NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2900, 2901, 2902 ... 2969, 2970, 2971  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
“The Lakers & LeBron don’t have the same priorities.” -Windhorst on ESPN

He did say LeBron loves being a Laker. They just drafted his son and he’ll probably now sign for $160 mil dollars.

Also said Lakers gave Max Christie a 4 year deal. Rob told everyone they want to develop young players. Lakers aren’t trading draft picks like the Mavs did for Klay.

That's a man that has figured out the value of a first round pick. It must be hard with all of laker nation applying pressure on him to spend them. But he's thinking two steps ahead. If we are giving up picks we better be getting a star in their prime, anything else isn't worth a first round.

Suck there's been no action but we have not sold the future for something marginally better. Let's keep that going Pelinka. The future is sooner than you think, it's coming like a 39 year old freight train

THIS.

+2

Do you really have faith in Pelinka handling the rebuild with all those draft picks? I don't. We would have to hire someone like Myers in order for me to go along with the rebuild.

Weve been making some really great draft picks and undrafted FA signings. We just hired the wrong coaches.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

He did say LeBron loves being a Laker. They just drafted his son and he’ll probably now sign for $160 mil dollars.

Also said Lakers gave Max Christie a 4 year deal. Rob told everyone they want to develop young players. Lakers aren’t trading draft picks like the Mavs did for Klay.

That's a man that has figured out the value of a first round pick. It must be hard with all of laker nation applying pressure on him to spend them. But he's thinking two steps ahead. If we are giving up picks we better be getting a star in their prime, anything else isn't worth a first round.

Suck there's been no action but we have not sold the future for something marginally better. Let's keep that going Pelinka. The future is sooner than you think, it's coming like a 39 year old freight train

THIS.

+2

Do you really have faith in Pelinka handling the rebuild with all those draft picks? I don't. We would have to hire someone like Myers in order for me to go along with the rebuild.

Just let Jesse Buss do his thing with the draft and we’ll be alright
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron and the front office have different priorities, then Jeannie buss needs to make the decision to pick a side. This going halfway to make everyone happy crap isn’t working. Either let lebron know enough is enough, you made your bed with the Russ Westbrook trade demand and we complied, now it’s our turn to build the team via youth. If you don’t like it, don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:55 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
If LeBron and the front office have different priorities, then Jeannie buss needs to make the decision to pick a side. This going halfway to make everyone happy crap is t working. Either let lebron know enough is enough, you made your bed with the Russ Westbrook trade demand and we complied, now it’s our turn to build the team via youth. If you don’t like it, don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Both of them need to go. They are both terrible.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Weve been making some really great draft picks and undrafted FA signings. We just hired the wrong coaches.

I agree. I think many here underestimate how bad our coaching was last year.

I think it cost us 10 games and multiple blown loses to the Nuggets in the playoffs

We were up double digits in every game just about in the playoffs and was our roster ever completely healthy last year?

Last edited by windycitycane on Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Denny_Russo wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
deal wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
We prioritized an injury proned 34 year old that plays the same position as a promising rookie we've just drafted and then missed out on a player that would have filled our most urgent needs in Jonas.

It wasn't a coincidence that Pelinka nearly dismantled our championship winning roster.

Note that is the only time Pelinka has done something LeBron wanted.

Other than draft his son at 55.

Nah, as far as I know Westbrick was the only player that was influenced by Lebron. Pelinka already tore down the championship team before that. That was why Lebron wanted to intervene the next year with the Westbrick trade. He saw Rob's incompetence and said "enough is enough".

Lebron is Klutch and Klutch is LeBron. Bron has had his hands all over
this club from the get go.

Agreed. Thanks to LeKlutch we have won championship #17. Without their help, we'd be stuck at 16 championships with Brandon freaking Ingram and DLo and Lonzo Bust enjoying his paycheck at home.

Bron was in the lotto before the AD trade and none of those players you mentioned are busts.

Bron was in lottery but then he got AD to join. Bron and AD and LeKlutch helped us win the championship. DLo is a bust to a point that we couldn't even get rid of him as an expiring contract rn.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
If LeBron and the front office have different priorities, then Jeannie buss needs to make the decision to pick a side. This going halfway to make everyone happy crap is t working. Either let lebron know enough is enough, you made your bed with the Russ Westbrook trade demand and we complied, now it’s our turn to build the team via youth. If you don’t like it, don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Both of them are terrible and need to go.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

So far another poor off season for the Lakers...
Lakers lose out on potential fits for the team waiting on a Big Deal to unfold.
I know it's not over until it's over, but this franchise is seemingly heading towards the bottom.
The team is slowly working towards being the oldest team in the league again, and it just doesn't bode well for this NBA.
If we were to add Lopez, and DeRozan, we're super old in our starting unit, somewhere around 33/34.
The clock is ticking and the Lakers FO needs to pull the trigger on a deal or else, I'm afraid LakersNation will be sitting out of the playoffs/championship another year!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Rob dont want to give up any picks.

INCOMING Zach Lavine + 1st!!!!

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

From Chicago, sure
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

It's not a full rebuild. The Mavs advance to final because of their rookie. The Spurs got the Klaw and were reborn. Let's see what DK's got, who knows but you don't give up asset like that for slight upgrades
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:59 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Free frp? sign me up!!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject:

If Chicago were desperate enough to give up 1st rounders to offload lavine.. I’d be down.. depending on what we had to give up..
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Free frp? sign me up!!

Yup reports saying Bulls willing to attach a 1st pick to get out of Lavine's contract.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Bamba back in LA

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent center Mo Bamba has agreed on a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, sources tell ESPN.

🤣 You totally got me for a moments with this one!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject:

We need to spend the picks now. We need to do "whatever" it takes to maximize the chances of winning the championship with the current roster.

Saving the draft picks should be fine for a team that isn't contending like the Rockets or the Blazers. It is very difficult to get a team to "contending" status so we should make the most of our current opportunity.

The draft picks have such a low chance of success though. Just look at this draft, most players are useless. Don't look at Foston and think that could be replicated...lol.
Hye4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:13 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Hye4life wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Hye4life wrote:
Why hasn't Mitchell signed the extension? It should have been signed a while ago since they were offering him the max.

Lakers usually don't stay quiet. I'm willing to bet they make a big trade. People will then revert back to praising Rob.

Be patient, everyone.

Let's not do this to ourselves... Mitchell is out of our price range... 2 picks ain't getting it done.

I don't think you get as much for an expiring contract and his injury history. People act like Mitchell is locked up for years to come. 2 1sts, 2 recent firsts (knecht+ JHS) and pick swaps + Reaves+ Hachimura/DLO.

There's also Jarrett Allen and Garland.

This is what the Cavs gave up for Mitchell

Quote:
The Cavaliers sent Jazz forward Lauri Markkanen, rookie wing Ochai Agbaji, guard Collin Sexton, three unprotected first-round picks (2025, 2027 and 2029) and two pick swaps (2026 and 2028) for Mitchell.

Mitchell has put up better numbers with the Cavs and still in relatively low salary for easier salary matching.

Outside of Lebron/AD... Lakers don't have a Markannen type of player to throw in there.

Mitchell was traded with years left on his contract. Plus he has had continued injuries since he has been with the Cavs. Apples and oranges.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Hye4life wrote:
Why hasn't Mitchell signed the extension? It should have been signed a while ago since they were offering him the max.

Lakers usually don't stay quiet. I'm willing to bet they make a big trade. People will then revert back to praising Rob.

Be patient, everyone.

Let's not do this to ourselves... Mitchell is out of our price range... 2 picks ain't getting it done.

I'm not saying adding Knecht would get it done, but if that's what it costs, you best believe that he's gone.

Reaves, one of Vanderbilt or Rui, + picks and swaps is a pretty good haul. That’s close to or better than what the Nets got, IMO., considering most of those picks will be later in the first round.

Not that I’m advocating for that or anything.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
If Chicago were desperate enough to give up 1st rounders to offload lavine.. I’d be down.. depending on what we had to give up..

DLo, Gabe and Rui
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Yes, I do.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I don't know why people are obsessed with "We need another STARRRR"

The last FOUR Championships were won by a one or two "star" lead team surrounded by a bunch of role players who knew and understood their roles and played them well and had good Coaching behind them.

LeBron and Anthony Davis are your "stars" DLO is your "third option" that can occasionally take on the 1st or 2nd option role if the other two are either not available or having an off night. You got two 25+ PPG Stars and one 18+ scorer as your top 3 and one of those stars is also a DPOY player that can do it on both ends. Teams have won Championships in the last 4 years on less than that.

In addition we have Reaves who is good for 15-18 a night and a solid 4th option. We also have Rui Hachimura as "young athletic forward" whop is good for 13-15 and also a good rebounder and role player.

Then on our bench we have Gabe Vincent whom hopefully will be better this season. We also have Vando whom is one of the best defenders in the league and fills that niche. We also have a Top 5 draft prospect that somehow fell to us at 17 in Knecht, we have an up and coming 3 and D guy with high upside in Max Christie, we have a starting center coming off the bench in Christian Wood, and we have a high athleticism pick and roll big man in Jaxson Hayes.

Teams have won Championships the last 4 seasons with LESS than this. However they also had far superior Coaching and their "stars" were still in their primes. One of ours is not, which is why we have a player like DLO to try to help compensate that while also playing the point guard role so that star doesn't have to. The reality is if you took this same roster and made LeBron 34-35 instead of 39-40 we'd very easily be going for our 3rd chip in a row right now.

From the top end of the team we have all we need. Where we've lacked it is from the Coaching standpoint and some of our role players not being healthy. Not having Vando or Vincent last season didn't help us at all. Despite that we could have been a 50+ win team if not for the inability of our coach to use the lineup that worked. Once he did we were a 54-55+ on pace team for the rest of the season.

This team isn't as "far away" as some people want to believe. We're deeper than a lot of the teams that are slotted ahead of us, but we haven't had the Coaching of those teams and that kind of thing matters.

Switching from Del Harris to Phil Jackson took us from being swept to an NBA Championship. Now Phil Jackson is a GOAT, but it also goes to show how important it is.

If you switched the Lakers Coaching Staff with the staff of the Celtics, or the staff of the Mavericks, or the staff of the Timberwolves and gived the other team's Ham's staff instead, the Lakers would have done far better and likely gone much farther into the Playoffs and NOT had to face the Nuggets in the first round in the first place.

But that's if you look at things from a not panicking perspective.

If we stand pat, we're a 50+ win team in terms of our potential, we've added a Top 5 draft pick at 17 to the roster and whom you HOPE is a better Coach than the last one (remains to be seen).

The Lakers underperformed because of the inability of their last Coach, with a better one we do far better, the question is if Redick is a better one.

I agree with SO MUCH of this.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

THIS.

+2

Yes, I do.

I have faith in Pelinka too. Not sure where all the hate comes from around here from some posters. We all know about the one Clippers fan who hates the entire front office, but some of the others who hate Pelinka I don’t really get. Does he deserve the blame for the Westbrook fiasco? His two stars were pushing him to do it. I don’t blame him for that one.

I do blame him for giving Reddish and Wood player options. Although, that’s probably pretty minimal impact at this point. And I blame him for HAM if that what his hire. Although, he was the IT assistant at the time. Probably learned his lesson on that one.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Rob is the worst GM ever. How can you not get a true C for 3 straight seasons? OMG, how the hell you even have a job?

Rob thinks just like Most people here. Go for the best name available and burn the hands whether you land them( Brick) or Not. sometime all you need is small improvements. Look at Mavs , they made small moves and got better.

Every season its same story. we don't have cap room, we don't have flexibility. we don't have tradeable assets. At the same time every other team is able to get creative and get the deals done.

Fire him already...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
MJST wrote:
I don't know why people are obsessed with "We need another STARRRR"

The last FOUR Championships were won by a one or two "star" lead team surrounded by a bunch of role players who knew and understood their roles and played them well and had good Coaching behind them.

LeBron and Anthony Davis are your "stars" DLO is your "third option" that can occasionally take on the 1st or 2nd option role if the other two are either not available or having an off night. You got two 25+ PPG Stars and one 18+ scorer as your top 3 and one of those stars is also a DPOY player that can do it on both ends. Teams have won Championships in the last 4 years on less than that.

In addition we have Reaves who is good for 15-18 a night and a solid 4th option. We also have Rui Hachimura as "young athletic forward" whop is good for 13-15 and also a good rebounder and role player.

Then on our bench we have Gabe Vincent whom hopefully will be better this season. We also have Vando whom is one of the best defenders in the league and fills that niche. We also have a Top 5 draft prospect that somehow fell to us at 17 in Knecht, we have an up and coming 3 and D guy with high upside in Max Christie, we have a starting center coming off the bench in Christian Wood, and we have a high athleticism pick and roll big man in Jaxson Hayes.

Teams have won Championships the last 4 seasons with LESS than this. However they also had far superior Coaching and their "stars" were still in their primes. One of ours is not, which is why we have a player like DLO to try to help compensate that while also playing the point guard role so that star doesn't have to. The reality is if you took this same roster and made LeBron 34-35 instead of 39-40 we'd very easily be going for our 3rd chip in a row right now.

From the top end of the team we have all we need. Where we've lacked it is from the Coaching standpoint and some of our role players not being healthy. Not having Vando or Vincent last season didn't help us at all. Despite that we could have been a 50+ win team if not for the inability of our coach to use the lineup that worked. Once he did we were a 54-55+ on pace team for the rest of the season.

This team isn't as "far away" as some people want to believe. We're deeper than a lot of the teams that are slotted ahead of us, but we haven't had the Coaching of those teams and that kind of thing matters.

Switching from Del Harris to Phil Jackson took us from being swept to an NBA Championship. Now Phil Jackson is a GOAT, but it also goes to show how important it is.

If you switched the Lakers Coaching Staff with the staff of the Celtics, or the staff of the Mavericks, or the staff of the Timberwolves and gived the other team's Ham's staff instead, the Lakers would have done far better and likely gone much farther into the Playoffs and NOT had to face the Nuggets in the first round in the first place.

But that's if you look at things from a not panicking perspective.

If we stand pat, we're a 50+ win team in terms of our potential, we've added a Top 5 draft pick at 17 to the roster and whom you HOPE is a better Coach than the last one (remains to be seen).

The Lakers underperformed because of the inability of their last Coach, with a better one we do far better, the question is if Redick is a better one.

I agree with SO MUCH of this.

+100

Yea, run it back with JJ. Maybe add a center somewhere.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I do want to get rid of one of Hayes or Wood and pick up Wiseman
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2900, 2901, 2902 ... 2969, 2970, 2971  Next
Page 2901 of 2971
Jump to: