Kyrie Irving - Staying in Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:25 am    Post subject:

If we do make a deal for Kyrie, we will probably be looking up at Golden St. It would be cool to have a Curry on the roster for those matchups.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject:

REPORT: There is “optimism on the Lakers’ side” that a deal for Kyrie Irving could get done as soon as Sunday, reports @IanBegley.

Here we go.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1543482522452910080?t=a8y8nVHbe1Qe9vAJshJEoA&s=19

https://twitter.com/SNYNets/status/1543442616854921219?t=pw8JXJYEIQOAH5q1IB836w&s=19
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:51 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Harris, Curry, their sisters or aunts or anyone they want. No one cares. Just get Kyrie in a lakers jersey asap!!!!!

Exactly!! Long time no talk!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:17 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
REPORT: There is “optimism on the Lakers’ side” that a deal for Kyrie Irving could get done as soon as Sunday, reports @IanBegley.

Here we go.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1543482522452910080?t=a8y8nVHbe1Qe9vAJshJEoA&s=19

https://twitter.com/SNYNets/status/1543442616854921219?t=pw8JXJYEIQOAH5q1IB836w&s=19

Ugh I don't like that stuff. Did we hear about Gobert being traded? I tend to believe when the media start to make comments like this, there's a lot of BS info feeding in work/play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:22 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Shams today saying several suitors are involved with Kyrie: Lakers, Sixers, and Mavs...

https://twitter.com/ballysports/status/1543411947214802946

Could be leverage play by BKN, trying to pretend they have a market.

Or Mavs pretending to be interested so Lakers have to give up more to get him, making them weaker long-term.

What our dude who believes the Earth is Flat needs to do is pull an AD and say to every team - Lakers or I sit out until FA. The end. When he does this, the Lakers can then refrain Rob from giving up every asset he has, because believe me, we will be trying to give up everything before this over.

Arguably these are viewed as our assets.

Reaves (good contract, bird rights, cheap, rotational level player)
Christie (prospect in the latest NBA draft)
2027 pick (unprotected)
2029 pick (unprotected)

Hopefully we can at most give up 1 protected pick, but that would have been with Mitch negotiating. I'm watching out for what of the above 4 assets we give up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Shams today saying several suitors are involved with Kyrie: Lakers, Sixers, and Mavs...

Or Mavs pretending to be interested so Lakers have to give up more to get him, making them weaker long-term.

What our dude who believes the Earth is Flat needs to do is pull an AD and say to every team - Lakers or I sit out until FA. The end. When he does this, the Lakers can then refrain Rob from giving up every asset he has, because believe me, we will be trying to give up everything before this over.

2027 pick (unprotected)
2029 pick (unprotected)

Hopefully we can at most give up 1 protected pick, but that would have been with Mitch negotiating. I'm watching out for what of the above 4 assets we give up.

I repeat. See the AD trade. Pelinka is prone to overpay when he doesn't have to.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

Ok, it’s Sunday, what’s up, I need to rest
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

2027 pick (unprotected)
2029 pick (unprotected)

I view THT as an asset too
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject:

LOL @ LG armchair GMs:

"Westbrook for Kyrie, Curry, 2024 #2, 2029 #1 and $5.5 million in cash or no deal!!!"
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Here we go.

Ugh I don't like that stuff. Did we hear about Gobert being traded? I tend to believe when the media start to make comments like this, there's a lot of BS info feeding in work/play.

Yes, about a week prior. I was seeing tweets about them wanting to make the pairing.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject:

Philly no interest in Kyrie
https://twitter.com/jclarknbcs/status/1543607916380528642
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Joe Harris would be a solid fit with Kyrie on the Lakers.

Yes I am wondering why the Lakers aren't biting on this trade. Is it because they would have to include someone with WB like THT?? or who do the Lakers would have to give with WB also to make the salaries match with Irving/Harris
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Philly no interest in Kyrie
https://twitter.com/jclarknbcs/status/1543607916380528642

Perhaps means the reports of interest from other team like Philly and the Mavs are just to get the Lakers to bite
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:41 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yes I am wondering why the Lakers aren't biting on this trade. Is it because they would have to include someone with WB like THT?? or who do the Lakers would have to give with WB also to make the salaries match with Irving/Harris

It works with including Nunn or THT.

I think it’s more because of the luxury tax. The lakers probably willing to do it but not include both picks. Just negotiation at this point. Which Rob def should be doing.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Presumably they don't want to give up all their picks in the trade AND give the Nets cap relief.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
MJST wrote:

They are staring down the barrel of being a repeat tax offender ie it puts us in a more punitive tax bracket next year.

Hence the 2023 cap plan where we want to purge salaries so that we’re in no danger to breach the tax line.

This bears worth repeating (pun intended).

We do not have to include salary to match a package of Ky/Harris. Russ makes enough and can legally be traded for both of them by himself. Ky can even activate part of his 15% trade kicker (~3m of a possible 5.5m). Either way, Ky cannot be extended immediately after the trade, so waiving or activating his trade kicker makes no difference. The earliest we can offer an extension to him is 6 months after the trade.

See below for details that I listed earlier in this thread. But if THT or any other salaried Laker is included, it’s because BK demanded them and are okay in paying the associated taxes on those Laker players OR it’s cause we are unloading salary so that Harris is the only one bleeding into our cap sheet next season and we aren’t paying taxes on both Harris & THT (Nunn or any other player we’re trying to unload on BK if they force Harris’s deal onto us) this season. 👇🏼

Quote:
So they’re forcing Harris on us who would bleed into our potential 2023 cap plan. But then won’t Ky & Bron be doing just that next summer if we’re intending to keep them (via their bird rights & associated capholds)? Let’s say Bron & Ky both take a haircut and come back for 35m per each, then that would leave us about 15m in potential cap space (on a projected 133m salary cap) if we got rid of everybody else and only had 9 IR charges along with those 3 on our books. I would say about 15m in cap ain’t really going to make or break a Bron/Ky/AD led team.

If we weren’t already telegraphing our aversion for the repeater tax, this Haynes report puts it on full blast haha.

FYI: Russ’s deal can bring in as much as 59m in salary by himself. Ky (w/up to 3m of his 5.5m trade kicker activated) + JHarris’s 18.6m deal can be had with just Russ’s salary alone.

We would not need to add any additional salary to match. So if THT is involved and swapped for JHarris, it was because BK valued him and did not mind paying the associated tax on him. Because, they don’t need THT included for the deal to be legal and if they’re trying to minimize their own tax hit this year, then the inclusion of THT or any other LA salaried player is because we negotiated BK to take them on so that we could minimize our tax hit and our likelihood to be a repeat tax offender next summer.

That’s something to definitely keep our eye on.

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject:

Legally Russ’s deal alone can be traded for a package of Ky/Harris/Cam.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LOL @ LG armchair GMs:

"Westbrook for Kyrie, Curry, 2024 #2, 2029 #1 and $5.5 million in cash or no deal!!!"

Nope…the exaggeration is satire I get it..,but it is added to cover up true reality. Seth and two pics or Harris and one. That is reasonable logical negotiations. Especially when no one else is bidding against us.

Now the flip side is also true, their isn’t anyone bidding against them. I like the hard nosed stance but if it doesn’t work then I would consider two pics even with Harris included, but we should not lead with that and just accept it until it is revealed that it is the only deal that would be excepted.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

Lakers have all the leverage. At this point, if we do have a back up deal ready, give Brooklyn a set deadline today and our bottom line offer. If they don’t take it they risk no other offers, kyrie making their lives miserable for the entire year, and getting nothing back for him. I would take that chance and play hardball with them.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Lakers have all the leverage. At this point, if we do have a back up deal ready, give Brooklyn a set deadline today and our bottom line offer. If they don’t take it they risk no other offers, kyrie making their lives miserable for the entire year, and getting nothing back for him. I would take that chance and play hardball with them.

if we want Kyrie we have no leverage. nets don't have to deal him or KD. They can John Wall him or he can lose millions not wanting to show, which if he does he should have just signed with us.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject:

There possibly cannot be any more negotiating at this point unless they are trying to find a third team. Even then, I have to believe this has been in the works for longer than we all know. That meeting with marks a couple weeks ago wasn’t to discuss Russia.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
textbook wrote:

if we want Kyrie we have no leverage. nets don't have to deal him or KD. They can John Wall him or he can lose millions not wanting to show, which if he does he should have just signed with us.

Disagree. They don’t want to just lose him for nothing. We are their only trade partner. They get a first round pick with us. I’m looking at it from their perspective not ours. If they turn us down then later hold onto him for nothing, it would be an epic failure. I only expect our gm to do that 😂
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
There possibly cannot be any more negotiating at this point unless they are trying to find a third team. Even then, I have to believe this has been in the works for longer than we all know. That meeting with marks a couple weeks ago wasn’t to discuss Russia.

Typically the team that will get better after the trade got no leverage, so in this case, it is clearly us.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Halflife wrote:
textbook wrote:

Disagree. They don’t want to just lose him for nothing. We are their only trade partner. They get a first round pick with us. I’m looking at it from their perspective not ours. If they turn us down then later hold onto him for nothing, it would be an epic failure. I only expect our gm to do that 😂

if they get russ, they are losing him for nothing. Cap relief isn't nothing.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

They get the same cap relief with Russ or kyrie/Harris, even more. But they also get a pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 4 of 72
Jump to: