NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2762, 2763, 2764 ... 2938, 2939, 2940  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:08 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Lakers were extremely lucky that Dlo opted in.. keeps their options open.

It buys them time to wait for the right move.

Lucky how? Dude had zero market last year outside of us. No one appeared to want him via trade last year. Now he has value. 18m expiring. He made himself valuable. My guess is if traded he goes to a tanking team, because they know he’s not good enough to mess a tank up, but gives you hollow numbers to make it look like you aren’t tanking.

So what exactly do you disagree with?

That’s exactly my point. They can trade him.

He could have gotten more guaranteed money if he opted out. He decided to opt in and wait.. to the Lakers benefit.

He was never going to opt out. This is all he had. It wasn’t luck, it would have been a horrible business decision for him to do so. Maybe that is luck, that he’s smart enough to know he’s not highly regarded. So I guess you are right. Bobby marks after we were eliminated suggested maybe the Magic could offer him 11m per for a few years, but there was never a market outside of a salary dump for a guy who has numbers. That tells you everything you need to know about dlo. On paper he should be a 25-30 m per highly valued guy.

Don’t think you can really say that.. you have no idea what his market could have looked like. He probably could have gotten more guaranteed money.. at a lesser salary.

Or he could have opted out strictly out of spite. He was in trade rumors all year. Hurt feelings might cloud one’s judgment.. especially when you have already made 100+ million in your career. So no, I don’t think it was a guarantee that he would opt in. I think it was 50-50 at best.

The Lakers are lucky to keep the asset. If he walks you have no way to replace his salary slot.
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:14 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
ESPN Sources: Nine-time All-Star G Russell Westbrook is picking up his $4 million option and returning to the Los Angeles Clippers. Westbrook averaged 11.1 points, 5 rebounds and 4.5 assists a season ago.

yeah cuz no one else wants him lol
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling we’re gonna try getting Paul George if he doesn’t come to a extension agreement with the Clippers
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I have a feeling we’re gonna try getting Paul George if he doesn’t come to a extension agreement with the Clippers

We have $27m expiring, need to flip that for a Looney/CP3 non guarantees and still need to dump either Gabe or Rui contract but that should save AR and enough for MaxC with a Bron discount. I’ve been wondering what the numbers would look like
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:37 am    Post subject:

Rob needs to do his best to get either Jonas V or trade for Vuecevic. We don’t need a perfect home run superstar like he keeps saying. If he misses again on getting us a center he should be fired
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:41 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Rob needs to do his best to get either Jonas V or trade for Vuecevic. We don’t need a perfect home run superstar like he keeps saying. If he misses again on getting us a center he should be fired

If people thought Marc Gasol was washed, wait till you see 34 year old Vucevic plodding around shooting 32% from 3. He is washed and rinsed.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Pistons won’t tender James Wiseman a qualifying offer, sources told
@hoopshype. The 23-year-old center, the No. 2 pick of the 2020 NBA Draft, becomes an unrestricted free agent. He played a career-high 63 games averaging 7.1 points and 5.3 rebounds in 17.3 minutes last season.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

If people thought Marc Gasol was washed, wait till you see 34 year old Vucevic plodding around shooting 32% from 3. He is washed and rinsed.

Put em on the drying rack! I never watch the guy play, I just love your one liner lol
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

LMAO. Dude put up 18/11 on low usage playing behind DD/Lavine. Did his 3 point% drop from previous years? Ok. But stop acting like homie is all decrepit and ish. lol.

Kiss my Converse.

Last edited by Hard_Butter on Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

He’s not washed. I watch Bulls games due to my wife being a fan. He played incredibly good vs jokic this season and in his career. He’s still way better than any C we’ve had next to AD
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

LMAO. Dude put up 18/11 on low usage playing behind DD/Lavine. Did his 3 point% drop from previous years? Ok. But stop acting look homie is all decrepit and ish. lol.

It’s obvious he doesn’t watch Nikola play. He’s still a damn good starting C with great positional defense and rebounding. He also can hit 3s and long jumpers. Perfect fit next to AD
Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject:

How do we feel about Wendell carter? Haven’t seen much magic basketball? Jonathan Isaac as well
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

LMAO. Dude put up 18/11 on low usage playing behind DD/Lavine. Did his 3 point% drop from previous years? Ok. But stop acting like homie is all decrepit and ish. lol.

Yeah the guy who can do this vs Jokic just last season is washed lol
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/vucevic-vs-jokic-head-to-head

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/nikola_jokic_vs_nikola_vucevic.htm
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Law Murray: Can confirm that Russell Westbrook is picking up player option for next season @wojespn first. Per source, it is still undetermined whether or not Westbrook will be on 2024-25 roster, so things are still developing ther

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Just In: Los Angeles Lakers four-time champion LeBron James intends to opt out of his $51.4 million player option for next season, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The expectation is James will return to the Lakers on a new deal.

Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Just In: Los Angeles Lakers four-time champion LeBron James intends to opt out of his $51.4 million player option for next season, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The expectation is James will return to the Lakers on a new deal.

Let's see what he takes.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject:

What does he have to take to open full MLE?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

LMAO. Dude put up 18/11 on low usage playing behind DD/Lavine. Did his 3 point% drop from previous years? Ok. But stop acting look homie is all decrepit and ish. lol.

It’s obvious he doesn’t watch Nikola play. He’s still a damn good starting C with great positional defense and rebounding. He also can hit 3s and long jumpers. Perfect fit next to AD

32% from 3 over the last 3 years. The “drop” has been going on for a while. I dont know what “positional defense” is but it’s very far from great.

Jokic threw up 28/16/9 with 56% shooting in his first game against the Bulls and then got ejected in the second quarter of the other game. Even if a small sample size, “Incredibly well” feels like a stretch. Paying him 20 million this year and next when he’s 35 would be a mistake.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Get us an MLE Bron
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

I remember Darius on LFR sayin LeBron opting out to sign a new deal is the best case scenario from a finance perspective.

Can he wait until we've made our FA moves to re-sign?
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Does he take a pay cut as a wink wink ty for drafting his son? I hope so. Money shouldn't be an issue for the Kang, right?

Help us help you.

Kiss my Converse.
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:21 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I remember Darius on LFR sayin LeBron opting out to sign a new deal is the best case scenario from a finance perspective.

Can he wait until we've made our FA moves to re-sign?

I think he would have to sign 1st if he is taking a lower deal to open full MLE or he has like a Max cap hold.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
Lakers were extremely lucky that Dlo opted in.. keeps their options open.

It buys them time to wait for the right move.

Lucky how? Dude had zero market last year outside of us. No one appeared to want him via trade last year. Now he has value. 18m expiring. He made himself valuable. My guess is if traded he goes to a tanking team, because they know he’s not good enough to mess a tank up, but gives you hollow numbers to make it look like you aren’t tanking.

So what exactly do you disagree with?

That’s exactly my point. They can trade him.

He could have gotten more guaranteed money if he opted out. He decided to opt in and wait.. to the Lakers benefit.

He was never going to opt out. This is all he had. It wasn’t luck, it would have been a horrible business decision for him to do so. Maybe that is luck, that he’s smart enough to know he’s not highly regarded. So I guess you are right. Bobby marks after we were eliminated suggested maybe the Magic could offer him 11m per for a few years, but there was never a market outside of a salary dump for a guy who has numbers. That tells you everything you need to know about dlo. On paper he should be a 25-30 m per highly valued guy.

Don’t think you can really say that.. you have no idea what his market could have looked like. He probably could have gotten more guaranteed money.. at a lesser salary.

Or he could have opted out strictly out of spite. He was in trade rumors all year. Hurt feelings might cloud one’s judgment.. especially when you have already made 100+ million in your career. So no, I don’t think it was a guarantee that he would opt in. I think it was 50-50 at best.

The Lakers are lucky to keep the asset. If he walks you have no way to replace his salary slot.

Yes. Dlo the asset is good. Dlo as our starting PG, means we arent serious about winning. Depending on moves made we may not be serious about winning and giving JJ a built in excuse. Unfortunately the regular season doesnt mean much for us. Making the WCF is the only thing JJ should be compared against.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

Yeah the guy who can do this vs Jokic just last season is washed lol
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/vucevic-vs-jokic-head-to-head

https://www.landofbasketball.com/games_between/nikola_jokic_vs_nikola_vucevic.htm

Let’s resign Dwight Howard as long as we’re lmaoing at games from 3+ years ago. I forgot NBA players don’t age. Also, he did that against us perennial DPOY candidate Jokic??

Also He’s not getting 16 shots a game in a Laker uniform. He’s getting maybe 5 or 6.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:

32% from 3 over the last 3 years. The “drop” has been going on for a while. I dont know what “positional defense” is but it’s very far from great.

Jokic threw up 28/16/9 with 56% shooting in his first game against the Bulls and then got ejected in the second quarter of the other game. Even if a small sample size, “Incredibly well” feels like a stretch. Paying him 20 million this year and next when he’s 35 would be a mistake.

He’s not in his prime obviously but he’s also playing with 3 ball hogs that don’t get him easy looks like Lebron and AD would. We’re not getting a in prime center, even Jonas is post peak. We don’t need him to put up 22/12 but he is capable of going for those numbers still on any given night. 18/11/3 on low usage and solid efficiency is worth $20 million in the current nba and with where the cba is going

Jokic has said he considers Vucevic the best euro center he’s faced in the nba and a top 5 center. He’s held Jokic to 16 ppg in 13 matchups
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2762, 2763, 2764 ... 2938, 2939, 2940  Next
Page 2763 of 2940
Jump to: