NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2934, 2935, 2936 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:37 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:
A few years? Try decades, generations.

Dude, no. Just stop with the exaggerations. Lakers were great and champions before LeBron, and we will do so after him.

Jeanie won’t always be the owner, and Rob will certainly NOT always be the Lakers GM/President. Things will change…I hope lol.

If it weren't for LeBron. The Lakers would be 10+ years into their rebuild after trying to build around 1-time All-Star, currently-on-the-trade-block Brandon Ingram.

So you think that trading young players and picks for star players wouldn’t be possible without Lebron? That is why these kinds of statements are useless, it’s just speculation without facts. I could counter with they could have trade assets for a couple of stars and would be going for their third title.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:37 am    Post subject:

Read that BBall Paul might get waived, I’d take him for TPMLE if we can open that up
#18 next...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:

Dude, no. Just stop with the exaggerations. Lakers were great and champions before LeBron, and we will do so after him.

Jeanie won’t always be the owner, and Rob will certainly NOT always be the Lakers GM/President. Things will change…I hope lol.

If it weren't for LeBron. The Lakers would be 10+ years into their rebuild after trying to build around 1-time All-Star, currently-on-the-trade-block Brandon Ingram.

So you think that trading young players and picks for star players wouldn’t be possible without Lebron? That is why these kinds of statements are useless, it’s just speculation without facts. I could counter with they could have trade assets for a couple of stars and would be going for their third title.

Ugh. To agree with CLF...

Excuse me while I wash my tongue with soap.
- sign and trade DLO (nobody wants him LMAO!)
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot (JJ: LeBron Bestie/might be a racist)

Call it an offseason (ROFL)
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Japago wrote:
As long as AR and DLo are the best players behind LeBron and AD, the Lakers aren't doing anything.

They don't defend well enough, they don't create offense at a high enough level, and even THAT offense drops off in the playoffs.

Ham got too much blame. He wasn't a good coach, but what value do these guys provide when they aren't scoring efficiently?

Nothing.

We’ll find out pretty soon into the season that we cant keep blaming Darvin for our piss poor management.

Just wish we were done with LeBron. I want off the ride.

I agree, Ham was just the latest escape goat. But fans are fans, we were a top team in the league under Ham but a first round exit the next season under Ham. We have to have it both ways because it’s easy to fire a coach (Lakers are getting good at that) but harder to blame players and management who are more difficult to replace.

I like the sudden reluctance to dish out young players and future assets. Hopefully it’s the young Buss’ growing influence in the FO. Keep on that line no matter the consequences. Lebron has an opt out, if he doesn’t like how things are going he can utilize it. Any kind of rebuild will be ugly but how many patches do you put on a tire tube until you realize you need a new tube?

Ham was a big part of the problem.

There will be no rebuild, you can bet on that. It took an unprecedented trade veto by the NBA to send them into the last one.. and that one was the first in a long long long time.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Japago wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Japago wrote:

Trading young players and picks for a number 2 star would be pointless without a number 1 star, no?

Where's he coming from? THOSE guys are never available for trade, no matter how many assets you have.

And with mediocrity comes deprecating assets. Those guys were probably too good to get high draft picks. Those future picks wouldn't have been worth much.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:45 am    Post subject:

Trades can still happen very easily. Really not a big deal
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I agree, Ham was just the latest escape goat. But fans are fans, we were a top team in the league under Ham

Oh thank god, there is the CLF we know.

Remind me: where in those two years with Ham were the Lakers a top team? Because I’m pretty sure 7th and 8th seed in two seasons don’t qualify as “top team”.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I agree, Ham was just the latest escape goat. But fans are fans, we were a top team in the league under Ham

Remind me: where in those two years with Ham were the Lakers a top team? Because I’m pretty sure 7th and 8th seed in two seasons don’t qualify as “top team”.

The team was a legit contender, according to fans, when they were swept in the WCFs by Denver. As I remember Denver was the only team in the league that the team couldn’t beat, again according to fans. And Ham coached that team.
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
So much for Lebron waiting a week.

Welp, we’re screwed.

He waited as long as needed.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

Pidge wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So much for Lebron waiting a week.

Welp, we’re screwed.

He waited as long as needed.

Also, he literally can't sign until July 6. Moves can still be made right now.,
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

Moves will be via trade, I don't think there's a need for him to take a cut at this point.
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject:

Lack of size - not addressed
POA defender - not addressed
Wing help - not addressed
3rd guy - didn't happen

We added a shooter (rookie) and a new coach. What a woof and a whiff.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The team was a legit contender, according to fans

Right, because you are definitely not one of them correct?

Instead of trying to move goal posts, answer the question: Were the Lakers a top team according to you in those two seasons with Ham. Yes or no?

Last edited by Megaton on Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject:

None of the rumored offers out there were worth biting on according to reports...

A sign and trade with the Bulls when it comes to giving DeRozan 20+ million was an asking price of a first round pick because of the salaries they would have had to take back- because they are only 13 million under the cap- sorry but no, let the Heat make that dumb deal with the 2 remaining first rounders they have left through 2031- PASS

The Blazers were asking for 2 first round picks for Grant, which in itself was ludicrous; especially considering the players we would have likely had to give up in the deal. His lack of rebounding and defense isn't worth the offense he would have brought- PASS

Most "salary dumping deals" for some combination of DLo, Hachimura and Vincent +minimums were asking for either Reeves or a 1st round pick as well- PASS

The Nets wanted a 1st round pick for Finney-Smith or Cameron Johnson, and although both players would help this team; neither of them are worth a 1st rounder. Johnson is closer, but not when Hachimura or Russell would have to go to secure him along with that FRP- PASS

Pelinka was smart not to bite on any of these rumored deals...

Personally, I would have considered a Vincent+JHS+one minimum guy (Reddish preferably) salary dumping (and I hope that still is the case) with (2) second round picks being the cost, but that wouldn't have helped the DeRozan S&T option with the Bulls; so why do it before James opts in- PASS for now
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject:

Honestly the major thing is the S&T option is now gone. If DeRozan wasn’t gonna happen the S&T is not a concern and no reason for Bron not to sign for the max.

I’m actually excited about Bron doing a 1 year deal! This allows Bron to opt out next year and take less IF another Klay type situation presents itself.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject:

jb2 wrote:
3rd guy - didn't happen

We’re headed back to the play in.

Also, Bron & AD will play in Olympics which means they’ll probably be less healthy than last season
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
jb2 wrote:
3rd guy - didn't happen

Also, Bron & AD will play in Olympics which means they’ll probably be less healthy than last season

I would be happy to make the play-in. This season has potential for embarrassment.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:15 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
jb2 wrote:
3rd guy - didn't happen

I would be happy to make the play-in. This season has potential for embarrassment.

Based on what?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Free agent guard Damion Lee is returning to the Phoenix Suns on a one-year deal, sources tell ESPN.

Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
jb2 wrote:
3rd guy - didn't happen

Really? We're probably not breaking the top four but beneath that there's nothing proven, all to play for.

This is the West, you have to fight for your place.
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FrankUnderwood wrote:
jb2 wrote:
3rd guy - didn't happen

Perhaps the FO has accepted the fact that that's just who we are for now.., IST, baby ! Unless something falls into their lap, they seem content waiting on LeBron - while also happily (and needingly) catering to his every whim.

Caruso - gone. KCP - gone. Kuz - gone. 1sts that could've yielded Herb Jones, Bane, McDaniels... GONE. This situation is really of their making but hey, they can milk cash cow Bron while letting judgment fall on LeGM.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

We're going into next season with the same roster except for Bronny and Knecht for Prince and Dinwiddie

This is an utter failure with Bron's fingerprints all over it. Wasting a roster spot and costing 50 mil against our cap. I was optimistic when we got Bron but I've seen that he's weilding unprecedented power over decisions he shouldnt. Why were making so many concessions for his is beyond me

I get taking care of our players but Bron has had major hand in moves that have set the franchise back in terms of competitiveness. This latest stunt of dangling the idea of taking a discount only to take the max and completely hamstring our ability to upgrade the roster is my last straw. He's a freaking billionaire and the franchise has bent over backwards to accommodate you at every turn.

I'm done with him and I can't support this team while he's on it. He (with the help of Lakers ownership and the front office) has steered the ship astray. We have little if any younh prospects and our chances of winning seem very slim at best. He's lining his pockets while not fulfilling his role of helping the team compete for championships. Worst of all we had to watch our biggest rivals build a juggernaut of a team and win while we have floundered and gone backwards

This is so disappointing as a fan to watch
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:24 am    Post subject:

I understand the panic, but we aren't a bad team. As long as we keep out picks I'll support not trading for someone. After some thought, I wouldn't trade 1sts for Cam Johnson. I would only trade picks for Lauri.

I would be down with trading salary for Lavine and 2 picks. That signals they are serious about building. As long as they don't include Reaves and Knecht
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:24 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
jb2 wrote:
3rd guy - didn't happen

Based on what?

First year head coach.

Highest paid player is a 40 year old in his 22nd season.

Second highest paid player is oft injured big man.

Giving minutes to Bronny James.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
I understand the panic, but we aren't a bad team. As long as we keep out picks I'll support not trading for someone. After some thought, I wouldn't trade 1sts for Cam Johnson. I would only trade picks for Lauri.

I would be down with trading salary for Lavine and 2 picks. That signals they are serious about building. As long as they don't include Reaves and Knecht

The chances of Lebron and Davis being as healthy as they were last season is really really small
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2934, 2935, 2936 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next
Page 2935 of 2965
Jump to: