LAKERS -at- BUCKS - 12/16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSince72 wrote:

BTW, I really enjoyed Kobephobia in lieu of the Four Horsemen. And don't you really believe that that call could've gone either way? I mean, this is a two guard running into a ligit 7 footer. Dude gambled for the charging and was half a step too late. The only luck was that we got such a call on the road I think!

Frankly, if this were the other way around, I know I would think it was a bad call. Problem is, and I know we say this a lot around here...is that if you are going to rely on getting a call (especially a block/charge) to go your way in the final seconds on D...you've already done something wrong. I'd be ticked right now at the choke job especially from the line and coughing up that 6-point lead if I were the Bucks more so than the call. One team looked clutch as hell, the other withered.

I definitely agree, we were fortunate to get that call to go our way on the road. We didn't get a couple others in OT, but we got a key one. I think the one ref with what looked like an unobstructed view just wasn't going to make a call either way on that play in OT. He was letting them play. The other ref knew something happened and was looking for a little help, none came. Kobe's spin probably saved him.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
pau is playing a game right now i didn't think he was capable of; his rebounding and defensive have vastly improved over the last three years. i always knew he was a brilliantly talented offensive player, with a myriad of offensive moves, seemingly unparalleled for a player of his size, but i was skeptical of how well he could rebound - a career 9 reb avg. - and how well he could defend at his position. he's playing unbelievable basketball right now.

He's going after it. Bynum being healthy and getting some of the post touches seems to have made Pau do some more of the garbage/hustle-play things on the offensive end. Defensively, he's just working very hard. Phil challenged him a couple years back to elevate his rebounding after his first season here. He's beasting it up right now. Fun to watch.

(...I liked Hot Rod last night with the rebound count every time Pau pulled down another one. He's trying to find a niche as a color guy... )
LakersFan_73
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

DB, we greatly appreciate all that you do for us as is. The fact that you do all that writing while enjoying the game itself + family? Thats crazy?

Thanks. Schedule went something like this: Done with work around 5:30. Watch first quarter. Stop to eat dinner with family. Watch rest of game. Put down laptop for final second plays. Scream loudly at the buzzer. Celebrate a few seconds with LG. Go read a book to my son at bedtime. Return and write up report.

Wow. I dont have kids yet. But I always worry I'll neglect my kids b/c of a laker game... you are truly showing us you can do both.

I guess as long as we still have your writeups when I do have my own kids I'll be ok to miss a game or two (not playoffs of course).

That's why God invented the DVR!! I almost watch all of my games using the DVR - it gives me time with the kids & it let's me fast-forward the commercials.
lala_land
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Great analysis of the game. Can I look forward to reading these after every game?

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject:

lala_land wrote:
Great analysis of the game. Can I look forward to reading these after every game?

Been doing it for a few years, every game. Welcome to the site.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
lala_land wrote:

Been doing it for a few years, every game. Welcome to the site.

Damn. I think I made the wrong song. Maybe it should of been called: "You Ain't DancingBarry"

Could have sent a special shoutout to the abbots (misspelled on purpose) and simmonses had I done that song! Hmmm...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Nah, you're good.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LakerSince72 wrote:

BTW, I really enjoyed Kobephobia in lieu of the Four Horsemen. And don't you really believe that that call could've gone either way? I mean, this is a two guard running into a ligit 7 footer. Dude gambled for the charging and was half a step too late. The only luck was that we got such a call on the road I think!

Frankly, if this were the other way around, I know I would think it was a bad call. Problem is, and I know we say this a lot around here...is that if you are going to rely on getting a call (especially a block/charge) to go your way in the final seconds on D...you've already done something wrong. I'd be ticked right now at the choke job especially from the line and coughing up that 6-point lead if I were the Bucks more so than the call. One team looked clutch as hell, the other withered.

I definitely agree, we were fortunate to get that call to go our way on the road. We didn't get a couple others in OT, but we got a key one. I think the one ref with what looked like an unobstructed view just wasn't going to make a call either way on that play in OT. He was letting them play. The other ref knew something happened and was looking for a little help, none came. Kobe's spin probably saved him.

One play usually doesn't decide a game. In this instance. I thought the missed free-throws by the Bucks in then closing seconds was where the game was really lost. If he makes both, it's a two possession game with very little time left.

All the crying about a bad call is just that. make your free-thrwos, which for a good shooter are better than lay-ups, and you win. It's that simple.

SGH
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: