JJ Redick is Officially named 29th Lakers Head Coach (NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 211, 212, 213  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject:

Yeah. To the person who said "Bron isn't listening to Nori" -- Bron wasn't the main voice (from the reporting) behind wanting to get Ham fired, despite his frustration on that challenge. And I'm sure he had his gripes.

Bron's coach killer phase seems over, and also, anyone who knows ball will get LeBron's respect. See Spo. If Nori knows what he's talking about I imagine LeBron would listen.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Yeah. To the person who said "Bron isn't listening to Nori" -- Bron wasn't the main voice (from the reporting) behind wanting to get Ham fired, despite his frustration on that challenge. And I'm sure he had his gripes.

Bron's coach killer phase seems over, and also, anyone who knows ball will get LeBron's respect. See Spo. If Nori knows what he's talking about I imagine LeBron would listen.

It’s not just here that say he got hamm and Vogel fired. It’s not just here who says he’s uncoachable.

Let’s not take Spo. He’s not available, plus as someone posted here he wanted spoel fired.

Bron is picking our next coach regardless of what we say here. The FO to Jeanie’s fault have given him the keys.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

Man, does basketball just not have systems (philosophies) anymore? Everything seems to be a flowchart with little actual design outside the normal, generic playbook. Sure you gotta make sure your system works with whatever players you are provided but just feels like no one is making their stamp on the game as a coach anymore.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The quote tree is getting to long. It's starting to consume to much page space.

Halflife wrote:
Quote:
bron like the other vets stepped on Lue when with cavs. That was prime kyrie and bron. Didn’t jr smith throw a towel at him. Everything pre 2019 bron does not count. That was pure talent. He got blatt fired because blatt wanted to coach.

You're relating to the past, I'm speculating about the future. IMO Jeanie has to change courses, a new coach has to step up. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My position is the organization has to look into the future. A new path has to be forged. The one we're on is stagnant. Win now isn't working. LALBJ

Except when you brought up pjax or constantly revisit 2020.

When did I mention pjax or constantly revisit 2020? Please show me.

He got hamm and frank fired so who can we hire that he won’t get fired.

You say he got Hamm and Frank fired without valid evidence. I say that's speculation.

Kendrick Perkins. I thought of him because he has a no-nonsense personality. I think he'll hold Bron accountable. I don't think he'll be bullied or run by the FO.

Coaches are a smaller fraternity than players so who saw what happened and says “ that’s the job I want”.

If Perk took the job I think it would be because he wanted it. He seems to be comfortable in his media station.

We need the past to learn from. So far nothing has changed other than ability to dominate.

True but as I said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Isn't that an indication that things should change?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

What’s the big deal about Nori? Was he already a big name, or do people just know him because he took over as interim?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What’s the big deal about Nori? Was he already a big name, or do people just know him because he took over as interim?

lead assistant with the TWolves. thats it....

last time we hired lead assistant with the Bucks...failed miserably
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Halflife wrote:
Quote:
bron like the other vets stepped on Lue when with cavs. That was prime kyrie and bron. Didn’t jr smith throw a towel at him. Everything pre 2019 bron does not count. That was pure talent. He got blatt fired because blatt wanted to coach.

You're relating to the past, I'm speculating about the future. IMO Jeanie has to change courses, a new coach has to step up. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My position is the organization has to look into the future. A new path has to be forged. The one we're on is stagnant. Win now isn't working. LALBJ

You say he got Hamm and Frank fired without valid evidence. I say that's speculation.

Kendrick Perkins. I thought of him because he has a no-nonsense personality. I think he'll hold Bron accountable. I don't think he'll be bullied or run by the FO.

Coaches are a smaller fraternity than players so who saw what happened and says “ that’s the job I want”.

If Perk took the job I think it would be because he wanted it. He seems to be comfortable in his media station.

We need the past to learn from. So far nothing has changed other than ability to dominate.

True but as I said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Isn't that an indication that things should change?

Yes things should change. Unfortunately our biggest problem is an aging star who doesn’t want to be coached wielding too much power.

Perkins has said he is incredibly close to bron. He said bron doesn’t want to be coached. The front office isn’t doing the bullying.

Had he wanted frank, frank would be here. Same with hamm. Of course he got them fired because in doing so it deflected brons accountability.

We are stuck for 2 more years.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject:

AD was the reason Ham was fired.

AD publicly criticizing coaching during the Nuggets series. Reports were that the front office feared AD wanting out if he’s that openly dissatisfied with the coaching.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
tox wrote:

It’s not just here that say he got hamm and Vogel fired. It’s not just here who says he’s uncoachable.

Let’s not take Spo. He’s not available, plus as someone posted here he wanted spoel fired.

Bron is picking our next coach regardless of what we say here. The FO to Jeanie’s fault have given him the keys.

He's not 27 anymore. LeBron is saying he's staying out of the head coaching search and there are no reports that he was a driving force in getting Ham fired (all reports indicate it was AD). You can stick your head in the sand and believe in your own reality though.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brawn13 wrote:
AD was the reason Ham was fired.

AD publicly criticizing coaching during the Nuggets series. Reports were that the front office feared AD wanting out if he’s that openly dissatisfied with the coaching.

If bron wanted him he’s here. Plus the majority of talking heads said as much. People way more informed than us.

When ad had 1 touch in the final 17 minutes of a game, that wasn’t on the coach.

This team imho will hit rock bottom next year. I don’t have a good feeling about our only 2 good players, who finally gave us a season ( that didn’t amount to much) playing in the Olympics
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CandyCanes wrote:

I think it's similar to Adelman, lead assistant on a well-coached team
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Halflife wrote:
Quote:

Yes things should change. Unfortunately our biggest problem is an aging star who doesn’t want to be coached wielding too much power.

Yes, an aging star is one of our problems. I thought of Perkins because I think LeBron has enough respect for him to not get in his way.

Perkins has said he is incredibly close to bron. He said bron doesn’t want to be coached. The front office isn’t doing the bullying.

As I said their friendship may override that barrier. His closeness with Bron may be the thing that causes him to accept his leadership. I didn't say the office is doing the bullying.

Had he wanted frank, frank would be here. Same with hamm. Of course he got them fired because in doing so it deflected brons accountability.

That's speculation about Frank. I thought Jeanie was the reason he was let go to cover up for the Westbrook debacle. I'm going with maybe Rob listened to the locker room, evaluated Ham's performance, and felt as many did, he wasn't the right coach for this team.

We are stuck for 2 more years.

Tru Dat

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

For the first time I agree with Halflife, I actually think the '24-'25 season will have lots of injuries due to Bron and AD playing in the Olympics. It never seemed like AR really got his legs under him after playing in FIBA
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 3:39 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
For the first time I agree with Halflife,

My bad.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 5:56 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Nori may be a good coach.

Or he may be Luke Walton when he took over for Kerr for 43 games.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
For the first time I agree with Halflife, I actually think the '24-'25 season will have lots of injuries due to Bron and AD playing in the Olympics. It never seemed like AR really got his legs under him after playing in FIBA
Given the great roster that has been assembled for the Paris Olympics with Booker, Ant Man, Tatum, Curry, KD and Holiday (among others) that can play LBJ's position and handle his responsibilities - LBJ's MPGs should be low.

LBJ doesn't have to score with Ant Man, Curry, KD and Booker
LBJ doesn't have to defend with Holiday, Ant Man and Tatum
LBJ doesn't have to distribute the ball with Halliburton and Curry
LBJ, along with Curry and Ant Man, are expected to close games

AR was playing major MPG and it was his first international experience.

If LBJ was still playing in the playoffs, I would definitely be concerned!!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
tox wrote:

Nori may be a good coach.

Or he may be Luke Walton when he took over for Kerr for 43 games.

That's what the interview is for, right?
Oh wait, we got Rob and the Rambii
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

We had our chance with AD and LeBron relatively healthy, we didn’t try hard enough to bring them help this year when we had our chance, you do have to wonder if both of them trust the FO
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Just my opinion, but I believe Lebron and AD are all in on JJ. Sure he doesn’t have any experience, but I think the most important factors in head coaches these days are managing egos and getting guys to play hard for you. The Xs and Os can be handled by experienced assistants.

I don’t think AD or Lebron care for these other career assistant coaches. I see them in the same way as I see career politicians. Just guys with ‘experience’ as assistants(like Ham). Do you really think a Sam Cassell or Michal Nora are going to command respect from Lebron and AD? JJ is a former all star, is only a few years out from last playing in the league and gets along with all former and current players.

Not to mention, knowing how much of a cheap skate Jeannie Buss is with coaching, he’d probably come here on a cheap two year deal. These other more ‘experienced’ guys are going to want more than two years considering the turnover at this position.

Personally I don’t believe we’re going to win a chip with a 40 year old Lebron eating so much salary anyway, so I’m all aboard for getting JJ. At the very least it would make the season a lot more interesting. BTW, Ham had plenty of ‘coaching experience’ and look how that turned out.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:46 am    Post subject:

Shams/Buha

Quote:
The Lakers have held formal meetings with JJ Redick, New Orleans Pelicans associate head coach James Borrego and Boston Celtics assistant coach Sam Cassell over the past several days, according to those sources. Team officials plan to meet with Denver Nuggets assistant coach David Adelman, Minnesota Timberwolves assistant Micah Nori and Miami Heat assistant Chris Quinn as they do their due diligence on the candidate pool.

Leaguewide, Redick — a former player and media analyst — has garnered buzz for the position. The Lakers are infatuated with Redick’s potential, according to league sources, viewing him as a Pat Riley-like coaching prospect who could both help the franchise in the short term and lead it for years.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Shams/Buha

Quote:
The Lakers have held formal meetings with JJ Redick, New Orleans Pelicans associate head coach James Borrego and Boston Celtics assistant coach Sam Cassell over the past several days, according to those sources. Team officials plan to meet with Denver Nuggets assistant coach David Adelman, Minnesota Timberwolves assistant Micah Nori and Miami Heat assistant Chris Quinn as they do their due diligence on the candidate pool.

Leaguewide, Redick — a former player and media analyst — has garnered buzz for the position. The Lakers are infatuated with Redick’s potential, according to league sources, viewing him as a Pat Riley-like coaching prospect who could both help the franchise in the short term and lead it for years.

Chris Quinn is actually a surprise new name. Looking at Spo's assistants. Looks like they may be thinking defensive Coach.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:25 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
ocho wrote:
Shams/Buha

Quote:

Or Jeanie just wants it from JJ. He’s a good looking dude, so he will do fine as a coach! Typical. Superficial Jeanie.

yeah, any correlations with old Lakers era will do just fine in Jeannie's book, hence, the JJ, Riley comparison.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:41 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
ocho wrote:
Shams/Buha

Quote:

Or Jeanie just wants it from JJ. He’s a good looking dude, so he will do fine as a coach! Typical. Superficial Jeanie.

yeah, any correlations with old Lakers era will do just fine in Jeannie's book, hence, the JJ, Riley comparison.

At least Pat was someone they were familiar with, who played for the team and was in their building (and he wasn’t their first choice anyway). The comparisons with Redick are the most superficial (he’s a handsome broadcaster who used to play).

Just wish there was some indication there was a vision here. Some idea of what they want this team to be. Instead we’ve got Jeanie’s tunnel vision nostalgia and Rob’s vague platitudes. Sure, lightning can strike again like it did with Riles but I don’t find any of this process very encouraging.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:48 am    Post subject:

Time and again we have to pray this franchise stumbles ass backwards into success.

Sell. the. team.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:55 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
ocho wrote:
Shams/Buha

Quote:

At least Pat was someone they were familiar with, who played for the team and was in their building (and he wasn’t their first choice anyway). The comparisons with Redick are the most superficial (he’s a handsome broadcaster who used to play).

Just wish there was some indication there was a vision here. Some idea of what they want this team to be. Instead we’ve got Jeanie’s tunnel vision nostalgia and Rob’s vague platitudes. Sure, lightning can strike again like it did with Riles but I don’t find any of this process very encouraging.

Jeannie's vision is to milk LeBron's name as long as possible, then sign another 38 year old star, rinse and repeat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 211, 212, 213  Next
Page 38 of 213
Jump to: