THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3731, 3732, 3733 ... 3737, 3738, 3739  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
But one still would need to explain why other Democratic candidates perform better than Biden in polls, if the assumption is that Democrats are under responding to polls.

Simple: They are younger...!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:30 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
trmiv wrote:
Man I hope this interview goes well. Is it live or pre-recorded?

Also hopefully we get a lot more from the campaign pushing just how dangerous Project 2025 is. Shockingly few people know what it is or how extreme it is. I mentioned it to a few friends today after the Heritage foundation goon’s terrorist threat and they hadn’t even heard of it.

I believe it will be taped early Friday then released/shown later that day.

I thought I heard tonight it was going to be taped Friday and aired Sunday.

This makes no sense, I want to see it live, not a couple of days later. People are gonna think it is edited and Joe needs to prove himself live...!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:59 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Also hopefully we get a lot more from the campaign pushing just how dangerous Project 2025 is. Shockingly few people know what it is or how extreme it is. I mentioned it to a few friends today after the Heritage foundation goon’s terrorist threat and they hadn’t even heard of it.

I believe it will be taped early Friday then released/shown later that day.

I thought I heard tonight it was going to be taped Friday and aired Sunday.

This makes no sense, I want to see it live, not a couple of days later. People are gonna think it is edited and Joe needs to prove himself live...!

These one-on-one interviews are always pre-taped. Then they edit and package for various slots. The Friday night airing will be the 50-60 minutes ABC thinks is most important or relevant. Some clips they will save for the Sunday morning show.

Biden usual does very well in one-one-one sit down interviews. He also does well at townhalls or anywhere he is interacting with voters so hopefully they will do more of those.

He's also doing a live press conference next week during an International event taking place in DC.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:42 am    Post subject:

A second debate in late July would help but I think it’s scheduled for September
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:00 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
A second debate in late July would help but I think it’s scheduled for September

Trump had been deriding Biden as too old and impaired, and unfortunately Biden's performance gave it credence. Barring some unforeseen event, I doubt Trump has the need to participate in a second debate.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:48 am    Post subject:

Since people feel free to post and/or refer to "negative" polls, then I now feel free to post the more positive ones.

Part of the way the right-leaning media and Republicans win is by depressing Democratic turnout by making you think it won't matter. So balancing "bad" news with "good" news is one of the few ways we can combat that there.

The race will be close. No single poll can be relied upon. But I will not let people come here and proclaim "Trump leads everywhere!" "Trump leads in all the swing states!" No he doesn't.

Quote:
Political Polls @PpollingNumbers

Biden took the lead in Wisconsin in the @DecisionDeskHQ polling average

🔵 Biden 47.7%
🔴 Trump 47.6%
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:17 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

This is a very long complicated read. Its wording will have you scurrying to find your Funk & Wagnalls.

PROJECT 2025

Democracy's fate lies in Biden's showing in the coming interviews. The world will be watching. C'mon Joe. Hit a Home Run.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:39 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I have seen polling all over the place. My friends who want Biden to stay in have a poll to back them up. Same goes for my friends who want Kamala instead.

Doesn't seem to matter either way. I don't think Biden will drop out no matter what.

That's what polling averages are for. It has clearly gotten worse for Biden.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject:

One thing that is worth pointing out -- swapping to Kamala would let her go on the offense and start attacking Trump. Democrats win if this is a referendum on Trump. Republicans win if this is a referendum on Biden. Imagine Kamala going on the attack against Trump, whether it be abortion, Jan6/democracy, his legal issues, and so on. This is why I say I worry about Biden as a campaigner as opposed to president -- I don't think he has the vigor to make a referendum on Trump.

There are white voters in the midwest who probably would vote for Joe and not Kamala, so it's not a move without downsides. I just think any additional "senior moments" from Biden will shift the conversation back to Biden when we need to be talking about Trump. (People want to blame the media like the NYT but people who follow traditional media prefer Biden anyway. The problem is what the random person thinks whose only exposure to politics is tiktok, Facebook, YouTube, and Joe Rogan.)
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:46 am    Post subject:

Here's a more concise overall description of Project 2025:

Quote:
What, exactly, is Project 2025?

Simply put, Project 2025 is a massive, 920-page document that outlines exactly what the next Trump presidency would look like. This doesn’t just include policy proposals — like immigration actions, educational proposals and economic plans — but rather a portrait of the America that conservatives hope to implement in the next Republican administration, be it Trump or someone else. The document is a thorough blueprint for how, exactly, to carry out such a vision, through recommendations for key White House staff, cabinet positions, Congress, federal agencies, commissions and boards. The plan goes so far as to outline a vetting process for appointing and hiring the right people in every level of government to carry out this vision.

The opening essay of the plan, written by Heritage Project President Kevin D. Roberts, succinctly summarizes the goal of Project 2025: a promise to make America a conservative nation. To do so, the next presidential administration should focus on four “broad fronts that will decide America’s future.”

Those four fronts include:

1) Restore the family as the centerpiece of American life and protect our children.

2) Dismantle the administrative state and return self-governance to the American people.

3) Defend our nation’s sovereignty, borders, and bounty against global threats.

4) Secure our God-given individual rights to live freely—what our Constitution calls “the Blessings of Liberty.”

The rest of the document sketches out, in detail, how the next Republican administration can execute their goals on these four fronts. That includes comprehensive outlines on what the White House and every single federal agency should do to overhaul its goals and day-to-day operations — from the Department of Agriculture to the Department of Defense, Small Business Administration and Financial Regulatory Agencies. Every sector of the executive branch has a detailed plan in Project 2025 that explains how it can carry out an ultra-conservative agenda.

Here's my translation of what it means in simpler terms:

Quote:
1) Restore the family as the centerpiece of American life and protect our children:

ONLY STRAIGHT WHITE CHRISTIAN FAMILIES SHOULD HAVE RIGHTS. WOMEN WILL BE SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS WITH NO BIRTH CONTROL, NO ACCESS TO ABORTION, NO RIGHTS. GAY PEOPLE, PEOPLE OF COLOR AND NON-CHRISTIANS WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS. CHILDREN SHOULD BE INDOCTRINATED INTO THIS WAY OF THINKING AND NOT EXPOSED TO PUBLIC EDUCATION OR MODERN CULTURE.

2) Dismantle the administrative state and return self-governance to the American people:

THEY WANT TO FIRE EVERYONE IN GOVERNEMENT PUBLIC SERVICE POSITIONS AND REPLACE THEM WITH WHITE CHRISTO-FASCIST TOADIES WITH ALLEGIANCE TO TRUMP. THEN THEY WANT TO DO AWAY WITH DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, EPA, AND ANY AGENCIES THAT PROTECT CITIZENS.

3) Defend our nation’s sovereignty, borders, and bounty against global threats:

AMERICA WILL EXIT NATO AND INSTEAD OF SIDING WITH DEMOCRATIC NATIONS WILL JOIN OTHER AUTHORITARIAN STATES LIKE RUSSIA AND CHINA WHO ALSO OPPRESS THEIR PEOPLE. THE ONLY IMMIGRANTS ALLOWED WILL BE WHITE CHRISTIANS WHO PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO REPUBLICANS AND TRUMP.

4) Secure our God-given individual rights to live freely—what our Constitution calls “the Blessings of Liberty:”

ONLY STRAIGHT WHITE RIGHT-WING CHRISTIAN MALES WILL BE ALLOWED TOTAL FREEDOM. EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO SUBMIT TO THEM.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
One thing that is worth pointing out -- swapping to Kamala would let her go on the offense and start attacking Trump. Democrats win if this is a referendum on Trump. Republicans win if this is a referendum on Biden. Imagine Kamala going on the attack against Trump, whether it be abortion, Jan6/democracy, his legal issues, and so on. This is why I say I worry about Biden as a campaigner as opposed to president -- I don't think he has the vigor to make a referendum on Trump.

There are white voters in the midwest who probably would vote for Joe and not Kamala, so it's not a move without downsides. I just think any additional "senior moments" from Biden will shift the conversation back to Biden when we need to be talking about Trump. (People want to blame the media like the NYT but people who follow traditional media prefer Biden anyway. The problem is what the random person thinks whose only exposure to politics is tiktok, Facebook, YouTube, and Joe Rogan.)

If America was willing to vote for a woman president, Hillary would be president right now.

The whole reason we got Trump was a "whitelash" to Obama being the first black president.

If you think these white people hated Obama and hated Hillary, wait until you learn what they think of black women, especially strong, smart, black women.

America is deeply racist and deeply misogynistic. Even for many on the left.

How many women ran in 2020? Everyone who said they wanted to vote for a woman candidate, just not "that" woman candidate, eventually voted for a white man.

I'd love for Kamala to be the first woman president. But I'm a realist. The best shot at that is for Biden to win, then if he really can't do the job, then that's why we have VP's.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
I'd love for Kamala to be the first woman president. But I'm a realist. The best shot at that is for Biden to win, then if he really can't do the job, then that's why we have VP's.

I alluded to this in a post some pages back. If Biden wins and becomes incapacitated Kamala would be in place to step in. She would continue with Democratic policies. If Trump wins the Oval Office democracy will be demolished, and the America we now know will no longer exist. LawdT (Madea) don't let that happen. Go to the polls.

GET OUT AND VOTE!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject:

Contrary to what the media would have you believe, Biden has been out campaigning and *talking* in public every single day since the debate. Tomorrow he's in Wisconsin:

Quote:
Jessica Knock Some MFing Doors Stark @yesica\

Just so y'all know, Biden's Wisconsin event filled to capacity VERY quickly and organizers are getting inundated with people still trying to get in...
12:21 PM · Jul 4, 2024

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject:

New Biden digital campaign ad. Smart to use footage from rally *after* the debate where he sounds strong and is obviously lucid and in full control.

Quote:
Andrew Arenge @MrArenge

NEW: Biden campaign just launched this digital ad on Google, targeting it at key zips in swing states

Used footage from rally in NC, after the debate, to try to lay out the stakes of the election by mentioning Roe v Wade, Social Security + Medicare

"America itself is at stake."

link to video
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I have seen polling all over the place. My friends who want Biden to stay in have a poll to back them up. Same goes for my friends who want Kamala instead.

Doesn't seem to matter either way. I don't think Biden will drop out no matter what.

That's what polling averages are for. It has clearly gotten worse for Biden.

I'm sure you realize the 24/7 non-stop attack by the media is helping drive those numbers, right?

The NYT had 7 front page stories on Biden/Democrats debate fallout, and ZERO on SCOTUS decision making Trump immune from all prosecution, ZERO on Project 2025 and it's threat of a second revolution where liberals will be expected to comply or face violence, ZERO on Epstein records release including plane logs filled with Trump's name and legal documents with testimony from teenage girls who were raped by Trump (including violence, degradation and threats). ZERO.

Do you think if the press gave even one-half the amount of attention to those things that the polls might look different? Yes, Biden has to have a great interview Friday and do his part to regain the public confidence.

And then it's up to the campaign, and surrogates, and governors, and Senators, and Reps, and all of us to educate the public.

Because the media is broken. Or as DMR might say, they are intentionally dysfunctional so as to deliberately favor Trump, Republicans and dictatorship.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
tox wrote:

If America was willing to vote for a woman president, Hillary would be president right now.

The whole reason we got Trump was a "whitelash" to Obama being the first black president.

If you think these white people hated Obama and hated Hillary, wait until you learn what they think of black women, especially strong, smart, black women.

America is deeply racist and deeply misogynistic. Even for many on the left.

How many women ran in 2020? Everyone who said they wanted to vote for a woman candidate, just not "that" woman candidate, eventually voted for a white man.

I find Kamala unlikeable, Linda. I think she would fare well below Hilary in popularity and Hilary had baggage.
Switching to Kamala would be political suicide for the Dems so let’s hope Biden can remain strong, get his rest and have his doctors monitor and pump lots of meds in him to help Father Time.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Contrary to what the media would have you believe, Biden has been out campaigning and *talking* in public every single day since the debate. Tomorrow he's in Wisconsin:

Quote:

Just so y'all know, Biden's Wisconsin event filled to capacity VERY quickly and organizers are getting inundated with people still trying to get in...

That's great, but appearing at rallies where he already has support (and is not going to get media coverage) doesn't do anything to offset the current narrative.

Biden needs to force the media to cover him by holding press conferences where he addresses what the media is not discussing regarding Trump and ignoring in regards to the many successes during his presidency.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

That's great, but appearing at rallies where he already has support (and is not going to get media coverage) doesn't do anything to offset the current narrative.

Biden needs to force the media to cover him by holding press conferences where he addresses what the media is not discussing regarding Trump and ignoring in regards to the many successes during his presidency.

Yes, that's why he has prime time interview with ABC Friday and press conference scheduled for next week. And he also needs to keep the base energized by holding rallies, espeially in swing states.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Yes, that's why he has prime time interview with ABC Friday and press conference scheduled for next week. And he also needs to keep the base energized by holding rallies, espeially in swing states.

Of course he should keep campaigning, but again, the people at his rallies are already all in. I'm speaking to what the media and critics are discussing. A one on one, pre-recorded interview is very different than regular, impromptu appearances, live on camera taking questions. He needs to starting changing some minds and rehabilitating the image more than he needs to cheerlead. He needs to hammer home his administration's successes and call Trump out on all his BS in a format where the media is forced to cover it, not to the voters he already has.

Again, I am speaking to what detractors are discussing; the appearance that he is carefully avoiding being put on the spot. It's the narrative that exists widely, even if you and I don't ascribe to it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC Live with Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow...ON NOW!!

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject:

The New York Times published a guest essay on why not to vote. On the 4th of July.

They're becoming a parody of themselves.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Stealing from another post I read but was too sick to post yesterday

Quote:
Notes about the newest NYT poll

* Biden and Trump are tied 47-47 in a two way race among voters who voted in 2020
* With all candidates included Biden leads 42-39 among voters who voted in 2020
* Trump's margins in these NYT polls come entirely from people who did not vote in 2020
* 2020 was the highest turnout election in modern history. But according to the NYT 19% of the electorate will be people who did not vote in 2020.
* While there are defiantly people who could not vote in 2020 who can now are we really expecting them to make up that entire 19%?
* Poll has Trump winning 18-29 year olds by 8 points
* Poll has Trump losing +65 year olds by 4
* Poll has Trump winning Latinos by 9
* Poll has Trump getting 15% of the African American vote vs 73% for Biden

So here are the obvious question.

Is Biden's age really such a deal breaker that the democratic party can't convince 18-29 year olds that their future will be (bleep) forever with Trump?

Was Biden's debate performance so catastrophic that they won't be able to explain to Latinos how bad Trump will be for them and their families?

Is Biden being on the ticket going to cover up the fact that Trump is a racist and hates black people?
Internal pollster compares his results to NYT/Siena
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Labor set to win in a landslide in UK.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Stealing from another post I read but was too sick to post yesterday

Quote:
Notes about the newest NYT poll

* Biden and Trump are tied 47-47 in a two way race among voters who voted in 2020
* With all candidates included Biden leads 42-39 among voters who voted in 2020
* Trump's margins in these NYT polls come entirely from people who did not vote in 2020
* 2020 was the highest turnout election in modern history. But according to the NYT 19% of the electorate will be people who did not vote in 2020.
* While there are defiantly people who could not vote in 2020 who can now are we really expecting them to make up that entire 19%?
* Poll has Trump winning 18-29 year olds by 8 points
* Poll has Trump losing +65 year olds by 4
* Poll has Trump winning Latinos by 9
* Poll has Trump getting 15% of the African American vote vs 73% for Biden

So here are the obvious question.

Is Biden's age really such a deal breaker that the democratic party can't convince 18-29 year olds that their future will be (bleep) forever with Trump?

Was Biden's debate performance so catastrophic that they won't be able to explain to Latinos how bad Trump will be for them and their families?

Is Biden being on the ticket going to cover up the fact that Trump is a racist and hates black people?
Internal pollster compares his results to NYT/Siena

I had to tell my friends last night. Polling is garbage at this point. I'm part of the problem. I never respond when I'm asked to be polled.

And on the list of polls that matter. Nationwide polling is the least informative on who is going to win the Electoral college.

A moderate republican won't win 18-29 year olds. Let alone Trump.
Same goes for a R getting 15-25% of African Americans.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The New York Times published a guest essay on why not to vote. On the 4th of July.

They're becoming a parody of themselves.

It's worse than than that. He's a right-wing plant who actually did vote in the last two elections and the extreme-right-wing Catholic school he attended has multiple links to Jan 6 and feeder of staffers to Trump administration.

People started googling and it was all out there. Either NYT couldn't be bothered to fact check or it was intentional.

Here's a thread about it: https://x.com/capitolhunters/status/1808915574728372500
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3731, 3732, 3733 ... 3737, 3738, 3739  Next
Page 3732 of 3739
Jump to: