NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2763, 2764, 2765 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject:

LeBron James could also sign for less than the maximum to help the Lakers with their apron issues.

It would probably take a significant and expensive upgrade to the roster for it to be a serious consideration. By opting out, he can wait and see how things shake out and figure out salary later.

https://x.com/YossiGozlan/status/1807087818407280682?t=v8MlfAcuoJI42sdjxQdCog&s=19
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
Rob needs to do his best to get either Jonas V or trade for Vuecevic. We don’t need a perfect home run superstar like he keeps saying. If he misses again on getting us a center he should be fired

If people thought Marc Gasol was washed, wait till you see 34 year old Vucevic plodding around shooting 32% from 3. He is washed and rinsed.

LMAO. Dude put up 18/11 on low usage playing behind DD/Lavine. Did his 3 point% drop from previous years? Ok. But stop acting like homie is all decrepit and ish. lol.

Yeah the guy who can do this vs Jokic just last season is washed lol
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/vucevic-vs-jokic-head-to-head

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/nikola_jokic_vs_nikola_vucevic.htm

Let’s resign Dwight Howard as long as we’re lmaoing at games from 3+ years ago. I forgot NBA players don’t age. Also, he did that against us perennial DPOY candidate Jokic??

Also He’s not getting 16 shots a game in a Laker uniform. He’s getting maybe 5 or 6.

Vuecvic is still a top 8 center in the league on a good deal. He’s coming off 18/11/3 with low usage. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think there’s a better center available for us to get that’s younger and cheaper w the same effectiveness and history of playing incredibly well vs jokic (our biggest enemy) in the nba and in Europe. I’ll take jokics words on Vuc over your incomplete analysis
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:34 am    Post subject:

Capehorn wrote:
How do we feel about Wendell carter? Haven’t seen much magic basketball? Jonathan Isaac as well

Carter stucked behind Paolo, great contract, he’s more of a 5
Rui stuck behind Bron and AD, so so contract, more of a 4
Change of scenery might be good for both
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:35 am    Post subject:

Not sure “best euro center” is that ringing of an endorsement, especially if it gets to stretch back to 2016 and we’re talking more offensively than defensively. Lavine and Droz might be “ballhogs” but he still gets way more shots there than he would here. His threeball has been low efficiency for some time, and usually drops in volume hurt more than help. I admit his rebounding is still decent, but it seems like a misallocation of our limited trade resources.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:41 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Not sure “best euro center” is that ringing of an endorsement, especially if it gets to stretch back to 2016 and we’re talking more offensively than defensively. Lavine and Droz might be “ballhogs” but he still gets way more shots there than he would here. His threeball has been low efficiency for some time, and usually drops in volume hurt more than help. I admit his rebounding is still decent, but it seems like a misallocation of our limited trade resources.

You forgot Coby White the black hole.

I don’t see anyone else filling the void of good big center with skills that’s only making $20 mil. We can’t afford to sign Jonas due to salary cap. We could try to trade for Capela as well but he’s less skilled although better on defense and at the rim
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:44 am    Post subject:

Let’s go!

Quote:
With LeBron James opting out to re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, the superstar is considering opening up a pathway for the team to obtain the full midlevel exception for the right targets, league sources tell @NBAonTNT, @BleacherReport.

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:44 am    Post subject:

Vucevic is (bleep) garbage. Anyone who suggests him clearly has no idea what they're talking about.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."

Last edited by manlisten on Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
Rob needs to do his best to get either Jonas V or trade for Vuecevic. We don’t need a perfect home run superstar like he keeps saying. If he misses again on getting us a center he should be fired

If people thought Marc Gasol was washed, wait till you see 34 year old Vucevic plodding around shooting 32% from 3. He is washed and rinsed.

LMAO. Dude put up 18/11 on low usage playing behind DD/Lavine. Did his 3 point% drop from previous years? Ok. But stop acting like homie is all decrepit and ish. lol.

Yeah the guy who can do this vs Jokic just last season is washed lol
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/vucevic-vs-jokic-head-to-head

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/nikola_jokic_vs_nikola_vucevic.htm

Let’s resign Dwight Howard as long as we’re lmaoing at games from 3+ years ago. I forgot NBA players don’t age. Also, he did that against us perennial DPOY candidate Jokic??

Also He’s not getting 16 shots a game in a Laker uniform. He’s getting maybe 5 or 6.

Vuecvic is still a top 8 center in the league on a good deal. He’s coming off 18/11/3 with low usage. You’re living in a fantasy world if you think there’s a better center available for us to get that’s younger and cheaper w the same effectiveness and history of playing incredibly well vs jokic (our biggest enemy) in the nba and in Europe. I’ll take jokics words on Vuc over your incomplete analysis

I don't think the Lakers are going to invest significant in the C position. Maybe a lower paid younger athletic guy. Have to surround Lebron with AD with younger energy guys that defend
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Let’s go!

Quote:
With LeBron James opting out to re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, the superstar is considering opening up a pathway for the team to obtain the full midlevel exception for the right targets, league sources tell @NBAonTNT, @BleacherReport.

I always liked Lebron
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:46 am    Post subject:

Who tweeted that ocho?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
Who tweeted that ocho?

Haynes.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
Who tweeted that ocho?

Haynes.

Thanks
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

manlisten wrote:
Vucevic is (bleep) garbage. Anyone who suggests him clearly has no idea what they're talking about.

Your definition of garbage is garbage.

18/11/3 on low usage and solid efficiency is good with 76 GAMES PLAYED!! Garbage is Hayes, Wood, Vanderbilt

Last edited by FrankUnderwood on Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

With this and the Windhorst comments I wonder if there’s already an MLE guy lined up.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

ocho wrote:
Let’s go!

Quote:

Ideally he takes an extra year at a lower annual number.. so a 3 year instead of 2 year deal.
Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:51 am    Post subject:

Jonas v? For mle?
rybee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hopefully FO reciprocates and tries to improve the roster if he does that
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

ocho wrote:
With this and the Windhorst comments I wonder if there’s already an MLE guy lined up.

We can also trade the MLE. Can it be combined with a player to increase the salary return?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

FrankUnderwood wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I don’t see anyone else filling the void of good big center with skills that’s only making $20 mil. We can’t afford to sign Jonas due to salary cap. We could try to trade for Capela as well but he’s less skilled although better on defense and at the rim

There's definitely a chance they go into the season with this roster. The biggest problems last year was Ham and injuries. All this talk about a big bruising center...Dallas got to the finals without one. Gafford is 6'10 235 he's not a bruising center. Hayes is very similiar in the way he plays as Lively. JJ is smarter than Ham but a lot. So there's 10 more wins with a healthy roster. Good chance they start the season like this especially since JJ was also brought in to improve our young player ala AR, Max, Rui now Hayes, and reevaluate after 20 games.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

It's baffling to me that there are still people so picky about centers considering we haven't had one the last several years. The last time we had a filled out front court was with Javale and Dwight. That's a disgrace honestly.

Like I still just smh at how Rob broke up a championship roster and then never attempted to replicate the formula that worked. We won with size, physicality, defense, dominating on the glass, and opportunistic shooting (rather than high volume shooting).

Just simple decisions like keeping Caruso and adding a legitimate center would've had us still competing. But no we had to take a 2 year detour with Westbrook and waste 2 years of one of the best duos in the league.

Rob is truly a bad GM. He was mid but after several disastrous decisions he's in the "bad" category. So many wasted assets.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject:

https://hoopshype.com/lists/the-top-20-nba-centers-in-2023-24/
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

James Wiseman you are a Laker.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks will not deliver a qualifying offer to forward Saddiq Bey, clearing the way for him to become an unrestricted free agent.

Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

King Randle wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

There's definitely a chance they go into the season with this roster. The biggest problems last year was Ham and injuries. All this talk about a big bruising center...Dallas got to the finals without one. Gafford is 6'10 235 he's not a bruising center. Hayes is very similiar in the way he plays as Lively. JJ is smarter than Ham but a lot. So there's 10 more wins with a healthy roster. Good chance they start the season like this especially since JJ was also brought in to improve our young player ala AR, Max, Rui now Hayes, and reevaluate after 20 games.

10 more? That puts us at top of the West. Lol
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Ziggy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

It's baffling to me that there are still people so picky about centers considering we haven't had one the last several years. The last time we had a filled out front court was with Javale and Dwight. That's a disgrace honestly.

Like I still just smh at how Rob broke up a championship roster and then never attempted to replicate the formula that worked. We won with size, physicality, defense, dominating on the glass, and opportunistic shooting (rather than high volume shooting).

Just simple decisions like keeping Caruso and adding a legitimate center would've had us still competing. But no we had to take a 2 year detour with Westbrook and waste 2 years of one of the best duos in the league.

Rob is truly a bad GM. He was mid but after several disastrous decisions he's in the "bad" category. So many wasted assets.

Preach brother! 100%
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2763, 2764, 2765 ... 2963, 2964, 2965  Next
Page 2764 of 2965
Jump to: