NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2702, 2703, 2704 ... 2735, 2736, 2737  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

A deal that gets us Murray and Capela is actually pretty exciting, I think Hawks have such a toxic culture that you probably saw a lack of focus from guys like Capela on that team, with the right environment I could see Murray and Capela helping us
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Help us what? Struggle to make the play-in again? That isn’t the move Deuce.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Help us what? Struggle to make the play-in again? That isn’t the move Deuce.

Lakers would have won 50+ games had Ham did not mess around with line ups, Lakers are already a better team with not having to deal with Ham’s stupidity
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:45 pm    Post subject:

It relies a bit on DJM returning to his pre-Hawks form, but he can be everything the Lakers need. He could be the 3rd scorer, an amazing defender, and a really good rebounder for his position. He had a season averaging 8 rebs per game.

2-way players are significant upgrades from 1 way players. Just look at how much better the Celtics got going from Smart to Holiday.

The fact that DJM will be replacing one of DLo or AR defensively will help.

And I really think it's reasonable that DJM returns to form on defense on another team. The Hawks are one of the worst teams on defense in the entire NBA, with him playing next to a bad defender.

I like using Avery Bradley as an example, because I remember him having absolutely putrid defensive metrics before going to LA. He went to LA, and he ended up being really good on that end.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:49 pm    Post subject:

The marginal upgrade from DLo to DJM is not worth trading draft picks just to say you did something.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
The marginal upgrade from DLo to DJM is not worth trading draft picks just to say you did something.

This depends on what defense you get from DJM. If Murray is bringing the defense he showed in his Spurs days, we have a significant defensive upgrade, without losing the offense impact.

That's the main thing that tempts me. DLO is not a 2-way guy. He and Reaves are 1-way threats. We need bonafide elite defense to be a contender with AD. When AD is your best athlete, you need to have great defenders to be able to take advantage of his talents.

In a way, sort of like 19-20, the slowest defender with least impact needs to be Lebron. Instead for us it's Lebron, DLO and Reaves all whom often put us at a defensive disadvantage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

This depends on what defense you get from DJM. If Murray is bringing the defense he showed in his Spurs days, we have a significant defensive upgrade, without losing the offense impact.

That's the main thing that tempts me. DLO is not a 2-way guy. He and Reaves are 1-way threats. We need bonafide elite defense to be a contender with AD. When AD is your best athlete, you need to have great defenders to be able to take advantage of his talents.

In a way, sort of like 19-20, the slowest defender with least impact needs to be Lebron. Instead for us it's Lebron, DLO and Reaves all whom often put us at a defensive disadvantage.

You have to trust players for what they are. DJM hasn't played D in years. And I'm a DJM fan. You also have to consider the fact that DJM would be a 3rd/4th option here. How would his game translate to lesser shots? He has had the greenlight in ATL. Would possilby help on him a D more.

You can add RUi to that list that we are often at a disadvantage with on defense.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Side note-I also have an issue with the Lakers valuing Rui over DLo (if he opts in). If he opts in, keeping him and shopping Rui would not be the worse thing in the world, if we care about wins.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Torrey Craig will soon decline his $2.8 million player option with the Bulls to hit free agency.

Craig will garner a lot of interest from contending teams in need of a wing with postseason experience.

https://x.com/esidery/status/1804258122212450593
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

The deal we offered at the deadline (DLo+JHS+1 FRP) was an overpay but an understandable one given DLo’s looming flight risk. There’s an argument to be made that DLo was better last year, so adding a first and a guy who was a first a few months ago was throwing a lot of extras in the pile to get it done.

Now I would imagine the package would have to be even bigger. Murray isn’t a bad player or anything. I’d like to have him. But his greatest strength, defense, has been declining for several seasons. He’s just an ok shooter. He’s a PG that doesn’t really playmake that well. Even if you’re saying he’s a reasonable upgrade over DLo that isn’t worth multiple picks. Wings and Bigs should be higher on the priority list than another guard.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1803960810714337295

Lonzo for the a vet Min ....come on down
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Mitchell Robinson on the block. Hmmm maybe if Knicks lose OG they might be open to Rui stright up for Mitchell?

When healthy that kid is a defensive and rebounding beast.

Get CP3 on the team and you got a little lob city.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

The deal we offered at the deadline (DLo+JHS+1 FRP) was an overpay but an understandable one given DLo’s looming flight risk. There’s an argument to be made that DLo was better last year, so adding a first and a guy who was a first a few months ago was throwing a lot of extras in the pile to get it done.

Now I would imagine the package would have to be even bigger. Murray isn’t a bad player or anything. I’d like to have him. But his greatest strength, defense, has been declining for several seasons. He’s just an ok shooter. He’s a PG that doesn’t really playmake that well. Even if you’re saying he’s a reasonable upgrade over DLo that isn’t worth multiple picks. Wings and Bigs should be higher on the priority list than another guard.

I'm sorry "overpay" .... Lakers overpay for DJM. Offering DLO + JHS + 1 FRP ... is an overpay for DJM? When it cost ATL 3 FRP. Some of you guys are funnnnnnny.

Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Murray is twice the player DLo is...

Murray is more athletic, a better scorer, better defender, locked in a long term deal, 1 year younger.

DLo is a better 3 point shooter. He shot a career high 41% last season. Murray was at 36%.

DLo can be a dynamite knock down shooter. You ask him to do anything else and your asking for trouble.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1803960810714337295

Lonzo for the a vet Min ....come on down

Play him every other game to see if he can
Survive
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Murray is more athletic, a better scorer, better defender, locked in a long term deal, 1 year younger.

DLo is a better 3 point shooter. He shot a career high 41% last season. Murray was at 36%.

DLo can be a dynamite knock down shooter. You ask him to do anything else and your asking for trouble.

You may not like DLO, I don't that much either, but your statement if false. Murray isn't twice the player. Lol. He barely had an impact on a bad Atlanta team with supposedly decent players. He had stats, but little impact
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

You can’t have Dlo and AR both at perimeter and expect to win in the playoff nor expect 40 years old Lebron to be consistent first option throughout the playoff series. AD is not even a 2nd option to say the list and definitely not a first option . We gonna have to get that someone who can fill in the gap. ideally, Spida would be that player but I believe Murray is capable. Rondo was declining defensively too but he get into another gear defensively in the playoff like Lebron usually does. A lot of teams in the West are gonna be better and we are barely a play in team with both AD and Lebron relatively healthy granted Ham can’t even balance his mix.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Mitchell Robinson on the block. Hmmm maybe if Knicks lose OG they might be open to Rui stright up for Mitchell?

I don’t believe Rui is Thibo coveted type of player, but Vando maybe. Robinson will be a necessity in the regular season but luxury comes playoff.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I'm sorry "overpay" .... Lakers overpay for DJM. Offering DLO + JHS + 1 FRP ... is an overpay for DJM? When it cost ATL 3 FRP. Some of you guys are funnnnnnny.

Yes, it would have been an overpay. Just because Atlanta overpaid even worse, a mistake they’re now trying to dig their way out of, is not an argument in favor. Murray is a comparable player to Russell. If you think he’s better that’s fine but he’s not drastically better. Not two first round picks better. Now you want to add more?

Murray coasted off a defensive reputation in San Antonio that hasn’t been there for years. He didn’t improve Atlanta one iota. After a year and a half he was being shopped. His contract holds genuine appeal. He’s not a bad player by any means. He’s fine. If you overpay for him you’re just repeating the mistake Atlanta made. With our limited draft capital it’s a mistake we can’t afford to make.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

You may not like DLO, I don't that much either, but your statement if false. Murray isn't twice the player. Lol. He barely had an impact on a bad Atlanta team with supposedly decent players. He had stats, but little impact

Murray was ATL’s best player when Trae got injured and he put up so very nice stats, if he’s your 3rd options that’s a very nice addition
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

he makes AD look like ac green
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Murray was not complimentary player to Trae and vice versa. Atlanta usually get the most out of him when he is running the team and Trae is not in the lineup and the same with Trae. Trading AR would be parallel move but AR and him would much better defensively because Murray have the athleticism to match up with those gazelles.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

You can’t have Dlo and AR both at perimeter and expect to win in the playoff nor expect 40 years old Lebron to be consistent first option throughout the playoff series. AD is not even a 2nd option to say the list and definitely not a first option . We gonna have to get that someone who can fill in the gap. ideally, Spida would be that player but I believe Murray is capable. Rondo was declining defensively too but he get into another gear defensively in the playoff like Lebron usually does. A lot of teams in the West are gonna be better and we are barely a play in team with both AD and Lebron relatively healthy granted Ham can’t even balance his mix.

I agree which is why I think we should rebuild. The problem is not Murray, it’s the cost to get Murray. This is not a player worth a starter and multiple picks. We just witnessed Atlanta trade multiple picks for him and they didn’t improve a lick. He doesn’t solve our creation problems or our defensive problems (look at results, not reputations) and acquiring him leaves us with almost nothing left to plug the other more pressing holes on the team. I would have held my nose and accepted the DLo/JHS/1st deal at the deadline because of the contract situation but anything more than that is a mistake that will cost us for many many years.

Last edited by ocho on Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Side note-I also have an issue with the Lakers valuing Rui over DLo (if he opts in). If he opts in, keeping him and shopping Rui would not be the worse thing in the world, if we care about wins.

Both should be shop if we believed defense wins championship.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CRoost wrote:
ocho wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I agree which is why I think we should rebuild. The problem is not Murray, it’s the cost to get Murray. This is not a player worth a starter and multiple picks. We just witnessed Atlanta trade multiple picks for him and they didn’t improve a lick. He doesn’t solve our creation problems or our defensive problems (look at results, not reputations) and acquiring him leaves us with almost nothing left to plug the other more pressing holes on the team. I would have held my nose and accepted the DLo/JHS/1st deal at the deadline because of the contract situation but anything more than that is a mistake that will cost us for many many years.

Rebuild if Lebron leaves.

Atlanta was building around Trae and they pick the wrong player to surround him. I just don’t think they compliment each other . If the cost is AR, I have to say No . AR is a big game player. But this year FRP and 29 with protection then yes .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2702, 2703, 2704 ... 2735, 2736, 2737  Next
Page 2703 of 2737
Jump to: