NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2901, 2902, 2903 ... 2948, 2949, 2950  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
We need to spend the picks now. We need to do "whatever" it takes to maximize the chances of winning the championship with the current roster.

Saving the draft picks should be fine for a team that isn't contending like the Rockets or the Blazers. It is very difficult to get a team to "contending" status so we should make the most of our current opportunity.

The draft picks have such a low chance of success though. Just look at this draft, most players are useless. Don't look at Foston and think that could be replicated...lol.

You use the picks for a serious impact upgrade, not for a 34 year old player, coming off a torn achilles and a torn ACL. The Lakers have already said a zillion times that they would happily give up the picks for a STAR, not a quality role player and that's the right call.

Last edited by LakerJam on Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
“The Lakers & LeBron don’t have the same priorities.” -Windhorst on ESPN

He did say LeBron loves being a Laker. They just drafted his son and he’ll probably now sign for $160 mil dollars.

Also said Lakers gave Max Christie a 4 year deal. Rob told everyone they want to develop young players. Lakers aren’t trading draft picks like the Mavs did for Klay.

That's a man that has figured out the value of a first round pick. It must be hard with all of laker nation applying pressure on him to spend them. But he's thinking two steps ahead. If we are giving up picks we better be getting a star in their prime, anything else isn't worth a first round.

Suck there's been no action but we have not sold the future for something marginally better. Let's keep that going Pelinka. The future is sooner than you think, it's coming like a 39 year old freight train

THIS.

+2

Do you really have faith in Pelinka handling the rebuild with all those draft picks? I don't. We would have to hire someone like Myers in order for me to go along with the rebuild.

Yes, I do.

I have faith in our college scouting department more than anything else. The one thing we can do is find diamonds in the ruff
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
deal wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
We prioritized an injury proned 34 year old that plays the same position as a promising rookie we've just drafted and then missed out on a player that would have filled our most urgent needs in Jonas.

It wasn't a coincidence that Pelinka nearly dismantled our championship winning roster.

Note that is the only time Pelinka has done something LeBron wanted.

Other than draft his son at 55.

Nah, as far as I know Westbrick was the only player that was influenced by Lebron. Pelinka already tore down the championship team before that. That was why Lebron wanted to intervene the next year with the Westbrick trade. He saw Rob's incompetence and said "enough is enough".

Lebron is Klutch and Klutch is LeBron. Bron has had his hands all over
this club from the get go.

Agreed. Thanks to LeKlutch we have won championship #17. Without their help, we'd be stuck at 16 championships with Brandon freaking Ingram and DLo and Lonzo Bust enjoying his paycheck at home.

Bron was in the lotto before the AD trade and none of those players you mentioned are busts.

LOL

- Ingram, he's good but so good that Pelicans don't want to give him that big pay day?
- Lonzo, if he's not a BUST, I don't know what is
- DLO, lets not kid ourselves
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

He did say LeBron loves being a Laker. They just drafted his son and he’ll probably now sign for $160 mil dollars.

Also said Lakers gave Max Christie a 4 year deal. Rob told everyone they want to develop young players. Lakers aren’t trading draft picks like the Mavs did for Klay.

That's a man that has figured out the value of a first round pick. It must be hard with all of laker nation applying pressure on him to spend them. But he's thinking two steps ahead. If we are giving up picks we better be getting a star in their prime, anything else isn't worth a first round.

Suck there's been no action but we have not sold the future for something marginally better. Let's keep that going Pelinka. The future is sooner than you think, it's coming like a 39 year old freight train

THIS.

+2

Do you really have faith in Pelinka handling the rebuild with all those draft picks? I don't. We would have to hire someone like Myers in order for me to go along with the rebuild.

Yes, I do.

I have faith in Pelinka too. Not sure where all the hate comes from around here from some posters. We all know about the one Clippers fan who hates the entire front office, but some of the others who hate Pelinka I don’t really get. Does he deserve the blame for the Westbrook fiasco? His two stars were pushing him to do it. I don’t blame him for that one.

I do blame him for giving Reddish and Wood player options. Although, that’s probably pretty minimal impact at this point. And I blame him for HAM if that what his hire. Although, he was the IT assistant at the time. Probably learned his lesson on that one.

Been discussed many times...

At the end of the day, Lebron and AD are not the ones negotiating and making deals. Rob still call the shots and finalizes any deals that happens or fails. FO and Klutch relationship been I give, and now you give. Which has not worked. FO has to pick a lane. Rebuild or fully invest in your stars. Not this middle ground bs.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Yes, I do.

I have faith in our college scouting department more than anything else. The one thing we can do is find diamonds in the ruff

True that! And we can get very lucky when a high lottery talent with a great skillset and a dog like mentality, falls right to us. 😉
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Yes, I do.

Me too, like JHS over Jaime and Podz and Cam

Of course Maxwell Lewis over Trayce Jackson-Davis (probably answer our issues at the 5 for a while).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
I do want to get rid of one of Hayes or Wood and pick up Wiseman

Since JJ has a relationship with Hayes I can see them moving Wood.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:

Wood fits what JJ is trying to do... A stretch big who can shoot.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:30 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:

I would prefer they get rid of wood since Hayes provides athleticism
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:30 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:

Not when he was fat and couldn't move
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:

I would prefer they get rid of wood since Hayes provides athleticism

Hayes started to figure out how to be useful on offense as the season went on too. He got really good at reading baseline cuts to the rim for easy lobs
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:31 pm    Post subject:

For the money they're being paid, I'm fine with Hayes and Wood, but we still need a big, physical center. That would give us a Center who can shoot from outside and blocks some shots (Wood), an athletic freak, lob threat hustle guy (Hayes) and a big, physical Center to go against the likes of Jokic, Embiid, etc. ( ? ).

Last edited by LakerJam on Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I like Gordon Hayward if they can dump Cam to open a roster spot.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Yes, I do.

Of course Maxwell Lewis over Trayce Jackson-Davis (probably answer our issues at the 5 for a while).

You forgot to mention: Randle Nance Kuzma Dlo AC Reaves Ingram Hart Zubac. I know that's over two general managers but it's always been the same department
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Trying to take a deep breath, Klay is the only major target that's now officially off the board.

DeRozan and every regular trade option is still on the table. It's rough, but we have to keep that in mind... for now.

Watch all those opportunities dry up tomorrow.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:

Christian Wood was never "fat" last season, so what are you talking about?
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

carjoch831 wrote:
I like Gordon Hayward if they can dump Cam to open a roster spot.

That would be good also.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Yes, I do.

They had such a god awful draft last year.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Knecht4 wrote:

Christian Wood was never "fat" last season, so what are you talking about?

He was out of shape and it was noticeable. I think he even admitted he came into the season out of shape
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:36 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Yes, I do.

They had such a god awful draft last year.

JHS over Jaime, Podz or Cam is such a cope take. We've seen zero evidence that he's on either of their levels
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
For the money they're being paid, I'm fine with Hayes and Wood, but we still need a big, physical center. That would give us a Center who can shoot from outside and blocks some shots (Wood), an athletic freak, lob threat hustle guy (Hayes) and a big, physical Center to go against the likes of Jokic, Embiid, etc. ( ? ).

I'm looking at the Bucks roster and they want a wing defender and look like a back up PG.

BroLo makes $23m...

Gabe/Vando/Cam might get it done.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

I'm looking at the Bucks roster and they want a wing defender and look like a back up PG.

BroLo makes $23m...

Why would we trade our 2 best wing and poa defenders?
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

BroLo makes $23m...

im not giving all our defenders up for lopez.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Knecht4 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

BroLo makes $23m...

Who do you suggest? Bucks wants to get faster on defense and also looking for a solid back up PG.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Jonas would have been more valuable than Lopez and Lopez gets paid twice as much now.

If Lopez was still a capable defender it'd be something but he's not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2901, 2902, 2903 ... 2948, 2949, 2950  Next
Page 2902 of 2950
Jump to: