NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2858, 2859, 2860 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:46 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
I’m sure Rob loves being bent over publicly by team Klutch. The Lakers did EVERYTHING for Bron and Klutch. Their reward? Being put on notice publicly that Bron will take a pay cut for impossible players. Outside of JV, who I think was purposely put on the list at the tail end, the other players were Harden and Klay. Harden signed for over 30M! Bron did this (bleep) on purpose. Now he can say seeeeeee I was willing to take a pay cut. Stupid Lakers couldn’t get it done. (bleep) Bron and Klutch.

In what world do you take a pay cut for just anyone if you’re LeBron?

If you’re LeBron and you take a cut you’re going to get (bleep) form the union because you’re a star, all nba star, a top draw, and you take a pay cut undermining the union for a non star 😂
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:49 am    Post subject:

If Klay or DeRozan wanted to take the MLE and be a Laker it would have happened already. Our roster is what it is. We needed a legit center, didn’t get it. The only changes to our roster is Prince and Dinwiddie out and Knecht and Bronny in. You can argue we got worse. The only way we are better is with better coaching (possible) and better health (also possible, but could also go the other way). Obviously a trade could happen during the season, but I think we go into training camp with exactly what we have right now.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:49 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
“OKC added Caruso and Hartenstein this summer without giving up a single rotation player that matters and any first round picks.

What the hell”

Saw this tweet and it’s my exact thoughts as well: WTF!!

But SAM PRESTI has NEVER won a chip. That was the argument by some really "smart" LGers on why Presti wouldn't be a great VP of BBall Operations if the Lakers ever got bot by a real ownership team (Guggenheim).

Getting to the second round of the playoffs every 7-10 years isn’t much of an accomplishment, IMO.
l

So clueless
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
If Klay or DeRozan wanted to take the MLE and be a Laker it would have happened already. Our roster is what it is. We needed a legit center, didn’t get it. The only changes to our roster is Prince and Dinwiddie out and Knecht and Bronny in. You can argue we got worse. The only way we are better is with better coaching (possible) and better health (also possible, but could also go the other way). Obviously a trade could happen during the season, but I think we go into training camp with exactly what we have right now.

Still have the MLE to sign a center or DLo and frp to trade for one. Let's not lose hope. Might have to pay a high price due to supply and demand.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject:

Lauri on the Spurs would be scary. Don't think the Lakers can outbid them with those ATL picks.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject:

If we tried to trade for a center later, teams would look at us as "desperate" and try to fleece us. Then Rob is going to hold off again because he doesn't want to get fleeced. Already knew it's gonna happen.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
“OKC added Caruso and Hartenstein this summer without giving up a single rotation player that matters and any first round picks.

What the hell”

But SAM PRESTI has NEVER won a chip. That was the argument by some really "smart" LGers on why Presti wouldn't be a great VP of BBall Operations if the Lakers ever got bot by a real ownership team (Guggenheim).

Getting to the second round of the playoffs every 7-10 years isn’t much of an accomplishment, IMO.
l

So clueless

Having won a chip, Rob is definitely one of the best GMs in the league. Thank you for settling this guys.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

Putting my IG hat on and thinking aloud about a potential
three way deal in the works between the Nets, Warriors and Lakers which sends Dlo to the nets and Klay here.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

Kblo247! wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
I’m sure Rob loves being bent over publicly by team Klutch. The Lakers did EVERYTHING for Bron and Klutch. Their reward? Being put on notice publicly that Bron will take a pay cut for impossible players. Outside of JV, who I think was purposely put on the list at the tail end, the other players were Harden and Klay. Harden signed for over 30M! Bron did this (bleep) on purpose. Now he can say seeeeeee I was willing to take a pay cut. Stupid Lakers couldn’t get it done. (bleep) Bron and Klutch.

If you’re LeBron and you take a cut you’re going to get (bleep) form the union because you’re a star, all nba star, a top draw, and you take a pay cut undermining the union for a non star 😂

The point is he was never going to take a pay cut. It was always a bluff to make Rob and the Lakers look bad and him look good. If you don’t understand why that is then that means you really thought Rob should be able to convince people to take 10M+ less money.

Last edited by kfkilla on Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Lakers could still get Klay though. We don't know how the negotiation is going. Everyone knew Harden wasn't gonna take the MLE and he was dead set on returning to the Clippers anyways.

So if we did get Klay and Bron took the paycut, whatchu gunna say? Still gonna say Bron was just bluffing with a $20M paycut and that the Lakers called his bluff?

What you gonna say if it doesn’t? Will you admit that Bron is a (bleep)?
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

What the hell”

l

So clueless

Don’t let the facts get in the way of your perceived bias. Ultimately, it’s the results that matter. Maybe this will be their year now.. it’s easy to get good players when you’re picking in the top 5-10 of the draft every season.

I don’t think this fan base would be on board with the OKC results, do you?

They had a prime Kevin Durant and made it to one NBA finals. Nice job Sam.
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject:

The Lakers over the last two years have been outscored at the 3-point line by over a THOUSAND POINTS despite shooting roughly the same percentage as our opponents.

Over that same time period our opponents have attempted over a THOUSAND more attempts than us (1030)

In a down year, Klay Thompson made 268 threes on his own last season and he led the league in both makes (301) and attempts (731) the previous season and made 40% while doing so....

That is why we are holding out for him

Last edited by bkt4208 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

What the hell”

l

So clueless

Don’t let the facts get in the way of your perceived bias. Ultimately, it’s the results that matter. Maybe this will be their year now.. it’s easy to get good players when you’re picking in the top 5-10 of the draft every season.

Every other team who has not won has a great GM and org... you didn't know?
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Lakers could still get Klay though. We don't know how the negotiation is going. Everyone knew Harden wasn't gonna take the MLE and he was dead set on returning to the Clippers anyways.

So if we did get Klay and Bron took the paycut, whatchu gunna say?

Complain about how LeBron saddled us with an aging Klay. These people have entire strategic roadmaps of talking points.

He could have done this privately right? But oh no, he did it publicly to get “people” like you to see how charitable he is.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

What the hell”

l

So clueless

Sure. Since 20210 .... OKC has missed the playoffs 4x and the Lakers 7x

OKC would have likely won a title if they were able to keep that team together but finances didn't allow them to being in a small market.

Just saying Presti has been able to do an amazing job with a bad hand.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

The point is he was never going to take a pay cut. It was always a bluff to make Rob and the Lakers look bad and him look good. If you don’t understand why that is then that means you really thought Rob should be able to convince people to take 10M+ less money.

Klay is deciding between Lakers and Mavs because Mavs are offering more, probably more years as well. The Lakers do want Klay but probably not for 4 years so yes, Lakers genuinely want to sign Klay and Bron genuinely wants to take a paycut in order to sign him.
Lebron is trying to be nice so please don't make him into a bad guy.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:04 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

What the hell”

l

So clueless

Having won a chip, Rob is definitely one of the best GMs in the league. Thank you for settling this guys.

Rob is a B- GM to me. He could be more creative w/cap space and trades.

Our talent evaluation still sucks
Makave7iThaDon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:06 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
]If Klay or DeRozan wanted to take the MLE and be a Laker it would have happened already. Our roster is what it is. We needed a legit center, didn’t get it. The only changes to our roster is Prince and Dinwiddie out and Knecht and Bronny in. You can argue we got worse. The only way we are better is with better coaching (possible) and better health (also possible, but could also go the other way). Obviously a trade could happen during the season, but I think we go into training camp with exactly what we have right now.

No...the lakers don't even HAVE the MLE to offer yet until they find a way to clear cap space, presumably by unloading russels contract.

Last edited by Makave7iThaDon on Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers always late to the party. when teams are winning titles with super team (early-mid 2010s), Lakers are holding onto aging Kobe and Pau, they were not able to land another star to form their own super team. now the landscape of the league has changed to a more balanced approach in building title teams, and guess what, Lakers are now the only remaining team builds around aging super stars and still trying find another one to form a top heavy "super team".
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:

Pure speculation on your part.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:08 am    Post subject:

Who are the players still out there on the team side? Who are we competing against?
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject:

ok, so we had 3 needs going into the season.

big, guard, wing.

does klay or DDR suffice as our "3&D" wing? (and are they better than prince?) they certainly are not a real big man or a guard that is athletic

Last edited by nomoreshaq on Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Klay is deciding between Lakers and Mavs because Mavs are offering more, probably more years as well. The Lakers do want Klay but probably not for 4 years so yes, Lakers genuinely want to sign Klay and Bron genuinely wants to take a paycut in order to do so.

He could have done this privately right? He’s not the nice guy. Oh please! He has made an impossible situation for Rob, which is working as this thread has become a dumping ground on Rob. Meanwhile he’s made himself look like a philanthropist for the people who think he can do no wrong. It’s a no lose situation for him and a high probable lose situation for the Lakers and Rob.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

Send Rui,Hayes, and a pick to Mil
Lopez ,JHs, Cam, 2nd to GS
Klay to LA

Vando for Carter Jr.

Send ML to Precious Achuiwa

DLo - Vincent - Bronny
Klay - Reaves - Knecht
James - Max - Lewis
AD - Precious - Wood
Carter Jr. - Wood - Castleton
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Klay is deciding between Lakers and Mavs because Mavs are offering more, probably more years as well. The Lakers do want Klay but probably not for 4 years so yes, Lakers genuinely want to sign Klay and Bron genuinely wants to take a paycut in order to do so.

He could have done this privately right? He’s not the nice guy. Oh please! He has made an impossible situation for Rob, which is working as this thread has become a dumping ground on Rob. Meanwhile he’s made himself look like a philanthropist for the people who think he can do no wrong. It’s a no lose situation for him and a high probable lose situation for the Lakers and Rob.

How is it an impossible situation? He can make trades. He handed those contacts out. Who is taking Gebe for nothing?

DLO didn't have a market and came back, nobody is taking his 1 year salary for nothing.

It isn't all Lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2858, 2859, 2860 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next
Page 2859 of 2965
Jump to: