LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:
Yea, Floyd doesn't duck anybody -

Do you even know what ducking is?

Yep. He's a Manny fan...and Manny has (bleep)-out to fight Floyd.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
So WHY does Floyd SUDDENLY want to test all his opponents because he never did that before. Why is Floyd SUDDENLY the be all end all when it comes to testing? Is he the NSAC or does he represent them? Here's a fact for you, Pacquiao passed every test 11 OUT OF 11 TIMES?!?!?

LMAO! Manny fans LOVE to go to the "Floyd doesn't run things" card because they have NO OTHER viable response that DOESN'T make Manny look like a little cheating (bleep).

In other words, Manny fans think there's NO PROBLEM with turning down 30-50 million simply because they don't want Manny to "take orders" from some dude THEY don't like! I love this (bleep)!

Yeah play your violin somewhere else, Floyd ALSO turned down 30-50 million not just Manny

Yeah, because FLOYD:

- Is afraid of needles
- Gets weak when his blood is drawn
- Wants to fight in the courtroom like a little (bleep) but NOT in the ring to prove he's not juiced

Not Manny!

Nah, Floyd

- Ducks fighters
- Makes baseless accusations
- Won't fight a welterweight
- Won't say yes to the fight even though his OWN advisors told him to take it.
- Comes up with all kinds of BS to kill the fight.

Not Manny
-
Floyd never ducked anyone. I'm going to believe you over Floyd and his former promoter who hates him. Arum said Floyd wanted to fight Hatton, Cotto, and Margarito, but the money was not enough.

If you say Mayweather ducked opponents -- Manny ducked SSM, Yuri, Mayweather, Blood tests, etc. I can say the same thing.

Team Pacquiao are liars who keep changing their story every time someone catches them in a lie.

Manny won't fight the best WW's without having all the advantages on fight night and weight draining them. LOL @ fighting for a 147 belt and making the champion fight at 145 when he has weight problems. Why the (bleep) are you fighting at WW and making your opponents fight in your own made up weight decisions? If you're fighting at WW... the fighters should be able to come in at the limit of 147. No excuses. I don't want to hear anymore bs about Manny being small because WW is his natural weight. He eats 7,000 calories and eats whatever he wants.

Are you going to listen to everything people tell you to do? Mayweather is his own boss and does whatever he wants. He's going to do whatever he wants because he calls his own shots. Mayweather is his own boss while Manny takes orders from Arum who is pimping him and using him.

If Manny wants to fight Floyd so bad... Why did he reject the 14 day cut off offer? The majority of boxing fans will agree with me that 14 day cut off date was more than enough to make the fight happen. A fighter who wants to fight will do anything to get in the ring, instead of making excuses, lies, etc.

Dr. Zhivago STILL hasn't responded
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Floyd hasn't ducked until 147. He's been very cautious and hasn't fought a true 147er since late 2006.

So I definitely give him props for stepping up and fighting arguably the top welterweight in the world right now. Shane may cause problems (1) because Shane is just as fast and (2) Shane is definitely stronger than Floyd.

I don't see any KO's in this fight .......
Floyd was willing to fight Hatton, Cotto, and Margacheato for $10 million each, but Arum offered him $8 million for each fight. Arum said the same thing a few weeks ago to the press. Why would his former promoter who hates Mayweather say the same thing he said about fighting Cotto, Arum, and Hatton?

Mayweather also wanted $20 million to fight DLH, but Arum said no. Mayweather left Top Rank and made $25 million fighting DLH without Top Rank and Bob Arum.

Floyd never ducked anyone and Manny needs to stop cherry picking his opponents.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Show me proof of Mayweather ducking anyone at 147.

Do you guys even know who was the first people to say Mayweather was ducking opponents?

Bob Arum, the same guy who hates Mayweather and hates doing business with Mayweather.

Quote:
"Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quack quack quack....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quack quack quack....

See. Turned 'em into little birdies. Manny, why'd you do it?!?!!?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quack quack quack....

Quack quack quack...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Floyd hasn't ducked until 147. He's been very cautious and hasn't fought a true 147er since late 2006.

So I definitely give him props for stepping up and fighting arguably the top welterweight in the world right now. Shane may cause problems (1) because Shane is just as fast and (2) Shane is definitely stronger than Floyd.

Floyd was willing to fight Hatton, Cotto, and Margacheato for $10 million each, but Arum offered him $8 million for each fight. Arum said the same thing a few weeks ago to the press. Why would his former promoter who hates Mayweather say the same thing he said about fighting Cotto, Arum, and Hatton?

Mayweather also wanted $20 million to fight DLH, but Arum said no. Mayweather left Top Rank and made $25 million fighting DLH without Top Rank and Bob Arum.

I doubt those were the only guys at 147 and that's what I mean by being cautious. Early in Floyd's career, being the best in that weight class (130, 135 and 140) and he was the best. Just because you have a title doesn't make you the best. There was no doubt at 130-140, he was the best in the game. You think he would have been the first fighter to take less and fight the best? Hearns, Hagler, Leonard and Duran did it. Hell, their names could have made them more money but they fought one another multiple times. I'm just trying to get Floyd to fight one of the best at 147 just one time. This was the reason we couldn't get Hopkins and Jones to fight one another at 160. Money. Now we will never know who would have been the best between those two 13 years ago. 60/40 split kept that fight from happening.

At 147, it became about that money for Floyd; and as far as Manny picking cherry opponents, compare the last ten fights of both fighters and see who has the better resume - and I'm not even a Manny lover, just your average boxing fan. One thing you will see, Manny doesn't have people coming up in weight to fight him and is often going up to fight the opponent in their respective weight class and waxing their asses.

All I've ever wanted was Floyd to get in the ring and mix it up with the best at 147. Dude's been in the weight class for four years and hasn't fought one of the top five 147ers until now.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quack quack quack....

Quack quack quack...

Fly, robin, flyyyyyy!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
At 147, it became about that money for Floyd; and as far as Manny picking cherry opponents, compare the last ten fights of both fighters and see who has the better resume - and I'm not even a Manny lover, just your average boxing fan. One thing you will see, Manny doesn't have people coming up in weight to fight him and is often going up to fight the opponent in their respective weight class and waxing their asses.

And that's why some people (except rabid Manny fans) wondering if he's on anything, which is why Floyd's camp wanted the Oly-style testing.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quack quack quack....

Nissan must be Daffy and LB must be Donald .
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

If this fight takes place because I still have my doubts, Shane will win by knockout. We'll see if Floyd can take a punch. I have my doubts.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Floyd Mayweather is a point fighter. He runs runs and runs, he better hope he gets a lead on Mosely in the early rounds, because he could be in trouble if he has to fight Mosely in the later rounds to win the fight.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Floyd Mayweather is a point fighter. He runs runs and runs, he better hope he gets a lead on Mosely in the early rounds, because he could be in trouble if he has to fight Mosely in the later rounds to win the fight.
Mosley is going to win the early rounds and Mayweather will adjust to his style after the 3rd round. Mosley has the first 4 rounds to score a knockout because he's not going to outbox Mayweather or win by decision.

Don't be mad because Mayweather mastered the sweet science of boxing. Tell me when it became cool to get a beating in the ring...

Making $30 million without a scratch on you and winning > Making $30 million, possibly losing the fight, and doing damage to your body.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Mosley is going to win the early rounds and Mayweather will adjust to his style after the 3rd round. Mosley has the first 4 rounds to score a knockout because he's not going to outbox Mayweather or win by decision.

Don't be mad because Mayweather mastered the sweet science of boxing. Tell me when it became cool to get a beating in the ring...

Making $30 million without a scratch on you and winning > Making $30 million, possibly losing the fight, and doing damage to your body.

Sweet science of boxing is running ??????
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I doubt those were the only guys at 147 and that's what I mean by being cautious. Early in Floyd's career, being the best in that weight class (130, 135 and 140) and he was the best. Just because you have a title doesn't make you the best. There was no doubt at 130-140, he was the best in the game. You think he would have been the first fighter to take less and fight the best? Hearns, Hagler, Leonard and Duran did it. Hell, their names could have made them more money but they fought one another multiple times. I'm just trying to get Floyd to fight one of the best at 147 just one time. This was the reason we couldn't get Hopkins and Jones to fight one another at 160. Money. Now we will never know who would have been the best between those two 13 years ago. 60/40 split kept that fight from happening.

All I've ever wanted was Floyd to get in the ring and mix it up with the best at 147. Dude's been in the weight class for four years and hasn't fought one of the top five 147ers until now.
Manny cherry picked his opponents. Do you know what Roach said about Clottey? He's not a very good boxer. Why are you fighting a guy who won't give you a challenge?

Floyd is fighting SSM... Manny never fought someone like SSM. Mosley is the most dangerous WW, champ at 147, #1 WW, an #3 p4p. When did Manny ever fight someone like Mosley without weight draining him before the fight?

Floyd is fighting the boxer Manny was afraid of fighting at 147 and Manny is fighting Clottey.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

That dumb comment just tells me you don't know boxing and you're just a hater.

Running? Nah, it's called having one of the best defense of all time.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SPORTS AND DEFENSE WINS IN BOXING!
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

lmao, is it true that he runs ? I'm not the one accusing me of this and that, your the hater. Yes he runs, and is a point fighter, FACE THE TRUTH, don't get mad about it.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

lmao, is it true that he runs ? I'm not the one accusing me of this and that, your the hater. Yes he runs, and is a point fighter, FACE THE TRUTH, don't get mad about it.
Running and being a counter puncher with great defense is two different things. Boxing is not just about offense.

How many fighters have had the same game plan and failed to execute the game plan against Floyd?

Why don't fighters just cut the ring from Floyd and take control of the ring? You're acting like you know what you're talking about... Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time with one of the greatest defense of all time.

Quote:
“Manny will knock him out,...I’ve been studying tapes of him (Clottey), (and) he’s not very good. I think if we break him (Clottey) down, we can get him out of there in the late rounds."

"He (Clottey) has a passive defense and leaves his body wide open for a while when he puts his hands up like that. When we dig to the body and break him down, I think we can get him out of there."

“It (Clottey’s size) is always a concern, of course. But the thing is, going into the ring, my guy (Pacquiao) is going to be about 149 (lbs) and the other guy will is going to have to be about 10-12 pounds on him and be bigger. But size doesn’t win fights. Ability does!"

Stop cherry picking on other fighters, lol.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Running and being a counter puncher with great defense is two different things. Boxing is not just about offense.

How many fighters have had the same game plan and failed to execute the game plan against Floyd?

Why don't fighters just cut the ring from Floyd and take control of the ring? You're acting like you know what you're talking about... Floyd is one of the greatest fighters of all time with one of the greatest defense of all time.

Quote:
“Manny will knock him out,...I’ve been studying tapes of him (Clottey), (and) he’s not very good. I think if we break him (Clottey) down, we can get him out of there in the late rounds."

"He (Clottey) has a passive defense and leaves his body wide open for a while when he puts his hands up like that. When we dig to the body and break him down, I think we can get him out of there."

“It (Clottey’s size) is always a concern, of course. But the thing is, going into the ring, my guy (Pacquiao) is going to be about 149 (lbs) and the other guy will is going to have to be about 10-12 pounds on him and be bigger. But size doesn’t win fights. Ability does!"

He doesn't engage, he's a 1 punch fighter and get out. He doesn't exchange ever, he's a point fighter, he's a run first, punch second fighter, why you get all pissed off about that?? He fights that way even against smaller fighters like Hatton and Marquez. He is the same as Pernall Whittaker imo.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Quote:

He doesn't engage, he's a 1 punch fighter and get out. He doesn't exchange ever, he's a point fighter, he's a run first, punch second fighter, why you get all pissed off about that?? He fights that way even against smaller fighters like Hatton and Marquez. He is the same as Pernall Whittaker imo.
This post proves to me you just started watching boxing.

Go watch Floyd's fights at 135 and I dare you to say he never stood toe to toe with fighters.

Manny is an offensive fighter because he has the speed, power, and doesn't have the great defense.

What's the difference between being a great counter puncher and running?
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Quote:

Go watch Floyd's fights at 135 and I dare you to say he never stood toe to toe with fighters.

Manny is an offensive fighter because he has the speed, power, and doesn't have the great defense.

A great counter got a KO PUNCH. I don't think you ever boxed before, their is a difference between a quick counter punch to keep someone off balance and a KO Punch to take someone out. He throws 1 punch and runs on his counters.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Quote:

A great counter got a KO PUNCH. I don't think you ever boxed before, their is a difference between a quick counter punch to keep someone off balance and a KO Punch to take someone out. He throws 1 punch and runs on his counters.
He takes advantage of the mistakes his opponents make during the fight.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Quote:

He takes advantage of the mistakes his opponents make during the fight.

I agree with that, but his style is to run first , and punch second
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Nissan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quack quack quack....

Nissan must be Daffy and LB must be Donald .

And AJ MUST be Minnie .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 5 of 514
Jump to: