NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2860, 2861, 2862 ... 2935, 2936, 2937  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:46 am    Post subject:

Presti's post Harden and Durant plan was to build around Westbrook. Just saying
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Boston Celtics guard Derrick White has agreed on a four-year, $125.9 million contract extension, sources tell ESPN. The deal includes a player option. Huge offseason priority for the champs.

Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

Batguano wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
It didn’t seem like “[j]ust saying” to me.. since you used the word “clueless.”

It took an unprecedented NBA trade veto to push the Lakers into lottery hell. It killed their players trade value and destroyed the locker room.

2 WCF and 1 NBAF in 17 seasons. During that time they had a prime Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were all top 5 picks. Maybe it was the players around them that were the problem? Maybe there is more to building an NBA roster than just “drafting and developing.”

I like their moves this summer. The Hartenstein signing was an obvious one to make. The Caruso pickup was shrewd. We’ll see what happens.

If the Lakers had the Sam Presti results over the past 17 seasons I don’t think anyone around here would have been too happy.

Well if Sam Presti was on the Lakers they most likely wouldn't have broken up the Big 3 of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden before they reached their peak. And this is such a disingenuous post on your part. I honestly hate these type of bad faith arguments that you often see on the internet.

Durant was drafted in 2007 at 19 years old, Westbrook got drafted in 2008 at 20 years old, and Harden got drafted in 2009 and 20 years old. Usually a players prime begins around 25. So we NEVER saw PRIME Harden on the Thunder, as you stated. So right off the bat you're stretching the "truth" to make your argument work. Eliminate 2007-2009 from your window, because they didn't even make the playoffs those years as they were still in the process of acquiring their Big 3 and were insanely young. Let's look at the rest of their playoff results:

2010: Made the playoffs as an 8th seed and pushed the defending champion Kobe/Pau Lakers to a tough 6 games that ended on a walk-off Pau Gasol putback game-winner.

2011: Lost to the eventual champion Mavs in the Conference Finals (the same team that beat the defending champion Kobe/Pau Lakers and then upset the Superteam Heatles)

2012: Made it to the Finals and their young Big 3 (still in their young 20s, Harden wasn't even a starter yet) lost to a Big 3 Heatles of grown men all in their primes.

2013: They lose Harden. Beverly injures Westbrook in the 1st round and is out for the rest of the playoffs. Thunder lose to the Grizz in the Conference Seminfinals.

2014: Lose against the eventual champion Dynasty Spurs (one of the greatest passing teams of all time) in the Conference Finals.

2015: Both Durant and Westbrook had injury-riddled seasons. Durant missed the rest of the season. Thunder miss playoffs.

2016: They go up 3-1 on the 73-win Warriors "Greatest Team of All Time" only to end up losing the series 3-4.

Durant goes to the Warriors.

As you can see 1) Unfortunate injuries, 2) Simply losing against superior championship teams (Lakers, Spurs, Warriors, Mavs), 3) Them losing Harden before he reached his prime, and 4) them being incredibly young to start with played huge roles in them failing to win a championship. That has NOTHING to do with Presti.

Just a lot of bad luck then? I guess that’s your argument.

One would think the best GM in the league, according to some around here, would have more than 1 NBA finals appearance in 17+ seasons, but I guess that’s too much of an ask.

Most likely he would have been fired by the Lakers 7+ seasons ago.. that we agree with. Expectations are sky high with the Lakers and their fan base.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

I would trade Rui to make room for Klay. His contributions are more easily replaceable than DLOs. Try and trade DLO in a different deal when they have a plan at PG
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If it’s between DeMar or Klay, I’m going with DeMar, he’s still a elite shot maker, his 3pt shot is much more respectful then it was 3-4 years ago, I read this morning that the Bulls were looking to S&T DeRozan, so maybe DLO goes to Chicago or to a 3rd team and we acquire DeRozan on the amount Chicago signs him for

Please DeMar. I watched a lot of Bulls games last year, living in Chicago, and this guy is the real deal. The team sucked and he put them on his back numerous times

I can’t believe they are letting him go and he’s potentially available to us.

Please make it happen!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
I would trade Rui to make room for Klay. His contributions are more easily replaceable than DLOs. Try and trade DLO in a different deal when they have a plan at PG

I think we're hurting for size on the wing, but Rui would feel better than DLO.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:51 am    Post subject:

S&T for Klay (Or DDR)

Get LeBron to take $44M

Get someone on a $5.2M TPMLE

Who is available for that mini mid-level?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
It didn’t seem like “[j]ust saying” to me.. since you used the word “clueless.”

It took an unprecedented NBA trade veto to push the Lakers into lottery hell. It killed their players trade value and destroyed the locker room.

2 WCF and 1 NBAF in 17 seasons. During that time they had a prime Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were all top 5 picks. Maybe it was the players around them that were the problem? Maybe there is more to building an NBA roster than just “drafting and developing.”

I like their moves this summer. The Hartenstein signing was an obvious one to make. The Caruso pickup was shrewd. We’ll see what happens.

If the Lakers had the Sam Presti results over the past 17 seasons I don’t think anyone around here would have been too happy.

Well if Sam Presti was on the Lakers they most likely wouldn't have broken up the Big 3 of Durant, Westbrook, and Harden before they reached their peak. And this is such a disingenuous post on your part. I honestly hate these type of bad faith arguments that you often see on the internet.

Durant was drafted in 2007 at 19 years old, Westbrook got drafted in 2008 at 20 years old, and Harden got drafted in 2009 and 20 years old. Usually a players prime begins around 25. So we NEVER saw PRIME Harden on the Thunder, as you stated. So right off the bat you're stretching the "truth" to make your argument work. Eliminate 2007-2009 from your window, because they didn't even make the playoffs those years as they were still in the process of acquiring their Big 3 and were insanely young. Let's look at the rest of their playoff results:

2010: Made the playoffs as an 8th seed and pushed the defending champion Kobe/Pau Lakers to a tough 6 games that ended on a walk-off Pau Gasol putback game-winner.

2011: Lost to the eventual champion Mavs in the Conference Finals (the same team that beat the defending champion Kobe/Pau Lakers and then upset the Superteam Heatles)

2012: Made it to the Finals and their young Big 3 (still in their young 20s, Harden wasn't even a starter yet) lost to a Big 3 Heatles of grown men all in their primes.

2013: They lose Harden. Beverly injures Westbrook in the 1st round and is out for the rest of the playoffs. Thunder lose to the Grizz in the Conference Seminfinals.

2014: Lose against the eventual champion Dynasty Spurs (one of the greatest passing teams of all time) in the Conference Finals.

2015: Both Durant and Westbrook had injury-riddled seasons. Durant missed the rest of the season. Thunder miss playoffs.

2016: They go up 3-1 on the 73-win Warriors "Greatest Team of All Time" only to end up losing the series 3-4.

Durant goes to the Warriors.

As you can see 1) Unfortunate injuries, 2) Simply losing against superior championship teams (Lakers, Spurs, Warriors, Mavs), 3) Them losing Harden before he reached his prime, and 4) them being incredibly young to start with played huge roles in them failing to win a championship. That has NOTHING to do with Presti.

Just a lot of bad luck then? I guess that’s your argument.

One would think the best GM in the league, according to some around here, would have more than 1 NBA finals appearance in 17+ seasons, but I guess that’s too much of an ask.

Most likely he would have been fired by the Lakers 7+ seasons ago.. that we agree with. Expectations are sky high with the Lakers and their fan base.

The majority of the things I stated have nothing to do with Presti. But continue on with your bad faith argument. Copium is a hell of a drug.

And not sure how you drew THIS (bolded) conclusion from what I said. Seems like you just hear what you want to hear...

Last edited by Batguano on Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
kbitboc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If it’s between DeMar or Klay, I’m going with DeMar, he’s still a elite shot maker, his 3pt shot is much more respectful then it was 3-4 years ago, I read this morning that the Bulls were looking to S&T DeRozan, so maybe DLO goes to Chicago or to a 3rd team and we acquire DeRozan on the amount Chicago signs him for

Please DeMar. I watched a lot of Bulls games last year, living in Chicago, and this guy is the real deal. The team sucked and he put them on his back numerous times

Please make it happen!

Other than Bulls, are there any other teams that might want him and can offer him more than the fmle?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:

Westbrook put up 31/10/10 and won MVP his first season without them. I wouldn't call it the worst plan for a small market team hoping to have some star fans would connect with and show up to watch.

At least they didn't watch Westbrook flame out on 3 straight teams and give up assets to acquire him, and then more to get rid of him.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

kbitboc wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Please make it happen!

Other than Bulls, are there any other teams that might want him and can offer him more than the fmle?

I think the Lakers or Mavs pivot to DeRozan when one of them doesn't get Klay.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

Regardless of what you think about Klay, I love the media narrative about how much better the Mavs are than us as a contending situation based on the whopping...3 more wins they had in the regular season. I get the Finals run is still fresh in people's minds, but they got wiped out by Boston, their #2 option looked cooked (the hyped up role players all crapped their pants), and I don't view them much differently from the Heat making it last year. They're probably the 4th best team in the conference, at best, and we're what? 6th?
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:56 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
CamReddish wrote:

Westbrook put up 31/10/10 and won MVP his first season without them. I wouldn't call it the worst plan for a small market team hoping to have some star fans would connect with and show up to watch.

At least they didn't watch Westbrook flame out on 3 straight teams and give up assets to acquire him, and then more to get rid of him.

I was a huge Westbrook fan then also. Lol

I would say he does good at drafting high in the draft and gathering assets. I don't think the Lakers would ever be in a position to gather assets under this impatient ownership group
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject:

the more i think about it the more i like Demar over Klay. Demar has the similar mid-range game as D Wade, can break down defenders with ease. Klay is just a running off screens, catch and shoot guy, the improvement between him and DLO is very marginable if you look at the stats and not their names.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Lakers could've used Eubanks. this team desperately need physical presence in the middle, and yet, they are keep waiting on aging perimeter guys.

Rob doesn’t even know who that is.

To be fair though Eubanks is just energy. He's not much impact with size. He's great for RS depth, when your core guys are off or slow or tired. Can bring in some energy, but he's not particularly someone that has a defined role on a contender in their rotation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Boston Celtics guard Derrick White has agreed on a four-year, $125.9 million contract extension, sources tell ESPN. The deal includes a player option. Huge offseason priority for the champs.

(bleep) them taxes…..
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

don't give me the Mychael Thompson and Klay together in LA feel good story. Klay had a chance to sign with the lakers outright in 2019, and he re-up with GS instead. not blaming him for doing so, but painting the Mychael Thompson angle is just too fake to me.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject:

Foston is bring back all of their guys after winning a championship unlike some team.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wolfpaclaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Lakers could've used Eubanks. this team desperately need physical presence in the middle, and yet, they are keep waiting on aging perimeter guys.

To be fair though Eubanks is just energy. He's not much impact with size. He's great for RS depth, when your core guys are off or slow or tired. Can bring in some energy, but he's not particularly someone that has a defined role on a contender in their rotation.

I’ve come to the conclusion that LG is so desperate for a “big center” that Mozgov signing would be so satisfying if it happened today….
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
the more i think about it the more i like Demar over Klay. Demar has the similar mid-range game as D Wade, can break down defenders with ease. Klay is just a running off screens, catch and shoot guy, the improvement between him and DLO is very marginable if you look at the stats and not their names.

I had a bias against Demar because of the fit with Bron/AD and three-point shooting issues, but checking his numbers, he's still a decently positive impact type of player. It would take away from Point Reaves, but Demar (if we're assuming Dlo is gone) would replace that production well and might be able to assume even more playmaking responsibilities from Bron. Even if the fit ends up being less than ideal, I love Demar as a regular season floor raiser for the team that could save Bron for the playoffs via a healthy amount of load management.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
don't give me the Mychael Thompson and Klay together in LA feel good story. Klay had a chance to sign with the lakers outright in 2019, and he re-up with GS instead. not blaming him for doing so, but painting the Mychael Thompson angle is just too fake to me.

lol...if Klay really wanted to play in LA, he would have taken the vet min instead of the MLE right at the start of FA. The fact that he's still negotiating means he wants as big a contract as possible because he knows it's probably his last NBA contract.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

(bleep) them taxes…..

The Celtics are presently well run. They picked up players at the right time, had lots of assets for trade and were able to sign their own players. Still they gonna be a 200M payroll. I guess when your the best team in the league and believe in your team “wiggle room” to do stuff to make yourself better is overrated.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject:

DDR will be a great regular season player. LBJ/AD/DDR will fail just like how it failed with Brick. DDR won't space the floor at all.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I’ve come to the conclusion that LG is so desperate for a “big center” that Mozgov signing would be so satisfying if it happened today….

matter of fact, in today's economy, Mozgov's contract would seem underpay.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

lol...if Klay really wanted to play in LA, he would have taken the vet min instead of the MLE right at the start of FA. The fact that he's still negotiating means he wants as big a contract as possible because he knows it's probably his last NBA contract.

If he really wants to play for LA, he should pay Lakers and play
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2860, 2861, 2862 ... 2935, 2936, 2937  Next
Page 2861 of 2937
Jump to: