NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2903, 2904, 2905 ... 2948, 2949, 2950  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
The further it gets into FA without the Lakers making a move, the sicker I feel

I still can’t believe people are saying we should run it back, when there are CLEARLY multiple holes in this roster. Fixable holes, but they’re nonetheless gaps. A new coach and Knecht at 17 is a very nice start, but the job’s not finished

I think we all want at least upgrades that address those holes. I don't want to see a massive overhaul to be honest, as I think we have a lot of nice pieces. We're just missing a big, another shooter (which I think we have in Knecht), internal growth from our still improving players and an offensive/defensive system that actually maximizes the players we have into one cohesive unit.

I'm one of those who thinks we're not far off.

What about better lineups, rotations, and use of challenges and timeouts?

Having a competent coach is going to help with at least 3 or 4 wins easily

Against the Nuggets, though?

They just lost KCP. They are weaker than last season. If playoff matchups get shuffled a little we might not have to play them. They are beatable. Not by us to date though.

We still need someone to defend Murray (and Edwards, SGA etc) that’s actually playable for more than 16mpg in a playoff setting (ie not Vando)

See my suggestion above. Caleb Martin is pretty good as a role player. Plays well defensively.

Would he take the TPMLE? I’d be open to it (edit: after doing my research, the answer would be no haha)

Then trade for a backup big
#18 next...
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

which wing do you like the best?

1. Cam Johnson for Dlo/Wood/1st

2. DDR for Dlo/Cam Reddish

3. Kyle Kuzma for Dlo/Wood/1st

4. Jerami Grant for Dlo/Gabe/1st
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I realize that we're probably not this smart, but I'm going to galaxy brain something so just work with me here. Okay, I think we all recall when LeBron attended that playoff game in Cleveland. It's not like it could have been out of the realm of possibility for him to have talked to Mitchell while he was there. And let's just say that LeBron and the Lakers were trying to figure out a way to best steer him to the Lakers, and obviously this assumes that this is what Mitchell wants. How do you best eliminate the other possible suitors, to where Cleveland would simply want to trade him somewhere else if they have the assets, particularly if the offers were close? Well, perhaps you get it leaked through the media that you plan on signing an extension in Cleveland before free agency opens. And perhaps this leads to other possible suitors going about their business during free agency and making moves, such as the Knicks and Philadelphia. And perhaps if you're the Lakers, you make calls and you act like you might make a big move, but yet nothing comes together. IF Mitchell were to suddenly have it leaked that something changed and now he wants a trade, well, who is better positioned than us to acquire him, at this point?

I know, I know. We aren't that smart lol. But it really would be a logical way to go about it. And I do find it a little strange that he hasn't signed the extension yet. It's not like there's anything to negotiate as far as a higher dollar amount. It's not like he can squeeze any more money out of the CBA.

Last edited by ChickenStu on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
For the money they're being paid, I'm fine with Hayes and Wood, but we still need a big, physical center. That would give us a Center who can shoot from outside and blocks some shots (Wood), an athletic freak, lob threat hustle guy (Hayes) and a big, physical Center to go against the likes of Jokic, Embiid, etc. ( ? ).

I'm looking at the Bucks roster and they want a wing defender and look like a back up PG.

BroLo makes $23m...

Gabe/Vando/Cam might get it done.

Why would we trade our 2 best wing and poa defenders?

Who do you suggest? Bucks wants to get faster on defense and also looking for a solid back up PG.

Rui and Gabe. Throw in Cam if they want. Keep Vando

Why is everyone so high brolo? If we make a deal with the bucks, I’d hope they get Bobby portis who will be much better suited for our team. Nazi Reid gave Jokic more trouble that gobert, just saying….
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:32 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

Kyle kuzma????? Cam Johnson???? And we have to add FRP and DLO? If nobody wants DLo, we keep him. He is more value able to our offense compare to Kuzma and cam. Kuzma is a worse playoff performer than DLO
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
For the money they're being paid, I'm fine with Hayes and Wood, but we still need a big, physical center. That would give us a Center who can shoot from outside and blocks some shots (Wood), an athletic freak, lob threat hustle guy (Hayes) and a big, physical Center to go against the likes of Jokic, Embiid, etc. ( ? ).

I'm looking at the Bucks roster and they want a wing defender and look like a back up PG.

BroLo makes $23m...

Who do you suggest? Bucks wants to get faster on defense and also looking for a solid back up PG.

Why is everyone so high brolo? If we make a deal with the bucks, I’d hope they get Bobby portis who will be much better suited for our team. Nazi Reid gave Jokic more trouble that gobert, just saying….

BroLo solves 3 things... Big Body center who can shoot and shot blocker.

I know he's 36 but I wonder if Lebron might be willing to take a slight paycut for him so we don't have to send full salary.

Gabe/Hayes/Cam goes to about $17m. Bron takes $5m less.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I realize that we're probably not this smart, but I'm going to galaxy brain something so just work with me here. Okay, I think we all recall when LeBron attended that playoff game in Cleveland. It's not like it could have been out of the realm of possibility for him to have talked to Mitchell while he was there. And let's just say that LeBron and the Lakers were trying to figure out a way to best steer him to the Lakers, and obviously this assumes that this is what Mitchell wants. How do you best eliminate the other possible suitors, to where Cleveland would simply want to trade him somewhere else if they have the assets, particularly if the offers were close? Well, perhaps you get it leaked through the media that you plan on signing an extension in Cleveland before free agency opens. And perhaps this leads to other possible suitors going about their business during free agency and making moves, such as the Knicks and Philadelphia. And perhaps if you're the Lakers, you make calls and you act like you might make a big move, but you act oddly quiet. IF Mitchell were to suddenly have it leaked that something changed and now he wants a trade, well, who is better positioned than us to acquire him, at this point?
I know, I know. We aren't that smart lol. But it really would be a logical way to go about it.

AR/Rui/JHS + 2FRP + 3 Swaps + Knecht for Mitchell.

Do it?

AR / Hayes / Wood
Bron / Vando / Prince / Lewis / Cam
Spida / Dlo / Christie / Vincent / Bronny
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

Kyle kuzma????? Cam Johnson???? And we have to add FRP and DLO? If nobody wants DLo, we keep him. He is more value able to our offense compare to Kuzma and cam. Kuzma is a worse playoff performer than DLO

Don’t you know Laker fans want their trade and they want it now! It doesn’t matter if it’s actually a good trade or not. The rush that those endorphins give is all that matters to the junkies.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:37 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

BroLo makes $23m...

I know he's 36 but I wonder if Lebron might be willing to take a slight paycut for him so we don't have to send full salary.

Bobby portis can switch to perimeter, a better rebounder, better shooter, making less money.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:37 pm    Post subject:

^
Yes, you would have to make that trade. And maybe the fact that we got a prospect in Knecht who most people had rated much higher would help.

And then I would think about flipping Russell for a center. We would also open up roster spots.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

Don’t you know Laker fans want their trade and they want it now! It doesn’t matter if it’s actually a good trade or not. The rush that those endorphins give is all that matters to the junkies.

I thought we only have one IG, but guess not
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

Kuzma sucks.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I realize that we're probably not this smart, but I'm going to galaxy brain something so just work with me here. Okay, I think we all recall when LeBron attended that playoff game in Cleveland. It's not like it could have been out of the realm of possibility for him to have talked to Mitchell while he was there. And let's just say that LeBron and the Lakers were trying to figure out a way to best steer him to the Lakers, and obviously this assumes that this is what Mitchell wants. How do you best eliminate the other possible suitors, to where Cleveland would simply want to trade him somewhere else if they have the assets, particularly if the offers were close? Well, perhaps you get it leaked through the media that you plan on signing an extension in Cleveland before free agency opens. And perhaps this leads to other possible suitors going about their business during free agency and making moves, such as the Knicks and Philadelphia. And perhaps if you're the Lakers, you make calls and you act like you might make a big move, but you act oddly quiet. IF Mitchell were to suddenly have it leaked that something changed and now he wants a trade, well, who is better positioned than us to acquire him, at this point?
I know, I know. We aren't that smart lol. But it really would be a logical way to go about it.

AR/Rui/JHS + 2FRP + 3 Swaps + Knecht for Mitchell.

Do it?

AR / Hayes / Wood
Bron / Vando / Prince / Lewis / Cam
Spida / Dlo / Christie / Vincent / Bronny

In a heartbeat, when a star is available, you get him, especially a young one
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

Ugh, I hate these types of posts

I refuse to believe there isn’t a good trade that can improve a hole or two in the roster out there
#18 next...
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LAKERS GET:
Collin Sexton
Walker Kessler

JAZZ GET:
Dennis Schroeder
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Cam Reddish
Top 4 2027 Lakers FRP
2029 Lakers FRP
2026 Nets 2RP

NETS GET:
D’Angelo Russell
Jaxson Hayes (or Christian Wood)

This trade still makes the most sense to me and feels realistic.

Jazz are reportedly interested in tanking and accruing more draft capital. Nets are reportedly interested in a DLo reunion.

Lakers replace DLo with Collin Sexton, an athletic point guard who can both shoot the 3 and attack the basket at will. With his athleticism, Sexton has a much higher defensive upside than DLo. Simply put, athleticism from the guard position was a major weakness last season and this trade solves that issue. Another long-time issue has been that the defense turns into a layup line for opponents when AD is on the bench. Easy buckets, momentum gained by the opponent, and a ton of ground that the Lakers have to make up for once AD comes back into the game. Walker Kessler solves that problem on day one as one of the best rim protectors in the league.

Trade looks like a Win-Win-Win.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
32 wrote:
I'm surprised there hasn't been more trades since free agency opened. I think so far Klay is the only one.

It could be that trades take much longer to negotiate now with every team seemingly asking for 4 or 5 first rounders as a starting point for even their role players

1st and 2nd apron teams can't trade with each other without a 3rd team unless the players make the same $ down to the single dollars.

I have a feeling that if this rule stays, salaries are going to be offered in some set increment so that stacking salaries will match up (2nd apron teams can't even stack).
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

I'd go with number 4, but replace DLo with Rui. Just checked the ESPN trade machine and it works. I'd only give up one first and maybe two seconds, max.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Reaves/JHS/Knect/2 firsts for Lauri. Do you do it?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

DO IT MITCH!!!
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:49 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

No I still love Dlo and Gabe as my first priorities

I especially move Dlo because he’s a subpar playoff performer. Reaves has upped or maintained his averages both postseason runs. To not have him and go in the playoffs and Dlo still drops from a 18 point guy to a 13 point guy who shoots low 30s and bad free throws in a series doesn’t fix us.

Now if you give us Lauri and Reaves both putting up a consistent 17, in both playoffs and the season … oh hell yeah we give any team hell in a series and win them at the margins. It’s why I said give me Derozan or Klay with Reaves, Bron, and AD. We don’t need Dlo to just be good enough for the regular season. We need his ass to maintain his averages in the playoffs and he’s shown consistently he doesn’t do that multiple postseason runs.

I would offer them what they needed to get the Lauri deal done, which could be Gabe, JHS, Knect, Lewis, picks and a swap. Then I would still turn around and talk to Chicago and Derozan about if they will suffer through a year of Dlo for Derozan.

Lauri fixes the size, shooting, and big next to AD issue perfectly.

I just happen to think moving Dlo or Gabe for him fixes our postseason issues too perfectly because we don’t have to rely on tap water in the veins … I’d even circle back around if Derozan said no to Dlo to Brooklyn for Denis if we got Lauri
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Quote:
LAKERS GET:
Collin Sexton
Walker Kessler

JAZZ GET:
Dennis Schroeder
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Cam Reddish
Top 4 2027 Lakers FRP
2029 Lakers FRP
2026 Nets 2RP

NETS GET:
D’Angelo Russell

Jazz are reportedly interested in tanking and accruing more draft capital. Nets are reportedly interested in a DLo reunion.

Lakers replace DLo with Collin Sexton, an athletic point guard who can both shoot the 3 and attack the basket at will. With his athleticism, Sexton has a much higher defensive upside than DLo. Simply put, athleticism from the guard position was a major weakness last season and this trade solves that issue. Another long-time issue has been that the defense turns into a layup line for opponents when AD is on the bench. Easy buckets, momentum gained by the opponent, and a ton of ground that the Lakers have to make up for once AD comes back into the game. Walker Kessler solves that problem on day one as one of the best rim protectors in the league.

This. Then we could potentially use some type of MLE on a 3-and-D wing with length and call it a solid or even a good offseason.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

BroLo makes $23m...

I watched alot of Bucks games in the last 5 years. Brook Lopez is cooked. Small ball will run him off the floor.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:21 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
The further it gets into FA without the Lakers making a move, the sicker I feel

I still can’t believe people are saying we should run it back, when there are CLEARLY multiple holes in this roster. Fixable holes, but they’re nonetheless gaps. A new coach and Knecht at 17 is a very nice start, but the job’s not finished

I think we all want at least upgrades that address those holes. I don't want to see a massive overhaul to be honest, as I think we have a lot of nice pieces. We're just missing a big, another shooter (which I think we have in Knecht), internal growth from our still improving players and an offensive/defensive system that actually maximizes the players we have into one cohesive unit.

I'm one of those who thinks we're not far off.

What about better lineups, rotations, and use of challenges and timeouts?

Having a competent coach is going to help with at least 3 or 4 wins easily

Against the Nuggets, though?

They just lost KCP. They are weaker than last season. If playoff matchups get shuffled a little we might not have to play them. They are beatable. Not by us to date though.

We still need someone to defend Murray (and Edwards, SGA etc) that’s actually playable for more than 16mpg in a playoff setting (ie not Vando)

Trade for Dorian Finney-Smith.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:38 am    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

BroLo makes $23m...

I watched alot of Bucks games in the last 5 years. Brook Lopez is cooked. Small ball will run him off the floor.

Lopez wasn’t cooked to you put the turn stiles of Beasley and Lillard together. He was just first team all defense the year before. He was second in DPOY voting.

If you could put Lopez next to AD playing PF and Bron, the whole defense is worlds different. AD is all nba defender. Bron is still a better one on one defender than anyone on the team including Vando. You would just need to not have Dlo and AR together being matadors. Like keep Reaves and go from there.

Reaves
Derozan
Lebron
AD
Brook

That can win you games and lock in. And has to be defended everywhere.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:34 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Quote:
LAKERS GET:
Collin Sexton
Walker Kessler

JAZZ GET:
Dennis Schroeder
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Cam Reddish
Top 4 2027 Lakers FRP
2029 Lakers FRP
2026 Nets 2RP

NETS GET:
D’Angelo Russell

This. Then we could potentially use some type of MLE on a 3-and-D wing with length and call it a solid or even a good offseason.

i agree, but Pelinka is so bleeping clueless!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2903, 2904, 2905 ... 2948, 2949, 2950  Next
Page 2904 of 2950
Jump to: