptm2020 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

If Floyd punks out it will be a defining testament to the Cowardice allegations that have been made throughout his boxing career and during the negotiations for the Pacquiao fight.

He won't ever live this down.

For boxings sake, I hope he signs by this weekend, for my own sake I hope he signs this weekend because I am dying to see Suga Shane beat his ass.

I'm on the same boat with you man, I hope this fight gets signed.

On another note, I like the fact that just because the Mosley-Mayweather fight was announced, some people in this board took it like a vindication of Mayweather's supposed ducking of fighters. For your sake I hope Mayweather signs because if he doesn't, he just threw a big egg to all your faces.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
New's is spreading around like wildefire now, Here's a more extensive interview with Richard Scheiffer regarding this debacle....he's having flashbacks of the negotiations that he went thru with Mayweather to get a Oscar rematch going then PBF unceremoniously announcing his retirement.

Richard Schaefer, the CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, is usually a calm, cool and collected sort. The former Swiss banker doesn't get rattled easily.

Tuesday morning, however, he sounded rattled, expressing concern about why Floyd Mayweather Jr. has not signed his contract to face welterweight champ Shane Mosley on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, in as big of a fight as there is in the sport.

Mosley, of course, put pen to paper on Friday in Las Vegas, where his attorney, Judd Burstein, went through the paperwork with him point by point.

Burstein also added that he had been assured by Leonard Ellerbe, one of Mayweather's advisers, that there were no problems on their side.

Ellerbe's quote to me for the story I wrote Friday was, "All of the deal points have been agreed to. We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to."

Yet five days later, Schaefer still does not have a signed agreement from Mayweather. He was clearly at wit's end when he called me about it Tuesday morning.

"He still hasn't signed. I am so frustrated," Schaefer said. "I wanted both guys to go down to the Super Bowl in Miami to do some promotional stuff. I don't know what Floyd is waiting for. I have no clue. I have a signed contract from Shane on my desk. I have nothing from Floyd."

Schaefer said he is in constant touch with Ellerbe and Al Haymon, Mayweather's other adviser, and when he asks them where the paperwork is, the response is always the same: "Every day, it's the next day. They say, 'Don't worry, it's going to come.' Well, where is it? I'm waiting for the signature before we can move on."

"I am outraged," Burstein said when I reached him Tuesday afternoon. "I have a client who acts in a professional manner. He allows me to negotiate a deal for him in constant consultation with him. When it all gets put on paper, we go over it and, as promised, he signs if it's OK. That's what happened on Friday. It was signed with the assurance from Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe that everything was agreed to and there was no problem."

"It's either one of two things that has happened," he said. "Either he's rethought the wisdom of risking his undefeated record against Shane or he chooses to act like a 7-year-old. Hopefully, it's the latter and he will mature very quickly. But either of these possibilities is completely unacceptable to us. He's going to end up in a fight with Mosley. The only question is whether it will be in the ring or in court."

Now, May 1 is still a ways off, but for a megafight the magnitude of Mosley-Mayweather, kicking it off with promotional appearances at the Super Bowl is significant. When Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya met in May 2007, their media rounds at the Super Bowl generated enormous interest in the fight, which went on to set the all-time pay-per-view record.

Schaefer wants to follow the same blueprint. He said Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr., who will meet April 3 in a pay-per-view rematch that Golden Boy is co-promoting, will be in Miami to help drum up interest in their fight, so he can't understand why Mayweather is MIA.

So I asked Schaefer if he was concerned that the Mosley-Mayweather fight might be in trouble?

"At this point, I don't know," he said. "We want to do some big PR, so this is frustrating. I read Leonard's quotes that it was agreed to and that it was just a matter of time to get it signed, but if it's all done, why isn't it signed?"

Schaefer has been down this road with Mayweather before, perhaps one of the reasons for his concern. He negotiated a fall 2008 rematch between Mayweather and De La Hoya, which also had been agreed to and was on the verge of being announced. However, Mayweather never signed the paperwork and instead announced his retirement, which lasted 18 months.

"I am not having flashbacks to anything, but [the Mosley fight] is still not signed," Schaefer said. "I don't know what it means. Obviously, we can't move forward with the promotion, including some important activities that were planned for this coming weekend, unless we have a signed deal."

Before negotiating with Mosley, Mayweather was close to a deal to face Manny Pacquiao on March 13 in what would have been, by far, the sport's biggest fight. But that fight fell apart shortly before what was supposed to have been a kickoff news conference in early January. The reason was because the fighters couldn't reach a compromise on drug-testing protocol. Mayweather insisted on testing that went far beyond the rules of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. While Pacquiao accepted some additional testing, he refused random blood testing.

Both fighters moved on. Pacquiao quickly made a deal to defend his welterweight belt against Joshua Clottey on March 13 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Mayweather and Mosley began their talks after Mosley's Jan. 30 unification fight with Andre Berto was canceled.

So while Pacquiao wrapped up his deal with Clottey in about two seconds and Mosley signed on the dotted line in pretty short order, we all continue to wait for Mayweather's John Hancock yet again, including Schaefer.

"I always tell you, a signed deal is a done deal," Schaefer said. "It will only be done when Floyd signs, and that hasn't happened yet. I don't know of any deal terms that are not agreed to. I don't understand it."

(bleep) Mayweather . He just might go into retirement again . I still don't believe he's going to fight Mosley.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

(bleep) Mayweather . He just might go into retirement again . I still don't believe he's going to fight Mosley.

I'll wait until the SuperBowl to reserve any judgement.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject:

^^ Don't hold your breath waiting on it, you just might suffocate.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
So WHY does Floyd SUDDENLY want to test all his opponents because he never did that before. Why is Floyd SUDDENLY the be all end all when it comes to testing? Is he the NSAC or does he represent them? Here's a fact for you, Pacquiao passed every test 11 OUT OF 11 TIMES?!?!?

LMAO! Manny fans LOVE to go to the "Floyd doesn't run things" card because they have NO OTHER viable response that DOESN'T make Manny look like a little cheating (bleep).

In other words, Manny fans think there's NO PROBLEM with turning down 30-50 million simply because they don't want Manny to "take orders" from some dude THEY don't like! I love this (bleep)!

Yeah play your violin somewhere else, Floyd ALSO turned down 30-50 million not just Manny

Yeah, because FLOYD:

- Is afraid of needles
- Gets weak when his blood is drawn
- Wants to fight in the courtroom like a little (bleep) but NOT in the ring to prove he's not juiced

Not Manny!

Nah, Floyd

- Ducks fighters
- Makes baseless accusations
- Won't fight a welterweight
- Won't say yes to the fight even though his OWN advisors told him to take it.
- Comes up with all kinds of BS to kill the fight.

Not Manny
-
Floyd never ducked anyone. I'm going to believe you over Floyd and his former promoter who hates him. Arum said Floyd wanted to fight Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito, but the money was not enough.

If you say Mayweather ducked opponents -- Manny ducked SSM, Yuri, Mayweather, Blood tests, etc. I can say the same thing.

Team Pacquiao are liars who keep changing their story every time someone catches them in a lie.

Manny won't fight the best WW's without having all the advantages on fight night and weight draining them. LOL @ fighting for a 147 belt and making the champion fight at 145 when he has weight problems. Why the (bleep) are you fighting at WW and making your opponents fight in your own made up weight decisions? If you're fighting at WW... the fighters should be able to come in at the limit of 147. No excuses. I don't want to hear anymore bs about Manny being small because WW is his natural weight. He eats 7,000 calories and eats whatever he wants.

Are you going to listen to everything people tell you to do? Mayweather is his own boss and does whatever he wants. He's going to do whatever he wants because he calls his own shots. Mayweather is his own boss while Manny takes orders from Arum who is pimping him and using him.

If Manny wants to fight Floyd so bad... Why did he reject the 14 day cut off offer? The majority of boxing fans will agree with me that 14 day cut off date was more than enough to make the fight happen. A fighter who wants to fight will do anything to get in the ring, instead of making excuses, lies, etc.

Dr. Zhivago STILL hasn't responded

Sorry, I apologize! See I have this thing, it's called having a life?
It's really good for you, you should try it out sometime Mr. LG everyday (no that was NOT a compliment)
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
So WHY does Floyd SUDDENLY want to test all his opponents because he never did that before. Why is Floyd SUDDENLY the be all end all when it comes to testing? Is he the NSAC or does he represent them? Here's a fact for you, Pacquiao passed every test 11 OUT OF 11 TIMES?!?!?

LMAO! Manny fans LOVE to go to the "Floyd doesn't run things" card because they have NO OTHER viable response that DOESN'T make Manny look like a little cheating (bleep).

In other words, Manny fans think there's NO PROBLEM with turning down 30-50 million simply because they don't want Manny to "take orders" from some dude THEY don't like! I love this (bleep)!

Yeah play your violin somewhere else, Floyd ALSO turned down 30-50 million not just Manny

Yeah, because FLOYD:

- Is afraid of needles
- Wants to fight in the courtroom like a little (bleep) but NOT in the ring to prove he's not juiced

Not Manny!

Nah, Floyd

- Ducks fighters

Not Manny
-
Floyd never ducked anyone. I'm going to believe you over Floyd and his former promoter who hates him. Arum said Floyd wanted to fight Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito, but the money was not enough.

If you say Mayweather ducked opponents -- Manny ducked SSM, Yuri, Mayweather, Blood tests, etc. I can say the same thing.

Team Pacquiao are liars who keep changing their story every time someone catches them in a lie.

Manny won't fight the best WW's without having all the advantages on fight night and weight draining them. LOL @ fighting for a 147 belt and making the champion fight at 145 when he has weight problems. Why the (bleep) are you fighting at WW and making your opponents fight in your own made up weight decisions? If you're fighting at WW... the fighters should be able to come in at the limit of 147. No excuses. I don't want to hear anymore bs about Manny being small because WW is his natural weight. He eats 7,000 calories and eats whatever he wants.

Are you going to listen to everything people tell you to do? Mayweather is his own boss and does whatever he wants. He's going to do whatever he wants because he calls his own shots. Mayweather is his own boss while Manny takes orders from Arum who is pimping him and using him.

If Manny wants to fight Floyd so bad... Why did he reject the 14 day cut off offer? The majority of boxing fans will agree with me that 14 day cut off date was more than enough to make the fight happen. A fighter who wants to fight will do anything to get in the ring, instead of making excuses, lies, etc.

It's really good for you, you should try it out sometime Mr. LG everyday (no that was NOT a compliment)

TRANSLATION: "I can't always get to the library's computer" - LMAO!
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, because FLOYD:

- Is afraid of needles

Not Manny!

Nah, Floyd

- Ducks fighters

Not Manny
-

Weak
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, because FLOYD:

- Is afraid of needles

Not Manny!

Nah, Floyd

- Ducks fighters

Not Manny
-

TRANSLATION: "I'm alone in my mother's basement, I'm 45 years old and I don't have a girlfriend, but I do however have World of Warcraft"

ouch.
ptm2020
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ptm2020 wrote:
In 2005 Shane & Oscar didn't have a reason to fight Floyd, his only significant win was over Arturo Gatti and he still wasn't a draw on their level.

Floyd was calling them out because he wanted to move up to a higher pay level.

It wasn't till after his wins against Judah & Baldomir did he become a viable business decision.

Floyd wasn't exactly seeking out Shane after the Marquez fight and it woulda been a publicity nightmare if he didn't take the Shane fight now because of the Haiti earthquake forcing Berto to withdraw.

I'm actually happy that Floyd is Fighting Shane so I won't harp on that at all, plus the fight will be great for boxing.

Now I'm wondering what the exact date did Freddy make that quote on because after Cotto the only fight Pac needed to go after was against Floyd, when it fell through Shane was already signed to Berto.

When the Berto fight fell through Pac was already signed to Clottey.

If Shane came in during the time period after the Cotto fight then I can understand where Freddie is coming from. Why pursue Shane when the bigger payday and arguably easier fight was with Floyd.

If it was before the Cotto fight you can make a ducking case but even with that, Pac took the bigger draw fighter, with a title, who had a win over Shane.

If you call it ducking by these reasons then you should hold those reasons equal to when Floyd bypassed the Margarito fight for Baldomir, exept that Margarito was the better fighter of the two.

Aint nobody wanna touch gloves with me on this? Come on, I got some more ish to say but need a sparring partner.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 6 of 514
Jump to: