JJ Redick is Officially named 29th Lakers Head Coach (NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 209, 210, 211  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ocho wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Dan Hurley is going into today’s meeting with Lakers “completely open-minded” and the plan is that he will fly back home and mull the decision over the weekend, source told @TheFieldOf68

https://x.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1799190579223601460

Ehhhhhhhhh.

Throw another 10 million in and say that is for signing today. Lol

If you need the weekend to think about $100M there might be a problem here. But I will keep hope alive.

Just time to give UConn an opportunity to beat it, then the Lakers an oppourtunity to beat that, until one side taps out.

Also Goodman hasn't been really reliable for a while. I just remember he was close with the Ball family during Zos college days

Goodman is not the source. The source is https://x.com/TheFieldOf68/status/1799200599298158771

That guy thinks he goes to the Lakers. Makes sense though if he wants to tell Uconn in person. He has accomplished a lot there to not tell them on the phone I guess
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Fanta just now

“I have it on good authority the Lakers are offering him (Hurley) $100 million guaranteed.”

(bleep)

https://x.com/huskypros/status/1799177396752621916?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

Jeanie: I’m going to honor my dad and give him the Magic treatment…only this time we’ll offer $100m…guaranteed!

Rob: Got it! I’ll offer him a contract that stipulates $100m for a 100 years.

Jeanie: But that would mean every year Dan would get…{gets cut off}

Rob: https://media1.tenor.com/m/6PFS7ABeJGEAAAAC/dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

Jeanie: where’s that freaking Kobe death stare “laser” when you need it!
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:25 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Fanta just now

“I have it on good authority the Lakers are offering him (Hurley) $100 million guaranteed.”

(bleep)

https://x.com/huskypros/status/1799177396752621916?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

Jeanie: I’m going to honor my dad and give him the Magic treatment…only this time we’ll offer $100m…guaranteed!

Rob: Got it! I’ll offer him a contract that stipulates $100m for a 100 years.

Jeanie: But that would mean every year Dan would get…{gets cut off}

Rob: https://media1.tenor.com/m/6PFS7ABeJGEAAAAC/dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

Jeanie: where’s that freaking Kobe death stare “laser” when you need it!

is she gonna let rambis pick his assistants?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Second season of House of Dragons about to start. Do like you did your brother in season one and don’t let this drag on. Dude’s been draggin our Lakers for a minute. Do Kob proud and dracarys his ass already….up the offer on Hurley and you get a good season out of it.

Damn shoulda wrote that all in spoiler tags. My bad!

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:28 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Dan Hurley is going into today’s meeting with Lakers “completely open-minded” and the plan is that he will fly back home and mull the decision over the weekend, source told @TheFieldOf68

https://x.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1799190579223601460

Ehhhhhhhhh.

Throw another 10 million in and say that is for signing today. Lol

If you need the weekend to think about $100M there might be a problem here. But I will keep hope alive.

Someone posted a tweet about how his wife will have a big say in the decision. Given the importance of family to him, makes sense. I'm guessing he's a go, but he wants to make sure his wife is as well and get her opinion of Jeanie and Rob, the organization, LA.

I'm not sure how much of an issue this could be, but if his bio is correct, I don't think he's ever lived west of New Jersey. I'm sure they've traveled all over, but living is something else and east coast is just different than west coast, especially LA.

Also, now that it's out there, he may not be able to get $100 m elsewhere but he'll get a lot more now.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
ocho wrote:
https://x.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1799193013094388093

Reading between the lines, it seems we have an AD and JJ Redick beef going on now since Redick didn't vote for AD for any defensive awards.

And now AD is blocking JJ from the Lakers job.

There's no other Laker player with the power to tell brass what to do re: the head coach.

According to Woj, Dan was always #1. Going with your first (and obvious) choice doesn't take a veto from a player.

Link
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:
NBA Retweet
@RTNBA

“I happened to be with Dan Hurley last night. I leaned over and said: ‘You could win a lot of championships with the Lakers. More than a guy who’s never coached’. He looked at me and nodded… & I had no idea. woke up this morning, and somebody sent it to me and I went 'you gotta be kidding me...”.

-Geno
https://twitter.com/RTNBA/status/1798772669976072612

We all know how great a coach Geno is. He's got nothing to prove in college and Ive always wondered how come he doesn't want to coach in the NBA.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Sounds like he is kicking the tires/enjoying the romancing and likely staying at uconn. End of day he is an east coast college basketball geek. His family wants to stay there. He isn't going anywhere. Would you put your faith in Rob and Jeannie, especially when you are the toast of college ball? This isn't the Warriors or the Celtics org. It's the Jeannie Lakers. No money is worth that.

Despite the tremendous amount of anti-Lakers griping in the media (and on LG), being the Lakers HC with a $50-60 million dollar guaranteed contract is one of the top 5 jobs in American sports.

Convincing the wife and kids to live in LA from October to June (instead of anywhere with snow) is not a heavy lift.

No way in hell I would move my family to LA. If I were Mrs. Hurley I would move the family to Santa Barbara and tell my husband to enjoy the commute.

You watch too much Fox News. Crime has been down for years and (contrary to OAN reporting), the unhoused aren't accosting us ioutside of Target.

Park Mrs. Hurley behind a $10 million dollar gate off of Mulholland or a nice compound in Brentwood Circle where she's 15 minutes from world class shopping/dining and the kids are surrounded by $100K/year private schools.
She'll be just fine.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:38 pm    Post subject:

If that rumor is true -- $100M; then we have ourselves a lock. UCONN wont beat that and if they do, Lakers will just top it again. wow.

They value him more than Lue; great. I like that a lot.

I think Lue is better than Ham but I also didn't think he was someone to swing the fences for. I'm a hopeless optimist and will hope we got this right. May not win for a few years but I hope we have a good culture and entertaining ball in the mean time while he grows with them team and some of the players into a championship team again
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Sounds like he is kicking the tires/enjoying the romancing and likely staying at uconn. End of day he is an east coast college basketball geek. His family wants to stay there. He isn't going anywhere. Would you put your faith in Rob and Jeannie, especially when you are the toast of college ball? This isn't the Warriors or the Celtics org. It's the Jeannie Lakers. No money is worth that.

Despite the tremendous amount of anti-Lakers griping in the media (and on LG), being the Lakers HC with a $50-60 million dollar guaranteed contract is one of the top 5 jobs in American sports.

Convincing the wife and kids to live in LA from October to June (instead of anywhere with snow) is not a heavy lift.

No way in hell I would move my family to LA. If I were Mrs. Hurley I would move the family to Santa Barbara and tell my husband to enjoy the commute.

You watch too much Fox News. Crime has been down for years and (contrary to OAN reporting), the unhoused aren't accosting us ioutside of Target.

Park Mrs. Hurley behind a $10 million dollar gate off of Mulholland or a nice compound in Brentwood Circle where she's 15 minutes from world class shopping/dining and the kids are surrounded by $100K/year private schools.
She'll be just fine.

Kids are grown now so no need to worry about that being a factor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
strong9 wrote:

She'll be just fine.

lol acting like they are about to move to skid row in compton. how on earth does LeBron and all the other wealthy NBA players live in this horrible city?! what a sacrafice

dumb
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
strong9 wrote:

She'll be just fine.

Does it surprise anyone that this particular poster would also have this particular opinion.

Doesn’t surprise me.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject:

there are few better places to live with money.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

If the guy goes back without signing 100m contract, it's a wrap up

Another guy used the Lakers as leverage.. Good for him

Same old same old
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure he is tired of that dog (bleep) Connecticut and New Jersey weather. More money and you don't have to deal with that.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

Same old same old

If Hurley goes back to UConn and turns down $100 million, it may be a sign that coaching the Lakers just isn't that attractive a job. Or it could mean that coaching LeBron isn't an attractive job.

Or maybe it would just mean Hurley and his wife want to stay in the Tri-state area.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:08 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Same old same old

If Hurley goes back to UConn and turns down $100 million, it may be a sign that coaching the Lakers just isn't that attractive a job. Or it could mean that coaching LeBron isn't an attractive job.

Or maybe it would just mean Hurley and his wife want to stay in the Tri-state area.

Don't colleges offer more benefits on the side as well? When USC hired Kingsburry it was reported that USC bought his two houses from him in Oklahoma, and bought him a $4M house in Los Angeles. So I think colleges offer perks that aren't included in the salary.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject:

coaching the lakers isnt a great job. its toxic. You are saddled with a polarizing aging star and a bunch of average at best players and a brittle star. The hope is we find a guy like Hurley who thinks they can be the one to fix it.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

Same old same old

He may want to tell UConn and his players in person before signing or before news of his deal comes out. He has to fly back there anyway.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Same old same old

He may want to tell UConn and his players in person before signing or before news of his deal comes out. He has to fly back there anyway.

I agree with this. I was referring to mulling the offer part...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
coaching the lakers isnt a great job. its toxic. You are saddled with a polarizing aging star and a bunch of average at best players and a brittle star. The hope is we find a guy like Hurley who thinks they can be the one to fix it.

See I hate this type of (bleep). This is something your haters say.

Any NBA job is attractive for a coach. Just like the NFL, not many jobs.

Now if Klutch is going to interfere then Hurley is going to say no thanks. I would think that’s something being discussed.

If he is using the Lakers as leverage for UCONN then I don’t know what to say. My guess $100M is over 8 years. Puts him in coach Spo bracket. It’s an overpay but this is what happens when you are cheap up to this point and you have strictly relied on being a bank account for Klutch.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

If that $100 million dollar contract is true, then Lakers are looking towards his leadership for the next decade, far ahead of whatever years of Lebron are left. I hope he gets some power in writing because you would hate to buy into the Lakers only for them to fire you 2 years into the job.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
zambia wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
27 wrote:
Pelinka should be President

Jesse Buss should be our GM

Hurley should be our coach with some say in GM decisions

I’d take that.

Jesse Buss is presently the assistant GM. What has he done or prevented.

Let us know how telling your professional superior that they are wrong on something has gone in your career.

It worked well for me, saved a lot of lives and paperwork. Jesse Buss is part owner of the Lakers. I’m sure he’s not afraid to speak to Rob, and say this is not the right direction.

Rob works for him
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

If it's a long-term contract, he wouldn't be "saddled" much longer. That star is closer to the end.

And if the talk of changing and actually development, I don't see how that is a toxic.

But I'm sure the whole "pay to play" in college, having to work the boosters, fundraising, as well as, actually doing what you're really there for, coaching and half the salary is probably the best route, right?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject:

SoCal88 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If it's a long-term contract, he wouldn't be "saddled" much longer. That star is closer to the end.

And if the talk of changing and actually development, I don't see how that is a toxic.

But I'm sure the whole "pay to play" in college, having to work the boosters, fundraising, as well as, actually doing what you're really there for, coaching and half the salary is probably the best route, right?

I think Hurley is the type of coach that would have a hard time coaching LeBron because of his personality
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 209, 210, 211  Next
Page 93 of 211
Jump to: