THE INEPTITUDE OF JEANIE STRIKES AGAIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
JKidd talking to Lakers... boom contract extension

Ty Lue Lakers are interested... boom contract extension

Dan Hurley talking to Lakers... boom bigger contract extension

In b4 JJ gets a new massive podcast deal!
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
It also tells me Jeanie, Rob and Kurt all continue to be clueless in knowing what the league is doing, what folks are worth, etc.
Its not a bad offer but it was too low. Lakers brand needs to show their seriousness for someone like Hurley.
Not sure even $15 mill per year would have made a difference. He wasn't leaving UConn where he is loved and respected to a challenging Lakers job where he would be coaching a 40 year old Lebron and crew.

I don't get why trying to get him is a bad move. Like it's no different from when Kawhi or PG passed, it is what it is. Lakers will move on

The comments are wild to me though. It's like LA wasn't in the WCF last year or didn't win a title since 27 other teams haven't.

Bro, that was the effect of getting Lebron for free. You need to look at 2013 to 2017 and see what it would have been like today still if Lebron didn't choose us.

In other words, the front office has been absolute trash and hasn't really accomplished anything and has just gotten very lucky that Lebron wanted to choose LA as his longterm home.

Lebron for free??? See, this is what I mean. Rob fixed the roster cap hell and freed up room, LA also drafted really well and assembled a nice core. The land Lebron despite all the drama and outside forces trying to prevent it. They then made the AD deal. LA wins a ring. But somehow the FO is trash??

Meanwhile look around the league and what do you see. No teams are dominant, it's a parity NBA right now. Boston still has no ring despite that stacked roster. Maybe the close this series out, but wouldn't be shocked if Dallas came back to win.

Without Lebron, AD ain't coming here because if he did like LA that much, he would have come before Lebron came. So yea, without Lebron, there would have been no AD and hence no championship. What part of bringing Lebron here was Rob responsible for? Oh wait, Lebron was already on the team when Rob became GM.

I give Rob credit for signing the supporting cast for our championship team but I also give him the full blame for blowing that team up. So he's trash because he doesn't know how to evaluate talent lost guys like Caruso for nothing and gave up frp for one year rentals.

But without Lebron the Lakers still had a great young core AND a max roster spot to sign a FA. It's not like we were in bad shape, it's a big reason Lebron came here.

Would we have traded for AD, probably not. But that just means we would have went after a different star player. Also saying Rob doesn't know how to evaluate talent is wild consider his draft picks and ability to find good FAs to sign.

The reason the Lakers haven't won the past few years comes down mainly to one thing.....AD. Dude can't stay healthy, it's really that simple. The one run he did, they won a ring. All this blaming it on the roster is just deflection. You can have prime Phil Jackson or Pat Riley, and AD's health would still prevent them from winning it all
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jocker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Kobe Jocker wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
It also tells me Jeanie, Rob and Kurt all continue to be clueless in knowing what the league is doing, what folks are worth, etc.
Its not a bad offer but it was too low. Lakers brand needs to show their seriousness for someone like Hurley.
Not sure even $15 mill per year would have made a difference. He wasn't leaving UConn where he is loved and respected to a challenging Lakers job where he would be coaching a 40 year old Lebron and crew.

I don't get why trying to get him is a bad move. Like it's no different from when Kawhi or PG passed, it is what it is. Lakers will move on

The comments are wild to me though. It's like LA wasn't in the WCF last year or didn't win a title since 27 other teams haven't.

Bro, that was the effect of getting Lebron for free. You need to look at 2013 to 2017 and see what it would have been like today still if Lebron didn't choose us.

In other words, the front office has been absolute trash and hasn't really accomplished anything and has just gotten very lucky that Lebron wanted to choose LA as his longterm home.

Lebron for free??? See, this is what I mean. Rob fixed the roster cap hell and freed up room, LA also drafted really well and assembled a nice core. The land Lebron despite all the drama and outside forces trying to prevent it. They then made the AD deal. LA wins a ring. But somehow the FO is trash??

Meanwhile look around the league and what do you see. No teams are dominant, it's a parity NBA right now. Boston still has no ring despite that stacked roster. Maybe the close this series out, but wouldn't be shocked if Dallas came back to win.

Without Lebron, AD ain't coming here because if he did like LA that much, he would have come before Lebron came. So yea, without Lebron, there would have been no AD and hence no championship. What part of bringing Lebron here was Rob responsible for? Oh wait, Lebron was already on the team when Rob became GM.

I give Rob credit for signing the supporting cast for our championship team but I also give him the full blame for blowing that team up. So he's trash because he doesn't know how to evaluate talent lost guys like Caruso for nothing and gave up frp for one year rentals.

But without Lebron the Lakers still had a great young core AND a max roster spot to sign a FA. It's not like we were in bad shape, it's a big reason Lebron came here.

Would we have traded for AD, probably not. But that just means we would have went after a different star player. Also saying Rob doesn't know how to evaluate talent is wild consider his draft picks and ability to find good FAs to sign.

The reason the Lakers haven't won the past few years comes down mainly to one thing.....AD. Dude can't stay healthy, it's really that simple. The one run he did, they won a ring. All this blaming it on the roster is just deflection. You can have prime Phil Jackson or Pat Riley, and AD's health would still prevent them from winning it all

AD was healthy this season.
rob wasted a FRP on JHS and MLE on gabe.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I just want them to sell. I am appreciative of what they have done. But it's time. We need owners who have other streams of income other than the Lakers
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
I just want them to sell. I am appreciative of what they have done. But it's time. We need owners who have other streams of income other than the Lakers

This. Once Bron is gone, this franchise is going back to 2015-2018 again but this time a decade drought.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Yeah cheap ownership already costed us a 2x all defense player.

Their "all in" offer was a lot for the Buss family but pales in comparison to what the top coaches are getting and what even Kentucky offered Dan Hurley.

Its time for them to sell
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I dream of Jeff Bezos buying the Lakers and the Chargers and of course moving the Chargers back to San Diego in a palatial stadium in the inland North County.

It is a tough go to be a Mom and Pop operation in the modern world of American professional sports.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

The more I see how the last few years have played out, the more I wish we had tried harder to make it work with Vogel, and build the roster he needed. Even Ham just basically took Handy and a better balanced team to the WCF and 1st round. Now you add someone who has championship acumen, actually coaches, the team will probably respond.

Don't let Caruso walk, keep Vogel/Handy/Hollins. Keep building better roster parts around AD/Bron. Probably would have been in a better spot today. Reaves and Monk developed nicely even with Westbrook disaster year. Think Vogel does good with young guys - Christie would develop. He gives them chances.

There's something to say about loyalty. Shame our franchise only serves that trait to Lebron, Klutch, Pelinka, Rambii ... Buss siblings. We just show no loyalty to the non-stars/inner circle. The Vogel, Caruso, KCPs etc who do a lot of that dirty work that goes unnoticed. It's all part of what makes a complete picture. You need all those pieces. We had them man. We just threw em all away and now look stupid.

I really don't know who is the right choice. I hope we take a chance on Adelman. He seems like he's been around some quality teams and coaches. His dad was a real good coach. But honestly, we should have just never destroyed the KCP/Caruso/Kuzma core around AD/Bron with Vogel/Handy. That was working well enough. Needed to add pieces to that solidify that group. Reaves was anyway coming in and going to be a stud for cheap. Christie is drafted. Rui for 2nd rounders. The talent was eventually gonna be right.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't say these are the darkest days in Lakers history, but it's definitely a low point. I remember the days of Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Chris Mihm. Those were dark times with no end in sight until Pau Gasol arrived. Then there were the Jordan Hill, Nick Young, Jeremy Lin, and Carlos Boozer days... Man, those days sucked...
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:28 pm    Post subject:

^^^ it’s in the Buss family gene, they value head coaches and GMs the least. They have no problem paying for stars but will always cut corners on head coach and front office guys. Jerry Buss had reluctantly gave Phil Jackson that contract because shaq was threatened to walk. He tried to penny pinching Jerry west, and we al know what transpired from that. Jeannie is doing the exact thing right now.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject:

They could easily sell for 6 to 7 billion. Each kid can make out like bandits. If they still want to keep some ownership they could sell their majority stake and still make out.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject:

In a better world Ballz and Cheapie would swap franchises, and the Lakers would return to Inglewood and the Clippers would return to San Diego where she can run them small market and no one would care.

Last edited by hydrohead on Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
They could easily sell for 6 to 7 billion. Each kid can make out like bandits. If they still want to keep some ownership they could sell their majority stake and still make out.

Exactly, work a suite in the deal so they can still be in the public eye as minority owners but for the love of God, we should have offered Hurley $100 million or put a horsehead in his bed.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
In a better world Ballz and Cheapie would swap franchises, and the Lakers would return to Inglewood and the Clippers would return to San Diego where she can run them small market and no one would care.

We need a Donald sterling moment within the Buss family to force them to sell.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

It’s more complex than that. Dr. Laker outlined why billionaire Mark Cuban sold the Mavericks.

Dr. Laker wrote:

Cuban says the model is changing from media driven revenue to real estate driven revenue (owning your own building, etc.). Cuban knows nothing about commercial real estate and, at his age, figured it was smarter to partner with real estate moguls than to try to learn a new business.

I started a thread a few seasons ago suggesting that the Lakers build their own building rather than re-upping with Crypto. My guess is that the family didn't want to have to mortgage the team to finance a build, but the Warriors are comfortably paying the Chase Center mortgage just with non-Warriors events.

Ballmer isn't building his arena to get away from the Lakers. He's building it because he's going to make a boatload of money off of it.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I agree that lakers ownership is cheap and is bad at making money. (No own arena)
But if Dan Hurley wanted 8 years and 100 mil, he could’ve countered that. It is not that far from 6/70
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I dream of Jeff Bezos buying the Lakers and the Chargers and of course moving the Chargers back to San Diego in a palatial stadium in the inland North County.

It is a tough go to be a Mom and Pop operation in the modern world of American professional sports.

Let's be real, as much as we'd like to believe in Amazon Prime sponsorships or Starbucks lattes to caffeinate Crypto 10x over, ownership would likely pass to one of the minority stakeholders. Probably AEG and Philip Anschultz. If that comes to pass, you can forget many fans supporting this franchise for good.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:41 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
JKidd talking to Lakers... boom contract extension

Ty Lue Lakers are interested... boom contract extension

Dan Hurley talking to Lakers... boom bigger contract extension

it's like clockwork isn't it. there's no repercussion of using Lakers as bargaining tool. i wish i can do the same with my salary. does Lakers need an IT guy?

It's almost like being in demand raises your market value.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Let's be real, as much as we'd like to believe in Amazon Prime sponsorships or Starbucks lattes to caffeinate Crypto 10x over, ownership would likely pass to one of the minority stakeholders. Probably AEG and Philip Anschultz. If that comes to pass, you can forget many fans supporting this franchise for good.

Aeg and Philip anschultz are no longer minority owners
If Jeanie pass to Guggenheim, I have no issues with that. Judging by how the dodgers fans reacted, I would take my chances
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Yeah cheap ownership already costed us a 2x all defense player.

Their "all in" offer was a lot for the Buss family but pales in comparison to what the top coaches are getting and what even Kentucky offered Dan Hurley.

Its time for them to sell

Now thats corny.
They not seling and they made a offer and he didnt accept it..suck it up and move on to the next coach. I hate he didnt take it but that what happened. Its like getting Mike K, Saban, Coach Kal coaches loved at a college are even harder to get them out because they treated like gods and dont have to deal with EGO players or Team politics like in the NBA..peace of mind is sometimes better than the money offered.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The more I see how the last few years have played out, the more I wish we had tried harder to make it work with Vogel, and build the roster he needed. Even Ham just basically took Handy and a better balanced team to the WCF and 1st round. Now you add someone who has championship acumen, actually coaches, the team will probably respond.

Don't let Caruso walk, keep Vogel/Handy/Hollins. Keep building better roster parts around AD/Bron. Probably would have been in a better spot today. Reaves and Monk developed nicely even with Westbrook disaster year. Think Vogel does good with young guys - Christie would develop. He gives them chances.

There's something to say about loyalty. Shame our franchise only serves that trait to Lebron, Klutch, Pelinka, Rambii ... Buss siblings. We just show no loyalty to the non-stars/inner circle. The Vogel, Caruso, KCPs etc who do a lot of that dirty work that goes unnoticed. It's all part of what makes a complete picture. You need all those pieces. We had them man. We just threw em all away and now look stupid.

I really don't know who is the right choice. I hope we take a chance on Adelman. He seems like he's been around some quality teams and coaches. His dad was a real good coach. But honestly, we should have just never destroyed the KCP/Caruso/Kuzma core around AD/Bron with Vogel/Handy. That was working well enough. Needed to add pieces to that solidify that group. Reaves was anyway coming in and going to be a stud for cheap. Christie is drafted. Rui for 2nd rounders. The talent was eventually gonna be right.

Agreed. Vogel isn't a great coach, but he had shown growth offensively and got us to play fast-break basketball. We should've stuck with him and continued to upgrade the roster.

As LeBron aged, we could've traded Kuzma as part of a package to get another legit ball-handling, scoring guard to help preserve LeBron.

I think LeBron deserves plenty of blame here. He was the one who pushed to trade for Westbrook, and maybe he contributed to the team disrespecting Vogel before he was fired.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Even Kentucky offer was bigger than us after taxes. Of course he said no.

What a cheap as (bleep) ownership. Time to sell the team. I'm done with her now.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:

The one thing we are fortunate for right now is that Mark Walters and Todd Boehly of Guggenheim have 1st rights to purchase the entire team from the Buss Family if they were to put the Lakers up for sale.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers offered a top 5 contract to a guy that's coaching kids in non-professional basketball. Dan Hurley is the one to blame here.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:56 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
The Lakers offered a top 5 contract to a guy that's coaching kids in non-professional basketball. Dan Hurley is the one to blame here.

NOOOO!!!! We MUST cry, whine and moannnn! You using that logic stuff...NOOO!! We still crying about the spilt milk. (Brain McKnight singing) ONE Last Cry...before we leave it all behind. We REFUSE to put it out of our mind.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17
Jump to: