Playoffs Round 1 Thread: Lakers vs Nuggets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Gave Vincent on Murray can be a big difference this year
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
We can't stop Murray, or Fox, or Booker or any guard with half decent skills. It's our "weakness". We've lost KCP who was supposed to be the dedicated defensive stopper. We've lost Dwight and not replaced him with another big. Without another big, our interior defense suffered and our rebound tanked. Usually, in the playoffs or in any game, defense and rebounding win games.

I wonder what would happen if we got someone like Gobert to replace Howard and fill in the role of the twin pillars.

The Nuggets are big so they could bully us just like how our 2020 team was big and we just bullied everyone. They also have Murray whom we can't stop. That's why I've been saying they match up well against us. AD bullies a lot of teams but he can't do it against the Nuggets. The Suns have so much trouble with AD that's why we match up so well against them. Suns could beat Nuggets with their scoring.

It's all about matchup. I was planning on having the Suns eliminate the Nuggets for us in the second round and then we'd take care of the Suns in the WCF but that's all out the window now.

Sorry your plans were ruined Adam Silver
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:00 am    Post subject:

Almost every game the last 7 matchups have been a close game. Lakers just can’t seem to close against this team. Something’s got to give.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Can’t believe there are actually people pissed that we won this game and didn’t try and duck Denver…

If we wanted to make the finals we were going to have to play them either round 1 or the conference finals. I really don’t understand why playing them in the conference finals would be so much better/easier. Just get it over with now

I agree. I'd love to see the Lakers come out and shock the world by clobbering Denver like we did a couple years ago when we had the stifling defense and role player depth alongside a younger LBJ/AD. I'll be cheering for the Lakers, but we earned a tough 1st round matchup, a reward for playing a good but not great season of basketball and winning 47 games, not 50+.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:07 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
Can’t believe there are actually people pissed that we won this game and didn’t try and duck Denver…

If we wanted to make the finals we were going to have to play them either round 1 or the conference finals. I really don’t understand why playing them in the conference finals would be so much better/easier. Just get it over with now

I agree. I'd love to see the Lakers come out and shock the world by clobbering Denver like we did a couple years ago when we had the stifling defense and role player depth alongside a younger LBJ/AD. I'll be cheering for the Lakers, but we earned a tough 1st round matchup, a reward for playing a good but not great season of basketball and winning 47 games, not 50+.

Yep, either shock the world or get the pain with over sooner vs later. Honestly, if they could just shut Mike Malone up, that would feel almost as good as a championship.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:09 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Let’s get it.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:15 am    Post subject:

welp, we know Porters Brother is a degenerate gambler so keep an eye out for the different prop bets that are out there for this series.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:19 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Gabe Vincent is the x factor. If he can play like he did tonight on Murray we have a slim chance.

No more dinwiddie in the rotation pls.

Agreed Murray has been the "thorn" against the Lakers. The Lakers don't have anyone to defend him..but perhaps Vincent will be up to the task.

He can stop some of the drives to the rim but Murray can still shoot right over him. In a close game 2 or 3 possessions can make a difference though. Michael Porter seems to have a lot of confidence against the Lakers. He knows no one that will guard him can bother his jump shot.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 am    Post subject:

Jokic, Murray, Gordon. That's the trio we have to outplay. It's not impossible, though it sure would help having another big (ahem, Christian Wood).
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:24 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Let’s get it.

This is it.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:20 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Gabe Vincent is the x factor. If he can play like he did tonight on Murray we have a slim chance.

No more dinwiddie in the rotation pls.

Agreed Murray has been the "thorn" against the Lakers. The Lakers don't have anyone to defend him..but perhaps Vincent will be up to the task.

Luckily we have just the three guard line-up for the situation...
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:28 am    Post subject:

The recent track record against the Nuggets is not cause for optimism. But practically all of the last 8 games have been close down the stretch with the Lakers having multiple chances to win. So either we continue the cold streak or finally find some determination and purpose. I hope for the latter.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:33 am    Post subject:

We have a much healthier Lebron this time around.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject:

Not gonna lie... all these whiners are making me more pumped. The positivity is growing, knowing that if we win I can rub it in your faces for years.

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Not gonna lie... all these whiners are making me more pumped. The positivity is growing, knowing that if we win I can rub it in your faces for years.

If we beat Denver, you can rub me all you want. I'm willing to take one for the team or take one for the Lakers. I'm just hoping we could come out on the right side of all these close games.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:48 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
ocho wrote:
Let’s get it.

This is it.

Let’s go!!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am    Post subject:

Going to be a competitive series. So many subplots.

Teams and fan bases do not like each other. Multiple big time players. Two teams that can play efficiently and defend. Both can have lapses.

Lakers put themselves in this position. Just a couple more wins over the season would have had them in 5th or 6th seed.

Lakers are not going to be in any better position than this series. Time to put up or shut up. Same with the Nuggets. They earned their ring, they talked their trash, now they get to be the favorite over a dangerous rival.

Hope the Lakers surprise me. Because I think they only get one or two games in this series due to incredible individual performances by either Davis or James.

Nuggets have a great starting 5, are a solid overall team that plays both ends, home court at elevation, and most importantly the swagger and confidence of a champion. They are a better team. Lakers have a huge challenge before them to earn the upset.

Go Lakers!
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:20 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:

This is my main question. Who checks Murray?

Starting off I can see the match up going to Reaves who has gotten back to a decent level of defense. In theory Vincent should be able to eat some minutes vs him as our best POA defender, however he is giving up 3-5 inches. Similar to Dennis last year.

Our best match up IMO, would be Max Christie but he has been glued to the bench. I'm sure Ham will play his fav Prince against him, but I don't believe Prince has the foot speed to keep up with him.

Also need a big series from Jaxon Hayes. We really are going to miss CWood this series. AD will need some help down low as Denver is a really big team.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:35 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:

Starting off I can see the match up going to Reaves who has gotten back to a decent level of defense. In theory Vincent should be able to eat some minutes vs him as our best POA defender, however he is giving up 3-5 inches. Similar to Dennis last year.

Our best match up IMO, would be Max Christie but he has been glued to the bench. I'm sure Ham will play his fav Prince against him, but I don't believe Prince has the foot speed to keep up with him.

Also need a big series from Jaxon Hayes. We really are going to miss CWood this series. AD will need some help down low as Denver is a really big team.

Unfortunately the “help down low” should be coming from the starting PF if they play Davis at center. Don’t expect that help except in spurts from a 39 yr old picking his spots to conserve energy.

Lakers continue to force Davis to play the 5. It is a professional decision to do so, despite the poor matchups some nights. Lakers have had the opportunities to change it, but insist on playing this lineup.

Let’s hope this time around they can find ways to exploit Denver with an undersized lineup and win some games. Not sure how, but I’m not a part of the brain trust that sees this roster construction as the best option to win.

I will have to defer to their experience and professionalism. Because it seems a long shot IMO to expect any different outcome then past defeats.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:40 am    Post subject:

It al comes down to playing smart defense. Stay on your man, don't collapse on Joker and leave the Denver guards and wings for those uncontested 3 pointers. Let Joker get his, it's the other players the Lakers need to focus on.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:43 am    Post subject:

Any chance Vando returns this series? I know he won’t be “Prime Vando”, but he could still be huge for us.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:45 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:

Unfortunately the “help down low” should be coming from the starting PF if they play Davis at center. Don’t expect that help except in spurts from a 39 yr old picking his spots to conserve energy.

Lakers continue to force Davis to play the 5. It is a professional decision to do so, despite the poor matchups some nights. Lakers have had the opportunities to change it, but insist on playing this lineup.

Let’s hope this time around they can find ways to exploit Denver with an undersized lineup and win some games. Not sure how, but I’m not a part of the brain trust that sees this roster construction as the best option to win.

I will have to defer to their experience and professionalism. Because it seems a long shot IMO to expect any different outcome then past defeats.

I agree. Why I was confused with so many people saying we won the off season when we didn't address one our bigger weakness, having a bruiser type down low. And then I heard Ham/Pelinka at the opening training camp interview saying they intentionally didn't go after that type of big b/c they are basically outdated.

I did think CWood would have been a bigger help allowing the Lakers to play big with AD/Wood/LeBron but he never really got going combined with Ham rarely playing that line up despite the good +-'s

I'm hoping we don't see any Vincent/DLO/Reaves line ups vs this team.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:52 am    Post subject:

No more of this BS

https://twitter.com/RyanGreeneDNVR/status/1780453800119034046
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:17 am    Post subject:

Don’t think we can win the series
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:02 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
No more of this BS

https://twitter.com/RyanGreeneDNVR/status/1780453800119034046

To be fair we needed an AD fadeaway 3 to win a game against them during bubble iirc. In the words of shaq. Only lucky shot deserves another
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14
Jump to: