THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3730, 3731, 3732 ... 3737, 3738, 3739  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject:

But one still would need to explain why other Democratic candidates perform better than Biden in polls, if the assumption is that Democrats are under responding to polls.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Boston Globe op-ed board hopped on the "Biden must withdraw" campaign. So I cancelled my subscription. (bleep) the media.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject:

The media is lost. I have no more hope left for them.

As I stated in an earlier post, it all began with the Afghanistan withdrawal and has been continuing ever since. The aim was to destroy the Biden presidency.

And the normalization campaign of Trump began many years before that.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

A friend posted this.
Can Someone tell Biden that he can now use the new ruling by the Supreme Court to remove them and jail 45 because it’s an official order from the president? Thanks.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm reposting this because it needs to be seen..

Quote:
If the Dems lose in November, America loses.

And if the Dems lose, it won't be Joe Biden or the DNC who will be to blame. It will be Left-leaning voters who allowed the media and the Right to manipulate them into fueling the firestorm of meaningless distractions of age and public speaking prowess—when they should have focused on the human, civil, and environmental protections they will be pissing away with a Republican victory.

The sole reason Biden ran in 2020 was that he saw the urgency of the moment, realized Trump would likely win, and wanted to spare America a second disastrous second term—and he did. It seems far too many people want to toss this fact aside as prisoners of the momentary news cycle.

If President Biden decides to step out of the race then we should passionately embrace whoever replaces him but until that moment comes or if it does not, he and his Administration and party are all that stands between America and its demise.

If Joe Biden’s age or his speaking style or his physical appearance or his debate performance are more important to you than beating back the fascism breathing down our collective necks you’re failing America and you need to do better.

https://johnpavlovitz.substack.com/p/if-youre-preoccupied-with-joe-bidens
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject:

^^^I follow him on Twitter and pretty much agree with everything he says. He also always calls out the hypocritical evangelical "Christians" for supporting the most anti-Christian orange monster imaginable.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Email from Biden campaign. I clipped out the buttons asking for a donation.

Quote:
Linda, I know the past few days have been tough. I'm sure you're getting a lot of questions. I'm sure many of you have questions as well.

So, let me say this as clearly and simply as I can: I'm running.

I'm the Democratic Party’s nominee. No one is pushing me out. I'm not leaving, I'm in this race to the end, and WE are going to win this election. If that’s all you need to hear, pitch in a few more bucks to help Kamala and me defeat Donald Trump in November.

If not, please keep reading.

I've been knocked down and counted out my whole life. I'm sure the same is true for many of you. But my father had an expression. He said, “Champ, it’s not how many times you get knocked down. It’s how quickly you get up.”

As a country, when we get knocked down, we get back up. When we get counted out, we just work harder. That is exactly what I am going to do, and it’s what I need you to do as well.

Just as we beat Donald Trump in 2020, we are going to beat him again in 2024. But it won’t be easy, and I need YOU behind me to get it done. Each and every one of you.

This campaign is bigger than me or you. Everything we believe in, everything we stand for, and everyone we are fighting for are at risk in this election.

It’s in large part because of the support from donors like you that I know we will win in November.

There is no other team I would rather go into battle with than this one. Let's link arms and get this done.

You, me, and the Vice President. Together.

Joe

Joe Biden
President of the United States

anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Linda, I know the past few days have been tough. I'm sure you're getting a lot of questions. I'm sure many of you have questions as well.

I'm the Democratic Party’s nominee. No one is pushing me out. I'm not leaving, I'm in this race to the end, and WE are going to win this election. If that’s all you need to hear, pitch in a few more bucks to help Kamala and me defeat Donald Trump in November.

I've been knocked down and counted out my whole life. I'm sure the same is true for many of you. But my father had an expression. He said, “Champ, it’s not how many times you get knocked down. It’s how quickly you get up.”

As a country, when we get knocked down, we get back up. When we get counted out, we just work harder. That is exactly what I am going to do, and it’s what I need you to do as well.

Just as we beat Donald Trump in 2020, we are going to beat him again in 2024. But it won’t be easy, and I need YOU behind me to get it done. Each and every one of you.

This campaign is bigger than me or you. Everything we believe in, everything we stand for, and everyone we are fighting for are at risk in this election.

It’s in large part because of the support from donors like you that I know we will win in November.

There is no other team I would rather go into battle with than this one. Let's link arms and get this done.

Joe

Joe Biden

Love this, Linda.
Despite the debate debacle, Dems cannot pivot to another candidate. Not now. And picking Harris would be a disaster.
Hoping he is resting and having his doctors pump him full of the right meds to keep him mentally sharp.
Got to beat Trump, or are country is doomed.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Abortion rights will be on the ballot in Arizona.

Quote:
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik

NOW Dozens gather at AZ Capitol as Arizonans for Abortion Access delivers 823K voter signatures to put initiative on November ballot. Would protect reproductive rights in state Constitution. (Temp: 94 & climbing)

Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:45 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Joe

Joe Biden

This should put the matter to "bed" so to speak, as the delegates are bound and oathed to Biden and as long as Biden is in the race it is his nomination, any other speculation is pointless and counterproductive at this point.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Joe

Joe Biden

This should put the matter to "bed" so to speak, as the delegates are bound and oathed to Biden and as long as Biden is in the race it is his nomination, any other speculation is pointless and counterproductive at this point.

I'm going to cast my vote for President Biden. The media and some Dems are pushing for him to step aside. If Biden is incompetent he'll still get my vote. An incompetent Biden is better than Trump. Biden has people around him to help him make good decisions. Trump has no stopguards. He'll go full speed ahead with his threats. I'm on board the Biden train. He has a tough row to hoe.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Victoria Brownworth @VABVOX

#NEW

ABC News is moving the interview with Biden to 8pm prime time Friday.

Transcripts will be made available to media.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Victoria Brownworth @VABVOX

#NEW

ABC News is moving the interview with Biden to 8pm prime time Friday.

Transcripts will be made available to media.

I'll be watching. 🫰🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Gretchen Whitmer @gretchenwhitmer
@JoeBiden is our nominee. He is in it to win it and I support him.

8:00 PM · Jul 3, 2024

Quote:
Gavin Newsom @GavinNewsom

I heard three words from the President tonight -- he’s all in. And so am I.

@JoeBiden’s had our back. Now it’s time to have his

Quote:
Chris D. Jackson @ChrisDJackson
·
1h
🚨 BREAKING: After meeting with President Biden, the Democratic Governors have announced they are entirely on board with the president's reelection bid, saying there is no doubt he is fit for office.

Condolences to the press and pundits.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Trump +2.3 in 538's tracker now
He was +0.7 a week ago
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
This should put the matter to "bed" so to speak

Yep. He’s not dropping out. Joe is the candidate. He’s got my vote. God help us all.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
·
1h
🚨 BREAKING: After meeting with President Biden, the Democratic Governors have announced they are entirely on board with the president's reelection bid, saying there is no doubt he is fit for office.

As a practical matter this should end it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
·
1h

Should , but won’t. While Biden is all in on continuing to run, the media is all in on sabotaging his chances.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Man I hope this interview goes well. Is it live or pre-recorded?

Also hopefully we get a lot more from the campaign pushing just how dangerous Project 2025 is. Shockingly few people know what it is or how extreme it is. I mentioned it to a few friends today after the Heritage foundation goon’s terrorist threat and they hadn’t even heard of it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
·
1h

Should , but won’t. While Biden is all in on continuing to run, the media is all in on sabotaging his chances.

Media owned by billionaires who want Trump so they can get tax cuts that benefit them.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:35 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

Also hopefully we get a lot more from the campaign pushing just how dangerous Project 2025 is. Shockingly few people know what it is or how extreme it is. I mentioned it to a few friends today after the Heritage foundation goon’s terrorist threat and they hadn’t even heard of it.

With the media’s incessant focus on selling the Biden needs to step down narrative, it means he will have to keep dealing with that and not address the many danger Trump presents. That’s by design.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I don't see Joe pulling out, he has $200 Mil in campaign donations, which cannot simply be handed over to anyone else, including Harris. He also has the delegates lined up.

Anyone else would be starting with zero campaign funds.

And even if they wanted Harris, it makes the most sense to keep pushing with Joe and have him step down after he wins, then have Harris as the Pres...

All this (Dem) panic and dissension just plays into the hands of the Rep's. Looking at the news clips, they (Rep's) are loving this and feeding off it..!

The time to switch candidates was around the midterms when all the behind the scenes stuff was being setup not 4 months before the big day. The Democrats are just gonna have to back Joe Biden up for better or worse.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Abortion rights will be on the ballot in Arizona.

Quote:
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik

NOW Dozens gather at AZ Capitol as Arizonans for Abortion Access delivers 823K voter signatures to put initiative on November ballot. Would protect reproductive rights in state Constitution. (Temp: 94 & climbing)

Hopefully this will get lots of swing voters and independents out to vote, and while they do so, they can vote for Biden to codify abortion rights at the federal level.

I heard in 2004 the GOP put gay marriage on the ballot in battleground states to get swing voters and independents out and entice them to vote for Curious George. Our side needs to do the same with things like abortion rights, legalizing weed, raising the minimum wage, vouchers to help people pay their rent, etc.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

I believe it will be taped early Friday then released/shown later that day.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I have seen polling all over the place. My friends who want Biden to stay in have a poll to back them up. Same goes for my friends who want Kamala instead.

Doesn't seem to matter either way. I don't think Biden will drop out no matter what.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3730, 3731, 3732 ... 3737, 3738, 3739  Next
Page 3731 of 3739
Jump to: