THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3729, 3730, 3731 ... 3737, 3738, 3739  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
You wonder if this upcoming interview with GS is about withdrawing from the race?

That thought crossed my mind, and that this information being released today is almost like a test balloon, or just easing the public into it.

The interview is to reassure people that he's lucid and fine. People demand he do a one-on-one interviews. He schedules a one-on-one interview.

What is wrong here? Have people lost all common sense?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Here's another example of how the Democratic Party in incompetent. "Only a matter of time . . ."? There is no time. If this move is going to be made, it should have been done this past weekend. Dicking around is only going to make the task of building a campaign for the replacement tougher. Enjoy your 4th tomorrow. It's going to be your last one with any freedom:

JOE BIDEN
Top Campaign Official ...
WITHDRAWAL FROM RACE 'ONLY A MATTER OF TIME'

Wow, yeah this really might be happening. And if it does, all of you saying that we needed to rally to support Biden better do the same thing for Harris, if it's going to be her. At least she draws a direct age contrast to Biden for those undecided voters. Winning is the only thing that matters, and if Biden is going to drop out, they must have reason to believe that he has no chance to win.

I wouldn't put much stock in one alleged anonymous source. My point is not that this is really true, it's that if it is, it indicates that the Dems have no clue what they are doing, which doesn't bode well for the success of rolling out a new candidate at this late stage.

It's also extremely important to remember that as far as we know at this point, it may not even be possible to formally replace Biden on the ballots. And even if it turns out that it is possible for the Dems to select a new candidate, they still have to sort out who that option might be. Harris is certainly the most obvious due to succession, but that doesn't mean she's the best. In fact, I'm not sure she is more electable than Biden at this point. I don't think she brings any voters the Dems don't already have. Many people on the left hate her due to her reputation from her prosecutorial days. I also think that, unfortunately, a black woman candidate isn't going to go over well with some undecideds in swing states. I hate to say it, but I don't know that a shift to her really changes much. Her age may be a factor to those who have bought into the Biden has lost his mind narrative, but is it enough.

And even if she is the candidate they choose. Who is her running mate?

I know many see the Biden dropping out scenario is this dream solution, but it opens up huge complexities to tackle, and I don't now that those are surmountable.

One thing we do know, whether this is true or not, this even being floated indicates disfunction in the Dems at the worst possible time. It also plays right into Trumps's hands by taking people's minds off all the horrible (bleep) that he represents, So I wouldn't be too excited about it, whatever the case is.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
You wonder if this upcoming interview with GS is about withdrawing from the race?

That's not how such a move would play out.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Have people lost all common sense?

That's been obvious since last Thursday evening.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

Clyburn says he would support a “mini-primary” if Biden stepped down.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/03/clyburn-biden-president-election-dnc-00166481

Quote:
Responding to a question on CNN about whether Harris should be the party’s automatic nominee if the president were to step aside or if there should be a “mini-primary” between several candidates, Clyburn (D-S.C.) said: “Well, I think we’re going to have a mini-primary leading into the convention,” describing the virtual roll call needed to appear on the Ohio ballot.

He added, “You can actually fashion the process that’s already in place to make it a mini-primary, and I would support that absolutely. We can’t close that down, and we should open up everything for the general election.”

They say he was responding to a hypothetical. But the language is odd “we’re going to have” instead of “we would have to have.” I guess we’ll see.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/03/clyburn-biden-president-election-dnc-00166481

Quote:
Responding to a question on CNN about whether Harris should be the party’s automatic nominee if the president were to step aside or if there should be a “mini-primary” between several candidates, Clyburn (D-S.C.) said: “Well, I think we’re going to have a mini-primary leading into the convention,” describing the virtual roll call needed to appear on the Ohio ballot.

He added, “You can actually fashion the process that’s already in place to make it a mini-primary, and I would support that absolutely. We can’t close that down, and we should open up everything for the general election.”

They say he was responding to a hypothetical. But the language is odd “we’re going to have” instead of “we would have to have.” I guess we’ll see.

Brilliant plan . . . waste more time . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Angry Staffer 🌻 @Angry_Staffer

Read all of this. This is *exactly* what the GOP wants.

They’re using the media as part of their influence operation to fracture Democrats with the ultimate goal of limiting turnout on the left

Quote:
Fred Wellman @FPWellman

I've seen a lot of people telling me that this story means they think Biden is weak so they want him in the election. No...you're missing the goal here. What they are doing is declaring how they will conduct a coordinated lawfare campaign to screw the Democratic nominee.

First it will be this lawsuit. In close order various Republican AG's will sue the DNC on behalf of their citizens "who voted in good faith in the Primary for Joe Biden." Then they will launch coordinated campaigns to split the Democratic coalition. "See how they are treating Kamala?" "Why didn't they think California's governor leading the 3rd largest economy in the world should be nominee." it will be relentless and targeted to get people to stay home. Millions of dark money will go to third party candidates. Suddenly RFK Jr. will miraculously have the resources to get on every ballot...on and on and on.

They don't care who is on the ballot. They want us to spend time, money, and anger on each other and on defense so Trump simply strolls into the White House with 45% of the vote.

The Biden campaign needs to stop nevel gazing and get back in the fight. We all need to stop eating each other alive and remember the real enemy to our democracy is the one's cheering this on in Florida.

Quote:
Heritage Foundation working on election legal challenges in case Biden pulled from DNC nomination. At least three swing states — Georgia, Nevada and Wisconsin — could restrict Biden's removal from the ballot

link
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Quote:

Brilliant plan . . . waste more time . . .

We're prisoner to the stupidest, most selfish idiots in existence.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject:

I don't see Joe pulling out, he has $200 Mil in campaign donations, which cannot simply be handed over to anyone else, including Harris. He also has the delegates lined up.

Anyone else would be starting with zero campaign funds.

And even if they wanted Harris, it makes the most sense to keep pushing with Joe and have him step down after he wins, then have Harris as the Pres...

All this (Dem) panic and dissension just plays into the hands of the Rep's. Looking at the news clips, they (Rep's) are loving this and feeding off it..!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject:

Biden with a pretty strong statement here:

Quote:
Biden tells staff, via @betsy_klein: “The past few days have been tough. I’m sure you’re getting a lot of calls…Let me say this as clearly as I possibly can, and as simply and straightforward as I can, I am running. I’m the nominee of the Democratic Party. No one’s pushing me out. I’m not leaving.”
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:04 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I don't see Joe pulling out, he has $200 Mil in campaign donations, which cannot simply be handed over to anyone else, including Harris. He also has the delegates lined up.

Anyone else would be starting with zero campaign funds.

And even if they wanted Harris, it makes the most sense to keep pushing with Joe and have him step down after he wins, then have Harris as the Pres...

All this (Dem) panic and dissension just plays into the hands of the Rep's. Looking at the news clips, they (Rep's) are loving this and feeding off it..!

Bingo. This is what I have been trying to impress upon people.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject:

But Her Emails! on steroids:

Quote:
Wendy Siegelman @WendySiegelman

Stunningly skewed New York Times coverage - the top of the homepage has seven negative headlines with Biden's name in them and not a single headline that mentions Trump, and a photo shows Biden's back vs Trump in duplicate facing forward

Complete media failure and negligence

And if you want to read about SCOTUS gutting the Constitution and turning Trump into a dictator, it's buried inside somewhere. Project 2025? Heritage threat of revolution? Jeffery Epstein docs implicating Trump in child rape? Nowhere.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Stunningly skewed New York Times coverage - the top of the homepage has seven negative headlines with Biden's name in them and not a single headline that mentions Trump, and a photo shows Biden's back vs Trump in duplicate facing forward

And if you want to read about SCOTUS gutting the Constitution and turning Trump into a dictator, it's buried inside somewhere. Project 2025? Heritage threat of revolution? Jeffery Epstein docs implicating Trump in child rape? Nowhere.

The NY Times has been the absolute worst for a long while now. Stunning downfall for such a formerly respected publication.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject:

Maybe, just maybe, Joe should begin having ads, and pressers, and stumps with some or all of his staff. Maybe, just maybe, showing the world that it is not just Joe, but a team, a team with all the good minds he has as resources.

Then again, maybe, just maybe, his staff should have had some sort of idea that feeble Joe would arrive, or at least, they had some reasonable expectation of the possibility, and are called out on it, and this approach backfires.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:37 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

It shouldn’t be incorrectly referred to as failure and negligent. It is fully intentional, carefully planned and is completely successful.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
paymonM wrote:
replace Kamala Harris with Gretchen Whitmer and the Biden-Whitmer ticket wins in a landslide.

Absolutely incorrect. People vote for the person at the top of the ticket. And Whitmer is -5 to Trump in a hypothetical matchup according to the poll I saw today.

absolutely incorrect ? Top of the ticket means Biden vs. Trump. Not, Whitmer vs. Trump, so I am not sure what you mean by "Whitmer is -5 to Trump"
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:55 am    Post subject:

While I understand all the risks and unknowns related to Biden withdrawing from the race or even resigning from office, there is a problem that Biden is facing now that even total Democratic unity won't solve. And that is the segment of the electorate that dislikes both candidates. In 2016, Trump won them. In 2020, Biden won them. Right now, according to polling and focus groups, they want Biden to drop out and no longer consider him a viable candidate. And you can't win without these people in swing states. Having Trump on the ballot is not enough for them to vote for Biden, as they are irrational, low information people.

I think there is probably a huge operation going on behind the scenes looking at the electorate and a path for Biden to win, but there might not be one.

And as was said earlier, the media is not going to let this go.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
And that is the segment of the electorate that dislikes both candidates. In 2016, Trump won them. In 2020, Biden won them. .

I have been telling my (strongly political) friend something like this for years.

If you have 40% of the people voting Dem and 40% voting Rep, the winner is determined by the swing voters. So impressing the majority of the remaining 20% is key...!

Biden needs to get out there and show people he still has it and not hiding in his bunker or letting Jill lead the charge, he needs to man-up and push this thru...
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
paymonM wrote:
replace Kamala Harris with Gretchen Whitmer and the Biden-Whitmer ticket wins in a landslide.

Replace Kamala with Whitmer and Black women will write in Oprah.

Especially since they are amongst the only ones sticking by Biden. There are a number of ways the Democrats can (and sadly, likely will given what they are saying and doing in the last few days) hand Trump victory, that is the most sure fire.

It’s about winning in the swing states, and Kamala Harris will not get you those votes.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
paymonM wrote:

Especially since they are amongst the only ones sticking by Biden. There are a number of ways the Democrats can (and sadly, likely will given what they are saying and doing in the last few days) hand Trump victory, that is the most sure fire.

It’s about winning in the swing states, and Kamala Harris will not get you those votes.

Surrendering votes to chase votes is a highly unsound strategy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
paymonM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
paymonM wrote:

I’ll gladly surrender democrat votes in California and other guaranteed blue states for swing voters in swing states. Sounds like a highly sound strategy. Just ask Hillary
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:51 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
paymonM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
paymonM wrote:

I’ll gladly surrender democrat votes in California and other guaranteed blue states for swing voters in swing states. Sounds like a highly sound strategy. Just ask Hillary

The people the above would alienate live in all states, swing states included. at best, you basically end up right where you already were.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject:

This is why so many polls lean Trump.

According to the New York Times, Republicans were significantly likelier to answer their phones and take the survey than Democrats and Independents.

This is a reversal of the trend we saw in 2016 that saw Democrats more willing to give their opinion in polls.

Definitely something I thought was happening, but nice to see this confirmed by polling sources Times/Siena, doubt it is just impacting their polling
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AFL-CIO ✊ @AFLCIO

The AFL-CIO stands in strong solidarity with the Biden-Harris ticket. President Biden and Vice President Harris have always had workers’ backs—and we will have theirs.

Read President @LizShuler ’s statement here:
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
This is why so many polls lean Trump.

According to the New York Times, Republicans were significantly likelier to answer their phones and take the survey than Democrats and Independents.

This is a reversal of the trend we saw in 2016 that saw Democrats more willing to give their opinion in polls.

Definitely something I thought was happening, but nice to see this confirmed by polling sources Times/Siena, doubt it is just impacting their polling

And several polls run by corporate and right-leaning groups intentionally over sample Republican and right-leaning Independents. They bury the demographics deep inside their releases. Corporations and Corporate media are not a friend to Democracy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3729, 3730, 3731 ... 3737, 3738, 3739  Next
Page 3730 of 3739
Jump to: