THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3706, 3707, 3708 ... 3719, 3720, 3721  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Key phrase (any reasonable person)[/color][/i][/b] Tumptards are not reasonable.

No (bleep). I'm not referring to them . . . which should be clear to anyone who actually reads the post.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Is there anyone even remotely excited about the debate? More fear than anything knowing how shallow we are as a nation. Zero chance I watch, and just hope the responses will be:
A) Joe was presidential
B) neither guy changed minds
Or
C) wow! Trump cost himself of ever being elected and should probably leave the country.
D) damn, trump is senile

I'm wavering on whether to watch or not. I think it will be pretty ridiculous/pointless, particularly with the whole mic shutoff thing.

I'm not worried about A). He's clearly proven that over and over again.

B) Is a given. At this point in time, there are extremely undecideds amongst those who are actually engaged in the current world of poltics and those the people who are likely to vote.

C) Never going to happen. If it hasn't already happened yet, it's not going to now.

D) Everyone who is open to that possibility already knows it. Those who don't know that already don't want to acknowledge the obvious.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Key phrase (any reasonable person)[/color][/i][/b] Tumptards are not reasonable.

No (bleep). I'm not referring to them . . . which should be clear to anyone who actually reads the post.

I fully understand the post. My point is not muting mics would be beneficial to Trump. Allowing the few to dictate is a weakness. Don't forget the few but don't allow them to forge your path. Mute the mics hope the moderator does his job and let the cards fall where they may. I think they fall in Biden's favor. Biden should be after the 10% undecided. He won't win those without muted mics devoid of shouting thus allowing him to air important issues. Those 10% are reasonable people.

For me it's a very important debate. I will be watching the discussion. I want to see how Biden handles Trump.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Is there anyone even remotely excited about the debate? More fear than anything knowing how shallow we are as a nation. Zero chance I watch, and just hope the responses will be:
A) Joe was presidential
B) neither guy changed minds
Or
C) wow! Trump cost himself of ever being elected and should probably leave the country.
D) damn, trump is senile

I'm wavering on whether to watch or not. I think it will be pretty ridiculous/pointless, particularly with the whole mic shutoff thing.

I'm not worried about A). He's clearly proven that over and over again.

B) Is a given. At this point in time, there are extremely undecideds amongst those who are actually engaged in the current world of poltics and those the people who are likely to vote.

C) Never going to happen. If it hasn't already happened yet, it's not going to now.

D) Everyone who is open to that possibility already knows it. Those who don't know that already don't want to acknowledge the obvious.

A) was tongue in cheek. Every time (few and really far in between) Trump did something that wasn’t insulting was called “he became our president today”.

Fingers crossed
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see Biden get under his skin so that he makes one of his infamous gaffs -- like referring to Biden as Obama. That would be headline worthy. Or he could stroke out on national TV. That would be something.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:01 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'd like to see Biden get under his skin so that he makes one of his infamous gaffs -- like referring to Biden as Obama. That would be headline worthy. Or he could stroke out on national TV. That would be something.

A massive widow maker heart attack would be my preference.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

And NO mic cut-off as he begins to shtt himself on National TV during his stroke.
Biden will salute as he thinks it's the sound of military horns ringing out
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:28 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

And NO mic cut-off as he begins to shtt himself on National TV during his stroke.
Biden will salute as he thinks it's the sound of military horns ringing out

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:31 am    Post subject:

Since racial discussions are lumped in with politics on LG, I'll drop this in here:

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject:

The Reggie Jackson clip was great and powerful (and sad) and I wish everyone in the Lounge and elsewhere would watch.

(In addition to the fact that Political discussion has NEVER been allowed in the Lounge, I don't have time to moderate extended discussions on race in the JJ Redick thread with a general population that can't help themselves from making racist statements while trying to discuss race. Unfortunate, but true.)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The Reggie Jackson clip was great and powerful (and sad) and I wish everyone in the Lounge and elsewhere would watch.

(In addition to the fact that Political discussion has NEVER been allowed in the Lounge, I don't have time to moderate extended discussions on race in the JJ Redick thread with a general population that can't help themselves from making racist statements while trying to discuss race. Unfortunate, but true.)

I haven't visited the Lounge in years because the quality of discussion hit rock bottom. But I took a peek at the thread to see what you are talking about and man, talk about ignorance and a lack of self awareness . . .

And thank you Dr. Laker for stepping in with a much needed dose of reality in the midst of it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Reggie Jackson, Mr October, was aptly nicknamed because of his postseason heroics.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I haven't visited the Lounge in years because the quality of discussion hit rock bottom. But I took a peek at the thread to see what you are talking about and man, talk about ignorance and a lack of self awareness . . .

And thank you Dr. Laker for stepping in with a much needed dose of reality in the midst of it.

I missed the back and forth. And it looks like CL cleaned up the worst of it.

But with the JJ Redick story about calling a Black woman the N-word at Duke. I can imagine how it went. Probably someone saying "racism doesn't exist"/"cancel culture"/"reverse racism is the real problem", etc.

Just another example of the conservative mindset lacking empathy. If something bad has to upset you or somebody you care about. For you to care. Or even believe a problem exists. It kind of reminds me of babies who lack object permanence. And the irony is. Alot of the vocal people (conservatives) who lack basic empathy, speak with absolute certainty that their perspective is correct.

To those people freedom of speech to offend/demean/discriminate is fine.
But any freedom of speech in response to it. That discourages the original behavior. That's going too far. Wish they had enough self awareness to be embarrassed of their own hypocrisy.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:39 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

No a stroke, with paralysis, would be the better. Remember how he made fun of a reporter during his campaign in 2016? He's an evil person. We'll see which GOP leeches will stay with him
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:26 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

No a stroke, with paralysis, would be the better. Remember how he made fun of a reporter during his campaign in 2016? He's an evil person. We'll see which GOP leeches will stay with him

The best is him losing against Biden … again.

Branding him a loser for the rest of his life.

He’ll try to spin it like he always does. But he’ll lose respect and support from his rich buddies. Not to mention $. All things he cares about. And it’ll send a clear message to his supporters that their hate, bigotry, and ignorance make them losers as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

I'm not sold on Trump showing up tonight. Will he come up with a last minute excuse to back out of the debate? CNN has slipped a little to the right. Will that be an advantage to Trump? I'm also wondering how the mic mute will work. What will the proximity of the debaters be? They were pretty close in the last debate If they're as close tonight won't Trump be able to shout over Biden's responses? Unless they're in soundproof booths I don't think the mic mute will work. Jake Tapper and Dana Bash won't be able to control Trump. Whether or not the debate will move the needle one way or the other is subjective. I'll watch to see if Biden can gentlemanly play in the mud. If Trump makes Hunter's conviction an issue Biden should acknowledge it and counter with 33 more he'll catch him.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not sold on Trump showing up tonight. Will he come up with a last minute excuse to back out of the debate? CNN has slipped a little to the right. Will that be an advantage to Trump? I'm also wondering how the mic mute will work. What will the proximity of the debaters be tonight? They were pretty close in the last debate If they're as close tonight won't Trump be able to shout over Biden's responses? Unless they're in soundproof booths I don't think the mic mute will work. Jake Tapper and Dana Bash won't be able to control Trump. Whether or not the debate will move the needle one way or the other is subjective. I'll watch to see if Biden can gentlemanly play in the mud. If Trump makes Hunter's conviction an issue Biden should acknowledge it and counter with 33 more he'll catch him.

They should pull out the cone of silence for each guy when off mic.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm not sold on Trump showing up tonight. Will he come up with a last minute excuse to back out of the debate? CNN has slipped a little to the right. Will that be an advantage to Trump? I'm also wondering how the mic mute will work. What will the proximity of the debaters be tonight? They were pretty close in the last debate If they're as close tonight won't Trump be able to shout over Biden's responses? Unless they're in soundproof booths I don't think the mic mute will work. Jake Tapper and Dana Bash won't be able to control Trump. Whether or not the debate will move the needle one way or the other is subjective. I'll watch to see if Biden can gentlemanly play in the mud. If Trump makes Hunter's conviction an issue Biden should acknowledge it and counter with 33 more he'll catch him.

They should pull out the cone of silence for each guy when off mic.

Yeah. Where is Maxwell Smart when you need him?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject:

Meanwhile the people who may swing this election are stuck on (bleep) stupid. A poll saying these “deciders” trust TRUMP more to defend the US from threats to democracy. You can’t make this (bleep) up.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/story/trump-vs-biden-democracy-poll

Quote:
That poll, conducted by The Washington Post and the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University, reveals that in the six swing states Biden won in 2020, more voters classified as “Deciders”—that is, they are likely to decide the outcome of the election—think Trump is better equipped to handle threats to democracy than Biden.

Among the Deciders, more than 7 in 10 believe that Trump will not accept the results of the election if he loses, compared with one-third who say the same for Biden. Nearly half, 47 percent, say Trump would try to rule as a dictator if he is elected to another term as president, compared with 15 percent who say Biden would. The poll finds that just over half of Deciders think Trump is guilty of criminal charges of lying about voter fraud in an attempt to overturn the 2020 election, and more say he has been treated fairly rather than unfairly by the criminal justice system.

Yet more of them, 38 percent, trust Trump to handle threats to democracy, than the 29 percent who trust Biden on the issue. Twenty-three percent don’t trust either major party candidate.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject:

It's troubling when 10% undecided are positioned to decide between Biden and Trump. Track records indicate it should be a landslide in favor of President Biden. Biden is the future, Trump is the dark ages.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject:

If I have it right when Trump's mike is off we won't be able to hear him but Biden will. I hope the cameras will focus on the person whose time it is. Then again if Biden is speaking and the cameras show Trump ranting Biden should ignore him look at the camera, and talk to the American voters. That will highlight Trump's ignorance.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I won't be watching. Watching Trump makes me physically ill. I will check the comments in this thread. The good the bad and the ugly.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

I'll be tuned in with H&H in hand. I want to see whether or not Biden can handle Trump's escapades. I'll keep the H&H on full so if it gets out of hand I can black out. C'mon 32 join me.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I won't be watching. Watching Trump makes me physically ill. I will check the comments in this thread. The good the bad and the ugly.

listening to either guy talk is rough but trump is unwatchable.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I see no point in watching. I know I’m voting for Biden and I can’t stand to see Trump’s face, or hear him speak.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3706, 3707, 3708 ... 3719, 3720, 3721  Next
Page 3707 of 3721
Jump to: