NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2863, 2864, 2865 ... 2937, 2938, 2939  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:54 am    Post subject:

Derozan functions much better surrounded by shooters. I don't think this is the right offense for him. Any possessions where he's not setting up the offense means defenses sagging off of him to crowd AD/Lebron.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject:

What would a good off season look like for everyone here?
Vuc?
DD?
Klay?
Lopez?
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
ocho wrote:
Really would love to find a way to get Kessler.

Is he worth a 1st?

I think so. Utah seems like a trade partner for us. Can trade a salary into their cap space for Kessler and a pick. Also have the option to remove the protections on the 27 pick.

Then do DLO or Rui to Jazz plus a 1st for Kessler. This would also open up enough money for Klay or DeRozan.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Get Bridges (or Johnson) and Vuc. Why would we want to off assets to get Klay? Klay is good for the MLE and no assets.

hate to tell you but Vuc is locked up in a new deal with the Wizards. 3yr/30M.

My assumption is Lakers didn't reach out to him for whatever reason. Hard to believe he'd to to the wizards if any other team, let alone the Lakers, reached out.

I think you meant Jonas Valenciunas signed with the Wizards
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m starting to warm up to DeRozan in a big way, and if we can get a nice starting C as a follow up move I would be jumping for joy

We have a starting center

And what the hell do we have whenever AD is not on the court? It is absolutely a need. Hayes offers about as much rim protection as I do. We literally had Rui playing small ball 5 at times. It's a need.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

If the situation that's been floating around is that Portland is trying to unload Jerami Grant's contract and the Lakers are offering Rui Hachimura, Gabe Vincent, Cam Reddish along with a pick for him. Would you take it?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If the situation that's been floating around is that Portland is trying to unload Jerami Grant's contract and the Lakers are offering Rui Hachimura, Gabe Vincent, Cam Reddish along with a pick for him. Would you take it?

I think Grant is almost a neutral move… Much older and rebounds the ball worse than Rui.
QuadDouble
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

MJST wrote:

absolutely.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

pjiddy wrote:
Derozan functions much better surrounded by shooters. I don't think this is the right offense for him. Any possessions where he's not setting up the offense means defenses sagging off of him to crowd AD/Lebron.

Chicago ranked 20th in 3% compared to the Lakers at 8th.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Depending on the pick... yes. IMO must have hard protections on it. If so, I would like that roster a lot - especially if it meant Klay would take MLE and discount for Bron.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Considering JJ wants more 3 pointers to us up from our league bottom frequency, adding Derozan really doens't make sense. It only makes sense from a "Rob looking like he got someone" perspective.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
manlisten wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Considering JJ wants more 3 pointers to us up from our league bottom frequency, adding Derozan really doens't make sense. It only makes sense from a "Rob looking like he got someone" perspective.

That's a different point than the one you originally made. But one player alone isn't going to fix the 3 point shooting volume.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

QuadDouble wrote:
MJST wrote:

absolutely.

Keep the pick and give them JHS. Grant is on a bad deal, and he seems to be good numbers bad team type of player.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Yama wrote:
https://x.com/wojespn/status/1807823591125254247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1807823591125254247%7Ctwgr%5E30eae6632349615ed5ef4e68f0beb94f6e8769c3%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F1dsya0y%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Even bostons owner knows he doesn’t have enough money to compete in todays nba, it’s time Jeanie

So they paid everyone and leave 400 m tax bill next season to the next owner, lol

400 million luxury tax is just another tax write off for the rich.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

read that wrong, ignore

Last edited by defense on Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I think Grant is almost a neutral move… Much older and rebounds the ball worse than Rui.

definitely not a rebounding or defense guy if you're into that kind of thing. I prefer to keep Rui at half the cost.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
27 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Get Bridges (or Johnson) and Vuc. Why would we want to off assets to get Klay? Klay is good for the MLE and no assets.

hate to tell you but Vuc is locked up in a new deal with the Wizards. 3yr/30M.

My assumption is Lakers didn't reach out to him for whatever reason. Hard to believe he'd to to the wizards if any other team, let alone the Lakers, reached out.

I think you meant Jonas Valenciunas signed with the Wizards

yup, i mixed them right up. sorry about that
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
manlisten wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Attempts
percentage
Makes

???

Chicago attempted 1 more 3 than the Lakers per game. Derozan functioned just fine.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Naw.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

No rumor of which players and to which team are we trying to clear the salaries for Klay?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:10 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

definitely not a rebounding or defense guy if you're into that kind of thing. I prefer to keep Rui at half the cost.

Yea that also… Grant numbers are also as a Top2 option on that team… His numbers will go down a lot here being the 4th option. People here complain about how bad of a rebounder Rui is. Wait until you see Grant.

Rui’s number as a 5th option starter on this team is really efficient.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
MJST wrote:

Naw.

Grant is one of those players who people think is good because he scores well, but he is actually a negative player based on quite a few advanced stats. He is also overpaid.
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yea that also… Grant numbers are also as a Top2 option on that team… His numbers will go down a lot here being the 4th option. People here complain about how bad of a rebounder Rui is. Wait until you see Grant.

Rui’s number as a 5th option starter on this team is really efficient.

Maybe but how else can we sign anyone? You gotta trade 2 or 3 for 1 to open some spots.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mile bridges
Markenan
And call it a day.
That should get us to the second round assuming we don’t play nuggets okc wolves mavs
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:12 am    Post subject:

The only time Chicago has won in the last few years was the 35 games when Lonzo was healthy and they went 22-13

Other than that with Lavine and DeRozan they have been sub .500
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2863, 2864, 2865 ... 2937, 2938, 2939  Next
Page 2864 of 2939
Jump to: